Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79126 Jan 26, 2013
Shyte ... Go on a road trip with a woman and see how many bathroom breaks she needs to take, compared to you. I think I'd wanna throw a woman over a cliff if in Afghanistan every couple of hours she was like "excuse me the whole platoon has to stop and wait for me cause ... I gotta go find a bush to tinkle on.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79127 Jan 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Shyte ... Go on a road trip with a woman and see how many bathroom breaks she needs to take, compared to you. I think I'd wanna throw a woman over a cliff if in Afghanistan every couple of hours she was like "excuse me the whole platoon has to stop and wait for me cause ... I gotta go find a bush to tinkle on.
Made me think about that NASA enginer who drove from TX to FL to shoot/assault/? her astronaut lover's other girfriend or wife. She wore astronaut diapers that let her go 18 hours without stopping.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79128 Jan 26, 2013
You guys are making my head hurt. It's Saturday! I've been day drinking mimosas!(Because of Race for the Cure... I don't day drink unless it's for an occasion or if I'm on vacation). And made dinner plans with friends!

Location hidden

#79129 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Made me think about that NASA enginer who drove from TX to FL to shoot/assault/? her astronaut lover's other girfriend or wife. She wore astronaut diapers that let her go 18 hours without stopping.
Maybe you are onto something, P. Maybe we could form a company and get a government contract, lol.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79130 Jan 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
You guys are making my head hurt. It's Saturday! I've been day drinking mimosas!(Because of Race for the Cure... I don't day drink unless it's for an occasion or if I'm on vacation). And made dinner plans with friends!
I think my sister's running in that, unless there's some other charity race this weekend.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79131 Jan 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are onto something, P. Maybe we could form a company and get a government contract, lol.
Know any good lawyers?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79132 Jan 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Wait for tomorrow- they are predicting an ice storm and I am not going out in that.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79133 Jan 26, 2013
As long as women can meet the same standards the men can (ie, agility, stamina, strength- can carry an injured comrade off the battle field,) I see no reason they shouldn't be allowed to fight on the front lines. We already have women in combat roles, pilots, gunners, etc. There are only two problems with them being on the battlefield for weeks, months at a time: that time of the month, and pregnancies. But if a woman wants to stand a post so a man doesn't have to, more power to them.

Location hidden

#79134 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Know any good lawyers?
Not any "good" ones! Ha!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79135 Jan 26, 2013
Here's something that pzzed me off this morning. A HOA can hire their own rent-a-cops that can detain drivers and issue tickets, even if the person is not a member of the community. Upheld by the Illinois supreme court, this is a slippery slope that can lead to a whole host of problems. I can't agree with this at all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-m...

Location hidden

#79136 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
As long as women can meet the same standards the men can (ie, agility, stamina, strength- can carry an injured comrade off the battle field,) I see no reason they shouldn't be allowed to fight on the front lines. We already have women in combat roles, pilots, gunners, etc. There are only two problems with them being on the battlefield for weeks, months at a time: that time of the month, and pregnancies. But if a woman wants to stand a post so a man doesn't have to, more power to them.
Even if they can meet "minimum" standards it still doesn't mean they are equal.

Lets say you have 100 men and 100 women, who can do 5 pull ups. Are you telling me that a women who weight 130 pounds on average and can do 5 pull ups are equal in strength to men who on average weight 180 pounds and can do 5 pull ups? Are you telling me each are equally fit for combat? And while you can say not men all weigh the same ... This phenomena is far more pronounced between genders.

What happens if in the field you get into a situation of close combat and if it comes down to hand to hand fighting ... Who do you as a man want to be fighting with on your side ... 5 men who weigh on average 180 pounds and can do 5 pull ups or 5 women who weigh 130 pounds and can do 5 pull ups? You would have to be out of your f'ing mind to put your life in the hands of 5 130 pound women. It's a no brainier.

Even with that issue to the side lets say you have these same two groups of 100. How many of those men out of that 100 can do 25% more than the minimum requirements. How many women of that 100 can do 25% more than the minimum requirements. What about 50% more than the minimum? What about 75%? What about double the minimum. I can guarantee you when you break it down as a percentage you'll have more men who can exceed these minimal thresholds.

Sorry dude, if I'm risking my life or my boys are risking theirs when they become men, I'm not too keen on serving in the front lines with women. It will cost lives ...

It's also not like we have a shortage of men willing to fight. There's no need for it. It's just to appease a few women who care more about moving up the ladder than they care about their fellow soldiers' lives.

Also are they really going to be treated the same? Are they going to carry the same weight? Even if they carry the same weight is that weight the same material or is some of that weight specific to women and their needs, like famine napkins and wetnaps or even diapers ... so women can be sanitary in the field. Sorry, between a woman carrying that shyte and a man carrying ammo and food that may help the entire platoon should shyte go haywire ... I'll take the man. If you are low on food or ammo and she's carrying feminine napkins, wetnaps, and diapers she may as well be carrying rocks.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79137 Jan 26, 2013
Think of it this way, let's let all the women and gays in the military that we can. Then when Revolution II breaks out, those are the people we'll be fighting against. The gays will be throwing their rainbows and the women will be squatting in the bushes menstruating. Should be an easy victory!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79138 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Easy to address: there are pills which suppress mnstration. Declare pregnancy an automatic ineligibility for combat. 25 years ago you peed in a cup and watche whetehr the strip turned pink or blue in what 20 minutes?. Like I said , easy.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79139 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Here's something that pzzed me off this morning. A HOA can hire their own rent-a-cops that can detain drivers and issue tickets, even if the person is not a member of the community. Upheld by the Illinois supreme court, this is a slippery slope that can lead to a whole host of problems. I can't agree with this at all.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-m...
Don'r believe everything you read in the paper.

The court decision opens with the words "Poris,Plaintiff, a member of the Lake Holiday Property Association...".*

He owed property in te evelopment, had signed the HOA agreement and was speeding within the gated community. I have no sympathy for him nor do I think it is the beginnig of a slippery slope.

To the extent that it might also allow a mall cop to ticket soemone in teh mall parking lot, I also don't have much of a problem with it.

* you can read it yourself by going to the Illinois State Supreme Court website and looking under Opinions, just like I did. Horse's mouth and all that.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79140 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Think of it this way, let's let all the women and gays in the military that we can. Then when Revolution II breaks out, those are the people we'll be fighting against. The gays will be throwing their rainbows and the women will be squatting in the bushes menstruating. Should be an easy victory!
Although I do agree with your previous post re women in combat and the HOA cops, you guys sure know how to stretch a rock.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79141 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Never, never underestimate an opponent.

Location hidden

#79142 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to address: there are pills which suppress mnstration. Declare pregnancy an automatic ineligibility for combat. 25 years ago you peed in a cup and watche whetehr the strip turned pink or blue in what 20 minutes?. Like I said , easy.
What if you are out in the field, behind enemy lines and the woman didn't know she was pregnant and suddenly starts having morning sickness.

Once again ... men will be put at risk ... and mission objectives will be compromised.

Location hidden

#79143 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Lol

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79144 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
He owed property in te evelopment, had signed the HOA agreement and was speeding within the gated community. I have no sympathy for him nor do I think it is the beginnig of a slippery slope.
How many more Trevon Martin cases are we gonna see unfold because of this before people realize this isn't a good idea?

And I'm ok with a mall cop writing you a parking ticket on *mall* property, but he cannot detain you. And a gated roadway is one thing, but what about a public roadway in an HOA community?
Javier

Chicago, IL

#79146 Jan 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How many more Trevon Martin cases are we gonna see unfold because of this before people realize this isn't a good idea?
And I'm ok with a mall cop writing you a parking ticket on *mall* property, but he cannot detain you. And a gated roadway is one thing, but what about a public roadway in an HOA community?
But that was not the point of the decision.

Zimmerman was a self appointed neighborhood watch person.

The HOA cop was an employee of a company which had been hired by the HOA to do precisely what he did, something to which the driver had agreed in advance, in writing. Significant differences there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,141,576
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min DrT 48,378
This guy is GOD to Piano Legs & the Malignant M... 14 min Bilbo Alinsky 13
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 18 min StillfuckingWorth... 12
comparison 57 min FROM WWII 2 NOW 4
Obama Plays Boss of America...............excel... 1 hr The Author 2
Amy 11-22 2 hr Mister Tonka 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr jacques Ottawa 180,613
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:50 pm PST

NBC Sports12:50PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move