Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78958 Jan 23, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78959 Jan 23, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that ice fishing is much more a part of the culture there than it is here, but did you hear about the two teenagers in NJ who died last week? The problem is that people aren't paying attention to how cold it is (or isn't).
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20130110/N...
Wow, Just read the article, so sad!

I will cut slack to teenagers -- because they're kids. But here we have adults setting up their fish shacks on thin ice, near open water, etc. Heck, people will be out on the ice fishing in the spring, when it's so warm out, fish houses are falling through thin ice on the same lake.

Location hidden

#78960 Jan 23, 2013
This morning itw as a whopping 8 degrees out. And while mydefroster worked fine, no heat came out for my feet the entire ride. My feet were frozen when I got to work.

Location hidden

#78962 Jan 23, 2013
Man builds colorful igloo to keep girlfriend's mom happy.

http://www.treehugger.com/green-architecture/...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78963 Jan 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
This morning itw as a whopping 8 degrees out. And while mydefroster worked fine, no heat came out for my feet the entire ride. My feet were frozen when I got to work.
That stinks :(

It was 11 degrees out when I dropped the boys off at school. I remember walking to school in the winter and surviving when i lived in Colorado, but I didn't complain that they let the kids go right inside instead of waiting for the bell :) I'll have to find some other character building lessons for them.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#78964 Jan 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Man builds colorful igloo to keep girlfriend's mom happy.

http://www.treehugger.com/green-architecture/...
The igloo is really cool looking, but what did the girlfriend do during those five weeks? Her mom sounds like a controlling PITA and if they do get married, I hope they don't live anywhere near her (for his sake).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78965 Jan 23, 2013
I wonder what this smelled like...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/giant-go...

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#78966 Jan 23, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he buy Mimi's Jag?
No.:)

I just always think of Mimi when I think of Jags.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78967 Jan 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Once again, sam tries to absolve her own crass behavior by comparing it to someone Else's. I guess in her mind, that makes her behavior ok.
Someday maybe sam will actually apologize or acknowledge that he is wrong, but I aint holding my breath.
So sayeth the cancer death wisher....
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78968 Jan 23, 2013
Did anyone see the clip of the child who got tossed from a car during an accident? Parents were driving down a snowy road, lost control, the rear of the car got creamed from the side by a semi, the child was ejected from the car into the oncoming lane, and another semi came along right away and missed the child by about a foot. Scary as all heck to watch, amazing the child is o.k.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#78969 Jan 23, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
Did anyone see the clip of the child who got tossed from a car during an accident? Parents were driving down a snowy road, lost control, the rear of the car got creamed from the side by a semi, the child was ejected from the car into the oncoming lane, and another semi came along right away and missed the child by about a foot. Scary as all heck to watch, amazing the child is o.k.
OMG, no. I didn't see it, but I started shaking just reading your description.

My 4 year old, E, has been sitting in a booster seat since Sept (his bday). On Tuesdays I drive Ry's friend home from school, but I forgot to grab one of the extra boosters from my husband's car on Monday night. I told E that he would have to sit in his old car seat to pick up the first graders and he said "it looks just like the seats that the Little Einsteins sit in when they fly in Rocket!" and got in it without argument. This morning he asked if he could sit in his Rocket seat again. As long as he is not complaining, I'll let him sit in the car seat with the 5 point harness :)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#78970 Jan 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
No.:)
I just always think of Mimi when I think of Jags.
Me too. And Mimi and Chris when I hear Rush. Erry time.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78971 Jan 23, 2013
Miscellaneous:

News Headline: "Michelle Obama wears bangs, Reed Krakoff dress to swearing-in."
News Headline: "Prediction: Michelle Obama will wear a repeat gown on Inauguration Day."
The day will come when we have a woman president--and a First Gentlemen will have to put up with all this endless fashion reporting.
Except he won't.

News Headline: "Man on probation for donkey molesting arrested on new charges."
Amazing what he was arrested for this time.

QT Grammar R Us Seminar on the English Language:
S.L., a Chicago reader, writes:
"How many people do you think know the meaning of the word 'penultimate'?"
QT tested a sample survey on this, which means it asked around.
The final, or ultimate, person it asked knew the definition.
The person before that, the penultimate, didn't.
The person before that, the antepenultimate, did.
The person before that, the preantepenultimate, didn't.
QT will have to stop its survey there.
Unless someone knows what comes before "preantepenultimate. "

Reeeeeeeeeeeeediculous: University of Colorado study has recommended that teachers stop using red ink to correct student work because the color red subjects students to "emotional loading" that can make them feel "shouted at," damaging their self-esteem.

Location hidden

#78972 Jan 23, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The igloo is really cool looking, but what did the girlfriend do during those five weeks? Her mom sounds like a controlling PITA and if they do get married, I hope they don't live anywhere near her (for his sake).
ITA. I thought, what do you think, that they don't have sex whereever it is they live together/near one another?

Location hidden

#78973 Jan 23, 2013
If mom was so concerned about daughter's virtue for five weeks, she should have given THE DAUGHTER the task to occupy her time. Why is the man responsible for your daughter's sexual activity?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#78974 Jan 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
If mom was so concerned about daughter's virtue for five weeks, she should have given THE DAUGHTER the task to occupy her time. Why is the man responsible for your daughter's sexual activity?
I think we now know why the daughter lives on the other side of the planet...

Location hidden

#78976 Jan 23, 2013
Does anyone here play skyrim?

Miami, FL

#78978 Jan 23, 2013
So I've talked about Power Lunch here before. A few of us from work go over to church on Wednesdays where lunch is served and the pastor gives a mini sermon.

I just got hit on there. Is no place sacred? Am I safe nowhere?

Another guy asked one of my co-workers if she was going to finish her carrots, he wanted them.

Weird day.

Miami, FL

#78979 Jan 23, 2013
To clarify, both guys in the above story were people we just met today.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#78980 Jan 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
To clarify, both guys in the above story were people we just met today.
Advice columnists often advise people to head to church to meet available people, but I think the idea is to get to know them, not hit on the first hot chick they encounter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,154,399
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 71,130
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 16 min Le Jimbo 20
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Jacques Ottawa 181,892
Abby 12-22 43 min cheluzal 3
Amy 12-22 47 min cheluzal 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 52 min TRD 68,892
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report11:31PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
NBC Sports 8:09 AM
Marc Trestman: We'll talk about whether Jimmy Clausen starts again
NFL 8:57 AM
Dominic Raiola says Ferguson stomp was unintentional