|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
And does our president really think the American people are gonna lay down and allow our rights to be trampled? Does he?
Why not? Republicans have been asking women to let their right to decide what they can and cannot do with their bodies be trampled on for ages. I find that just as outrageous as you do this gun thing.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about flawed idiots as I agree they run rampant in both parties, I'm talking about the IDEALISMS of your party. THAT is what's flawed.
There was an assault weapons and high round magazine ban from 1994 to 2004. Do you know what? It had ZERO effect on gun violence. ZERO. Chicago had a hand gun ban until very recently and still saw an average of five hundred murders from shootings a year.
Strict gun laws and gun bans have been PROVEN ineffective. Yet whenever there's a shooting, you people shout "we need more gun control!" A knee jerk reaction, feel good legislation, that does absolutely NOTHING! NOTHING!
Please tell me where the sense is in that?
And does our president really think the American people are gonna lay down and allow our rights to be trampled? Does he?
The thing that pi$ses me off is the moron is putting all his energy into a knee jerk reaction and is doing absolutely jack shyte about the impending debt ceiling.

No leadership on the issue ... no negotiating on the issue ... no compromise on the issue. Let's sit around a d' around and talk about feel good gun legislation and do nothing about the impending debt ceiling. Really smart man, he is, isn't he? He really has his priorities straight, doesn't he?

I hope the Republicans call his bluff and push forward a bill that only authorizes enough borrowing to pay for a limited number of programs and include in any such bill the specific programs that the money is to be spent on. For example, they can authorize additional debt to pay ONLY for SS and Medicare and certain programs of their choosing and direct that any such lending be used only for these programs. If Obama doesn't want to negotiate over spending cuts, they can force the spending cuts. Obama's only alternative in such an instance would be to hold EVERYONE HOSTAGE and not sign the bill and make everyone suffer.

The guy is the biggest fraud ever perpetuated on the American public and his recent spiel about how it was his naivety that caused him to refuse to vote for the debt ceiling when he was senator is only further proof of this.

His spiel is merely a smoke screen to cover for the fact that he was doing nothing more than political grandstanding when he voted against increasing the ceiling as a Senator, in the hopes that folks would think he was serious about debt and fiscal matters such as to pave the way to his presidency.

Fool me once, shame on you ... fool me twice, I'm the fool. At least he only fooled me once...

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Republicans have been asking women to let their right to decide what they can and cannot do with their bodies be trampled on for ages. I find that just as outrageous as you do this gun thing.
I see you are one of the uneducated voters. Roe v Wade has been upheld by a conservative-led Supreme Court now for 40 years. No Republican president during that time has attempted to overturn it. Contrary to popular liberal belief, Republicans are NOT demanding women give up rights to their own bodies. But I don't expect you're one to let facts get in the way of your beliefs that have been spoon-fed and brainwashed into you.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sick of this issue. A woman decides she doesn't want to make sacrifices and lose out on opportunities in life to raise a child or even be inconvenienced and give it up for adoption. So, she aborts it and is a f'ing hero to women of the world.

A man decides he doesn't want to raise a child with weekend p', but weekend p' decides she wants to keep it. So, he leaves them high and dry and he's a deadbeat, low life, and scum.

In both instances what motivates each of these people is the same thing, i.e. they don't want to limit their opportunities in their lives to raise a child or dedicate resources to a child they don't want, but only one is a f'ing hero, whereas the other is a loser.

Not only that, but isn't being forced to expend your blood sweat and tears to support a child for 18 years who you don't want in the first akin to being forced to do something with your body that you don't want to do?

I never understood why so many women are one party issue voters over abortion. Most of the women I know would never contemplate having an abortion, absent the most extreme circumstances, which explains why most of them aren't one issue voters. They actually think about other issues too and issues that are important to them and their families.

Why any woman who isn't a serial abortionist would vote exclusively for democrats so that 2% of women can have abortions annually, with half of them being complete f' ups who have had multiple abortions and use abortions like most people with a brain use birth control, is beyond my comprehension.

I think women should be allowed to have them, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor that it is for so many women, who are incapable of understanding that there are many other factors in politics other than who doesn't or does have a vagina and whether fetuses can be killed or not.

Furthermore, the issue has been settled by courts. It doesn't matter what some republicans want to do on the issue. It's just something democrats love to use to get some women all riled up.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are one of the uneducated voters. Roe v Wade has been upheld by a conservative-led Supreme Court now for 40 years. No Republican president during that time has attempted to overturn it. Contrary to popular liberal belief, Republicans are NOT demanding women give up rights to their own bodies. But I don't expect you're one to let facts get in the way of your beliefs that have been spoon-fed and brainwashed into you.
You can spoonfeed that load of BS to yourself.

There are many republicans that would like to make abortion illigal with a constitutional amendment. The only reason they have not been able to do it is that they have not controlled all parts of the government. But if happens in the future, I expect to see that brought up as one of the first things they do.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Simon cowbell on the Simpsons re Maggie the baby: she's brilliant. She even could be teaching at Florida state.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Sub, until you have a uterus and hear some rich fat white guy tell you that you have to carry the possible rapist-inseminated baby to term because that's what *his* god says to do, you won't.

And if that doesn't make sense, I blame it on the effing smartphone. I HATE typing on these things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Oops that's cowell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about flawed idiots as I agree they run rampant in both parties, I'm talking about the IDEALISMS of your party. THAT is what's flawed.
There was an assault weapons and high round magazine ban from 1994 to 2004. Do you know what? It had ZERO effect on gun violence. ZERO. Chicago had a hand gun ban until very recently and still saw an average of five hundred murders from shootings a year.
Strict gun laws and gun bans have been PROVEN ineffective. Yet whenever there's a shooting, you people shout "we need more gun control!" A knee jerk reaction, feel good legislation, that does absolutely NOTHING! NOTHING!
Please tell me where the sense is in that?
You people? But I and my liberal friends supports gun ownership and gun rights. There is no "you peopl." We.re not a monolithic party. Most people have beliefs from both sides.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Sub, until you have a uterus and hear some rich fat white guy tell you that you have to carry the possible rapist-inseminated baby to term because that's what *his* god says to do, you won't.
And if that doesn't make sense, I blame it on the effing smartphone. I HATE typing on these things.
I have a d' and I hear women say tough shyte all the time when men have absolutely no say in the matter and get stuck turning over 20-30% of their income so a child they don't want to have with a woman they don't want to be a parent with can live a life that a child of such a man with his income status would be accustomed to and the woman can sponge off that and live a similar life style for 18 years, simply because she spread her legs.

And it's very nice of you to take the views of the extreme right and impute that to all republicans. Do you really believe most republican candidates would even want to deny the woman the right to an abortion in the case of rape? That sort of speak only comes from the far right Reich-tards. For you to impute that sort of sentiment to the republican party at large would be like me imputing Marion Barry and his crack smoking habit to the democrat party at large.

I honestly don't know any women, except the women I've come across on here and a few in law school who were feminazis who make voting decisions almost exclusively on the abortion issue or so called women's rights issue (it almost makes me laugh, free birth control is a woman's rights issue, but men couldn't give a f' if free condoms are available, lol). Most women I know would never contemplate an abortion, except in an extreme case, such as rape.

My wife and I did not plan on having 3 kids as soon as we did and she was crying about it before she told me. Neither one of us would ever think to have an abortion.

I was the 5th child of my parents and this was before my parents had many resources. My mom was crying in the doctor's office when she found out she was pregnant. Yet she didn't abort me. She could have, but my mom would never have an abortion.

I talked about my values the other day, in my rant, and once again, these are values. Most people I know, and most women I know, share these values, even if like me they think abortion should be a woman's choice. It just doesn't rise to the level of being paramount to every political decision because for them and for me, it's not the most important thing in our lives.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

I have bigger concerns. I see huge debt. I see tax increases coming. I see spending cuts coming, including for those who are the most needy (and I've seem the numbers myself and I know we can't tax our way around this issue, even if we do things most of us agree upon, i.e. having wealthy folks pay more and cutting corporate welfare).

I see the next generation having far less opportunity than my generation had. I even see many in my generation having less opportunity than the previous generation did. People having a hard time getting jobs ... people living pay check to pay check ... people raiding their retirement funds to get by in life. People who are struggling through no part of their own. My biggest concern isn't whether a woman who voluntarily decided to have sex with a man can have an abortion ... just like my biggest concern isn't whether a man who voluntarily decided to have sex with a woman gets stuck paying child support for a child they don't want and whether or not this hampers his opportunities in life.

Yet I wonder, why are contemplating changing the index by which SS recipients receive increases in their SS checks, while we give illegal immigrants instate college tuition, work with the Mexican consulate to encourage illegals to sign up for food stamps, hire large number of teachers to educate their abnormally large broods, drive down wages for actual Americans, and make it harder for actual American's to get jobs. 70% of the folks I see down here are Mexicans on the road construction jobs. Those are good paying jobs. Those could go to our military personal who are having a hard time finding jobs. Those could go to Americans.

Then Obama is going to want to are to grant amnesty??? Really, what do you think that will do to the drain on entitlements? This isn't monopoly money. You really can destroy a nation by financial mismanagement ... this was the primary reason for the decline of the British Empire and many other once strong nations.

The number of problems our country is facing and the direction we are going, makes abortion such a low priority to me. Most women in my circle of friends completely agree with me. You don't think I cringe or they don't cringe when they hear legitimate rape? Of course we do. There are plenty of things dems do that make me cringe too. To me legitimate rape is just as stupid as Pelosi saying we had to pass Obamacare, before folks could find out what it was all about.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

squishymama wrote:
The only reason they have not been able to do it is that they have not controlled all parts of the government.
Like, the Supreme Court, the Presidency, the House and the Senate?
Which part am I missing?

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You people? But I and my liberal friends supports gun ownership and gun rights. There is no "you peopl." We.re not a monolithic party. Most people have beliefs from both sides.
Do you and your liberal friends support or oppose Obama's new stricter gun policies?
Would you be willing to speak out in criticism of your president?
(I rarely hear of criticism from the left, and when they do (Juan Williams) they get fired.) So I would really be interested to hear of liberals who oppose some of the president's agendas.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

And to Sub, I really think social issues such as gay marriage and abortion are used just to demonize the "evil, rich, white Republican" so to avoid the more serious matters such as liberty, debt, and future of our country.

It's better to avert attention than face problems head on.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Like, the Supreme Court, the Presidency, the House and the Senate?
Which part am I missing?
Right. And since they don't control them all they won't bring up a constitutional amendment to ban abortion.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
And to Sub, I really think social issues such as gay marriage and abortion are used just to demonize the "evil, rich, white Republican" so to avoid the more serious matters such as liberty, debt, and future of our country.
I said FAT rich white man 'cause really, when have you ever seen a fat rich black Republican?

But that's the last comment I'm making using this effing phone.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
That sort of speak only comes from the far right Reich-tards. For you to impute that sort of sentiment to the republican party at large would be like...
...edogg attributing zero tolerance stupidity to liberals at large?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
So it was liberals who put amendments on the ballot to ban gay marriage just so they could demonize conservatives?

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And since they don't control them all they won't bring up a constitutional amendment to ban abortion.
The point of my comment was that they controlled them all in the past (circa 80s, 90s?) And there was still never a constitutional amendment.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I said FAT rich white man 'cause really, when have you ever seen a fat rich black Republican?
I'll defer to fat, rich, black Republicans...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,661 - 77,680 of97,426
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,071,381
Amy 7-10 12 min VAdame 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min baby 48,677
Abby 7-10 16 min Toj 9
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 34 min In Your Face 69
Chicago Democrats a Protected Species on the Na... 35 min bensley reality 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info