|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing if you read my whole post. The show is set in the '80's. The current WTC didn't exist. The twin towers did.
And I think the worry about a survivor's child is irrelevant. Millions of people have been killed in numerous horrible ways that are shown on TV and in movies every day. What happened at the Twin Towers was horrific, but you do it a disservice, I believe, if you scrub/ignore it.
I DID read your whole post and it did not make any sense to me. I interpret "scrubbing" as "editing out".

You said: "it is set in NYC in the '80's, and they are scrubbing the footage of the Twin Towers"

If it is being filmed today, then there is no footage of the twin towers to scrub/edit out. What exactly do you think I did not read?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
But I think what we're saying is that they'd use old footage of the skyline, etc.
Ahh...old footage.

Ok. I get that. Yeah, that's dumb and un-necessary. Seems to me it would make things less authentic.

Additionally, you know how many pizza joints would have to paint over the mural on the wall in the dining area if everyone just started weeping at the site of the twin towers?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, by the way, Nick must have said “meme” in front of others, because he used the word again this past weekend and said it correctly.
Haha! Validation for you.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I DID read your whole post and it did not make any sense to me. I interpret "scrubbing" as "editing out".
You said: "it is set in NYC in the '80's, and they are scrubbing the footage of the Twin Towers"
If it is being filmed today, then there is no footage of the twin towers to scrub/edit out. What exactly do you think I did not read?
Really? That's you're point? So either you're obtuse or just being argumentative. The point of my post (that everyone else managed to get) was that the show is set in the '80's and they're intentionally omitting the Twin Towers from shots that would have included the Twin Towers at that time. You're picking nits.

Don't be a Mutt, you're better than that.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with you...
I think Tonka's point about filming is that if they are filming now, there's no way to get current footage of the towers anyway. But I think what we're saying is that they'd use old footage of the skyline, etc.
Did you see the movie Gangs of New York? At the end of the movie, they show a montage of the skyline over the years and you can see the towers come and go. Sure, it's emotional, but it's REAL. It happened.
I have seen that movie, and apparently I did not make it to the montage. I do have it at home on DVD, I will be checking that out tonight.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen that movie, and apparently I did not make it to the montage. I do have it at home on DVD, I will be checking that out tonight.
I didn't see the movie, but this montage sounds interesting!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's you're point? So either you're obtuse or just being argumentative. The point of my post (that everyone else managed to get) was that the show is set in the '80's and they're intentionally omitting the Twin Towers from shots that would have included the Twin Towers at that time. You're picking nits.
Hey, I understood tonka's question and it's obviously beyond you. If the show is filmed today, then the current WTC Memorial tower would have to be "scrubbed" because it didn't exist in the 80s. What you "meant" to say was, the Twin Towers should have been digitally ADDED. Don't try to blame your screw up on someone else's reading comprehension.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
So, uh Tonka, I just gotta ask, are you still Sam's number one biggest fan? I remember when something along those lines was in your headline, when she first came on and started tangling with me.

I told myself at the time, that's not gonna last very long. I knew once I put the verbal smack down on her a few times, she was going to move onto someone else ... and she has ... she's moved onto every male who posts on here!

She gets along well with the ladies, tho. I'll give her credit for that. She wants to get in their panties, I think.

<pokes Sam with a stick>
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I understood tonka's question and it's obviously beyond you. If the show is filmed today, then the current WTC Memorial tower would have to be "scrubbed" because it didn't exist in the 80s. What you "meant" to say was, the Twin Towers should have been digitally ADDED. Don't try to blame your screw up on someone else's reading comprehension.
TSTI.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Way to crank up the bitch meter for nothin. Sorry I'm not well versed in how films are made. Archive footage never crossed my mind.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Way to crank up the bitch meter for nothin. Sorry I'm not well versed in how films are made. Archive footage never crossed my mind.
Then you must have really been baffled by I Robot and how they got those "from the future" depictions of Chicago....

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>Then you must have really been baffled by I Robot and how they got those "from the future" depictions of Chicago....
Why are you being so nasty? Your first post was confusing. If you had said that they were omitting any references to the twin towers, I would have understood what you meant. Instead you used the word scrubbed, which I took the same way Tonka did.

Don't get so defensive just because your post needed a follow up for clarification.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you being so nasty? Your first post was confusing. If you had said that they were omitting any references to the twin towers, I would have understood what you meant. Instead you used the word scrubbed, which I took the same way Tonka did.
Don't get so defensive just because your post needed a follow up for clarification.
She didn't get a chance to fight with edog today so much. That must be it.:D

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sammies on everyone's sheit list today!

Warms my heart when she proves herself to be a spiteful self centered beyotch.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

<sam sticks fingers in her ears>
MY KITTY!
MY KITTY!
MY KITTY!
MY KITTY!
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

So... a guy drove his family in their SUV over a weak part of the ice this weekend and his 9 month old baby died today from being in the water for five minutes.(Driving on the ice of lakes and rivers is very common here.)

Idiot. Sadly, they probably won't prosecute him. "Oh, he's already been punished enough." That may be the opinion of parents, but as a nonparent, I don't think the fact that you accidentally killed your own kid should be your get out of prison free card. Youc an bet that if it were a nonparent responsibble -- a family friend driving everyone, for example -- they'd prosecute, even if only mildly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Even for Sam, i must say i don't like it very much when everyone piles on someone. If I knew everyone was gonna pile on, I would have bit my tongue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... a guy drove his family in their SUV over a weak part of the ice this weekend and his 9 month old baby died today from being in the water for five minutes.(Driving on the ice of lakes and rivers is very common here.)

Idiot. Sadly, they probably won't prosecute him. "Oh, he's already been punished enough." That may be the opinion of parents, but as a nonparent, I don't think the fact that you accidentally killed your own kid should be your get out of prison free card. Youc an bet that if it were a nonparent responsibble -- a family friend driving everyone, for example -- they'd prosecute, even if only mildly.
I don't know. It's common. Lots of folks do it. It was negligent especially considering a baby was in the car, but it's my understanding (not my area, tho ... So don't quote me on this) that you need to be closer to reckless to be charged with a negligent form of manslaughter.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm being nasty? Really? IMSSO (in my self-serving opinion) my posts and the manner in which they (barely) escalated seem quite tame in comparison to some of the aggression and name-calling I see in here on a daily basis. The worst I did was to offer that he was (potentially) being obtuse as his initial response to me seemed to be nit-picky with the intention of inviting consternation, especially since others got what I was saying. If what I said was so bad, then I am certainly glad you did not have to (apparently) witness the sewage Race spewed at me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE