Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no fear, Race. Buck Stops Here, Obama is here.
The two top things on Buck Stops Here, Barack's agenda for the second term, are immigration (he has to reward Hispanics for voting for him in mass by at least trying to grant illegals amnesty so that 12-20 million illegal foreign nationals will be eligible for free Obamacare an all sorts of other entitlements on taxpayer's dimes ... more people on entitlements are just what we need ... they have helped lift so many out of poverty and put so many on the pathway to success ... that is why a black person is 6 times more likely than a white person to be on welfare ... it's done so much for them and helped lift them up) and gun control.
People don't realize that Obama has deported more illegals in four years than Bush did in eight. Many Mexicans were opposed to Obama for this reason. That's why he illegally granted clemency to about eight million of them to win them back over.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Not shy.

Wouldn't a married person *avoid* facebook in this situation?

I feel like it's very research-y and kind of a cop-out compared to calling or texting or something.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't realize that Obama has deported more illegals in four years than Bush did in eight. Many Mexicans were opposed to Obama for this reason. That's why he illegally granted clemency to about eight million of them to win them back over.
I did know that. I commend him for that.

He's made a lot of mistakes (I was actually listening to NPR this afternoon on the way back from lifting and they were discussing his 1st term and how since he didn't have much experience before being President that he made quite a few mistakes and has had to do A LOT of learning on the job ... translation he had a pretty bad 1st term), but not everything he has done has been bad ... A LOT, yes.

I'm actually somewhat sympathetic towards kids who were brought over here too, but there needs to be some accountability to taxpayers. If you are likely to be on welfare, you shouldn't be granted citizenship.

Most nations embrace this concept ... it's one thing you have to show before you can be eligible for citizenship, but not in the United States of Stupidity, where our liberals are even more dumb and bleeding heart than other nation's liberals, seemingly.

If we can send the bill to Mexico to pay for any entitlements these folks receive (good luck with that) or there is some mechanism to prevent citizenship from being granted to those who are likely to be a drain on our entitlements, as far as I'm concerned, I have no problem with amnesty, provided at the same time they actually do something about illegal immigration and do something to stop it.

If they aren't going to stop it and just grant amnesty, there is no point in doing it as we will face the same problem in 20 years.

Whatever happens, we really can't afford to provide Obamacare and a myriad of entitlements to 12-20 illegals, all the while, while they send half their pay checks back to Mexico or where ever. That's just being real and honest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Not shy.
I feel like it's very research-y and kind of a cop-out compared to calling or texting or something.
He could be shy, JMW. Some people become a lot more outgoing when they drink and do things they normally wouldn't do. Trust me. I've never been groped at the grocery store or DMV or the gym, but at the bar, um yeah. I also tend to be more friendly with the ladies and let my guard down a bit when I am drinking. I presume a lot of men are no different.

It also does seem very research-y, too. What the end game is, tho, I'm just not sure what it means, but it is odd.

Where do your friends find these guys, lol? Sheesh. Do they frequent bars near group homes? Aren't there any normal single men in FL?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Not shy.
What if he gave her a fake name and is using a fake account? Wouldn't that be perfect for someone who is married and on the DL?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Question. Has nothing to do with guns, serving in the military, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence.
;)
Yessss!
j_m_w wrote:
What do you all think of a guy who spends an evening flirting with a girl in a bar and then, in spite of having other potential ways to contact her, Facebook friend-requests her?
I don't think it's that weird. Maybe not the best way to go about things, but *shrug*. I realized that most of my newer friends, like from hockey, I don't have their phone numbers at all. If I need to reach them, I FB message them.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could be shy, JMW. Some people become a lot more outgoing when they drink and do things they normally wouldn't do. Trust me. I've never been groped at the grocery store or DMV or the gym, but at the bar, um yeah. I also tend to be more friendly with the ladies and let my guard down a bit when I am drinking. I presume a lot of men are no different.
It also does seem very research-y, too. What the end game is, tho, I'm just not sure what it means, but it is odd.
Where do your friends find these guys, lol? Sheesh. Do they frequent bars near group homes? Aren't there any normal single men in FL?
Ha! The part about the grocery store and the DMV made me laugh. Good point.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yessss!
<quoted text>
I don't think it's that weird. Maybe not the best way to go about things, but *shrug*. I realized that most of my newer friends, like from hockey, I don't have their phone numbers at all. If I need to reach them, I FB message them.
But if you have the person's #....

Eh. I don't think it's necessarily creepy, but I don't think it's optimum.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What if he gave her a fake name and is using a fake account? Wouldn't that be perfect for someone who is married and on the DL?
Sure. Or he could be in the CIA. Or in the Witness Protection Program. Or a contract killer.

;)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

He's most likely shy, jmw -- but there is that possibility of the fake name/fake FB page. Smaller chance for that, but still. Sometimes people shock me. I'd never gave the patience to do a fake FB page. I wouldn't spend time on stupid stuff like that. Some people would, though.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I think he's just not THAT interested. Curious enough to try the FB thing but not into it enough to make actual contact (text or call) to make plans, etc.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Toj wrote:
He's most likely shy, jmw -- but there is that possibility of the fake name/fake FB page. Smaller chance for that, but still. Sometimes people shock me. I'd never gave the patience to do a fake FB page. I wouldn't spend time on stupid stuff like that. Some people would, though.
My husband has one. Sort of as a social experiment. To see how many people would friend someone they didn't know. A lot of people will.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Anyway, want to hear what else happened this weekend?

A friend of mine (A's roommate C) went to a bachelorette party on Saturday night, met a guy, and disappeared with him. No one heard from her until last night around 9; the b-party girls had already contacted the police and after A called me (around 7:15), I started calling hospitals. Good times. She's okay in terms of not mugged, raped or murdered, but she sure made some bad decisions.

I can't take this. I want my normal, boring life back.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Anyway, want to hear what else happened this weekend?
A friend of mine (A's roommate C) went to a bachelorette party on Saturday night, met a guy, and disappeared with him. No one heard from her until last night around 9; the b-party girls had already contacted the police and after A called me (around 7:15), I started calling hospitals. Good times. She's okay in terms of not mugged, raped or murdered, but she sure made some bad decisions.
I can't take this. I want my normal, boring life back.
Are you making lots of new friends at frat parties or something?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I think he's just not THAT interested. Curious enough to try the FB thing but not into it enough to make actual contact (text or call) to make plans, etc.
That movie was on yesterday afternoon. He's Just Not That Into You.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Are you making lots of new friends at frat parties or something?
I'm gonna have to agree with this.

Come on, Jammer, you seem to post a lot about your girlfriends getting drunk and doing stupid things and going home with random men, or plain ol juvenile drama. What kind of people are you hanging around with?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna have to agree with this.
Come on, Jammer, you seem to post a lot about your girlfriends getting drunk and doing stupid things and going home with random men, or plain ol juvenile drama. What kind of people are you hanging around with?
A lot of women/girls in their 20s seem to do this sort of thing if they don't have a specific BF. It's sort of like getting it out of your system before your settle down. Guys are the only ones that do this stuff.

There's a lot of women/girls in their 20s who don't do this -- but I don't think it's uncommon nor do I think these girls are necessarily juvenile.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Oops. That's "Guys areN'T the only ones that do this stuff".

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Give me a break, I'm having a mid-life crisis here.

“Your Favorite Uncle!”

Since: Aug 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
Hey, Icon Clicking dummies ... check this out:
Obama quote from 2006 when he voted against raising the debt ceiling:
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure....(snip)
I think it is only fitting that we should call him "Buck Stops Here, Obama" Wouldn't you agree?
Obama admitted he was being naive at the time, so yeah... I'd call him "Buck Obama". The other difference is we weren't struggling to get out of a recession in 2006.

Obama, from a 2011 ABC interview:
"I think that itís important to understand the vantage point of a Senator versus the vantage point of a President. When youíre a Senator, traditionally whatís happened is this is always a lousy vote. Nobody likes to be tagged as having increased the debt limit for the United States by a trillion dollarsÖ As President, you start realizing, "You know what? WeĖ we canít play around with this stuff. This is the full faith in credit of the United States." And so that was just a example of a new Senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country. And Iím the first one to acknowledge it."

Throwing dueling quotes won't change the fact that a sudden pull back on government spending is likely to kill any recovery we have. We need long term deficit reduction & it needs to include military spending as well as domestic programs. It also needs to include more revenue. Spending is high as percentage of GDP, but revenue is at a post WWII low as a percentage of GDP. Obama has said as much. The Tea Party is in denial about the cost of having a nation worth being a citizen of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••