“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79004 Jan 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dear god help me. I have Katy Perry's "Firework" stuck in my head.
HA! That happened to me last week when the kids watched Madagascar 3.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79005 Jan 23, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so excited. What are your thoughts on Eddie Vedder's solo stuff, like from Into the Wild, etc.? And my favorite song by PJ is Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town. If I could recommend one song, that would be it. The live version is spectacular.
Other than Queen, who would be your favorite group/person to see in concert?
If I lived in Chicago, I'd be jealous.

As far as his solo stuff, I'd spend money to listen to him read the phone book through a McDonald's drive thru speaker.

Though Eddie creates a different set list each night before the show, Elderly Woman seems to be a pretty high probability staple. Last fall, I saw the group in Atlanta and him solo in Orlando and he played it at both shows and its also on the majority of the live albums I have.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79006 Jan 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
PJ also had a rockin' more metal song that had an animated video to go with it, I remember it had to do with computers taking over humans and the world. Loved that song,but never tracked the title or anything. Tonka probably knows what I"m talking about.
Do The Evolution

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79007 Jan 23, 2013
Pearl Jam Tops the list of bands I'd like to see, but since I've seen them already, top bands that I've never seen that I'd like to see:

U2
Bon Jovi
RHCP
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Tom Petty
Tristan Prettyman

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79008 Jan 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do The Evolution
Thanks! I just bought it on iTunes! My best friend is a huge pj fan ill have to ask her to copy some CDs for me.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79009 Jan 24, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79010 Jan 24, 2013
Ha!
My friend was down for a weekend and he was like "Remember when we went to see U2 and..." I was like "Dude, are you sure it was me?" Swore up and down I went, but I guess I just never wrote the experience to disk.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Pearl Jam Tops the list of bands I'd like to see, but since I've seen them already, top bands that I've never seen that I'd like to see:
U2
Bon Jovi
RHCP
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Tom Petty
Tristan Prettyman

Location hidden

#79011 Jan 24, 2013
Race and Mimi: This morning's "Random Vinyl" was from Rush's debut 1974 album. as I listened, I thought "Wow, these lyrics aren't the usual brilliance I'm used to from Rush." Turns out, that first album, they had a different drummers and the songs on that album are very different (about relationships) than subsequent Neil Peart-written songs (songs about individualism, existentialism, etc.).

But it was good!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79012 Jan 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
U2
Bon Jovi
RHCP
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Tom Petty
Tristan Prettyman
Kid Rock is coming here in March or so and I'm on the fence about going. I'm more of a fan of his early stuff than his country-ish stuff.

Location hidden

#79013 Jan 24, 2013
Kid Rock is touring with Bob Seger, at least they're coming here together. I wouldn't mind seeing Kid Rock, but Seger? Retire, dood!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79014 Jan 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
U2
Bon Jovi
RHCP
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Tom Petty
Tristan Prettyman
U2 was awesome in concert.

Neda, stay with me!

#79015 Jan 24, 2013
I am amazed this is news to you!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Race and Mimi: This morning's "Random Vinyl" was from Rush's debut 1974 album. as I listened, I thought "Wow, these lyrics aren't the usual brilliance I'm used to from Rush." Turns out, that first album, they had a different drummers and the songs on that album are very different (about relationships) than subsequent Neil Peart-written songs (songs about individualism, existentialism, etc.).
But it was good!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79016 Jan 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But it was good!
Yeah after that album John Rutsey left the band (medical issues) and they went on a search for a new drummer...found Neil Peart...realized he was a lyrics savant, and the rest is history. Interestingly Geddy and Alex STILL call Neil "the new guy." LOL

I love that album, but it seriously sounds like it's from that time period. Definitely like "every other band" from the early 70s. Still, it's THE album that introduced me to them and made me fall into a mad love with them that survives almost 40 years later. <nod nod>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79017 Jan 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
I am amazed this is news to you!
<quoted text>
Face it babe...not everyone is as into RUSH as you and I. I don't understand it, but they're not. <sigh>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79018 Jan 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Kid Rock is touring with Bob Seger, at least they're coming here together. I wouldn't mind seeing Kid Rock, but Seger? Retire, dood!
Hah! The guy who is the promoter for (i think) the reading Music Festival in England, put on a show here in Orlando a couple years ago. Trid to get acts that he thought were relevant to the audience. Kid Rock was on the bill. So was Bob Seger. But Bob Seger was the festival HEADLINER.

WTF?!?

I love me some bob Seger. And I would enjoy seeing him. But Bob Seger's days as a headliner are long gone.

That festival tanked by the way. Think they sold like 20k tix and were shooting for like 50 - 60.

The lineup was not terrible, but when Bob Seger is your headliner, people tend to not bother with checking the rest of the lineup.

http://lineup.orlandocalling.com/

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79019 Jan 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
J wants to see Seger. I'd go for the people watching.

Neda, stay with me!

#79020 Jan 24, 2013
Leaves more for the rest of us!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it babe...not everyone is as into RUSH as you and I. I don't understand it, but they're not. <sigh>
Sam I Am

Chicago, IL

#79021 Jan 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
U2
Bon Jovi
RHCP
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Tom Petty
Tristan Prettyman
I have seen all but the last two. I looove the Foo, U2 was very good in part because the concert was at Soldier Field.
Sam I Am

Chicago, IL

#79022 Jan 24, 2013
Matilda,

Something else that could be an excuse for you to come up here: Baconfest!! April 20 at UIC. Bacon served in every possible form. I will be escalating my workouts the week before and the week after to compensate, but a few of my friends went last year and they said it was totally worth it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79023 Jan 24, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen all but the last two. I looove the Foo, U2 was very good in part because the concert was at Soldier Field.
This summer? I was there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min fetch almighty 1,125,439
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min JOEL 70,024
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 36 min no one 42
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Hot coed babe 47,487
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 179,284
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 50,603
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 2 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]