Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#78518 Jan 12, 2013
I'm finally doing my online traffic school for my speeding ticket in November. Thank goodness for football and basketball, plus I've changed the battery in a beeping smoke detector. This is all while waiting to reach the allotted time for each section.

West Palm Beach, FL

#78519 Jan 12, 2013
100% on the driving test!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#78520 Jan 12, 2013
In FL, that dont mean anything.
j_m_w wrote:
100% on the driving test!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78521 Jan 12, 2013
FU€K THEM PACKERS! LOVE IT! THANKS TO THE 9ers.

West Palm Beach, FL

#78522 Jan 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>In FL, that dont mean anything.
It means I don't have to retake the test, that's good enough for me.

West Palm Beach, FL

#78523 Jan 13, 2013
Wow. Am I going to feel like killing myself EVERY time I go out from now on?

I miss jasper.
:(

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78524 Jan 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I miss jasper.
It will pass. I know you know that and I know it doesn't matter because it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will. <3

Now, stand still while I...hug...you. That's right, I hugged you. What?

West Palm Beach, FL

#78525 Jan 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>It will pass. I know you know that and I know it doesn't matter because it doesn't feel like it right now, but it will. <3

Now, stand still while I...hug...you. That's right, I hugged you. What?
Thanks....

#78526 Jan 13, 2013
Oh, sure, but when I hug you I get slapped! ;)
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks....

#78527 Jan 13, 2013
Come on down! We'll go to the gun show together. Nothing gets you over your x quicker that holding some hot new pistol...
j_m_w wrote:
I miss jasper.

West Palm Beach, FL

#78529 Jan 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, sure, but when I hug you I get slapped! ;)
Aw, never!

West Palm Beach, FL

#78530 Jan 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Come on down! We'll go to the gun show together. Nothing gets you over your x quicker that holding some hot new pistol...
Haha!

I'm actually just getting out & about for the day (darn hangover... I didn't even drink THAT much but mixed wine & beer...) and there's a classic car show going on down by the waterfront (2 blocks away). Gonna go check that out.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78531 Jan 14, 2013

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78532 Jan 14, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78533 Jan 14, 2013
So it is like pulling teeth to have to try to walk the computer illiterate thru a process over the phone. You can't see the screen and have no idea if they are actually doing what you are telling them to do. Walking my mom thru stuff when she's sitting next to me is easy. But when the rubber hitsthe road and she is at her house, big fail. Tried last night and have no idea what she was doing, but I know she was not doing what I told her cause the expected outcome was not happening.

Solution: I found a program that records my computer screen and my voice. I made a few how to videos showing her how to perform a few simple tasks. Maybe by having those to refer to as much as she wants, the concepts will sink in and she can combine some of those tasks and get some stuff done.

#78534 Jan 14, 2013
You should just remote desktop in and fix it for her.
Mister Tonka wrote:
So it is like pulling teeth to have to try to walk the computer illiterate thru a process over the phone. You can't see the screen and have no idea if they are actually doing what you are telling them to do. Walking my mom thru stuff when she's sitting next to me is easy. But when the rubber hitsthe road and she is at her house, big fail. Tried last night and have no idea what she was doing, but I know she was not doing what I told her cause the expected outcome was not happening.
Solution: I found a program that records my computer screen and my voice. I made a few how to videos showing her how to perform a few simple tasks. Maybe by having those to refer to as much as she wants, the concepts will sink in and she can combine some of those tasks and get some stuff done.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78535 Jan 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to fix. Its not a case of something not working. Its a case of her not remembering how to do stuff.

#78536 Jan 14, 2013
OIC
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing to fix. Its not a case of something not working. Its a case of her not remembering how to do stuff.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78537 Jan 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Can you get one of theose programs that allows remote access to her computer like my IT department has?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78538 Jan 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
J does that for my MIL. It's saved him countless hours of driving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,251,776
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr jh4freedom 192,299
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 53,989
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr RACE 6,144
Word (Dec '08) 12 hr RACE 5,325
Dear Abby July 3, 2015 12 hr RACE 5
Amy July 3, 2015 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages