Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a known fact that child molesters put themselves in positions that surround them with children.
I don't think allowing gay scout leaders is a good idea. Should we put our children at risk for the sake of "progress?"
The vast majority of male child molesters identify as straight. They often are married and have children of their own.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee that the vast majority of the people offended are not even Taco Bell customers. So basically, they’ve pulled a funny ad, that speaks to their core customer base, because people who contribute nothing to their bottom line got their feelings hurt.
As a mostly vegetarian who's had taco bell maybe 2-3 times in 20 years, anyone who would be offended by that ad needs to be bitchsmacked.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Interesting story about the catholic church/hospital and the fetuses. THe mom came into the ER throwing up and had a heart attack before they could even get her into a room. She died, then the babies inside her died. Husband sued. It's now been seven years.

I need to read more because I can't determine whether I side with the hospital (as in, they aren't guilty of malpractice) or with the dad.

But too many parents sue for wrongful death of their children out of grief, rather than just accepting that sometimes, horrible things happen and that's just life.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Interesting story about the catholic church/hospital and the fetuses. THe mom came into the ER throwing up and had a heart attack before they could even get her into a room. She died, then the babies inside her died. Husband sued. It's now been seven years.
I need to read more because I can't determine whether I side with the hospital (as in, they aren't guilty of malpractice) or with the dad.
But too many parents sue for wrongful death of their children out of grief, rather than just accepting that sometimes, horrible things happen and that's just life.
I agree with you 100% that sometimes bad things happen -- but is it per chance this situation? Link: http://www.vice.com/read/a-catholic-hospital-...

If it is, I believe it's testing Roe v. Wade more than anything (with just skimming and reading the article).

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

and NOT reading the article. Geesh.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Okay, read it. I side with the hospital but I'm loving that the Catholic hospital is legally making the argument that a fetus is not a person.

Of course, they are only speaking in terms of legal definitions and not necessarily their views. Still, most people won't see it that way.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying that being gay means you are a child molester? Tell us more. Gather round all. We're about to get some learnin dropped on us.
We've hashed on this before, and I posted links and proof that statistically, gays are three times more likely to molest children.

(Remember, you can't use sheer numbers because straights vastly outnumber gays.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100% that sometimes bad things happen -- but is it per chance this situation? Link: http://www.vice.com/read/a-catholic-hospital-...
If it is, I believe it's testing Roe v. Wade more than anything (with just skimming and reading the article).
Yeah, it's that case. But they're not giving us any helpful details, just the sensationalist aspects.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I commend the boy scouts for changing, but I think that author is an obnoxious as$.
He despises anyone who doesn't share his views and demonizes them as un American. Typical narrow-minded liberal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Have you heard of this? 9' high ocean foam hitting the streets of Australia:

http://news.discovery.com/earth/oceans/sea-fo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
We've hashed on this before, and I posted links and proof that statistically, gays are three times more likely to molest children.
(Remember, you can't use sheer numbers because straights vastly outnumber gays.)
Bullshit. Liar. Bullshit. Liar. Bullshit. Liar.

I don't know how you even have any friends with that brain of yours.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He despises anyone who doesn't share his views and demonizes them as un American. Typical narrow-minded liberal.
Sounds like a typical narrow-minded republican on these boards.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He despises anyone who doesn't share his views and demonizes them as un American.
I agree.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
News Headline: "For sixth time in a week, man shot at a gun show."
OK. We've been trying it the National Rifle Association's way.
How long would it take to manufacture 315 million assault rifles?
Then we can all just have it out.
Thank goodness for the wisdom of the White House. Obviously, a ban on assault rifles will put an end to accidents with pistols and shotguns.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Liar. Bullshit. Liar. Bullshit. Liar.
Kinda sounds like you're putting your fingers in your ears and yelling LA LA LA because the truth is too upsetting?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness for the wisdom of the White House. Obviously, a ban on assault rifles will put an end to accidents with pistols and shotguns.
Its not the accidents we worry about, it is the intentional slaughters.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you worry about them, you should support measures that would actually prevent them. Not feel good measures, that can easily be worked around. As many of us have pointed out, banning assault rifles won't prevent massacres. You can do just as much damage in many settings with a couple of handguns and extra clips.

Saw an article today and it said only 4% of homicides are caused by rifles, 4% with shotguns, I think 8% with other weapons, and the rest are caused with handguns.

Although I appreciate the media sensationalism such events cause, are 20 lives lost in a single massacre with an assault rifle more valuable than 20 lives lost in individual hand gun shootings? Do the loved ones of those 20 individuals who die in individual shootings feel any different than the loved ones of the 20 who die in a single massacre.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Which has absolutely no bearing on sams agenda. Assault style weapons must be banned, and every firearm accident from potato cannon to nuke only proves that point.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying that being gay means you are a child molester? Tell us more. Gather round all. We're about to get some learnin dropped on us.
Times like this, you are so damn hot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you worry about them, you should support measures that would actually prevent them. Not feel good measures, that can easily be worked around. As many of us have pointed out, banning assault rifles won't prevent massacres. You can do just as much damage in many settings with a couple of handguns and extra clips.
Saw an article today and it said only 4% of homicides are caused by rifles, 4% with shotguns, I think 8% with other weapons, and the rest are caused with handguns.
Although I appreciate the media sensationalism such events cause, are 20 lives lost in a single massacre with an assault rifle more valuable than 20 lives lost in individual hand gun shootings? Do the loved ones of those 20 individuals who die in individual shootings feel any different than the loved ones of the 20 who die in a single massacre.
I think the only new gun laws that *might* make a difference is federally mandated waiting periods and background checks. But that’s a very iffy “might.” And along a federal mandate has to come with funding. Just this month, a MN sheriff discovered (I think via FB somehow) that a local “kid” had amassed a hell of an arsenal, and he’s not legally allowed to own guns – because he shot his mother to death when he was 14 and spent 10 years or so in psychiatric care and has been determined that he is a threat to others (but they released him anyway).

He bought those guns legally as far as, different entities weren’t sharing information, so when a sheriff’s office did a standard background check, they didn’t discover his mental health issues and violent background.

So even following the laws, he amassed a ton of guns, and no gun seller did anything wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,221 - 78,240 of96,404
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,037,726
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min LRS 167,754
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min _Zoey_ 4,045
Music Artists A to Z 57 min _Zoey_ 102
Amy 4-24 1 hr RACE 35
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tea Bagger 511
Amy 4-23 1 hr RACE 43
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search