Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78659 Jan 16, 2013
Race, et al. This is fascinating. Finnish sniper killed 700 Russians (WWII) in 100 days. With no scope.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/featured...

AFter one guy shot the sniper's jaw off, the sniper killed him before h passed out. Amazing.

Location hidden

#78660 Jan 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
the world gets dumber and dumber every day.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/pare...
I hate hate hate the whole "zero tolerance" nonsense.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78661 Jan 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I accepted all kinds of friend requests when I was new to FB -- mostly, former coworkers and HS friends. I've since gone through and deleted a lot. AS in, "Oh, after we became FB friends, we never talked, so after two years, I'm cleaning this up a bit."
I wish FB would make it easier to delete friends. It's three clicks per friend now.
Yet only two to accidentally "pocket friend" somebody on the mobile app, as I have done a number of times. Yaaay!

I've done the same and I'm about to clean house again. Watching an athiests vs. Christians argument get really ugly this morning. Old friend, A, is in the hospital for something. Posts something about God helping see him through. Other old friend, G, decides that this is the time to debate A's faith. Seriously? What a prick.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#78662 Jan 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Sometimes I'm jealous of kids today and sometimes I just feel bad for them in all this nonsense.:-/

Location hidden

#78663 Jan 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet only two to accidentally "pocket friend" somebody on the mobile app, as I have done a number of times. Yaaay!
I've done the same and I'm about to clean house again. Watching an athiests vs. Christians argument get really ugly this morning. Old friend, A, is in the hospital for something. Posts something about God helping see him through. Other old friend, G, decides that this is the time to debate A's faith. Seriously? What a prick.
I agree.

In happier news, check out these two wonderful first grade boys:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/youngs...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#78664 Jan 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
In happier news, check out these two wonderful first grade boys:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/youngs...
Thanks for making me cry at work. Again!

You will pay...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78665 Jan 16, 2013
I think I'm the only one in this class (aside from the teacher) who knows anything about WW1. Also, I already know everything he is saying. I have a headache.

/mini rant

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#78666 Jan 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
This is what Jess was posting about a while ago. They have the same thing at her boys' school. This is what liberalism gets you, people. Wake up.

Location hidden

#78667 Jan 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Jess was posting about a while ago. They have the same thing at her boys' school. This is what liberalism gets you, people. Wake up.
And there you go again.

LIke no conservatives are running schools, and when they do, they're perfect.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78668 Jan 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good thing you don't label.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78669 Jan 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You give the impression that any issue is either a democratic issue or a republic issue to you.

Location hidden

#78670 Jan 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for making me cry at work. Again!
You will pay...
Wasn't that sweet? What good kids!!!

Location hidden

#78671 Jan 16, 2013
Of course, those kind little boys obviously come from Republican households; not democrat is capable of raising children like that.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#78672 Jan 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
We talked about this on my free range parenting site. Here's Lenore on CNN. She always says it much better than me.

http://schoolsofthought.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01...
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78673 Jan 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You give the impression that any issue is either a democratic issue or a republic issue to you.
When you've got a small mind, it saves strain on the brain if you just follow pre-determined labels and perceptions instead of actually exercising independent thought and reason. Of course, I'm not sure his thought and reason would be any better, but at least it would be a sign that he's trying.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78674 Jan 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Of course, those kind little boys obviously come from Republican households; not democrat is capable of raising children like that.
Well duh.

Location hidden

#78675 Jan 16, 2013
has everyone here seen Fight Club? A must-see movie, even for me, who won't watch violent movies or movies like Rocky (I hate physical fighting/boxing).

Nick hasn't seen it, so I am getting it from a coworker to watch Saturday night. Unless he drags me to the Hobbit.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#78676 Jan 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you go again.
LIke no conservatives are running schools, and when they do, they're perfect.
There YOU go again. Every time I point out a fundamental flaw with your idealisms, you say "but but but, Republicans aren't perfect!" Number one, I never said they were, number two, nice solid argument you've got there.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#78677 Jan 16, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good thing you don't label.
How is that labeling?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#78678 Jan 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
has everyone here seen Fight Club? A must-see movie, even for me, who won't watch violent movies or movies like Rocky (I hate physical fighting/boxing).
Nick hasn't seen it, so I am getting it from a coworker to watch Saturday night. Unless he drags me to the Hobbit.
Yep, I love that movie.

Really not enthused to see The Hobbit, at least until I can watch it at home. Can't stand the prospect of sitting in a theater for 3 hours for something that I may or may not enjoy.

I *did* go see Django Unchained, though. Almost 3 hours long, but did not disappoint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Tony Rome 1,110,351
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min truth-facts 46,666
Amy 9-18 34 min Kuuipo 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Loser GOP 178,052
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 49,838
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 2 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 2 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
Amy 9-16 2 hr ralph 58
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE