Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78474 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Not to change the subject or anything, but Jesse Jackson Jr quit the House last year and is out of work. Today his wife Sandi quit her job as a alderman in Chicago. So now they are both out of work and he is still presumably running up medical bills at Mayo Clinic.
Hmm. Who is paying? And what will they live on?
I assume his father is worth quite a few dollars.

Location hidden

#78475 Jan 11, 2013
I just googled. He's worth an estimated $10M. He can pay for their care.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78476 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Not to change the subject or anything, but Jesse Jackson Jr quit the House last year and is out of work. Today his wife Sandi quit her job as a alderman in Chicago. So now they are both out of work and he is still presumably running up medical bills at Mayo Clinic.
Hmm. Who is paying? And what will they live on?
I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. Don't they both get a six figure pension for life?

I can't understand why nobody can figure out where these "spending cuts" should be made...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78477 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just because they got too big, they were outlawed when one snake of an irresponsible owner killed a toddler. People had no choice but to release them, or turn them in so they could be destroyed.
Snakes aren't the only non-native species "wreaking havoc" on our oh-so-fragile ecosystem.
I thought America was supposed to welcome all walks of life from everywhere in the world?
Does this mean we'll be able to "cull" illegal immigrants next?
Someone should make a study of you -- on how your brain works. It would either be fascinating or entertaining -- or perhaps both.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78478 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just because they got too big, they were outlawed when one snake of an irresponsible owner killed a toddler. People had no choice but to release them, or turn them in so they could be destroyed.
Snakes aren't the only non-native species "wreaking havoc" on our oh-so-fragile ecosystem.
I thought America was supposed to welcome all walks of life from everywhere in the world?
You make the most incredible (or should that be uncredible) jumps in logic.

If you don't know the difference between reptiles and mammels by now...
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78479 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
TSTI.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#78480 Jan 11, 2013
which by sams definition makes them totally incapable of proper training, use, storage or saftey. By her difinition, no retired leo or service member should be allowed to own, or handle a weapon because they are just idiot civilians....

Please.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to let Sam fight her own battle with you, but I feel I must point out that this entire convo has been about firearm ownership by regular old civilians.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#78481 Jan 11, 2013
Why? Did you want to marry your snake?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78482 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. Don't they both get a six figure pension for life?
I can't understand why nobody can figure out where these "spending cuts" should be made...
A CRS Report on Congressional Pensions issued Feb 9, 207 states, in pertinent part:
Members of Congress are eligible for a pension
at age 62 if they have completed at least five years of service. Members are eligible
for a pension at age 50 if they have completed 20 years of service, or at any age after
completing 25 years of service. The amount of the pension depends on years of
service and the average of the highest three years of salary. By law, the starting
amount of a Memberís retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his or her final
salary.
As of October 1, 2006, 413 retired Members of Congress were receiving federal
pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service. Of this number, 290
had retired under CSRS and were receiving an average annual pension of $60,972.
A total of 123 Members had retired with service under both CSRS and FERS or with
service under FERS only. Their average annual pension was $35,952 in 2006.

Therefore Jesse Jr will get his pension when he turns 62. I am not sure if he is 50 yet.

I belive the base slaary for Reps is $158,000. When he turns 62 he would get no more than 80% of that or $126,400 and prbably something a little less based on the past year averaging system noted elsewhere in the memo. Taxable, but not bad. If he lives that long.

I have not looked up what Sandi gets as a resigned alderman, if anything.

Location hidden

#78483 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No he doesn't qualify for the pension.

Location hidden

#78484 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>A CRS Report on Congressional Pensions issued Feb 9, 207 states, in pertinent part:
at age 62 if they have completed at least five years of service. Members are eligible
for a pension at age 50 if they have completed 20 years of service, or at any age after
service and the average of the highest three years of salary. By law, the starting
amount of a Memberís retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his or her final
salary.
pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service. Of this number, 290
A total of 123 Members had retired with service under both CSRS and FERS or with
Therefore Jesse Jr will get his pension when he turns 62. I am not sure if he is 50 yet.
I belive the base slaary for Reps is $158,000. When he turns 62 he would get no more than 80% of that or $126,400 and prbably something a little less based on the past year averaging system noted elsewhere in the memo. Taxable, but not bad. If he lives that long.
He has enough years of service?w2654

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78485 Jan 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
which by sams definition makes them totally incapable of proper training, use, storage or saftey. By her difinition, no retired leo or service member should be allowed to own, or handle a weapon because they are just idiot civilians....
Please.
<quoted text>
Retired service people are not just regular old civilians, which is what I said.

But really my point was more for edog and his attempt to provoke Sam.

Location hidden

#78486 Jan 11, 2013
Omg we are watching tosh. Two words to search on YouTube:

Cannonball dookie

Location hidden

#78487 Jan 11, 2013
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-11-27...

He is eligible maybe for $45k a year, depends on the court stuff.

Ridiculous.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78488 Jan 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
Please.
<quoted text>
Well never mind the fact that military and trained law enforcement professionals are made up of regular citizens such as ourselves, the fact I'm instead a Joe Sixpack working at the mill means I can't responsibly own a firearm.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78489 Jan 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
Why? Did you want to marry your snake?
<quoted text>
Who are you to tell me I can't??

And I thought we were all supposed to be OPPOSED to the killing of innocent animals? Where's the outcry over this python slaughter!?? Who are WE to decide they deserve to die?!?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78490 Jan 11, 2013
In light of our recent discussion on phones and picking up or ignoring, I thought this was a funny app.

http://lifehacker.com/5975287/last-message-te...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78491 Jan 11, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>No, just running through the gamut of gun stories. Apparently you missed the purpose of my post (my apologies, I forgot you need things spelled out for you) which is that guns do far more bad than good.
What was the purpose of your post? You pointed to a shooting incident where a person used a shotgun to kill two people to support your agenda.

The problem is, I've never once seen you state that shotguns and other guns used for hunting should be banned? Same for handguns. Are you now saying that these guns should be banned too? I think even Obama and Biden would call that extreme. If you are not advocating that, I don't know why you would refer to an incident where a shotgun was used to support your view that assault rifles should be.

What's next ... are you gonna start referring to knife attacks to suggest that assault rifles should be banned? Lol

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78492 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>A CRS Report on Congressional Pensions issued Feb 9, 207 states, in pertinent part:
amount of a Member’s retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his or her final
salary.

They are both crooks. He shouldn't get anything. He was paying her hundreds of thousands to be his "advisor." He was basically using campaign money for personal use.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#78493 Jan 11, 2013
Look out, downtown! My binoculars are due to arrive on Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr woodtick57 1,207,368
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 52,386
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 185,932
Abby 3-30-15 3 hr tiredofit 12
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Almost amish 71,703
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Cold Front 69,318
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,820
Amy 3-30-15 7 hr Kuuipo 35
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]