Yeah. She should have just gotten him a regular phone. Screw "wonder without googling". I love Google, Wikipedia, dictionary.com , imdb.com , reddit, etc. I think about stuff all day long, when I want to KNOW something new, I want to know it now. My female friends do this all the time "I wonder blah blah blah..." While they're debating, I've got the answer.And my comments. Thoughts anyone?
3)?? I understand "answer it if mom or dad calls", but why shouldn't he be allowed to screen his calls for other people?
4)?? How old is the kid? 7:30 on week nights is too late to call a friend? Not when I was a kid.
5)?? I'm cool with it not going to school, but it just seems like he will have extremely limited use. No access during the school bus ride? Or walking home from school or however he commutes? So basically, his window of opportunity is from when he gets home from school to 7:30pm. Does he take part in any extra curricular activites? How much homework does he have? Daily chores? That 7:30 shut down is the sticking point to me.
6) OK. The kid is responsible for it. But damn, nice confidence in your kid when you tell him, "it will happen". Is the kid a klutz with a history of losing/breaking things?
7) OK, but th iphone really has nothing to do with this advice
9)??? So basically, don't have private conversations with your friends, cause there's lots of stuff kids will say amongst friends that they would not say in front of their parents.
10) Hah! Good luck withthat one mom. Hope you're a tech saavy mom if you want to catch him. Cause just like you know he's gonna drop the phone, he's gonna look for porn. It'll happen.
11) Cool. So when he's in public talking to his friends, and mom or dad call, he'll have an excuse to ignore the call. "But mom, you told me to put it on silent so I would not be rude. I didn't even know you called".
13)??? This is just stupid
14) Again with the time without the phone. Starting to wonder why she even got him the phone
15) Nice suggestion, but silly rule.
16) Whatever mom
17) WTF? Go eat some granola
18) Are we supposed to hug now?
So he can't use the phone till he gets home from school. It goes without saying that some of that time will be occupied with chores, homework, dinner, bath, any extra curricular activies, time spent playing with friend, and then it goes off at 7:30. I know that I get most use out of my phone/tech after all those other things are done and I am winding down and relaxing.
She is suggesting he not take it out with him, thus lessening its usefulness.
Suggesting he "wonder without googling" thus lessening its usefulness.
Tells him to not take a bunch of videos/pictures, thus lessening its usefulness.
Tells him to always answer it but tells him to silence it while he's out in public and/or talking with people, which are contradictory.
She's given him an iphone and a set of rules geared towards him getting as little use out of the phone as possible.
I get not taking nude pics of course, but why the crap does she care if he takes a ton of pictures? I take a ton of pictures with a couple different apps. Only a few see the light of day. That's the beauty of it. Maybe he'll get in to photography.