#78860 Jan 21, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78861 Jan 21, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78862 Jan 21, 2013
There were Canadians involved in that attack on the gas plant in Algeria. 37 hostages died. I think we need to ban Canadians from the country or at least make them all undergo background checks.

:p
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78863 Jan 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What does tsti stand for?
My acronym for Mutt - Too Stupid To Insult. If I typed out the full thing every time it was applicable, I'd get carpal tunnel.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78864 Jan 21, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Lewis is a Christian, and his commitment to his faith was featured in a Sports Illustrated cover story in 2006. He has six children by four women.
I guess they somehow forgot to add "...and he helped cover for a murderer."

I just heard that Kobe Bryant got the most All Star votes. I guess it's o.k. to rape someone as long as you can hit a jumper.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78865 Jan 21, 2013
So apparently Kelly Clarkson killed it today with "My Country 'Tis of Thee." I am a little surprised they didn't work in her version of "I Went Up to the Mountain" seeing as it's MLK Day.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78866 Jan 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>I just heard that Kobe Bryant got the most All Star votes. I guess it's o.k. to rape someone as long as you can hit a jumper.
Whoa! I think rapists should get life in prison or worse, but:

She goes in his room, consensually

She starts kissing him in his room, consensually

Then itís a he said she said.

Let me ask you sam, how many hotel rooms have you been in and been making out with a man, and not been open to sex? Also, after she was supposedly raped she had sex with a second man not long after having sex with Kobe. Is that what a rape victim does?

Maybe she was raped and she acted much differently than a lot of other women would have acted under those circumstances, but I don't think anyone can conclude with any certainty that she was raped. There are women out there with issues ... just like there are men out there with issues.

Based on the facts, his celebrity status, and her behavior, I'm think it is more likely than not that she was not raped. I think more likely than not this was all about a pay day, and she got one. In terms of any civil liability, they settled.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#78867 Jan 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
So apparently Kelly Clarkson killed it today with "My Country 'Tis of Thee." I am a little surprised they didn't work in her version of "I Went Up to the Mountain" seeing as it's MLK Day.
Beyonce sucked at the Star Spangled Banner though.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78868 Jan 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Beyonce sucked at the Star Spangled Banner though.
What happened? Did she make the all-too-common mistake of trying to do too much?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#78869 Jan 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>I guess they somehow forgot to add "...and he helped cover for a murderer."

I just heard that Kobe Bryant got the most All Star votes. I guess it's o.k. to rape someone as long as you can hit a jumper.
Oh, there is a whole section about that. There is also a section about his philanthropical work, too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78870 Jan 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they somehow forgot to add "...and he helped cover for a murderer."
I don't believe Kobe raped anyone. cheated on his wife? Absolutely. But rape? I'm not going to believe some skank who follows pro athletes around and invites one up to her hotel room. S he didn't invite him up to play cards.

Location hidden

#78871 Jan 21, 2013
What sub said.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#78872 Jan 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What sub said.
Triple ditto.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#78873 Jan 21, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Near Seattle where?
Was at McChord but now I'm back in Minneapolis, freezing my woo-hoos off

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78874 Jan 21, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Was at McChord but now I'm back in Minneapolis, freezing my woo-hoos off
Oh man I wish I'd known before you went back. I'm like 5 mins from JBLM a the crow flies. We could've had coffee!

Location hidden

#78875 Jan 21, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Was at McChord but now I'm back in Minneapolis, freezing my woo-hoos off
Hey, just Friday I was working on the big AAFES project at Ft. Lewis-McChord!

Location hidden

#78876 Jan 21, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
Poor Jimmy Johns delivery guy has been here a few times today. No one wants to get into their cold car and go get food! Those that did -- hardened Minnesotans not wearing hats -- said "It's brisk out there."

Location hidden

#78877 Jan 21, 2013
Heh for Tonka: When I got in my car this morning, it was 10 below zero!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78878 Jan 21, 2013
We just got back from an indoor water park up in Wisconsin where they had an indoor/ outdoor hot tub. The steam was so thick, both inside and out, that you couldn't see the people on the other side. You got frost on your eyelashes if you were outside too long.

Felt like one of those snow monkeys.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78879 Jan 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Jimmy Johns delivery guy has been here a few times today. No one wants to get into their cold car and go get food! Those that did -- hardened Minnesotans not wearing hats -- said "It's brisk out there."
Why 'poor delivery guy'? That's how he makes his money. Probably making more today BECAUSE no one wants to go out. He's probably thinking its a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Eric 69,536
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Patrick 1,115,462
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min kal 47,052
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min Cali Girl 2014 50,053
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,612
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr LieutenantGov 4,053
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr full mardi mau-Grau 68,565

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]