|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to address: there are pills which suppress mnstration. Declare pregnancy an automatic ineligibility for combat. 25 years ago you peed in a cup and watche whetehr the strip turned pink or blue in what 20 minutes?. Like I said , easy.
What if you are out in the field, behind enemy lines and the woman didn't know she was pregnant and suddenly starts having morning sickness.

Once again ... men will be put at risk ... and mission objectives will be compromised.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Think of it this way, let's let all the women and gays in the military that we can. Then when Revolution II breaks out, those are the people we'll be fighting against. The gays will be throwing their rainbows and the women will be squatting in the bushes menstruating. Should be an easy victory!
Lol

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
He owed property in te evelopment, had signed the HOA agreement and was speeding within the gated community. I have no sympathy for him nor do I think it is the beginnig of a slippery slope.
How many more Trevon Martin cases are we gonna see unfold because of this before people realize this isn't a good idea?

And I'm ok with a mall cop writing you a parking ticket on *mall* property, but he cannot detain you. And a gated roadway is one thing, but what about a public roadway in an HOA community?
Javier

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How many more Trevon Martin cases are we gonna see unfold because of this before people realize this isn't a good idea?
And I'm ok with a mall cop writing you a parking ticket on *mall* property, but he cannot detain you. And a gated roadway is one thing, but what about a public roadway in an HOA community?
But that was not the point of the decision.

Zimmerman was a self appointed neighborhood watch person.

The HOA cop was an employee of a company which had been hired by the HOA to do precisely what he did, something to which the driver had agreed in advance, in writing. Significant differences there.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ooops , forgot to take off my troll coat

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

s
edogxxx wrote:
Here's something that pzzed me off this morning. A HOA can hire their own rent-a-cops that can detain drivers and issue tickets, even if the person is not a member of the community. Upheld by the Illinois supreme court, this is a slippery slope that can lead to a whole host of problems. I can't agree with this at all.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-m...
Is it a gated community? As I understand it, at least in Foorida, a the roads of a gated community are not considered public roads. The HOA is responsible for road maintenance costs. It would seem logical to me that they would then be able to police their property like a Target security guard policing the parkin lot.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I would laugh in a mall cops face and drive away. Its private property, and no judge is going to preside over such a case.
At best it would be a civil case, basically your suing the person.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I just read your story dog.

But the Illinois Supreme Court on Friday reversed each of those findings, ruling that Lake Holiday was allowed to enforce its bylaws against residents and that courts "generally do not interfere with the internal affairs of a voluntary association."

This is a private matter among parties that have a prior agreement, not someone passing thru.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Just made my first ever call to the authorities to report something (when do i get my crotchety old man ribbon?)

This is the second time in 2 days I had to make my kids go inside cause some asshole can't keep track of his pitbull, who just wandered into my yard. Seems friendly, but I don't give a rat's ass. I don't take no chances with pit bulls.

And while I'm birching about neighbors, the neighbors moved out a whie ago and rented their place. I live on a culdesac, and there is enough room for 1 car on the street beteen our houses. I don't need the spot, so I got no problem with them parking there even though its primarily in front of my house, but they have a piece of shit that has just leaked oil like a mfr. Then, a shitload of broken glass ended up in the street near that spot. Some dumbass just swept it right to the edge of the street and into the grass. So I just spent 20 minutes with the wet/dry vac sucking shards of glass out of my grass. Friggin morons

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I would not take chances with ANY dog. The friendliest mutt can turn in a moment. Cant fault the dog, its the way they are wired, and needs to be respected. Your kids are not part of their pack, so they have no social standing to the dog.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Just made my first ever call to the authorities to report something (when do i get my crotchety old man ribbon?)
This is the second time in 2 days I had to make my kids go inside cause some asshole can't keep track of his pitbull, who just wandered into my yard. Seems friendly, but I don't give a rat's ass. I don't take no chances with pit bulls.
And while I'm birching about neighbors, the neighbors moved out a whie ago and rented their place. I live on a culdesac, and there is enough room for 1 car on the street beteen our houses. I don't need the spot, so I got no problem with them parking there even though its primarily in front of my house, but they have a piece of shit that has just leaked oil like a mfr. Then, a shitload of broken glass ended up in the street near that spot. Some dumbass just swept it right to the edge of the street and into the grass. So I just spent 20 minutes with the wet/dry vac sucking shards of glass out of my grass. Friggin morons
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Did anyone ever hear from Cycle?

Before the PM system I had some email contact with Andie J. For those who missed the conversation, she died about 2 years ago.

Yesterday I had a message from her email account with no typed message, just a link. Her account had not been closed down and was clearly hijacked, but it was very very unnerving.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:

Do you know whose dog it is? If not, I don't blame you at all for calling the authorities.

Re: broken glass - sometimes living out in the real world stinks. In the warmer weather, we get a decent amount of dog crap on our lawn because people are too lazy to clean up. My husband spends half of the night trying to catch people/dogs in the act.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know whose dog it is? If not, I don't blame you at all for calling the authorities.
Re: broken glass - sometimes living out in the real world stinks. In the warmer weather, we get a decent amount of dog crap on our lawn because people are too lazy to clean up. My husband spends half of the night trying to catch people/dogs in the act.
I had no idea whose dog it was. the 8 year old girl down the street was coming our way when I was cleaning he glass and I recommended she head back home. She was headed right for the dog. She thought it belonged to someone around the corner. Wife woke up, she thinks it belongs to the new neighbors.
Julie

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Before the PM system I had some email contact with Andie J. For those who missed the conversation, she died about 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. The last I remember, a few yrs ago, she said she was too busy w/tax season to post. I had no idea she was ill and died.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Wait for tomorrow- they are predicting an ice storm and I am not going out in that.
default plans for sunday include dinner at my parents, about 15-20 minutes away. our out is that hubby is on-call and doing project work (that [koff koff] can go awry). my mom mentioned that there's going to be "weather"... so, now, hubby and i are debating which unfortunate restaurant delivery guy's life we'll endanger...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Woo! Wine!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Just got an email promoting some "Clockwork Angels" tour. Anyone every heard of it?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Just got an email promoting some "Clockwork Angels" tour. Anyone every heard of it?
Do you mean does anyone know who is performing or are you asking for reviews?

That's Rush's current tour, named after their latest album. Haven't heard anything about it, though :)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean does anyone know who is performing or are you asking for reviews?
That's Rush's current tour, named after their latest album. Haven't heard anything about it, though :)
Shhh.. I was just messin with Race and Mimi

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,101 - 78,120 of97,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,077,876
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Learn to Read 174,411
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Terry rigsby 48,821
Abby 7-22 37 min Cass 5
Voice of God Weapon 38 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 54 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 54 min Straw Boss 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••