Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79102 Jan 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Assessment is the same. This ain't kindergarten. They don't have to make sure everyone gets the same amount of cookies. In fact, it would behoove them to give you the smallest number of cupcakes they can get you to agree to.
They have statutes for that.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79103 Jan 25, 2013
Tonka, how did your kid do today?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79104 Jan 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Assessment is the same. This ain't kindergarten. They don't have to make sure everyone gets the same amount of cookies. In fact, it would behoove them to give you the smallest number of cupcakes they can get you to agree to.
I agree, but as sexist as this might sound, I think it makes a little more sense coming from a woman.

Aside, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one pondering these on a Friday night.
:)

West Palm Beach, FL

#79105 Jan 25, 2013
So tonight I watched American Reunion (from Netflix) and did a load of laundry. Tomorrow morning, the Race for the Cure is being held a mere block from my building. I'm not running, but will meet friends for breakfast after the race. Gator basketball tomorrow night. Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79106 Jan 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So tonight I watched American Reunion (from Netflix) and did a load of laundry. Tomorrow morning, the Race for the Cure is being held a mere block from my building. I'm not running, but will meet friends for breakfast after the race. Gator basketball tomorrow night. Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?
Yes! If nothing else, it should give you stories to entertain us with ;)

West Palm Beach, FL

#79107 Jan 25, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! If nothing else, it should give you stories to entertain us with ;)
True.

I've had a couple of friends tell me to keep getting out there and trying. I live downtown for a reason. I *want* to go have fun. But I don't want to seem like I'm advertising something I'm not selling.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79108 Jan 25, 2013
I'm watching Reality Bites right now. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time. Number one is The Blues Brothers.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79110 Jan 25, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>They have statutes for that.
???

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79111 Jan 25, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Tonka, how did your kid do today?
Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.

Came home with green and also got the star student medal of the week(or somethng like that) at his karate class. I asked him what that is for. Said for behavior. Inside I'm like WTF?!?! So you've been behaving at karate but not at home or school?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79112 Jan 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So tonight I watched American Reunion
I just finished The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked it.
j_m_w wrote:
Am I brave/stupid enough to go to a sports bar by myself again?
Is there a stor about last time that I missed? Entertain me.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79113 Jan 25, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm watching Reality Bites right now. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time. Number one is The Blues Brothers.
Funny. that's my 2nd favorite soundtrack too. And although I do love me some Blues Brothers, they ain't my number one. That honor goes to Singles, featuring, surprise surprise TWO pearl jam tracks. And I don't even think either of them is the best track on the album. I give that to Screaming Trees, Nearly Lost You.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79114 Jan 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. that's my 2nd favorite soundtrack too. And although I do love me some Blues Brothers, they ain't my number one. That honor goes to Singles, featuring, surprise surprise TWO pearl jam tracks. And I don't even think either of them is the best track on the album. I give that to Screaming Trees, Nearly Lost You.
That's my number 3 and I was just thinking that 1) I wish I was watching that movie instead and 2) I bet Tonka likes that soundtrack :)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79115 Jan 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.

Came home with green and also got the star student medal of the week(or somethng like that) at his karate class. I asked him what that is for. Said for behavior. Inside I'm like WTF?!?! So you've been behaving at karate but not at home or school?

West Palm Beach, FL

#79116 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Is there a stor about last time that I missed? Entertain me.
It's not THAT entertaining... I went to watch the playoffs, this guy started talking to me, my friend L texted me that she was out with friends so we all met up. Ended up at this club that's really not my scene, got home at 3 am and had an emotional meltdown because I missed Jasper and my old life.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79117 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79118 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>???
Equal pay for equal work.

(It's a chick thing--snark)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79119 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79120 Jan 26, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/your-money/...

This is sort of on Tonka's collection company question- it is an article on disputing charges on your credit card.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79121 Jan 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher started him on that behavioral action plan, but we don't have the details yet. She's been playing voicemail tag with my wife. But today was double dose of good news.
Makes sense. He likes karate, holds his attention and keeps him busy and active.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79122 Jan 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Equal pay for equal work.
(It's a chick thing--snark)
Lets say I have 2 positions. They pay $50k. One person resigns and I have to fill the position. So I try to fill the position. But I am unable to find any quality candidates intererested at that rate. So I up the offer to $60k and fill the position. You gonna tell me that I am then obligated to raise the current employee, who happens to be female, to $60k?
Or what if the current rate is $60k and I have to male cuts and one person gets laid off. A few months down the line, I need to bring someone back in, but I can no longer offer $60k. So I am offering $50k. You saying I can't do that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min VetnorsGate 1,434,147
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min Susanm 9,564
Pray for civilians in Syria 39 min Readstoomuch 1
How Many Older Fathers Can You Name? 43 min Readstoomuch 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Jacques in Ottawa 225,579
News LOL! Chicago Tribune tells its readers to vote ... 52 min Oliver 7
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 3,214

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages