Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#78757 Jan 17, 2013
A friend at work wants me to go to a rib-fest/country music concert with her (a bunch of different artists, no one I've heard of). I'm SO not into country music, but I could see the atmosphere being fun, the food being good, the beer being cold....

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78758 Jan 17, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>Im a New Wave girl looking back at the 80s... i was more of a Bon Jovi fan at hte time, and some of that stuff and bands has a soft spot in my heart.

but, the last concert i saw was metallica... last i saw an 80s/new wave show was in '96 or so. Saw Peter Gabriel and the Cure taht summer...
I wasn't a Bon Jovi fan until I saw them in concert a couple of years ago. OMG, they are still awesome and can rock a stadium.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78759 Jan 17, 2013
You ladies' hotnesses just decreased by about 242%

Peter Gabriel, The Cure, Bon Jovi, Metallica... Sigh..
:(

West Palm Beach, FL

#78760 Jan 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
You ladies' hotnesses just decreased by about 242%

Peter Gabriel, The Cure, Bon Jovi, Metallica... Sigh..
:(
Dare we ask who YOUR favorites from the 80s are?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78761 Jan 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
NKOTB!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78762 Jan 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Slayer
Maiden
Priest
Megadeath...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78763 Jan 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That "pro" is a "con" to me!!~!:)
I was gonna say the same thing!

I could see some Def Leppard, but not Bon Jovi.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78764 Jan 18, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#78765 Jan 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Raffi! Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#78766 Jan 18, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78767 Jan 18, 2013
The only bon jovi song I really like is their first hit from their first album, "Runaway" (1985/1986).

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78768 Jan 18, 2013
However, I have a big crush on Bon Jovi. I think he's a very good looking guy and a class act.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#78769 Jan 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ed.
It's Edo the G!(my rapper name)

Miami, FL

#78770 Jan 18, 2013
Happy Friday! Weekend plans?

Tonight: dinner with A, just the two of us. I'm looking forward to catching up after a crazy week.

Tomorrow: not sure... and it's stressing me out.

Sunday: going to the fair with some friends.

Monday (our office is closed for MLK Day): I'll probably come in to work in the morning to catch up on stuff, then lunch with a friend.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78771 Jan 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The only bon jovi song I really like is their first hit from their first album, "Runaway" (1985/1986).
When I think of all the bands and artists I like, Bon Jovi doesn't come to mind but there are really quite a few songs I like that they do. Living on a Prayer, It's My Life, Runaway (and others)-- all really great music to listen to when you're cleaning your house or need something upbeat and pop music type.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78772 Jan 18, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Edo the G!(my rapper name)
Like -- Oops, Edo it again...

Perfect, I like it.:)
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78773 Jan 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Jon and Richie do an excellent version of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters."
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78774 Jan 18, 2013
Anyone else watch the Lance interview last night? It was a good interview, and he gave (mostly) the right answers, but it is pretty obvious he's doing it only because he has been cornered, which to me makes anything he says worthless. They are saying that he might be able to trade information about other dopers, drs., etc. for reduced penalties. If he really was sorry, there'd be no trade, he'd simply cooperate. He can suck on Rosie O'Donnell's bike seat for all I care.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78775 Jan 18, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
Anyone else watch the Lance interview last night? It was a good interview, and he gave (mostly) the right answers, but it is pretty obvious he's doing it only because he has been cornered, which to me makes anything he says worthless. They are saying that he might be able to trade information about other dopers, drs., etc. for reduced penalties. If he really was sorry, there'd be no trade, he'd simply cooperate. He can suck on Rosie O'Donnell's bike seat for all I care.
I saw part of it. I got the same impression you did...because he couldn't get out of doing it. <shrug> I don't really care anyway. When I first heard -to my utter horror- that he's used enhancement drugs, I can recall that my overwhelming emotionally fraught reaction was "duh." It's like saying politicians lie IMO. Really, who's surprised by any of it?

Sorry, I have a 4 page paper due today. Haven't started on it. Haven't even figured out the topic yet. Just a little cranky.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78776 Jan 18, 2013
Miscellaneous:

A factoid is not a quick fact or a little fact.
It is something that resembles a fact but is not true.

Lest We Forget that the Dark Ages Were a Faith-Based Initiative:
Rep. Paul Broun (R-Georgia), who believes Earth is "about 9,000 years old" and that evolution and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of Hell," has retained his seat on the House Science Committee.

News Headline: "Four-year-old child accidentally shoots, kills man."
News Headline: "Grandma hit by stray bullet in Brooklyn."
Can it be only one day until National Gun Appreciation Day?

Modern Education + the Criminal Mind =
A thief going into the Art Institute of Philadelphia to steal laptops stopped at the entrance to sign the visitors log.

Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law, by the way, but nine points of the law.

Modern Education + the Criminal Mind =
A New Orleans burglar put a bucket over his head to disguise himself from store security cameras, lifting the front of the bucket only a couple of times to see where he was going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Frijoles 71,119
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 26 min far away 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min woodtick57 1,154,316
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr STORY NOW ON TV 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,264
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,238
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:21PM