Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I think he's just not THAT interested. Curious enough to try the FB thing but not into it enough to make actual contact (text or call) to make plans, etc.
That movie was on yesterday afternoon. He's Just Not That Into You.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Are you making lots of new friends at frat parties or something?
I'm gonna have to agree with this.

Come on, Jammer, you seem to post a lot about your girlfriends getting drunk and doing stupid things and going home with random men, or plain ol juvenile drama. What kind of people are you hanging around with?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Jammer, you seem to post a lot about your girlfriends getting drunk and doing stupid things and going home with random men, or plain ol juvenile drama. What kind of people are you hanging around with?
A lot of women/girls in their 20s seem to do this sort of thing if they don't have a specific BF. It's sort of like getting it out of your system before your settle down. Guys are the only ones that do this stuff.

There's a lot of women/girls in their 20s who don't do this -- but I don't think it's uncommon nor do I think these girls are necessarily juvenile.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Oops. That's "Guys areN'T the only ones that do this stuff".

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Give me a break, I'm having a mid-life crisis here.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Since: Aug 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
Hey, Icon Clicking dummies ... check this out:
Obama quote from 2006 when he voted against raising the debt ceiling:
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure....(snip)
I think it is only fitting that we should call him "Buck Stops Here, Obama" Wouldn't you agree?
Obama admitted he was being naive at the time, so yeah... I'd call him "Buck Obama". The other difference is we weren't struggling to get out of a recession in 2006.

Obama, from a 2011 ABC interview:
"I think that itís important to understand the vantage point of a Senator versus the vantage point of a President. When youíre a Senator, traditionally whatís happened is this is always a lousy vote. Nobody likes to be tagged as having increased the debt limit for the United States by a trillion dollarsÖ As President, you start realizing, "You know what? WeĖ we canít play around with this stuff. This is the full faith in credit of the United States." And so that was just a example of a new Senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country. And Iím the first one to acknowledge it."

Throwing dueling quotes won't change the fact that a sudden pull back on government spending is likely to kill any recovery we have. We need long term deficit reduction & it needs to include military spending as well as domestic programs. It also needs to include more revenue. Spending is high as percentage of GDP, but revenue is at a post WWII low as a percentage of GDP. Obama has said as much. The Tea Party is in denial about the cost of having a nation worth being a citizen of.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought those were the kind of women you like... or is it only ok when they go home with YOU??

(Good to see you, Dog.)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Your hoping the kind you can bag?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)
What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?
I'd say if this is a guy over the age of 25, he's not really available or has serious social issues.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>For many years my downstairs neighbor was a woman of my age who had lived in Israel and served in the military. She could take apart , clean and reassemble her automatic weapon in something like 2 minutes ( can't remeber - did the Israelis use AK 47's?). It was really cool to watch. She also had a German Shepard who was nice to the people in the building ( 6 flat) but a good watch dog. None of this prevented my next door neighbor ( other apartment on the 3rd floor) from being mugged carrying groceries in from the garage to the back porch steps.
I think the Uzi was the standard IDF weapon back in the day. AK-47s are Russian design, usually made in Russia or former Soviet block nations.

Hope your neighbor wasn't too shaken up.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Hey gang, nice to see some of the old 'regs' still here. It's been a busy year for me, so not much time for posting... I'll try not to be a total stranger.

I hope everyone is as healthy & happy as they can be.

Cheers!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Uncle_Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Uzi was the standard IDF weapon back in the day. AK-47s are Russian design, usually made in Russia or former Soviet block nations.
Hope your neighbor wasn't too shaken up.
It was kind of like staring at a snake: fascinating and dangerous.

You are probably right that it was a Uzi. This all happenes in like 1982.

Thanks for stopping by. When you get a sec', bring us up to date.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

(Waves back)
Wassup dude?
Uncle_Joe wrote:
Hey gang, nice to see some of the old 'regs' still here. It's been a busy year for me, so not much time for posting... I'll try not to be a total stranger.
I hope everyone is as healthy & happy as they can be.
Cheers!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)
What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?
I don't see it as any kind of red flag. I think a lt of people tend to add anyone they've ever met as a friend and think nothing of it. I've had friends of my sister try to add me. People who I barely remember meeting years ago. I see my sister as a shared frind and hav to ask her who the f this is. I ignore them, but this guy could be like that.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
but I would have just called her.
Called her? You know how many people avoid the phone(for calls) at all costs nowadays and text instead.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has one. Sort of as a social experiment. To see how many people would friend someone they didn't know. A lot of people will.
Hah! I did that! I have a fake page with no content on it. I took a picture of a celebrity off the web, entered an obviously fake set of personal details, and started friending people.

I stocked the pond by friending some local celbrities so it looked like I had some friends. Then I started adding people from HS and college and then random people that would show up on the "you might know" list. I log in every few weeks just to see and to try adding more friends. I think I have like 50 friends. Some people have even sent me a friend request first.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Or he could be in the CIA. Or in the Witness Protection Program. Or a contract killer.
;)
If he's not married or something else (CIA...witness protection...) then it might be that he is just more comfortable getting to know her via FB. <shrug> Or he's just not *that* into her. Or it could have been Extrovert via alcohol who likes her but isn't that comfortable when sober, but still would like to get to know her and FB is a sort of middle ground.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
;)
I think he's socially stunted, 20 , or both.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's socially stunted, 20 , or both.
I think its easy for us to judge because its not how we would conduct ourselves. But it could be his social circle's norm.

Kinda like the grandma having lunch with the grandkid and thinking the kid is completely rude for texting while they are having lunch as compared with the kid having lunch with one of his peers and doing the same thing, yet the friend thinks nothing of it cause the friend is doing the same thing. Just the way they roll.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Nick reads a lot -- a minimum of half an hour every night, even with kids and a usy schedule.

It now comes sometimes before sex. because after sex, we either talk for a while (him mostly) or we go to sleep, and he loses out on reading time (he almost always reads in bed rather than elsewhere).

As a result, he reads words that he never hears people use in real life, and he mispronounces them. I try to fix only the ones I think would be the most embarrassing or the ones he's most likely to say to someone other than me.

This weekend he said "meh-meh" instead of "meem" (for meme). I didn't correct it. I'm gonna just let him say words whatever the way he wants unless it annoys me rather than finding it cute.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,066
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr XYZ 1,083,049
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr NITiN 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Subliminal 45,866
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 4 hr hands on AR 7
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr raphael 3,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr HughBe 68,430
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE