Comments
78,061 - 78,080 of 97,948 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79108 Jan 25, 2013
I'm watching Reality Bites right now. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time. Number one is The Blues Brothers.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79110 Jan 25, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>They have statutes for that.
???

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79111 Jan 25, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Tonka, how did your kid do today?
Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.

Came home with green and also got the star student medal of the week(or somethng like that) at his karate class. I asked him what that is for. Said for behavior. Inside I'm like WTF?!?! So you've been behaving at karate but not at home or school?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79112 Jan 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So tonight I watched American Reunion
I just finished The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked it.
j_m_w wrote:
Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?
Is there a stor about last time that I missed? Entertain me.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79113 Jan 25, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm watching Reality Bites right now. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time. Number one is The Blues Brothers.
Funny. that's my 2nd favorite soundtrack too. And although I do love me some Blues Brothers, they ain't my number one. That honor goes to Singles, featuring, surprise surprise TWO pearl jam tracks. And I don't even think either of them is the best track on the album. I give that to Screaming Trees, Nearly Lost You.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79114 Jan 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. that's my 2nd favorite soundtrack too. And although I do love me some Blues Brothers, they ain't my number one. That honor goes to Singles, featuring, surprise surprise TWO pearl jam tracks. And I don't even think either of them is the best track on the album. I give that to Screaming Trees, Nearly Lost You.
That's my number 3 and I was just thinking that 1) I wish I was watching that movie instead and 2) I bet Tonka likes that soundtrack :)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79115 Jan 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.

Came home with green and also got the star student medal of the week(or somethng like that) at his karate class. I asked him what that is for. Said for behavior. Inside I'm like WTF?!?! So you've been behaving at karate but not at home or school?
:)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79116 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Is there a stor about last time that I missed? Entertain me.
It's not THAT entertaining... I went to watch the playoffs, this guy started talking to me, my friend L texted me that she was out with friends so we all met up. Ended up at this club that's really not my scene, got home at 3 am and had an emotional meltdown because I missed Jasper and my old life.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79117 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79118 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>???
Equal pay for equal work.

(It's a chick thing--snark)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79119 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79120 Jan 26, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/your-money/...

This is sort of on Tonka's collection company question- it is an article on disputing charges on your credit card.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79121 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.
Makes sense. He likes karate, holds his attention and keeps him busy and active.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79122 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Equal pay for equal work.
(It's a chick thing--snark)
Lets say I have 2 positions. They pay $50k. One person resigns and I have to fill the position. So I try to fill the position. But I am unable to find any quality candidates intererested at that rate. So I up the offer to $60k and fill the position. You gonna tell me that I am then obligated to raise the current employee, who happens to be female, to $60k?
Or what if the current rate is $60k and I have to male cuts and one person gets laid off. A few months down the line, I need to bring someone back in, but I can no longer offer $60k. So I am offering $50k. You saying I can't do that?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79123 Jan 26, 2013
Not exactly, the equal pay takes in more factors. Like length of employment and performance increases.

In a well-run company, even small ones there should be a planned pay scale for every job, including education and previous experience. Most big ones have that. Not to say that females are always equally paid in those also. Unfortunately, this happens quite a bit.

In your first scenario the female should be given raises in time to bring her at least close to the new hire rate, also depending on job performance.
In your second you would have a hard time justifying to the feds if the new hire was a female and the current employee was a male, and the jobs and education, etc. were identical.

It's not all that specific. There's a lot that would be taken into consideration to determine if this was a violation.

The reason these rules went into effect was that there were significant differences in pay for equal jobs. And I do mean equal. There are similar jobs but with differences in duties that would come into play.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79124 Jan 26, 2013
The most recent studies show that when you factor in all so called no discriminatory reason why pay disparities exist, there is a 7% pay difference. The problem is, even that doesn't fully take into account how things play out.

You can have a woman, who worked for 4 years, got prego, went out of the workforce for 5 years, who then decides to join the workforce again and was recently a new hire at a company and she likely isn't going to be making the same as some guy who has worked for four years doing the same job as her , for that company. Feminazi's would say ... But they both have 4 years experience and do the same job. Yet he's making more than her ... That company hates women ... We are persecuted ... The world is out to get us ... Whaaaaaa ... Whaaaaaasaa.

You'll never make them happy. Heck they'd rather have men die in combat just so women can get promoted in the military. No way in the world would I want to serve on the frontline with women in combat. What if you get ambushed and have to engage in hand to hand combat against enemies who are men. Furthermore, the physical standards are lower for women then men. You are going to have soldiers serving on the frontline who can't carry as much gear and ammo ... Can't keep up the pace while being dragged down with 90 pounds of gear, who would get their as$es kicked in the event of hand to hand combat ... And men will die ... Just so some woman can make 4 star general.

If they are so equal, they should form all woman's combat units and send them into say a Vietnam setting and compare the death rates to all men combat units. Anyone who thinks two such units would perform equally in terms of ground covered, enemy kills, and soldier deaths, should have their head examined.

Women can do just about everything a man can do, but not when it comes to combat. Dumb policy to appease dumb femanazis and men will die because of it.

Location hidden

#79125 Jan 26, 2013
Furthermore a platoon leader with a man soldier who is too slow on the pace and dragging the whole platoon down can get on the guys as$ and say come on candy as$... pick up the f'ing pace ... chop, chop ... We've got a mission objective to accomplish ... And your candy as$ is slowing us down.

Do that to a woman, who physically just cannot match a mans endurance and pace and she's going to be in tears or worse complaining to superiors that you've created a hostile work environment ... Are always picking on her ... And my gosh called her a candy as$.

When people's sons start coming home in body bags, because of this arrangement ... Things still won't change. That's the price of an all powerful woman's movement ... Who like many liberal causes, knows no reasonable limits.

Next they will probably sue the NFL for not lowering standards just so that we have woman football players ... The argument being if you can't play football as a woman you are at a disadvantage when it comes to being hired as an NFL coach ... And we need to have a completely level playing field.

Location hidden

#79126 Jan 26, 2013
Shyte ... Go on a road trip with a woman and see how many bathroom breaks she needs to take, compared to you. I think I'd wanna throw a woman over a cliff if in Afghanistan every couple of hours she was like "excuse me the whole platoon has to stop and wait for me cause ... I gotta go find a bush to tinkle on.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79127 Jan 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Shyte ... Go on a road trip with a woman and see how many bathroom breaks she needs to take, compared to you. I think I'd wanna throw a woman over a cliff if in Afghanistan every couple of hours she was like "excuse me the whole platoon has to stop and wait for me cause ... I gotta go find a bush to tinkle on.
Made me think about that NASA enginer who drove from TX to FL to shoot/assault/? her astronaut lover's other girfriend or wife. She wore astronaut diapers that let her go 18 hours without stopping.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79128 Jan 26, 2013
You guys are making my head hurt. It's Saturday! I've been day drinking mimosas!(Because of Race for the Cure... I don't day drink unless it's for an occasion or if I'm on vacation). And made dinner plans with friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,101,016
Wechat users share ur id for world wide friends... 6 min Ryan_cool 1
chief keef 21 min y 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Gay be gone 49,449
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 25 min deutscher Nationa... 52
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min loose cannon 177,469
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago