Comments
77,561 - 77,580 of 97,774 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Since: Aug 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78598
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna have to agree with this.
Come on, Jammer, you seem to post a lot about your girlfriends getting drunk and doing stupid things and going home with random men, or plain ol juvenile drama. What kind of people are you hanging around with?
I thought those were the kind of women you like... or is it only ok when they go home with YOU??

(Good to see you, Dog.)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78599
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Your hoping the kind you can bag?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna have to agree with this.
Come on, Jammer, you seem to post a lot about your girlfriends getting drunk and doing stupid things and going home with random men, or plain ol juvenile drama. What kind of people are you hanging around with?

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Since: Aug 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78600
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

j_m_w wrote:
Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)
What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?
I'd say if this is a guy over the age of 25, he's not really available or has serious social issues.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Since: Aug 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78601
Jan 14, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>For many years my downstairs neighbor was a woman of my age who had lived in Israel and served in the military. She could take apart , clean and reassemble her automatic weapon in something like 2 minutes ( can't remeber - did the Israelis use AK 47's?). It was really cool to watch. She also had a German Shepard who was nice to the people in the building ( 6 flat) but a good watch dog. None of this prevented my next door neighbor ( other apartment on the 3rd floor) from being mugged carrying groceries in from the garage to the back porch steps.
I think the Uzi was the standard IDF weapon back in the day. AK-47s are Russian design, usually made in Russia or former Soviet block nations.

Hope your neighbor wasn't too shaken up.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Since: Aug 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78602
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Hey gang, nice to see some of the old 'regs' still here. It's been a busy year for me, so not much time for posting... I'll try not to be a total stranger.

I hope everyone is as healthy & happy as they can be.

Cheers!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78603
Jan 14, 2013
 
Uncle_Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Uzi was the standard IDF weapon back in the day. AK-47s are Russian design, usually made in Russia or former Soviet block nations.
Hope your neighbor wasn't too shaken up.
It was kind of like staring at a snake: fascinating and dangerous.

You are probably right that it was a Uzi. This all happenes in like 1982.

Thanks for stopping by. When you get a sec', bring us up to date.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78604
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

(Waves back)
Wassup dude?
Uncle_Joe wrote:
Hey gang, nice to see some of the old 'regs' still here. It's been a busy year for me, so not much time for posting... I'll try not to be a total stranger.
I hope everyone is as healthy & happy as they can be.
Cheers!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78605
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

j_m_w wrote:
Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)
What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?
I don't see it as any kind of red flag. I think a lt of people tend to add anyone they've ever met as a friend and think nothing of it. I've had friends of my sister try to add me. People who I barely remember meeting years ago. I see my sister as a shared frind and hav to ask her who the f this is. I ignore them, but this guy could be like that.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78606
Jan 14, 2013
 
Sublime1 wrote:
but I would have just called her.
Called her? You know how many people avoid the phone(for calls) at all costs nowadays and text instead.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78607
Jan 14, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has one. Sort of as a social experiment. To see how many people would friend someone they didn't know. A lot of people will.
Hah! I did that! I have a fake page with no content on it. I took a picture of a celebrity off the web, entered an obviously fake set of personal details, and started friending people.

I stocked the pond by friending some local celbrities so it looked like I had some friends. Then I started adding people from HS and college and then random people that would show up on the "you might know" list. I log in every few weeks just to see and to try adding more friends. I think I have like 50 friends. Some people have even sent me a friend request first.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78609
Jan 14, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Or he could be in the CIA. Or in the Witness Protection Program. Or a contract killer.
;)
If he's not married or something else (CIA...witness protection...) then it might be that he is just more comfortable getting to know her via FB. <shrug> Or he's just not *that* into her. Or it could have been Extrovert via alcohol who likes her but isn't that comfortable when sober, but still would like to get to know her and FB is a sort of middle ground.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78608
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

j_m_w wrote:
Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)
What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?
I think he's socially stunted, 20 , or both.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78611
Jan 14, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's socially stunted, 20 , or both.
I think its easy for us to judge because its not how we would conduct ourselves. But it could be his social circle's norm.

Kinda like the grandma having lunch with the grandkid and thinking the kid is completely rude for texting while they are having lunch as compared with the kid having lunch with one of his peers and doing the same thing, yet the friend thinks nothing of it cause the friend is doing the same thing. Just the way they roll.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78612
Jan 14, 2013
 
Nick reads a lot -- a minimum of half an hour every night, even with kids and a usy schedule.

It now comes sometimes before sex. because after sex, we either talk for a while (him mostly) or we go to sleep, and he loses out on reading time (he almost always reads in bed rather than elsewhere).

As a result, he reads words that he never hears people use in real life, and he mispronounces them. I try to fix only the ones I think would be the most embarrassing or the ones he's most likely to say to someone other than me.

This weekend he said "meh-meh" instead of "meem" (for meme). I didn't correct it. I'm gonna just let him say words whatever the way he wants unless it annoys me rather than finding it cute.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78613
Jan 14, 2013
 
By the way, I didn't know what "dookie" meant. Then I watched tosh.0 and saw "cannonball dookie."

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78614
Jan 14, 2013
 
Uncle_Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought those were the kind of women you like... or is it only ok when they go home with YOU??
(Good to see you, Dog.)
Hey, I never said it was okay, just that I'm grateful.

And I don't turn the 20somethings heads anymore. I'm lucky to get the 40 or 50+ yo cigarette hags.

Maybe Jam should hang around people her own age and mentality level?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78615
Jan 14, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I think its easy for us to judge because its not how we would conduct ourselves. But it could be his social circle's norm.
Kinda like the grandma having lunch with the grandkid and thinking the kid is completely rude for texting while they are having lunch as compared with the kid having lunch with one of his peers and doing the same thing, yet the friend thinks nothing of it cause the friend is doing the same thing. Just the way they roll.
True. My friend is 34, and the woman he's had 5-6 dates with and he are friends on FB. No way would I do that.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78616
Jan 14, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
This weekend he said "meh-meh" instead of "meem" (for meme). I didn't correct it. I'm gonna just let him say words whatever the way he wants unless it annoys me rather than finding it cute.
I had no idea that was how it was prnounced.

There have been some doozies that I have flubbed that way over the years . Epitome comes to mind but there are others that I have blanked out.

BTW, I read the same way Nick does. If he is collecting words, try The New Yorker. And the cartoons are really funny, too.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78617
Jan 14, 2013
 
As much as you guys rag on my man Stephen, I have learned more words reading his work than anywhere else.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea that was how it was prnounced.
There have been some doozies that I have flubbed that way over the years . Epitome comes to mind but there are others that I have blanked out.
BTW, I read the same way Nick does. If he is collecting words, try The New Yorker. And the cartoons are really funny, too.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78618
Jan 14, 2013
 
Tales from the Python Challenge.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/12/3179250...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••