Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Toj wrote:
Maybe the writers had an off day since it's just a TV show on not real life.
Sure, but the reason I noted it is because its not the first time I've seen a story line like this. Seen others involving murder where murderer gets charged with murders x, y, & z, but bcause of some technicality, murder w goes uncharged and the family is upset cause THEIR loved one is not getting justice...even though murderer is getting consecuritve life sentences for the others.
edogxxx

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but the reason I noted it is because its not the first time I've seen a story line like this. Seen others involving murder where murderer gets charged with murders x, y, & z, but bcause of some technicality, murder w goes uncharged and the family is upset cause THEIR loved one is not getting justice...even though murderer is getting consecuritve life sentences for the others.
Yeah, that happens pretty frequently on L&O.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
No, not going. I try to stay away from drunk rednecks after dark armed with guns.
Have not checked into it, but a shotgun would probably be a better choice than a rifle. But I would keep a 9 with hollow points in case a gator decided to get involved.
Is it a contest, or are they just paid by the pelt?
<quoted text>
News reports said that there was a $5000 prize for teh person who bagged the longest or brought in the most pythons, not sure if that is numerc or by weight. Apparently they are hard to find to kill. Contest is open for a month.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
OK, now use those research powers to find me the times when a gun owner had their own gun used against them, or shot a friend or family member or themselves, or a child got ahold of a secured gun and hurt himself/herself....
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
I try to stay away from drunk rednecks after dark armed with guns.
<quoted text>
What is the point of having friends if you're not going to do anything with them?

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, now use those research powers to find me the times when a gun owner had their own gun used against them, or shot a friend or family member or themselves, or a child got ahold of a secured gun and hurt himself/herself....
That was not the purpose of my response. You said you rarely heard of times when a gun was used to prevent crime. I enlightened you. Now your comeback is "Yeah, but still."?

Fail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange.
Not strange, really. Sometimes it's because the statute of limitations ran out, realistic stuff like that.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the purpose of my response. You said you rarely heard of times when a gun was used to prevent crime. I enlightened you. Now your comeback is "Yeah, but still."?
Fail.
No, just running through the gamut of gun stories. Apparently you missed the purpose of my post (my apologies, I forgot you need things spelled out for you) which is that guns do far more bad than good.

And thanks for reminding me that I need to bookmark blaze.com and gunandammo.com . I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
guns do far more bad than good.
Wow. You don't even realize you've been proven wrong. You really are dense. Maybe the police shouldn't have guns then? Maybe the secret service should give up their guns? So too should the military. Guns do more bad than good so why allow anybody to have them?
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You don't even realize you've been proven wrong. You really are dense. Maybe the police shouldn't have guns then? Maybe the secret service should give up their guns? So too should the military. Guns do more bad than good so why allow anybody to have them?
Yes, because that's what I was talking about. Police and the military and trained professionals. That was the basis of my discussion. Too stupid to insult. Or as I'll be abbreviating it from now on to keep from getting carpal tunnel, TSTI.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

When Matilda checks in, I am interested in her response to this:
The Feds are recommeding people disable Java from their computers because its security is so poor.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-...

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because that's what I was talking about. Police and the military and trained professionals. That was the basis of my discussion. Too stupid to insult. Or as I'll be abbreviating it from now on to keep from getting carpal tunnel, TSTI.
Your claim was guns do far more bad than good. Now you're backpedaling.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, citizen guns. You farkin' dolt. Has there been one single word in this debate criticizing the police or military? No. So why in the world would you try to invoke that at this point? I apologize for giving you credit for comprehending context. I will never again overestimate your intelligence or common sense.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to let Sam fight her own battle with you, but I feel I must point out that this entire convo has been about firearm ownership by regular old civilians.

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to let Sam fight her own battle with you, but I feel I must point out that this entire convo has been about firearm ownership by regular old civilians.
Her claim that guns do more harm than good is still false. And if you're jumping on her bandwagon saying that only the police and military can own guns, I suggest you ask the Jews in Nazi Germany how well that worked out for them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Her claim that guns do more harm than good is still false. And if you're jumping on her bandwagon saying that only the police and military can own guns, I suggest you ask the Jews in Nazi Germany how well that worked out for them.
Right, because when the SS breaks down your door in the middle of the night, you're going to reach for your gun and shoot 'em all, and get away with it.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Please, pretty please, can the gun talk be taken elsewhere...?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the fact that certain people don't have heath care is a huge drag on the economy. Some folks just think it is inhumane that the rest of us who work for our own healthcare don't take more money that we could use for our own families and provide free healthcare for grown adults who can't afford it. Me, sorry, I'd rather save for my kids college fund than pay to provide some working age adult with insurance. I have no moral issues with it. Another grown working age adult is not my child who I have to provide medical care for.
My suggestion to the grown adult without insurance would be to get a second job and work more, rather than to ask me to work more for him or her.
To the idiot dumb f's who are too chicken shyte to have a discussion with me and instead choose to speak through judging icons:

As far as I am concerned, if you need to come up with $500 to buy your family insurance and you don't have enough $, despite working 40 hours a week, you can go pick up a Friday night shift and a Saturday night shift each weekend working at the 7-11 or delivering pizzas, if you want health insurance so bad. If you have a wife, she can pick up a Sunday shift too. Those extra hours would go a long way towards buying your family insurance.

Why do I feel this way ... it is because that is what I would do to take care of my responsibilities and my family. To me, that is what you do. I don't seem to be alone in this regard. I have a buddy who worked as an IT professional for AT&T cellular making pretty decent coin and guess what he also delivered pizzas at night for extra cash. I have a family member who is recently retired, but to make ends meet he drives a school bus during the school year, delivers pizzas some nights, and during the summer, since you can't drive a bus, he works for a park district outside in the hot sun making about $8.00 an hour. His wife also works full time.

Those are my values. Those are my people. Those are midwestern values. Those are the values of the farmer who wakes up at 5:30 and works 14 hours a day if necessary during harvest time ... why because he has a family to feed and responsibilities and a farm to run. Those are the values of the tradesman who works a 40 hour week, but picks up side jobs on the weekend to earn extra cash. These are the folks our government should be more concerned for. These are the folks our government should be looking out for.

Instead, liberal f' tards would rather tax the shyte out of these types of people so that some lazy a$s SOB who feels too entitled to work more than 40 hours a week to TAKE CARE OF HIS OWN RESPONSIBILITIES, SELF, AND FAMILY can get free or subsidized health insurance. To them, it would be mean and cruel if they didn't have quiet nights at home on Friday and Saturday night with their family and instead had to work a little bit more to TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN RESPONSIBILITY, SELF, AND FAMILY.

I often times think we should divide the country in half and give half of the country to folks who are like me and value common sense, responsibility, and work ethic and give the other half to the people who cry themselves to sleep at night thinking of the plights of freeloaders and who think it is mean and cruel if someone can't have quiet days and nights at home on the weekend with their family. In 50 years, I can guarantee my half would be way more prosperous and productive. The other half would be bankrupt and have all the free loaders and all the stupid people who have deluded themselves into thinking the free loaders are innocent victims of society.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,401 - 77,420 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Death 1,073,178
This is a great ad. 15 min Harold B Alls 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min SpaceBlues 45,597
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,779
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 4 hr Tgloaded 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••