Comments
77,481 - 77,500 of 97,521 Comments Last updated 46 min ago

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78510
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Toj wrote:
Although I could see a firearm safety school that you have to attend if you want to be a gun owner in order to get your FOID card.
Illinois is the only state that requires a FOID card. And for a conceal carry permit, you must take a gun safety course and practice in a shooting range.

And there are already a plethora of gun laws on the books and that isn't much of a deterrent to criminals. More laws are not the answer, and only infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens.

And Race, many people have physical limitations, like flat feet, diabetes, asthma, and could not endure basic training.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78511
Jan 12, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
Just because someone is fat and lazy does not mean they cannot serve in the military. That is a cop out. The military has virtually every type of job the private sector does, from ditch digging to aircraft pilot, and many more that the private sector does not. The only thing the military does not offer is welfare.
A person in a wheelchair should be able to serve their country in some capacity, not in the trenches, but in a support position.
The only people who should not be allowed to serve are the same group that are not allowed to have guns anyway, felons and crazies.
<quoted text>
You said that you would advocate everyone would have to serve in the military
Are you advocating now that those standards to enter into the military should be lowered?
In order to stay in the military, you get tested physically (and probably emotionally -- but I don't know if you do get psychologically tested twice a year).
So, are you are in the military in order to keep your guns do you need to still keeps those standards?
Also, what do you do about the people who cannot join who have others to care for? Are they not allowed to also own a gun? Is that what you are saying?
It sounds all nice to waive the patriotic flag and to dis people who have weight issues (I personally do not but a lot of people do), but these are real issues.
Who pays to train people in the miltary? If you have everyone serve, how do you do pay for it?
I don't see it workable.
So anyone with a big fat beer belly who could not run at full speed for four blocks couldn't have a gun. Is that what you are saying?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78512
Jan 12, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois is the only state that requires a FOID card. And for a conceal carry permit, you must take a gun safety course and practice in a shooting range.
And there are already a plethora of gun laws on the books and that isn't much of a deterrent to criminals. More laws are not the answer, and only infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens.
And Race, many people have physical limitations, like flat feet, diabetes, asthma, and could not endure basic training.
That and others to care for -- I agree on why there are limitations. I really think it would be unfair to those people not to be included in gun ownership if you have certain laws.

I think we're talking about if the laws would be changed.

Illinois is the only one that makes you get a FOID card? If true, that should be one of the things changed right there.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78513
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other ways of serving your country; teaching, social work, nursing. I'm too feverish to make a cogent argument, but I think that in general we take this country for granted.
I don't take my country for granted yet I have no plans to join the military. People who do not join the military are not necessarily unpatriotic. There are many reasons why people do not join the military.

Once again, you want to lower the standards of who joins the military just so people get proper gun training.

As for serving your country, you don't have to be in the miiltary to do so. There are many charitable organizations who serve the people of this country with pride and honor that are not part of the military.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78514
Jan 12, 2013
 
Squishy -- There should be a question mark at the end of my second paragraph to you -- it wasn't a statement but a question.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78515
Jan 12, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
Illinois is the only one that makes you get a FOID card? If true, that should be one of the things changed right there.
I agree. Illinois should be forced to do away with that law.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78516
Jan 12, 2013
 
Maybe your being intentionally obtuse, maybe not...
it was asked how we can give every citizen competent firearm training, so I suggested the very environment you advocated as being the best at this type of training.

I am not saying every citizen at this moment, I meant enacting a system where every citizen must serve a 2 yr stint in the service some time between the ages of 18 to 25. I am not advocating any type of punishment if people dont do this, your intentionally putting words in my mouth. If such a system were enacted, then eventually, all our citizens will have competent firearm training.

And you still have not replied as to why schools should not have firearm training. I would really like it if you would elaborate on that.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that you would advocate everyone would have to serve in the military
Are you advocating now that those standards to enter into the military should be lowered?
In order to stay in the military, you get tested physically (and probably emotionally -- but I don't know if you do get psychologically tested twice a year).
So, are you are in the military in order to keep your guns do you need to still keeps those standards?
Also, what do you do about the people who cannot join who have others to care for? Are they not allowed to also own a gun? Is that what you are saying?
It sounds all nice to waive the patriotic flag and to dis people who have weight issues (I personally do not but a lot of people do), but these are real issues.
Who pays to train people in the miltary? If you have everyone serve, how do you do pay for it?
I don't see it workable.
So anyone with a big fat beer belly who could not run at full speed for four blocks couldn't have a gun. Is that what you are saying?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78517
Jan 12, 2013
 
And in other news....

I just got back from the gun show, longest line I have ever seen, out the door and into the parking lot.

You gun nuts will be happy to know that you can indeed still buy an AR15, but the price has jumped a grand. The cheapies were anywhere from $1500 to almost $2000. High capacity magazines have also skyrocketed. a dual drum 100 round capacity used to go for about $85 is now $350.

So hurry in to your local gun dealer today and grab these items before they are either sold out, priced beyond your means, or outlawed.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78518
Jan 12, 2013
 
I'm finally doing my online traffic school for my speeding ticket in November. Thank goodness for football and basketball, plus I've changed the battery in a beeping smoke detector. This is all while waiting to reach the allotted time for each section.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78519
Jan 12, 2013
 
100% on the driving test!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78520
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

In FL, that dont mean anything.
j_m_w wrote:
100% on the driving test!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78521
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FU€K THEM PACKERS! LOVE IT! THANKS TO THE 9ers.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78522
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>In FL, that dont mean anything.
It means I don't have to retake the test, that's good enough for me.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78523
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wow. Am I going to feel like killing myself EVERY time I go out from now on?

I miss jasper.
:(

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78524
Jan 13, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Wow. Am I going to feel like killing myself EVERY time I go out from now on?
I miss jasper.
:(
It will pass. I know you know that and I know it doesn't matter because it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will. <3

Now, stand still while I...hug...you. That's right, I hugged you. What?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78525
Jan 13, 2013
 
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>It will pass. I know you know that and I know it doesn't matter because it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will. <3

Now, stand still while I...hug...you. That's right, I hugged you. What?
Thanks....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78526
Jan 13, 2013
 
Oh, sure, but when I hug you I get slapped! ;)
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78527
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Come on down! We'll go to the gun show together. Nothing gets you over your x quicker that holding some hot new pistol...
j_m_w wrote:
Wow. Am I going to feel like killing myself EVERY time I go out from now on?
I miss jasper.
:(

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78529
Jan 13, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, sure, but when I hug you I get slapped! ;)
Aw, never!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78530
Jan 13, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Come on down! We'll go to the gun show together. Nothing gets you over your x quicker that holding some hot new pistol...
Haha!

I'm actually just getting out & about for the day (darn hangover... I didn't even drink THAT much but mixed wine & beer...) and there's a classic car show going on down by the waterfront (2 blocks away). Gonna go check that out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

103 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 4 min Mister Tonka 27
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min lily boca raton fl 1,079,427
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min truth 48,881
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,523
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 12 min Wrecked 12
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 12 min bensleys thoughts 1
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 22 min Julie 353
Amy 7-24 52 min Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••