“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#78453 Jan 11, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To the idiot dumb f's who are too chicken shyte to have a discussion with me and instead choose to speak through judging icons:
Why are you letting a judge it icon bother you so much?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#78454 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
When Matilda checks in, I am interested in her response to this:
The Feds are recommeding people disable Java from their computers because its security is so poor.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-...
Yeah? And how do the Feds recommend I do my job without it?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78455 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Her claim that guns do more harm than good is still false. And if you're jumping on her bandwagon saying that only the police and military can own guns, I suggest you ask the Jews in Nazi Germany how well that worked out for them.
Oh whatever.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78456 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll take my gun talk when you pry it from my cold, dead mouth!
HA!

Location hidden

#78457 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you letting a judge it icon bother you so much?
They (the judging icons) usually don't make sense or correlate to what the post was anyway.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78458 Jan 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? And how do the Feds recommend I do my job without it?
Whoa whoa whoa. You forget, they are not in the solution business. They're like the two Bobs in Office Space.

"We fixed...the glitch."

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

#78459 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll take my gun talk when you pry it from my cold, dead mouth!
i'm not trying to take it away.... i'm just aksing that it be taken somewhere else...

same thing with the healthcare talk... please, pretty please, take it somewhere else...
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78460 Jan 11, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not trying to take it away.... i'm just aksing that it be taken somewhere else...
same thing with the healthcare talk... please, pretty please, take it somewhere else...
Me, too. Please.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78461 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you letting a judge it icon bother you so much?
I took it as another opportunity to once again demonstrate the backwardness of their values and the direction they wish to see this country go. The fact that they choose to be silent, except for little judging icons, only demonstrates this to everyone.

If they had a leg to stand on and I was so clueless, certainly it would be an easy feat for them to actually use their words and explain to everyone why this is true.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78462 Jan 11, 2013
Here is the link for the python hunt.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/10/snake-hu...

Why aren't all the gun people eager to come don to the Evergalades and shoot 15 foot snakes?

Location hidden

#78463 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. What if an intruder breaks down my door in the middle of the night and has a gun?
I think "Intruder" =/= a team of nazis.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#78464 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Why aren't all the gun people eager to come don to the Evergalades and shoot 15 foot snakes?
I for one happen to like snakes (proud father of a ball python) and the very idea of a "python hunt" sickens me. Pythons are harmless and they even help control the gator population (which are far more dangerous to humans and pets.) They should be left alone.

Evanston IL

#78465 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one happen to like snakes (proud father of a ball python) and the very idea of a "python hunt" sickens me. Pythons are harmless and they even help control the gator population (which are far more dangerous to humans and pets.) They should be left alone.
I too was a snake owner (2 ball pythons and a red-tail boa back in college) and snakeskin anything grosses me out.

But these pythons in FL are NOT native; most are burmese pythons that were once pets and when they got too big for their owners to care for, they were released into the wild. They're decimating all types of native wildlife and are breeding like rabbits. One female had like 86 eggs in her when she was killed.

I don't like how it's being carried out, but these snakes definitely need to be culled.

Location hidden

#78466 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Except they're not supposed to be int he everglades and they are wiping out endangered species in the Everglades. They're there because stupid snake owners release them there.

I like snakes as well.

Location hidden

#78467 Jan 11, 2013
Wow.

DEAR MISS MANNERS,

When I am visiting someone's home, even some of my family members' homes, I ask or announce that I need to use their bathroom. I have practiced this habit most of my life.

I was annoyed when an acquaintance on the very first visit to my home, just got up and went to use my bathroom. She didn't even know where the bathroom was located.

After about her third or fourth visit I finally told her that when I visit someone's home, I say that I'm going to use the bathroom. She gave me a strange look when I told her. Am I sweating the small stuff or making a big deal out of nothing?

GENTLE READER,

"You may be surprised to hear that not everyone is as charmed by bathroom announcements as you seem to be. It is true that asking its location is preferable to running around opening doors, but after that, one need only say, "Excuse me." Miss Manners assures you that everyone knows why you need to be excused."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78468 Jan 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was a snake owner (2 ball pythons and a red-tail boa back in college) and snakeskin anything grosses me out.
But these pythons in FL are NOT native; most are burmese pythons that were once pets and when they got too big for their owners to care for, they were released into the wild. They're decimating all types of native wildlife and are breeding like rabbits. One female had like 86 eggs in her when she was killed.
I don't like how it's being carried out, but these snakes definitely need to be culled.
Squishy- I sent you a PM

Evanston IL

#78469 Jan 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Squishy- I sent you a PM
Got it and replied.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78470 Jan 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wow.
DEAR MISS MANNERS,
When I am visiting someone's home, even some of my family members' homes, I ask or announce that I need to use their bathroom. I have practiced this habit most of my life.
I was annoyed when an acquaintance on the very first visit to my home, just got up and went to use my bathroom. She didn't even know where the bathroom was located.
After about her third or fourth visit I finally told her that when I visit someone's home, I say that I'm going to use the bathroom. She gave me a strange look when I told her. Am I sweating the small stuff or making a big deal out of nothing?
GENTLE READER,
"You may be surprised to hear that not everyone is as charmed by bathroom announcements as you seem to be. It is true that asking its location is preferable to running around opening doors, but after that, one need only say, "Excuse me." Miss Manners assures you that everyone knows why you need to be excused."
Wow indeed. I can't believe no one ever told her to just go.

Evanston IL

#78471 Jan 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wow.
DEAR MISS MANNERS,
GENTLE READER,
She sounds like a nutter.

But I do have this problem at work. My desk is such that no one can really see me and I'm supposed to answer the phones, so I have to announce that I'm leaving so someone else can grab the phone. I usually say "I'm going to the Ladies'" but I hate doing it. When I worked in retail, we used a code that someone picked up working at Marshall Field's. We'd say "Code 47" or just "47" as we walked by a co-worker. Much less embarassing.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#78472 Jan 11, 2013
Not to change the subject or anything, but Jesse Jackson Jr quit the House last year and is out of work. Today his wife Sandi quit her job as a alderman in Chicago. So now they are both out of work and he is still presumably running up medical bills at Mayo Clinic.

Hmm. Who is paying? And what will they live on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Learn to Read 180,702
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr LOL 1,142,189
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 48,459
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr RACE 696
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,770
nazi fascist star folks knashing their teeth 6 hr MomFascistsHere 10
Barry knew Goober before he did'nt know Goober 6 hr Rowdy Yates 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago