Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other ways of serving your country; teaching, social work, nursing. I'm too feverish to make a cogent argument, but I think that in general we take this country for granted.
I don't take my country for granted yet I have no plans to join the military. People who do not join the military are not necessarily unpatriotic. There are many reasons why people do not join the military.

Once again, you want to lower the standards of who joins the military just so people get proper gun training.

As for serving your country, you don't have to be in the miiltary to do so. There are many charitable organizations who serve the people of this country with pride and honor that are not part of the military.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Squishy -- There should be a question mark at the end of my second paragraph to you -- it wasn't a statement but a question.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Toj wrote:
Illinois is the only one that makes you get a FOID card? If true, that should be one of the things changed right there.
I agree. Illinois should be forced to do away with that law.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Maybe your being intentionally obtuse, maybe not...
it was asked how we can give every citizen competent firearm training, so I suggested the very environment you advocated as being the best at this type of training.

I am not saying every citizen at this moment, I meant enacting a system where every citizen must serve a 2 yr stint in the service some time between the ages of 18 to 25. I am not advocating any type of punishment if people dont do this, your intentionally putting words in my mouth. If such a system were enacted, then eventually, all our citizens will have competent firearm training.

And you still have not replied as to why schools should not have firearm training. I would really like it if you would elaborate on that.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that you would advocate everyone would have to serve in the military
Are you advocating now that those standards to enter into the military should be lowered?
In order to stay in the military, you get tested physically (and probably emotionally -- but I don't know if you do get psychologically tested twice a year).
So, are you are in the military in order to keep your guns do you need to still keeps those standards?
Also, what do you do about the people who cannot join who have others to care for? Are they not allowed to also own a gun? Is that what you are saying?
It sounds all nice to waive the patriotic flag and to dis people who have weight issues (I personally do not but a lot of people do), but these are real issues.
Who pays to train people in the miltary? If you have everyone serve, how do you do pay for it?
I don't see it workable.
So anyone with a big fat beer belly who could not run at full speed for four blocks couldn't have a gun. Is that what you are saying?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

And in other news....

I just got back from the gun show, longest line I have ever seen, out the door and into the parking lot.

You gun nuts will be happy to know that you can indeed still buy an AR15, but the price has jumped a grand. The cheapies were anywhere from $1500 to almost $2000. High capacity magazines have also skyrocketed. a dual drum 100 round capacity used to go for about $85 is now $350.

So hurry in to your local gun dealer today and grab these items before they are either sold out, priced beyond your means, or outlawed.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I'm finally doing my online traffic school for my speeding ticket in November. Thank goodness for football and basketball, plus I've changed the battery in a beeping smoke detector. This is all while waiting to reach the allotted time for each section.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

100% on the driving test!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

In FL, that dont mean anything.
j_m_w wrote:
100% on the driving test!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

FU€K THEM PACKERS! LOVE IT! THANKS TO THE 9ers.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>In FL, that dont mean anything.
It means I don't have to retake the test, that's good enough for me.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Wow. Am I going to feel like killing myself EVERY time I go out from now on?

I miss jasper.
:(

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I miss jasper.
It will pass. I know you know that and I know it doesn't matter because it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will. <3

Now, stand still while I...hug...you. That's right, I hugged you. What?

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>It will pass. I know you know that and I know it doesn't matter because it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will. <3

Now, stand still while I...hug...you. That's right, I hugged you. What?
Thanks....

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Oh, sure, but when I hug you I get slapped! ;)
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks....

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Come on down! We'll go to the gun show together. Nothing gets you over your x quicker that holding some hot new pistol...
j_m_w wrote:
I miss jasper.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, sure, but when I hug you I get slapped! ;)
Aw, never!

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Come on down! We'll go to the gun show together. Nothing gets you over your x quicker that holding some hot new pistol...
Haha!

I'm actually just getting out & about for the day (darn hangover... I didn't even drink THAT much but mixed wine & beer...) and there's a classic car show going on down by the waterfront (2 blocks away). Gonna go check that out.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

So it is like pulling teeth to have to try to walk the computer illiterate thru a process over the phone. You can't see the screen and have no idea if they are actually doing what you are telling them to do. Walking my mom thru stuff when she's sitting next to me is easy. But when the rubber hitsthe road and she is at her house, big fail. Tried last night and have no idea what she was doing, but I know she was not doing what I told her cause the expected outcome was not happening.

Solution: I found a program that records my computer screen and my voice. I made a few how to videos showing her how to perform a few simple tasks. Maybe by having those to refer to as much as she wants, the concepts will sink in and she can combine some of those tasks and get some stuff done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,501 - 77,520 of96,140
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min killtaker 1,034,242
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 43,013
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,124
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 167,628
Abby 4-19 2 hr Mister Tonka 23
gay (May '13) 2 hr anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr _Zoey_ 93
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search