Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79440 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I see it the exact opposite. I think the fact that she felt the need to try to make that chick feel stupid says she got rattled. She's on Bourbon Street on Superbowl week and got pissed off that a drunk fan got into her shot? Really? You don't want drunks in your shot, stay off Bourbon Street. As far as what she said, I thought it was funny.
Once again you and I are on oppopsite sides of the fence. Can we at least agree that water is wet? It would be a start.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79441 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "Banning something because it's potentially dangerous. Whether it's dangerous for you or dangerous for me should be irrelevant." That really sounds like you are stating your position. Would you like to clarify? Do you agree that there is a difference between activities that pose a risk to oneself and activities that pose a risk to others?
My "position" was sarcasm. I'll try to go slower.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79442 Jan 31, 2013
About the broadcaster in New Orleans, I'm with Tonka. I think she was very rattled, spoiled and very unprofessional.

I was disappointed, too, because it wasn't funny and I was looking for funny b/c Tonka said it was funny.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79443 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you and I are on oppopsite sides of the fence. Can we at least agree that water is wet? It would be a start.
:D

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#79444 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I see it the exact opposite. I think the fact that she felt the need to try to make that chick feel stupid says she got rattled. She's on Bourbon Street on Superbowl week and got pissed off that a drunk fan got into her shot? Really? You don't want drunks in your shot, stay off Bourbon Street. As far as what she said, I thought it was funny.
This looks like a "What Not to Do" lesson from a freshman level journalism class. Yeah, it was probably the 50th time she got interrupted and she was frustrated. That's why you shouldn't try to shoot a news segment in the middle of the night on Drunk Boulevard. Poor decision to shoot it there, and tacky, malicious response.
I hope this was her one and only shot at breaking out from her traffic gig.

Location hidden

#79446 Jan 31, 2013
I don't really feel strongly enough for a double-post. Computer is being goofy.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79447 Jan 31, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79448 Jan 31, 2013
Toj wrote:
I think she was very rattled, spoiled and very unprofessional.
I agree.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79449 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
My "position" was sarcasm. I'll try to go slower.
Backpedaling due to demonstrated inconsistency....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79450 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Just water?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79451 Jan 31, 2013
Any activity that poses a risk to the participant, poses a risk to the spectator, golf probably more so.

I would be curious to know of an activity that only poses a risk to the participant and not the spectator.

Monster trucks?
Xtreme snowmobile?
Down hill skiing?
NASCAR?
Any one of those things can potentially harm the fans when things go out of control.

Hell, even fly fishing is potentially dangerous to the spectator.

Location hidden

#79452 Jan 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
Any activity that poses a risk to the participant, poses a risk to the spectator, golf probably more so.
I would be curious to know of an activity that only poses a risk to the participant and not the spectator.
Monster trucks?
Xtreme snowmobile?
Down hill skiing?
NASCAR?
Any one of those things can potentially harm the fans when things go out of control.
Maybe that guy who parachuted from space? I suppose he could have landed on somebody, but the odds seem very remote, especially compared to the risk to himself
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79453 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Just water?
You cheeky monkey.

Neda, stay with me!

#79454 Jan 31, 2013
True, but the odds of an occurrence happening are not part of the equation, only does the possibility (no matter how remotely) exist that another person could be harmed.

I was thinking of gymnastics, but a bad dismount can send a gymnast catapulting into the bleachers...
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that guy who parachuted from space? I suppose he could have landed on somebody, but the odds seem very remote, especially compared to the risk to himself
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79455 Jan 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
Monster trucks?
Xtreme snowmobile?
Down hill skiing?
NASCAR?
Curling. While a curler could slip on the ice and injure himself/herself, considering all spectators are behind a wall/outside the rink, and the 40 lb. stone which is slid across the ice and not thrown travels at 4.5 mph or less, I am curious as to a scenario in which a curler could injure a spectator. That would be quite a sight.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79456 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You cheeky monkey.
My friend who I went to Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder with last fall just emailed me last night. He got tix to Wrigley. Not for me, but him and the Missus-to-be are taking a long weekend for the show.

Neda, stay with me!

#79457 Jan 31, 2013
A curler uses a stick to push the rock. That stick could slip out of their hand and poke someone's eye out.

Neda, stay with me!

#79458 Jan 31, 2013
what about those broom dudes, they could get injured. ever have a 40lb rock roll over your foot?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79459 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Backpedaling due to demonstrated inconsistency....
I was turning your own argument around on you and you agreed it was hypocritical.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79460 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> My friend who I went to Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder with last fall just emailed me last night. He got tix to Wrigley. Not for me, but him and the Missus-to-be are taking a long weekend for the show.
Tell him to enjoy boystown!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Morse 1,141,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min mdbuilder 48,414
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques Ottawa 180,630
EverGreen Belgrade 3 hr voivoda_stjepan_k... 4
mtn cheat 3 hr mtn 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr KiMerde 51,241
romance 10 hr Yunkee 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:30 pm PST

NFL 1:30PM