Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78415 Jan 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's what you WANT to notice. Did you hear about the woman who protected herself and her children by shooting an intruder breaking into her home? There are many news articles of people using a weapon to protect themselves or foiling a robbery if you would just bother to look.
This is what we call "ignorance" on your part.
Yes, they're all over, no doubt. It's just my inattentiveness. I guess I don't share your keen sense of observation.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78416 Jan 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
News Flash!
I took a dump around 2:30 PM EDT. Possibility of me urinating @ 6:00 Stay tuned for updates as they happen!
In other news, someone named sam drank rap poison and is not expected to post anything logical for the next few years. It will apparently either live in an assisted living facility or become the worlds ugliest pole dancer.
I can't imagine why female Floridians aren't beating a path to your door. They must not realize what a treat it would be to be on the arm of such a pleasant, well-spoken, positive gentleman like you. Of course, it could get a little uncomfortable, what with the gun on your hip and the chip on your shoulder....

I am sorry to report that, at my lady-parts check-up yesterday, my doctor was not able to locate a band of rogue cells gathering forces to assault my cervical well-being. Keep your fingers crossed for next year.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78417 Jan 10, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they're all over, no doubt. It's just my inattentiveness. I guess I don't share your keen sense of observation.
How big of you to admit that

http://www.gunandgame.com/guns/robbery-attemp...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/14-year-old-s...

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Home...

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/crime-law/i...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/concealed-car...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#78418 Jan 10, 2013
heh-heh...yeah, that my "gun" baby! Wanna see my barrel?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78419 Jan 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
heh-heh...yeah, that my "gun" baby! Wanna see my barrel?
Are you going to enter the python hunting contest? You can use the weapon of your choice?
(No snark- this is being run in South Central FL starting Jan 12)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#78420 Jan 10, 2013
No, not going. I try to stay away from drunk rednecks after dark armed with guns.
Have not checked into it, but a shotgun would probably be a better choice than a rifle. But I would keep a 9 with hollow points in case a gator decided to get involved.

Is it a contest, or are they just paid by the pelt?
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to enter the python hunting contest? You can use the weapon of your choice?
(No snark- this is being run in South Central FL starting Jan 12)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78421 Jan 10, 2013
Bought a "new" car today. It's a newer version of the Jag. Surprisingly my insurance went up only $6 (yeah SIX) dollars. Pretty cool huh?

West Palm Beach, FL

#78422 Jan 10, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Bought a "new" car today. It's a newer version of the Jag. Surprisingly my insurance went up only $6 (yeah SIX) dollars. Pretty cool huh?
Congrats! And VERY cool about the $6.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78423 Jan 10, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! And VERY cool about the $6.
Thanks. I'm always worried about insurance going up so six dollars is wonderful. And a major surprise. I almost fell over when I heard that. LOL

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78424 Jan 10, 2013
I just don't get it.

Law & Order
Woman is raped.
Rapist is a confidential informant with connections.
Threatens her is she tells anyone.
Which she does.
He sets her up for the murder of her boyfriend and gets her sent to jail awaitign trial.
Pulls strings to get a few people out of legal trouble in order for them to bear witness against her.
Skipping over the details of the rest of the show, the DA ended up having to cut a deal to drop the rape charges against him in order to get the chick out of jail and get murder charges fileed against him.

So she's out of jail. No murder charges. And he's pretty much a cooked goose on the murder. If it were me, I'd be thrilled. Yet she was unhappy that he was not goin gto get charged with her rape.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78425 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I just don't get it.
Law & Order
Woman is raped.
Which she does.
He sets her up for the murder of her boyfriend and gets her sent to jail awaitign trial.
Pulls strings to get a few people out of legal trouble in order for them to bear witness against her.
Skipping over the details of the rest of the show, the DA ended up having to cut a deal to drop the rape charges against him in order to get the chick out of jail and get murder charges fileed against him.
So she's out of jail. No murder charges. And he's pretty much a cooked goose on the murder. If it were me, I'd be thrilled. Yet she was unhappy that he was not goin gto get charged with her rape.
I saw that last night. I got that she was so upset over going to jail and her son being put in foster care, but these cops busted their butts for her and she didn't seem to understand how hard they were working.

And she seemed loopy a lot, spacy, like she was high or brain damaged a bit from drugs/alcohol/beatings.

That was a weird episode. Not a typical cookie cutter.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78426 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I just don't get it.
Law & Order
Woman is raped.
Which she does.
Well, the rape was a violent act against her plus she probably wasn't thinking right. Maybe the writers had an off day since it's just a TV show on not real life.

Watched Person of Interest. It was excellent tonight. Love that show. You gotta watch that. It's worth a small investment to get to know the characters. I won't give the details in cased someone Tivo'd it or plans to watch it later.

Location hidden

#78427 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
If he were going free on a technicality, I could understand being unhappy with that plea deal, but he's going away for a long time or even life, be glad he's off the streets for a long time.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78428 Jan 10, 2013
Toj wrote:
Maybe the writers had an off day since it's just a TV show on not real life.
Sure, but the reason I noted it is because its not the first time I've seen a story line like this. Seen others involving murder where murderer gets charged with murders x, y, & z, but bcause of some technicality, murder w goes uncharged and the family is upset cause THEIR loved one is not getting justice...even though murderer is getting consecuritve life sentences for the others.
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

#78429 Jan 11, 2013

Location hidden

#78430 Jan 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but the reason I noted it is because its not the first time I've seen a story line like this. Seen others involving murder where murderer gets charged with murders x, y, & z, but bcause of some technicality, murder w goes uncharged and the family is upset cause THEIR loved one is not getting justice...even though murderer is getting consecuritve life sentences for the others.
Yeah, that happens pretty frequently on L&O.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78431 Jan 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78432 Jan 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
No, not going. I try to stay away from drunk rednecks after dark armed with guns.
Have not checked into it, but a shotgun would probably be a better choice than a rifle. But I would keep a 9 with hollow points in case a gator decided to get involved.
Is it a contest, or are they just paid by the pelt?
<quoted text>
News reports said that there was a $5000 prize for teh person who bagged the longest or brought in the most pythons, not sure if that is numerc or by weight. Apparently they are hard to find to kill. Contest is open for a month.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78433 Jan 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
OK, now use those research powers to find me the times when a gun owner had their own gun used against them, or shot a friend or family member or themselves, or a child got ahold of a secured gun and hurt himself/herself....
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78434 Jan 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
I try to stay away from drunk rednecks after dark armed with guns.
<quoted text>
What is the point of having friends if you're not going to do anything with them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min harmonious 1,110,148
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 42 min _Zoey_ 7,785
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 44 min _Zoey_ 324
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min litesong 46,737
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min Obama Sux 49,875
Abby 9-20 1 hr Mister Tonka 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,499
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••