The news reports were giving examples of 3 minor felonies
What's a "minor" felony?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79424 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support a gun-ban, or stricter gun laws, because one nutball went on a shooting spree, but you don't support stricter rules for x-games because one person got killed?
Liberals aren't hypocritical at all.
Not that I am supporting a gun ban, but you are comparing apples to watermelons. On the left, we have innocents killed by the hand of another. On the right we have a guy who died by voluntarily participating in an extremely risky and dangerous activity.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79425 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support a gun-ban, or stricter gun laws, because one nutball went on a shooting spree, but you don't support stricter rules for x-games because one person got killed?
Liberals aren't hypocritical at all.
You're right, it's just one nutball that is the cause of the gun discussion.

X-Gamer hurt himself and no one else. People with guns hurt others. I know that's a subtle nuance so I understand how you missed it.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79426 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>And who is it that's making an uproar?
I don't have all their names, I'll have to get back to you.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79427 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not that I am supporting a gun ban, but you are comparing apples to watermelons. On the left, we have innocents killed by the hand of another. On the right we have a guy who died by voluntarily participating in an extremely risky and dangerous activity.
See, Mutt? Tonka gets it. But then again, Tonka isn't preoccupied with labeling people as "liberal" as an insult.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79428 Jan 31, 2013
Banning something because it's potentially dangerous. Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#79429 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a "minor" felony?
felony committed while you were a minor? Or maybe felony that does not involve bodily harm to another? I dunno.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79430 Jan 31, 2013
Lindsay Lohan is an absolute wreck. 20+ court visits, 67 days of community service, 250 days in rehab, ongoing issues, she switched to an attorney who was barred from practicing for 5 years. And she looks awful. She has officially sunk below the Kardashians in my book.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#79431 Jan 31, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That woulda been awesome.
I know; I regret that we didn't do it. It would have been worth the money.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79432 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Banning something because it's potentially dangerous. Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant.
Says the person who advocates an individual's right to choose whether or not they smoke or wear a seatbelt because they (according to you) aren't affecting anyone else.

That hypocrisy aside, that is one of the dumber things you have said. And I feel confident that your stated opinion is in the minority.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79433 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who advocates an individual's right to choose whether or not they smoke or wear a seatbelt because they (according to you) aren't affecting anyone else.
How is that hypocrisy?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79434 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79435 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that hypocrisy?
You must not know what hypocrisy means. Your response to me was "Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant." Then you turn around on the smoking and seat belt issues and use the argument that those two activities affect only the person and not others as a justification for the government not coming in and telling you what to do.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79436 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I like that she didn't get rattled but I think what she said was a little dumb.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79437 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not know what hypocrisy means. Your response to me was "Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant." Then you turn around on the smoking and seat belt issues and use the argument that those two activities affect only the person and not others as a justification for the government not coming in and telling you what to do.
I was pointing out YOUR hypocrisy. You support smoking bans and seat belt laws but don't think there should be bans or restrictions on x-games.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79438 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that she didn't get rattled but I think what she said was a little dumb.
I see it the exact opposite. I think the fact that she felt the need to try to make that chick feel stupid says she got rattled. She's on Bourbon Street on Superbowl week and got pissed off that a drunk fan got into her shot? Really? You don't want drunks in your shot, stay off Bourbon Street. As far as what she said, I thought it was funny.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79439 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pointing out YOUR hypocrisy. You support smoking bans and seat belt laws but don't think there should be bans or restrictions on x-games.
You said "Banning something because it's potentially dangerous. Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant." That really sounds like you are stating your position. Would you like to clarify? Do you agree that there is a difference between activities that pose a risk to oneself and activities that pose a risk to others?
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79440 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I see it the exact opposite. I think the fact that she felt the need to try to make that chick feel stupid says she got rattled. She's on Bourbon Street on Superbowl week and got pissed off that a drunk fan got into her shot? Really? You don't want drunks in your shot, stay off Bourbon Street. As far as what she said, I thought it was funny.
Once again you and I are on oppopsite sides of the fence. Can we at least agree that water is wet? It would be a start.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79441 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "Banning something because it's potentially dangerous. Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant." That really sounds like you are stating your position. Would you like to clarify? Do you agree that there is a difference between activities that pose a risk to oneself and activities that pose a risk to others?
My "position" was sarcasm. I'll try to go slower.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79442 Jan 31, 2013
About the broadcaster in New Orleans, I'm with Tonka. I think she was very rattled, spoiled and very unprofessional.

I was disappointed, too, because it wasn't funny and I was looking for funny b/c Tonka said it was funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,110,913
Amy 9-20 4 min PEllen 3
Abby 9-20 12 min PEllen 4
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,929
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 49,859
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 46,710
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Scary Mooooooslim 178,073
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••