Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Just wanna say "GO 9'ers!!!!!" Going to be a 6th SB win! Yup yup!

/rant

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Just wanna say "GO 9'ers!!!!!" Going to be a 6th SB win! Yup yup!

/rant
I'm on board with that. I'll be rooting for them no matter who wins the AFC.
:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

HA! From a mom friend w/ a kid who's about age 6/7.

This morning as he's discussing how he's trying to gain weight, Ian says to me "Mom, wouldn't you like to lose 50 lbs?" I said "no but I'd like to lose 20." He said, "you'd look good if you lost 15ónot that you don't look good now. If you lost it, you'd probably lose it right here" (points to my rear). I said "you think so? Don't you like big butts?" He said, "well it just looks weird when you're in public." :-)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
HA! From a mom friend w/ a kid who's about age 6/7.

This morning as he's discussing how he's trying to gain weight, Ian says to me "Mom, wouldn't you like to lose 50 lbs?" I said "no but I'd like to lose 20." He said, "you'd look good if you lost 15¬ónot that you don't look good now. If you lost it, you'd probably lose it right here" (points to my rear). I said "you think so? Don't you like big butts?" He said, "well it just looks weird when you're in public." :-)
Ha!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I was checking out what Wikipedia had to say about Ray Lewis while the Ravens game is on. I find it hysterical and a little sad that these two statements are next to each other in the section about his personal life:

Lewis is a Christian, and his commitment to his faith was featured in a Sports Illustrated cover story in 2006. He has six children by four women.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
I was checking out what Wikipedia had to say about Ray Lewis while the Ravens game is on. I find it hysterical and a little sad that these two statements are next to each other in the section about his personal life:
Lewis is a Christian, and his commitment to his faith was featured in a Sports Illustrated cover story in 2006. He has six children by four women.
Very Old Testament: go forth and multiply.

But at least at his saary he can afford child support, at least while he is still playng. After that, the kids on their own, no doubt
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

There were Canadians involved in that attack on the gas plant in Algeria. 37 hostages died. I think we need to ban Canadians from the country or at least make them all undergo background checks.

:p
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What does tsti stand for?
My acronym for Mutt - Too Stupid To Insult. If I typed out the full thing every time it was applicable, I'd get carpal tunnel.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I guess they somehow forgot to add "...and he helped cover for a murderer."

I just heard that Kobe Bryant got the most All Star votes. I guess it's o.k. to rape someone as long as you can hit a jumper.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

So apparently Kelly Clarkson killed it today with "My Country 'Tis of Thee." I am a little surprised they didn't work in her version of "I Went Up to the Mountain" seeing as it's MLK Day.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>I just heard that Kobe Bryant got the most All Star votes. I guess it's o.k. to rape someone as long as you can hit a jumper.
Whoa! I think rapists should get life in prison or worse, but:

She goes in his room, consensually

She starts kissing him in his room, consensually

Then itís a he said she said.

Let me ask you sam, how many hotel rooms have you been in and been making out with a man, and not been open to sex? Also, after she was supposedly raped she had sex with a second man not long after having sex with Kobe. Is that what a rape victim does?

Maybe she was raped and she acted much differently than a lot of other women would have acted under those circumstances, but I don't think anyone can conclude with any certainty that she was raped. There are women out there with issues ... just like there are men out there with issues.

Based on the facts, his celebrity status, and her behavior, I'm think it is more likely than not that she was not raped. I think more likely than not this was all about a pay day, and she got one. In terms of any civil liability, they settled.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
So apparently Kelly Clarkson killed it today with "My Country 'Tis of Thee." I am a little surprised they didn't work in her version of "I Went Up to the Mountain" seeing as it's MLK Day.
Beyonce sucked at the Star Spangled Banner though.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Beyonce sucked at the Star Spangled Banner though.
What happened? Did she make the all-too-common mistake of trying to do too much?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>I guess they somehow forgot to add "...and he helped cover for a murderer."

I just heard that Kobe Bryant got the most All Star votes. I guess it's o.k. to rape someone as long as you can hit a jumper.
Oh, there is a whole section about that. There is also a section about his philanthropical work, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they somehow forgot to add "...and he helped cover for a murderer."
I don't believe Kobe raped anyone. cheated on his wife? Absolutely. But rape? I'm not going to believe some skank who follows pro athletes around and invites one up to her hotel room. S he didn't invite him up to play cards.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

What sub said.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What sub said.
Triple ditto.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Near Seattle where?
Was at McChord but now I'm back in Minneapolis, freezing my woo-hoos off

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min YYYY GUY 1,085,013
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 11 min obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 46 min andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 265
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,466
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,124
Ask Amy 8-1-14 4 hr Shari23 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••