Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Assessment is the same. This ain't kindergarten. They don't have to make sure everyone gets the same amount of cookies. In fact, it would behoove them to give you the smallest number of cupcakes they can get you to agree to.
They have statutes for that.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Tonka, how did your kid do today?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Assessment is the same. This ain't kindergarten. They don't have to make sure everyone gets the same amount of cookies. In fact, it would behoove them to give you the smallest number of cupcakes they can get you to agree to.
I agree, but as sexist as this might sound, I think it makes a little more sense coming from a woman.

Aside, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one pondering these on a Friday night.
:)

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

So tonight I watched American Reunion (from Netflix) and did a load of laundry. Tomorrow morning, the Race for the Cure is being held a mere block from my building. I'm not running, but will meet friends for breakfast after the race. Gator basketball tomorrow night. Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
So tonight I watched American Reunion (from Netflix) and did a load of laundry. Tomorrow morning, the Race for the Cure is being held a mere block from my building. I'm not running, but will meet friends for breakfast after the race. Gator basketball tomorrow night. Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?
Yes! If nothing else, it should give you stories to entertain us with ;)

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! If nothing else, it should give you stories to entertain us with ;)
True.

I've had a couple of friends tell me to keep getting out there and trying. I live downtown for a reason. I *want* to go have fun. But I don't want to seem like I'm advertising something I'm not selling.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I'm watching Reality Bites right now. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time. Number one is The Blues Brothers.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>They have statutes for that.
???

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Tonka, how did your kid do today?
Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.

Came home with green and also got the star student medal of the week(or somethng like that) at his karate class. I asked him what that is for. Said for behavior. Inside I'm like WTF?!?! So you've been behaving at karate but not at home or school?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
So tonight I watched American Reunion
I just finished The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked it.
j_m_w wrote:
Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?
Is there a stor about last time that I missed? Entertain me.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm watching Reality Bites right now. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time. Number one is The Blues Brothers.
Funny. that's my 2nd favorite soundtrack too. And although I do love me some Blues Brothers, they ain't my number one. That honor goes to Singles, featuring, surprise surprise TWO pearl jam tracks. And I don't even think either of them is the best track on the album. I give that to Screaming Trees, Nearly Lost You.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. that's my 2nd favorite soundtrack too. And although I do love me some Blues Brothers, they ain't my number one. That honor goes to Singles, featuring, surprise surprise TWO pearl jam tracks. And I don't even think either of them is the best track on the album. I give that to Screaming Trees, Nearly Lost You.
That's my number 3 and I was just thinking that 1) I wish I was watching that movie instead and 2) I bet Tonka likes that soundtrack :)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.

Came home with green and also got the star student medal of the week(or somethng like that) at his karate class. I asked him what that is for. Said for behavior. Inside I'm like WTF?!?! So you've been behaving at karate but not at home or school?

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Is there a stor about last time that I missed? Entertain me.
It's not THAT entertaining... I went to watch the playoffs, this guy started talking to me, my friend L texted me that she was out with friends so we all met up. Ended up at this club that's really not my scene, got home at 3 am and had an emotional meltdown because I missed Jasper and my old life.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>???
Equal pay for equal work.

(It's a chick thing--snark)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/your-money/...

This is sort of on Tonka's collection company question- it is an article on disputing charges on your credit card.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.
Makes sense. He likes karate, holds his attention and keeps him busy and active.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Equal pay for equal work.
(It's a chick thing--snark)
Lets say I have 2 positions. They pay $50k. One person resigns and I have to fill the position. So I try to fill the position. But I am unable to find any quality candidates intererested at that rate. So I up the offer to $60k and fill the position. You gonna tell me that I am then obligated to raise the current employee, who happens to be female, to $60k?
Or what if the current rate is $60k and I have to male cuts and one person gets laid off. A few months down the line, I need to bring someone back in, but I can no longer offer $60k. So I am offering $50k. You saying I can't do that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,455
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Brian_G 45,909
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 1 hr sheepleloveroyalty 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,075
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,084,463
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 175,239
Why We will Go to War with Russia 3 hr SnuffAGlobalist 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••