Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

That would not surprise me at all.
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
This is crazy. I wouldn't use one of them if someone gave it to me, because they are so unreliable and are almost guaranteed to jam. You are far better off with multiple clips that hold fewer rounds. The 100-round drum may look bad-azz, but are more likely to get you killed. Keep 'em legal, and let the idiots waste their money on them.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have something in common with the icon clickers. Do you say "duh" a lot too?
Nah. I just stare out the window and drool all over myself.
Icon Clicker

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have something in common with the icon clickers. Do you say "duh" a lot too?
im knot dum Sublime

i duh duh no a lott of werds two

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Nah. I just stare out the window and drool all over myself.
The icon clickers made a sport out of that!

:D

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
So it is like pulling teeth to have to try to walk the computer illiterate thru a process over the phone. You can't see the screen and have no idea if they are actually doing what you are telling them to do. Walking my mom thru stuff when she's sitting next to me is easy. But when the rubber hitsthe road and she is at her house, big fail. Tried last night and have no idea what she was doing, but I know she was not doing what I told her cause the expected outcome was not happening.
Solution: I found a program that records my computer screen and my voice. I made a few how to videos showing her how to perform a few simple tasks. Maybe by having those to refer to as much as she wants, the concepts will sink in and she can combine some of those tasks and get some stuff done.
I have an ex who would (with my cooperation) hack into my computer from his place to fix/do stuff for me without having to drive over to fix an easy (for him) problem. But then when I got better/faster internet, there was a firewall that kept him from being able to do that. But it ws a nice perk! Sometimes, when I didn't want to be on my computer all weekend due to oblig;ations, I'd have him hack in on a Friday night and change my log-in password. THen Sunday night, he'd hack back in and change it back for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> So someone judged this mean and incendiary? Really? How so?
Andt his post of yours was mean and clueless!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Icon Clicking dummies ... check this out:

Obama quote from 2006 when he voted against raising the debt ceiling:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.... Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem."

It's just amazing that once he gets into office that America no longer has a debt problem and how raising the debt limit is no longer a sign of failed leadership (actually in his defense it's hard to fail at leading when you don't even try to lead), no longer weakens us domestically and internationally, and longer shifts the burden of bad choices today onto the back sof our children and grandchildren.

I think it is only fitting that we should call him "Buck Stops Here, Obama" Wouldn't you agree?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<Sticks fingers in ears>
My Guns!
My Guns!
My Guns!

Sublime1 wrote:
Hey, Icon Clicking dummies ... check this out:
Obama quote from 2006 when he voted against raising the debt ceiling:
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.... Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem."
It's just amazing that once he gets into office that America no longer has a debt problem and how raising the debt limit is no longer a sign of failed leadership (actually in his defense it's hard to fail at leading when you don't even try to lead), no longer weakens us domestically and internationally, and longer shifts the burden of bad choices today onto the back sof our children and grandchildren.
I think it is only fitting that we should call him "Buck Stops Here, Obama" Wouldn't you agree?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No waivers. No deferments. You turn 18, you serve your country for 2 years.
I don't want to get into this, mainly because I'm way too busy with other stuff right now, and I actually kinda like the idea, but... Wouldn't this be unconstitutional? I think it violates the "liberty" part of "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" thing. <shrug> Just a thought.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to get into this, mainly because I'm way too busy with other stuff right now, and I actually kinda like the idea, but... Wouldn't this be unconstitutional? I think it violates the "liberty" part of "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" thing. <shrug> Just a thought.
Nothing int he Constitution says we CAN'T do it, eh? ;)

Israel doesn't require military service, i don't think -- you can do the military, but there's a civic service option (or noncombat military) for those who don't want military duty.

But I like Israel's stance on women in combat: WHy not? They're no more special than men, so why protect them?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. We don't currently have a draft, but men are still supposed to register for selective service and COULD be drafted. I don't see this as any different. It would have to be passed by Congress, and I know it wouldn't be...I'm just saying it would be a good thing, that's all.
And "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" isn't in the Constitution. It's from the Declaration of Independence.
It would definitely never happen the way I suggested it...even if most people thought it was a good idea, it would never pass with the no deferment, no waiver thing. Even if every member of Congress agreed that everyone else should be actively involved, they would never sign off on the idea without a waiver for their own family and friends.
I would like to see this, but I know I never will.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. We don't currently have a draft, but men are still supposed to register for selective service and COULD be drafted. I don't see this as any different. It would have to be passed by Congress, and I know it wouldn't be...I'm just saying it would be a good thing, that's all.
Men turning 18 have to register for the SS or lose out on LOTS of college funding.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel doesn't require military service, i don't think -- you can do the military, but there's a civic service option (or noncombat military) for those who don't want military duty.
But I like Israel's stance on women in combat: WHy not? They're no more special than men, so why protect them?
No, I think they have the draft. It's required. Deaf and hard of hearing people even have to serve.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have read, everyone in Isreal is a potential conscript, but only about half end up actually serving, due to various reasons, including health, religion, and criminal records.
Modern warfare doesn't really have the same designated battle zones of the past, and women end up in combat situations all the time. Our restrictions against that are outdated, and need to be removed. We don't need a protected status, and we deal with the environment just as good, or bad, as men do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Men turning 18 have to register for the SS or lose out on LOTS of college funding.
Also required to be considered for federal jobs.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>

And "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" isn't in the Constitution. It's from the Declaration of Independence.
/forehead slap

I knew that. LOL Good catch.

I still think it's likely unconstitutional. I'm not sure how they justify a draft (when there is a draft that is) but then again I don't really care right now. Just listening to my teacher drone on and on and I'm finding you guys more entertaining.:D

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
For many years my downstairs neighbor was a woman of my age who had lived in Israel and served in the military. She could take apart , clean and reassemble her automatic weapon in something like 2 minutes ( can't remeber - did the Israelis use AK 47's?). It was really cool to watch. She also had a German Shepard who was nice to the people in the building ( 6 flat) but a good watch dog. None of this prevented my next door neighbor ( other apartment on the 3rd floor) from being mugged carrying groceries in from the garage to the back porch steps.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<Sticks fingers in ears>
My Guns!
My Guns!
My Guns!
<quoted text>
Have no fear, Race. Buck Stops Here, Obama is here.

The two top things on Buck Stops Here, Barack's agenda for the second term, are immigration (he has to reward Hispanics for voting for him in mass by at least trying to grant illegals amnesty so that 12-20 million illegal foreign nationals will be eligible for free Obamacare an all sorts of other entitlements on taxpayer's dimes ... more people on entitlements are just what we need ... they have helped lift so many out of poverty and put so many on the pathway to success ... that is why a black person is 6 times more likely than a white person to be on welfare ... it's done so much for them and helped lift them up) and gun control.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

It's actually not quite six times. It's somewhere between 5 and 6 times more likely.

It just warms my heart to see us helping folks. It really makes a difference.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)

What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,541 - 77,560 of96,137
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Official Ashley Tisdale Chat Room (Sep '07) 6 min Justin Bieber 1,837
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min fetch almighty 1,034,209
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Chicagobunny 47,070
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 13 min Hatti_Hollerand 229
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 14 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Poppo 167,625
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Mothra 43,007
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]