|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
I am amazed this is news to you!
<quoted text>
Face it babe...not everyone is as into RUSH as you and I. I don't understand it, but they're not. <sigh>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Kid Rock is touring with Bob Seger, at least they're coming here together. I wouldn't mind seeing Kid Rock, but Seger? Retire, dood!
Hah! The guy who is the promoter for (i think) the reading Music Festival in England, put on a show here in Orlando a couple years ago. Trid to get acts that he thought were relevant to the audience. Kid Rock was on the bill. So was Bob Seger. But Bob Seger was the festival HEADLINER.

WTF?!?

I love me some bob Seger. And I would enjoy seeing him. But Bob Seger's days as a headliner are long gone.

That festival tanked by the way. Think they sold like 20k tix and were shooting for like 50 - 60.

The lineup was not terrible, but when Bob Seger is your headliner, people tend to not bother with checking the rest of the lineup.

http://lineup.orlandocalling.com/

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Kid Rock is touring with Bob Seger, at least they're coming here together. I wouldn't mind seeing Kid Rock, but Seger? Retire, dood!
J wants to see Seger. I'd go for the people watching.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Leaves more for the rest of us!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it babe...not everyone is as into RUSH as you and I. I don't understand it, but they're not. <sigh>
Sam I Am

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Pearl Jam Tops the list of bands I'd like to see, but since I've seen them already, top bands that I've never seen that I'd like to see:
U2
Bon Jovi
RHCP
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Tom Petty
Tristan Prettyman
I have seen all but the last two. I looove the Foo, U2 was very good in part because the concert was at Soldier Field.
Sam I Am

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Matilda,

Something else that could be an excuse for you to come up here: Baconfest!! April 20 at UIC. Bacon served in every possible form. I will be escalating my workouts the week before and the week after to compensate, but a few of my friends went last year and they said it was totally worth it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen all but the last two. I looove the Foo, U2 was very good in part because the concert was at Soldier Field.
This summer? I was there.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

If I want to hear Seger's hits, I'll turn ont he "classic rock" station at any given moment on any given day and there's a good probability he'll be on.

I would like to see ZZ top, because whiel I *loathe* what I've heard on the radio, blues fans tell me that their music really is more bluesy than their hits would indicate and that their live shows are great.
Sam I Am

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
This summer? I was there.
No, 2011.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
If I want to hear Seger's hits, I'll turn ont he "classic rock" station at any given moment on any given day and there's a good probability he'll be on.
I would like to see ZZ top, because whiel I *loathe* what I've heard on the radio, blues fans tell me that their music really is more bluesy than their hits would indicate and that their live shows are great.
We saw ZZ Top a few years ago, and yeah, they were pretty good. Played like they still enjoyed what they do. And I didn't really appreciate their talent until hearing them live.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We saw ZZ Top a few years ago, and yeah, they were pretty good. Played like they still enjoyed what they do. And I didn't really appreciate their talent until hearing them live.
Do you watch Bones? "Angela" on the show, her dad is portrayed by one of the ZZ Top guys and when he's on, it's always a good episode.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Heh by the way, the coworker I briefly dated?(We're now very close friends, he's my closest guy friend.) He's got a new girlfriend and I'm thrilled for him. And her name is Angela Marie! HA!! He thiks it's funny as well!:D

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Question for the in house legal team[Sublime].

I just recieved a voice mail from a collection agency. The woman did not ask for me by name, but made it seem like it was a very importan matter and I needed to get back with her ASAP adding that this was an attempt to collect a debt.

To my knowledge, I have no outstanding debts. I looked up the name of the company online and as one would expect, I saw a few stories of rude and heavy handed tactics and threats as well as one person who said they were looking for someone else and accused him of lying about who he was. They ended the call demanding that the dude inform whoever they were looking for to call them, still acting like he was lying about them having the wrong guy.

From a legal standpoint, do I have any reason to even inquire as to what this is about or if they are even calling for me? Or can I safely ignore this and wait for notification in writing if there is indeed some legitimate debt they are trying to collect from me?

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I just recieved a voice mail from a collection agency. The woman did not ask for me by name, but made it seem like it was a very importan matter and I needed to get back with her ASAP adding that this was an attempt to collect a debt.
To my knowledge, I have no outstanding debts. I looked up the name of the company online and as one would expect, I saw a few stories of rude and heavy handed tactics and threats as well as one person who said they were looking for someone else and accused him of lying about who he was. They ended the call demanding that the dude inform whoever they were looking for to call them, still acting like he was lying about them having the wrong guy.
From a legal standpoint, do I have any reason to even inquire as to what this is about or if they are even calling for me? Or can I safely ignore this and wait for notification in writing if there is indeed some legitimate debt they are trying to collect from me?
I'm not Sub, but I'd ignore the hell out of that.

When I first started working at this company, I replaced a girl who happens to have the same first name as me. So when I'd answer the phone with my name, I got a lot of people launching into their collection spiels for this other girl and I'd have to interrupt them and say I'm not her, she doesn't work here anymore, etc. So annoying, and I'm sure most of the collections agents thought I WAS her and was lying. But after awhile it finally stopped happening.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first started working at this company, I replaced a girl who happens to have the same first name as me. So when I'd answer the phone with my name, I got a lot of people launching into their collection spiels for this other girl and I'd have to interrupt them and say I'm not her, she doesn't work here anymore, etc. So annoying, and I'm sure most of the collections agents thought I WAS her and was lying. But after awhile it finally stopped happening.
Yeah. I'm leaning that way. I've been reading more stories about some of the crap they tried pulling. One person said they claimed to have an $8k debt to collect(but would take $3k). Person telling the story said she'd never had any debts in her life that high.

Agency not provide the name of the ofiginal creditor or any other info. Claimed that Chase bought the debt from someone else and she had been notified by the original creditor. But they slipped up and told her the date was 2003. She said that that was past her state's statue of limitations on debt collection, so that's another reason she ain't paying and they tried to threaten her with an $8K 1099 that year. Never followed thru.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

THIS!!!
I aint Sub either, but I suggest you do nothing to give them any hint that they even reached a real person. They dont care if you are the right person or not. For months, I had a collection company leaving msgs for someone who was not me. This has happened a couple of times. The first time I was an idiot and called back to explain their error, and was deluged with all kinds of crap if I did not pay up! Now, I just delete it and go about my day.
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I'm fighting Great Lakes something or other because they're coming after me for $18K student loan debt that isn't mine. Letters threatening collections. Because I know they're a legitimate agency, I'm talking to them every time I get something and emailing them. I'm staying on top of it.

But in your situation? Yeah, ignore. I've heard of these companies going after completely innocent people, just figuring that X% will pay up.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
WEll, I'm not your lawyer and to be honest I probably know just as much as you do, when it comes to what is legal or isn't legal.

Personally, I would call them back and tell them they have the wrong person (which is possible ... had someone call me onetime trying to collect a debt that wasn't for me and that is what I did ... they left me alone after that), so that they don't keep bothering you. Then if they are jerks to you, you can tell them to f' off. I don't *think* you have any obligation to call them, however.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

WEll, after reading the experience of you guys and gals, maybe they left me alone because I told them I was a lawyer. It never impressed me, but it seems to impress some folks.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

When I was pondering whether or not to call them back, an idea popped into my head. I have heard that call centers do not like being recorded and I have read that they often times will end the call if they find out they are being recorded, so I was going to use my phone's voice recorder and let them know at the start of the call that it may be recorded for quality assurance.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,981 - 78,000 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Death 1,073,228
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 1 hr Harold B Alls 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,779
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 5 hr Tgloaded 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE