“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79150 Jan 26, 2013
I just read your story dog.

But the Illinois Supreme Court on Friday reversed each of those findings, ruling that Lake Holiday was allowed to enforce its bylaws against residents and that courts "generally do not interfere with the internal affairs of a voluntary association."

This is a private matter among parties that have a prior agreement, not someone passing thru.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79151 Jan 26, 2013
Just made my first ever call to the authorities to report something (when do i get my crotchety old man ribbon?)

This is the second time in 2 days I had to make my kids go inside cause some asshole can't keep track of his pitbull, who just wandered into my yard. Seems friendly, but I don't give a rat's ass. I don't take no chances with pit bulls.

And while I'm birching about neighbors, the neighbors moved out a whie ago and rented their place. I live on a culdesac, and there is enough room for 1 car on the street beteen our houses. I don't need the spot, so I got no problem with them parking there even though its primarily in front of my house, but they have a piece of shit that has just leaked oil like a mfr. Then, a shitload of broken glass ended up in the street near that spot. Some dumbass just swept it right to the edge of the street and into the grass. So I just spent 20 minutes with the wet/dry vac sucking shards of glass out of my grass. Friggin morons

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79152 Jan 26, 2013
I would not take chances with ANY dog. The friendliest mutt can turn in a moment. Cant fault the dog, its the way they are wired, and needs to be respected. Your kids are not part of their pack, so they have no social standing to the dog.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Just made my first ever call to the authorities to report something (when do i get my crotchety old man ribbon?)
This is the second time in 2 days I had to make my kids go inside cause some asshole can't keep track of his pitbull, who just wandered into my yard. Seems friendly, but I don't give a rat's ass. I don't take no chances with pit bulls.
And while I'm birching about neighbors, the neighbors moved out a whie ago and rented their place. I live on a culdesac, and there is enough room for 1 car on the street beteen our houses. I don't need the spot, so I got no problem with them parking there even though its primarily in front of my house, but they have a piece of shit that has just leaked oil like a mfr. Then, a shitload of broken glass ended up in the street near that spot. Some dumbass just swept it right to the edge of the street and into the grass. So I just spent 20 minutes with the wet/dry vac sucking shards of glass out of my grass. Friggin morons
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79153 Jan 26, 2013
Did anyone ever hear from Cycle?

Before the PM system I had some email contact with Andie J. For those who missed the conversation, she died about 2 years ago.

Yesterday I had a message from her email account with no typed message, just a link. Her account had not been closed down and was clearly hijacked, but it was very very unnerving.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79154 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:

Do you know whose dog it is? If not, I don't blame you at all for calling the authorities.

Re: broken glass - sometimes living out in the real world stinks. In the warmer weather, we get a decent amount of dog crap on our lawn because people are too lazy to clean up. My husband spends half of the night trying to catch people/dogs in the act.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79157 Jan 26, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know whose dog it is? If not, I don't blame you at all for calling the authorities.
Re: broken glass - sometimes living out in the real world stinks. In the warmer weather, we get a decent amount of dog crap on our lawn because people are too lazy to clean up. My husband spends half of the night trying to catch people/dogs in the act.
I had no idea whose dog it was. the 8 year old girl down the street was coming our way when I was cleaning he glass and I recommended she head back home. She was headed right for the dog. She thought it belonged to someone around the corner. Wife woke up, she thinks it belongs to the new neighbors.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#79158 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Before the PM system I had some email contact with Andie J. For those who missed the conversation, she died about 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. The last I remember, a few yrs ago, she said she was too busy w/tax season to post. I had no idea she was ill and died.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#79159 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Wait for tomorrow- they are predicting an ice storm and I am not going out in that.
default plans for sunday include dinner at my parents, about 15-20 minutes away. our out is that hubby is on-call and doing project work (that [koff koff] can go awry). my mom mentioned that there's going to be "weather"... so, now, hubby and i are debating which unfortunate restaurant delivery guy's life we'll endanger...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79160 Jan 26, 2013
Woo! Wine!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79161 Jan 26, 2013
Just got an email promoting some "Clockwork Angels" tour. Anyone every heard of it?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79163 Jan 27, 2013

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79164 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Just got an email promoting some "Clockwork Angels" tour. Anyone every heard of it?
Do you mean does anyone know who is performing or are you asking for reviews?

That's Rush's current tour, named after their latest album. Haven't heard anything about it, though :)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79165 Jan 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean does anyone know who is performing or are you asking for reviews?
That's Rush's current tour, named after their latest album. Haven't heard anything about it, though :)
Shhh.. I was just messin with Race and Mimi

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79166 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Shhh.. I was just messin with Race and Mimi
Re pit bull dog -- I would have called, too. Heck, someone called on my dog when it got loose and the cops found it before we did. And I have a cute little ity bitty dog that wouldn't scare a flea. It's not a barker either. It would go home with anyone and has. One neighbor found him (he's gotten out 3 times -- we've mainly fixed the issue), and kept him all day with their little girls. They loved the dog. Found him when they were walking him in the neighborhood trying to find the owner. The stupid dog looked at me, looked at their three girls and was deciding who he wanted to go to. Heh. Didn't blame him. The girls were gaga over him and had, I imagine, much more energy to play than I do.

He did end up running to me.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79167 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
It's RUSH.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79168 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I should really read *all* the comments before posting.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79169 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
It would seem logical to me that they would then be able to police their property like a Target security guard policing the parkin lot.
Would it also be logical to assume this will set precedence for other HOA communities, even ones that are not gated? Is it logical to allow a private security firm to enforce traffic laws and detain drivers on public roadways? This also once again points out your hypocrisy regarding the Travon Martin case. According to your logic, Zimmerman had every right to approach Martin and attempt to detain him.

Des Plaines, IL

#79170 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
heard of it, saw it...

that's the RUSH album/tour.

Des Plaines, IL

#79171 Jan 27, 2013
um, what mimi said....

but it was a cool concert. no opener, so 2.-5 hours of solid music.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79172 Jan 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
As soon as I hit post I thought "Duh, I just realized why Tonka would ask that".

Can I use "It's the weekend" as my excuse?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min harmonious 1,115,536
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 16 min Go Blue Forever 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min gcaveman1 47,063
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min KiMare 50,060
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,541
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 1 hr Son of God 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]