Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to partially agree with you. Altho, a very moderate, conservative liberal would also do.
Someone along the lines of Bill Clinton would be good as well.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't really matter who if people/politicians keep screaming about the so-called social issues, like gay marriage and abortion, and start screaming about the money spent on subsidies to oil companies, some farm subsidies and other money-wasting pork barrel stuff. And how about not giving the military around 60M so they can advertise at NASCAR events. It's been reported awhile back that the Repub Congress would vote for even more money then the military asked for. That's just crap.
We can cut some military spending. We should cut farm subsidies to the extent they arenít making food more affordable and are just corporate welfare. Subsidies for oil companies are a joke, IMO. Oil is a global commodity. Subsidies are not going to lower prices for us. Itís also not going to increase supply. The free market controls all these things. Even if a barrel of oil is drilled here, if folks are paying more money per barrel abroad, that is where the oil company will sell it. Weíve seen with natural gas that they are slowing production, because prices are too low. Like I said all controlled by the market. That keystone pipeline was really a dumb idea too. It wonít create hardly any jobs, and all that oil will be shipped to China. The only thing we would get out of it was environmental risk and folks having their land confiscated.

There are certain things I agree with the democrats about. But when it comes to big oil and farm cuts, donít be so sure the dems arenít in these big business pockets just as much as the republicans. There is a reason why the democrats didnít go after big pharma with Obamacare and allow the government to negotiate prescription drug prices. Unless your name is Ferrerman, it is possible to support Obama and democrats and realize they sold us all out in this particular instance. Ask yourself why we continue to pay 3 times what Germans pay for the same prescription drugs? Many of these pharmaceutical companies are foreign companies too.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a study in St. Louis where women who were most likely to get pregnant just from screwing around were given free birth control. The rate of births dropped within this group. Why can't the govt. support any org that could provide that service. Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper then continually paying for welfare and such. Personally, I don't care if people screw their brains out if they would use some sort of birth control and since many if not most men won't then dose out the pills.
Iím all for that, and I think that is one thing fiscal conservatives and liberals would agree on. Itís cheaper. Itís healthier. Itís better for these women. Itís better for our nation. The only folks who are adverse to this are the religious right and I donít particularly care for them. Not all folks who generally support the republican party are of this type. There are a lot of fiscal conservatives, such as myself, too.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Both parties are flawed. Congress has an 18% approval rating right now. There was a joke in the Trib about who were the 18% that actually think Congress is doing a good job?!
The Republicans need to get their act together if they want to take back the Senate and keep the House in two years. There's too much in-fighting. Bohner and Reid aren't even on speaking terms.
Boehner really disappointed me with the way he handled the fiscal cliff. Reid did too. I think they should have gotten more concessions on spending cuts. We can't get out of our debt problem with out a combination of spending cuts and tax increases.

Also, 60% of our budget is on non-discretionary spending, i.e. entitlements. Unless you want to just about eliminate the other 40%, which includes education, infrastructure, the military, some of the spending cuts will have to come from non-discretionary spending programs too.

As I have said many, many times. The practice consequence of Obamacare from a budget standpoint will be greater cuts to other entitlements. There is no way around it. We can't get out of this just by taxes. We can't get out of it just by taxes and slashing discretionary spending. So all Obamacare will do is take money from other government dependent folks and give it to a new class of government dependent folks.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
Yay! Another school shooting today! Gooooooooo guns!
In my informal survey of media coverage, I have noticed that the ratio of "Man uses licensed firearm to fend off would be intruder" to "Innocent person(s) killed for no damn good reason" articles is quite low.
Because that's what you WANT to notice. Did you hear about the woman who protected herself and her children by shooting an intruder breaking into her home? There are many news articles of people using a weapon to protect themselves or foiling a robbery if you would just bother to look.

This is what we call "ignorance" on your part.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But in your world, Republicans are perfect and Democrats are horrible scum that should be eliminated from the planet. Keep on keepin' on with your insanity.
I just blasted Republicans like three posts ago. Aren't you paying attention?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Just because something is not in the news does not mean that it did not happen, it simply was not reported, or got bumped for a more sensational story.

DUH!

Some people are dumber than dirt.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

News Flash!

I took a dump around 2:30 PM EDT. Possibility of me urinating @ 6:00 Stay tuned for updates as they happen!

In other news, someone named sam drank rap poison and is not expected to post anything logical for the next few years. It will apparently either live in an assisted living facility or become the worlds ugliest pole dancer.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's what you WANT to notice. Did you hear about the woman who protected herself and her children by shooting an intruder breaking into her home? There are many news articles of people using a weapon to protect themselves or foiling a robbery if you would just bother to look.
This is what we call "ignorance" on your part.
Yes, they're all over, no doubt. It's just my inattentiveness. I guess I don't share your keen sense of observation.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
News Flash!
I took a dump around 2:30 PM EDT. Possibility of me urinating @ 6:00 Stay tuned for updates as they happen!
In other news, someone named sam drank rap poison and is not expected to post anything logical for the next few years. It will apparently either live in an assisted living facility or become the worlds ugliest pole dancer.
I can't imagine why female Floridians aren't beating a path to your door. They must not realize what a treat it would be to be on the arm of such a pleasant, well-spoken, positive gentleman like you. Of course, it could get a little uncomfortable, what with the gun on your hip and the chip on your shoulder....

I am sorry to report that, at my lady-parts check-up yesterday, my doctor was not able to locate a band of rogue cells gathering forces to assault my cervical well-being. Keep your fingers crossed for next year.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they're all over, no doubt. It's just my inattentiveness. I guess I don't share your keen sense of observation.
How big of you to admit that

http://www.gunandgame.com/guns/robbery-attemp...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/14-year-old-s...

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Home...

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/crime-law/i...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/concealed-car...

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

heh-heh...yeah, that my "gun" baby! Wanna see my barrel?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

RACE wrote:
heh-heh...yeah, that my "gun" baby! Wanna see my barrel?
Are you going to enter the python hunting contest? You can use the weapon of your choice?
(No snark- this is being run in South Central FL starting Jan 12)

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

No, not going. I try to stay away from drunk rednecks after dark armed with guns.
Have not checked into it, but a shotgun would probably be a better choice than a rifle. But I would keep a 9 with hollow points in case a gator decided to get involved.

Is it a contest, or are they just paid by the pelt?
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to enter the python hunting contest? You can use the weapon of your choice?
(No snark- this is being run in South Central FL starting Jan 12)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Bought a "new" car today. It's a newer version of the Jag. Surprisingly my insurance went up only $6 (yeah SIX) dollars. Pretty cool huh?

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Bought a "new" car today. It's a newer version of the Jag. Surprisingly my insurance went up only $6 (yeah SIX) dollars. Pretty cool huh?
Congrats! And VERY cool about the $6.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! And VERY cool about the $6.
Thanks. I'm always worried about insurance going up so six dollars is wonderful. And a major surprise. I almost fell over when I heard that. LOL

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I just don't get it.

Law & Order
Woman is raped.
Rapist is a confidential informant with connections.
Threatens her is she tells anyone.
Which she does.
He sets her up for the murder of her boyfriend and gets her sent to jail awaitign trial.
Pulls strings to get a few people out of legal trouble in order for them to bear witness against her.
Skipping over the details of the rest of the show, the DA ended up having to cut a deal to drop the rape charges against him in order to get the chick out of jail and get murder charges fileed against him.

So she's out of jail. No murder charges. And he's pretty much a cooked goose on the murder. If it were me, I'd be thrilled. Yet she was unhappy that he was not goin gto get charged with her rape.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I just don't get it.
Law & Order
Woman is raped.
Which she does.
He sets her up for the murder of her boyfriend and gets her sent to jail awaitign trial.
Pulls strings to get a few people out of legal trouble in order for them to bear witness against her.
Skipping over the details of the rest of the show, the DA ended up having to cut a deal to drop the rape charges against him in order to get the chick out of jail and get murder charges fileed against him.
So she's out of jail. No murder charges. And he's pretty much a cooked goose on the murder. If it were me, I'd be thrilled. Yet she was unhappy that he was not goin gto get charged with her rape.
I saw that last night. I got that she was so upset over going to jail and her son being put in foster care, but these cops busted their butts for her and she didn't seem to understand how hard they were working.

And she seemed loopy a lot, spacy, like she was high or brain damaged a bit from drugs/alcohol/beatings.

That was a weird episode. Not a typical cookie cutter.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I just don't get it.
Law & Order
Woman is raped.
Which she does.
Well, the rape was a violent act against her plus she probably wasn't thinking right. Maybe the writers had an off day since it's just a TV show on not real life.

Watched Person of Interest. It was excellent tonight. Love that show. You gotta watch that. It's worth a small investment to get to know the characters. I won't give the details in cased someone Tivo'd it or plans to watch it later.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
If he were going free on a technicality, I could understand being unhappy with that plea deal, but he's going away for a long time or even life, be glad he's off the streets for a long time.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Toj wrote:
Maybe the writers had an off day since it's just a TV show on not real life.
Sure, but the reason I noted it is because its not the first time I've seen a story line like this. Seen others involving murder where murderer gets charged with murders x, y, & z, but bcause of some technicality, murder w goes uncharged and the family is upset cause THEIR loved one is not getting justice...even though murderer is getting consecuritve life sentences for the others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,078,907
Black Women 38 min joey 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min truth 48,865
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min LRS 174,503
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 52 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 67,892
Amy 7-23 1 hr Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,767
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE