Comments
77,601 - 77,620 of 97,929 Comments Last updated 46 min ago

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78639 Jan 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
True. My friend is 34, and the woman he's had 5-6 dates with and he are friends on FB. No way would I do that.
I *met* J on MySpace. I think "friending" kind of worked the same way on there, no? But another guy I met on there and briefly dated, I blocked him the second it went south.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78640 Jan 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Hah! I did that! I have a fake page with no content on it. I took a picture of a celebrity off the web, entered an obviously fake set of personal details, and started friending people.
I stocked the pond by friending some local celbrities so it looked like I had some friends. Then I started adding people from HS and college and then random people that would show up on the "you might know" list. I log in every few weeks just to see and to try adding more friends. I think I have like 50 friends. Some people have even sent me a friend request first.
That is exactly what J did/does. Then he trolls. His first account, he was a hot chick (random innanet girl) and "she" got up to about 900 friends. Facebook shut that one down when people started complaining. New profile is a guy and doesn't have as many friends.

People are just that dumb. They'll see that they have 10 friends in common with him and friend him. Like, "I must know him from somewhere..."

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78641 Jan 15, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I *met* J on MySpace. I think "friending" kind of worked the same way on there, no? But another guy I met on there and briefly dated, I blocked him the second it went south.
I would be open to friending someone I had gone on 5 or 6 dates with. As you say, you can dink them from your friends list if things go south.

I would be annoyed if she was posting stuff to me all the time. I don't post much on there. My buddy was dating this crazy beyatch who was blowing up his wall and getting into fights and arguments with other women on his wall. It was so funny to observe, but Bambi and I were thinking, why is he dating someone like this. Fortunately, it didn't last.
Icon Clicker

Greensboro, NC

#78642 Jan 15, 2013
Duh, du, du, du, duh!

<drools>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78643 Jan 15, 2013
This is why I do not get into FB all that much. That "friending" business beyond those that you actually know is silly.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78644 Jan 15, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be open to friending someone I had gone on 5 or 6 dates with. As you say, you can dink them from your friends list if things go south.
I would be annoyed if she was posting stuff to me all the time. I don't post much on there. My buddy was dating this crazy beyatch who was blowing up his wall and getting into fights and arguments with other women on his wall. It was so funny to observe, but Bambi and I were thinking, why is he dating someone like this. Fortunately, it didn't last.
So it's good she was friends with him on FB, so her crazy was public and she couldn't hide it!

Location hidden

#78645 Jan 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
This is why I do not get into FB all that much. That "friending" business beyond those that you actually know is silly.
I accepted all kinds of friend requests when I was new to FB -- mostly, former coworkers and HS friends. I've since gone through and deleted a lot. AS in, "Oh, after we became FB friends, we never talked, so after two years, I'm cleaning this up a bit."

I wish FB would make it easier to delete friends. It's three clicks per friend now.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78646 Jan 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's good she was friends with him on FB, so her crazy was public and she couldn't hide it!
Oh, we all got to see it first hand too...

We went out as a group one night and had a few drinks at my place before we left. She broke a glass (no big deal), but kept going on and on about how sorry she was ... to the point where it was annoying.

Then while we were out she for some inexplicable reason clawed my other buddy in the back ... so hard that it left scratch marks on him through his shirt. Guys wife, who was with us, was pissizzed. Just weird, that one.

We are kind of a close group ... we all ride together and go to the lake together ... go down to Myrtle together ... go out on the town and try to meet up about once a month for dinner. After that, we were all telling him he needs to lose that chick. It lasted a little longer as a booty call before he finally kicked her to the curb.

I must say, tho, that the facebook stuff was f'ing hilarious for me and Bambi. So bizarre.

Location hidden

#78647 Jan 15, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
After that, we were all telling him he needs to lose that chick. It lasted a little longer as a booty call before he finally kicked her to the curb.
That's what friends should do, IMHO. Be the voice of reason when you're thinking with your crotch.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#78648 Jan 15, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, after 5-6 dates, sure. But not after zero dates.
:)

Location hidden

#78649 Jan 15, 2013
FWIW, if you read that story about the boy in Indiana who was abducted by his grandparents and he's been found 19 years later in Minnesota, please know that what you've read probably is wrong and misleading. The stories I've seen in non-Minnesota newspapers have been inaccurate and paint the grandparents as saints and the mother as a homeless person living in her car.(Something she did do for *three days* while waiting for housing to open up.)

AFter she got back on her feet and got an apartment, the courts said she deserved to work on getting her son back full time (she had him on weekends so she could focus on employment), and that's when the grandparents took off.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#78650 Jan 15, 2013
This is what her lawyer is saying, there is no proof of any of that yet.
I also read she is mildly retarded (other words used).
Much to this story, and I am favoring nobody.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
FWIW, if you read that story about the boy in Indiana who was abducted by his grandparents and he's been found 19 years later in Minnesota, please know that what you've read probably is wrong and misleading. The stories I've seen in non-Minnesota newspapers have been inaccurate and paint the grandparents as saints and the mother as a homeless person living in her car.(Something she did do for *three days* while waiting for housing to open up.)
AFter she got back on her feet and got an apartment, the courts said she deserved to work on getting her son back full time (she had him on weekends so she could focus on employment), and that's when the grandparents took off.

Location hidden

#78651 Jan 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
This is what her lawyer is saying, there is no proof of any of that yet.
I also read she is mildly retarded (other words used).
Much to this story, and I am favoring nobody.
<quoted text>
Not just her lawyer, but the cops involved as well.

I would prefer that the grandparents be sent to prison until they die.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78652 Jan 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just her lawyer, but the cops involved as well.
I would prefer that the grandparents be sent to prison until they die.
Chicago papers were saying that the boys father was not in the picture. That presumably would be the grandparents son.
It would be awfully hard to hide 19 years when they were able to track the boy through his social security number, which means someone knew the number.
Separate and apart from the grandparents actions, it doesn't sound like anyone was looking for the kid too hard.

FYI, if you know someone's SS# and have a valid reason to search for them, you can send a letter to the IRS who will send a letter to the last employer who shows wages paid in on that number and tell the "lost " person someone is looking for him.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78653 Jan 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
There are three sides to every story.
Only one is the truth.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78654 Jan 15, 2013
Sweet. So I've got a Sony smart tv wirlessly connected to my home network. There's all sorts of apps on it, but nothing tat I use too much. You tube is one of them. I rarely use t cause its kind of cumbesome navigating with th remote control. Just stated playing with the playlist feture on the youtube web site. I add a video to my playlist and can pull the lst up on the tv.

Woo hoo! Watching a Pearl Jam live concert film dvd on my tv thru youtube.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78655 Jan 16, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78656 Jan 16, 2013
Thanks Dog

Location hidden

#78657 Jan 16, 2013
Speaking of videos, google "Thrift shop" and watch the video. AWEsome. stuff.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78658 Jan 16, 2013
the world gets dumber and dumber every day.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/pare...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TSM 1,100,072
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min Frijoles 68,966
Amy 8-29 26 min Kuuipo 13
VIDEO: Nuclear Putin Says Donít Mess With Russia 42 min Infowars 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min SpaceBlues 46,307
The LIE behind the LYNCH MOB 1 hr Balance or article 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,366
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••