|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

EXACTLY!
by that logic, no WWII,Korea,Vietnam,Rambo or MASH movies either!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
STUPID. stupid stupid stupid.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I was complaining about how cold it's been (35 last night) and the person I was talking to is in Wisconsin. She's like, "yeah,-6 here..."
While I was there, people kept warning me about the roads being "sheets of ice" as soon as it dropped down to 30 or 31 degrees. Ummm, no. The roads don't ice over as soon as the air temp drops below freezing.
Nice of them to be concerned for me, but they knew where I'm from so it seemed kind of silly.
I'm not complaining about their concern. Just thought it was funny.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Considering that its a new show, your assessment did not sound right. If its filmed now, how would there be any footage of the Twin Towers to scrub? There isn't. I pulled up an article and they have decided not to film any shots that include the current World Trade Center.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope...
Now they ARE saying they did not want to include any shots that would remind anyone about the attacks. Did not want some 16 year old to start crying cause it reminded her about her dad dying, etc...
But regardless of that reasoning, considering that the current WTC in place of the Twin Towers did not exist during the time frame the show is set in, I don't see why this is even a problem.
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing if you read my whole post. The show is set in the '80's. The current WTC didn't exist. The twin towers did.

And I think the worry about a survivor's child is irrelevant. Millions of people have been killed in numerous horrible ways that are shown on TV and in movies every day. What happened at the Twin Towers was horrific, but you do it a disservice, I believe, if you scrub/ignore it.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's...disrespectful...to the people who died there, their survivors, and all the people who have been mired in (and died in) two freaking wars that resulted. Also to the American public in general because, you know, we have short memories and that wasn't a big deal to anyone or anything. Stupid freaking Hollywood.
Agreed (in lieu of anonymous icon).

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Also, it's insulting to assume that they're all such tender, delicate flowers who haven't coped with the loss of a parent from 11+ years ago. This is the same crap that had a teacher telling me I couldn't read "Kramer v. Kramer" in class (we had 10 minutes of reading in every class in 5-8 grade) because it might upset a kid with divorced parents. Really? A kid lived through a divorce but someone else reading a book about divorce might be too much for him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oh, by the way, Nick must have said “meme” in front of others, because he used the word again this past weekend and said it correctly.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing if you read my whole post. The show is set in the '80's. The current WTC didn't exist. The twin towers did.
And I think the worry about a survivor's child is irrelevant. Millions of people have been killed in numerous horrible ways that are shown on TV and in movies every day. What happened at the Twin Towers was horrific, but you do it a disservice, I believe, if you scrub/ignore it.
While I agree with you...

I think Tonka's point about filming is that if they are filming now, there's no way to get current footage of the towers anyway. But I think what we're saying is that they'd use old footage of the skyline, etc.

Did you see the movie Gangs of New York? At the end of the movie, they show a montage of the skyline over the years and you can see the towers come and go. Sure, it's emotional, but it's REAL. It happened.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID read your whole post and it did not make any sense to me. I interpret "scrubbing" as "editing out".

You said: "it is set in NYC in the '80's, and they are scrubbing the footage of the Twin Towers"

If it is being filmed today, then there is no footage of the twin towers to scrub/edit out. What exactly do you think I did not read?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
But I think what we're saying is that they'd use old footage of the skyline, etc.
Ahh...old footage.

Ok. I get that. Yeah, that's dumb and un-necessary. Seems to me it would make things less authentic.

Additionally, you know how many pizza joints would have to paint over the mural on the wall in the dining area if everyone just started weeping at the site of the twin towers?

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, by the way, Nick must have said “meme” in front of others, because he used the word again this past weekend and said it correctly.
Haha! Validation for you.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I DID read your whole post and it did not make any sense to me. I interpret "scrubbing" as "editing out".
You said: "it is set in NYC in the '80's, and they are scrubbing the footage of the Twin Towers"
If it is being filmed today, then there is no footage of the twin towers to scrub/edit out. What exactly do you think I did not read?
Really? That's you're point? So either you're obtuse or just being argumentative. The point of my post (that everyone else managed to get) was that the show is set in the '80's and they're intentionally omitting the Twin Towers from shots that would have included the Twin Towers at that time. You're picking nits.

Don't be a Mutt, you're better than that.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with you...
I think Tonka's point about filming is that if they are filming now, there's no way to get current footage of the towers anyway. But I think what we're saying is that they'd use old footage of the skyline, etc.
Did you see the movie Gangs of New York? At the end of the movie, they show a montage of the skyline over the years and you can see the towers come and go. Sure, it's emotional, but it's REAL. It happened.
I have seen that movie, and apparently I did not make it to the montage. I do have it at home on DVD, I will be checking that out tonight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen that movie, and apparently I did not make it to the montage. I do have it at home on DVD, I will be checking that out tonight.
I didn't see the movie, but this montage sounds interesting!

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's you're point? So either you're obtuse or just being argumentative. The point of my post (that everyone else managed to get) was that the show is set in the '80's and they're intentionally omitting the Twin Towers from shots that would have included the Twin Towers at that time. You're picking nits.
Hey, I understood tonka's question and it's obviously beyond you. If the show is filmed today, then the current WTC Memorial tower would have to be "scrubbed" because it didn't exist in the 80s. What you "meant" to say was, the Twin Towers should have been digitally ADDED. Don't try to blame your screw up on someone else's reading comprehension.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
So, uh Tonka, I just gotta ask, are you still Sam's number one biggest fan? I remember when something along those lines was in your headline, when she first came on and started tangling with me.

I told myself at the time, that's not gonna last very long. I knew once I put the verbal smack down on her a few times, she was going to move onto someone else ... and she has ... she's moved onto every male who posts on here!

She gets along well with the ladies, tho. I'll give her credit for that. She wants to get in their panties, I think.

<pokes Sam with a stick>
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I understood tonka's question and it's obviously beyond you. If the show is filmed today, then the current WTC Memorial tower would have to be "scrubbed" because it didn't exist in the 80s. What you "meant" to say was, the Twin Towers should have been digitally ADDED. Don't try to blame your screw up on someone else's reading comprehension.
TSTI.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Way to crank up the bitch meter for nothin. Sorry I'm not well versed in how films are made. Archive footage never crossed my mind.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Way to crank up the bitch meter for nothin. Sorry I'm not well versed in how films are made. Archive footage never crossed my mind.
Then you must have really been baffled by I Robot and how they got those "from the future" depictions of Chicago....

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>Then you must have really been baffled by I Robot and how they got those "from the future" depictions of Chicago....
Why are you being so nasty? Your first post was confusing. If you had said that they were omitting any references to the twin towers, I would have understood what you meant. Instead you used the word scrubbed, which I took the same way Tonka did.

Don't get so defensive just because your post needed a follow up for clarification.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,881 - 77,900 of97,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 31 min 75 Scorpio 406
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 173,742
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,072,818
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr The Troll Stopper 48,695
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 1 hr wow 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr No Warming 45,547
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 13 at 12:40AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search