“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78354 Jan 9, 2013

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#78355 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting on a decision....
Kelly Taylor!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78356 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Wow.
redheadwglasses

Saint Paul, MN

#78357 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
i can't imagine why their marriage ended.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78358 Jan 9, 2013
i just find it ridiculous that she and the writer said she caught him cheating. wtf?

cheating might be what caused them to seperate, but once he moved out and in with his new girl and they are no longer together, cheating is no longer an appropriate definition.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78359 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
i just find it ridiculous that she and the writer said she caught him cheating. wtf?
cheating might be what caused them to seperate, but once he moved out and in with his new girl and they are no longer together, cheating is no longer an appropriate definition.
No, but she's still angry over the cheating, so it's still cheating. To her.

I looked at her photo and thought, OMG, she's six years older than me and looks like hell.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78360 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but she's still angry over the cheating, so it's still cheating. To her.
I looked at her photo and thought, OMG, she's six years older than me and looks like hell.
That's in her crazy head. What's the writer's excuse?

"Florida Woman Who Caught Husband Cheating..."

No. Wrong.

Florida Woman Broke into Home of Estranged Husband..."

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78361 Jan 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelly Taylor!
So am I David Silver or Dylan McKay?

Location hidden

#78362 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's in her crazy head. What's the writer's excuse?
"Florida Woman Who Caught Husband Cheating..."
No. Wrong.
Florida Woman Broke into Home of Estranged Husband..."
Good catch. While some would argue that since they were legally married, it was cheating, I think many people -- including some who would not date until their own divorce was final -- would say that the relationship was over and separate households were estalished, so it isn't cheating.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78363 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>And because of them, the writers couldn't think straight and didn't vote anyone in for induction. Idiots.
I don't know who else new was on the ballet this year, but I don't think anyone else was first ballet HOF material.

But for steroids, Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa would surely be first ballet HOF inductees. They are some of the all time greats without a doubt, but they cheated. The thing that bothers me is that it diminishes all the past accomplishments of HOFers and players who played with them ... Especially someone like frank Thomas, who played the game without cheating.

Frank Thomas was standing behind me one time at a bulls game (back in the glory days for the bulls). That guy was so corn fed ... He didn't need roids. These other guys needed them to put on the muscle mass to hit the HRs they did. Very few men can get that big without cheating. They just don't have the bone structure or the amount of testosterone to get that big.

Location hidden

#78364 Jan 9, 2013
Look at pictures of Barry bonds and Sosa when they were say 24. They were not big guys.

I don't think men go from having a normal to slender build at the age of 24 to being absolutely huge in their late 20s into their 30s. Especially athletes who are likely working out and lifting regularly in their early 20s. It's not like they were couch potatoes who suddenly started taking care of themselves, such that this could explain the incredible increase in muscle mass.

Location hidden

#78365 Jan 9, 2013
Guys like Pujols, Frank Thomas, Jim thome, were always big boys and that's why they put up big numbers without the juice.

Location hidden

#78366 Jan 9, 2013
Bonds and Clem's woulda been HOFers without the juice, but Clemens would not have pitched as long as he did and bonds would not have hit as many HRs or broken the HR records.

Sosa ... I'm not sure. Maybe he woulda. I can't rule it out. A few feet can often times make the difference between an out and a hr.

Location hidden

#78367 Jan 9, 2013
Err, ah, first ballot, I meant.

:D

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78368 Jan 10, 2013
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#78369 Jan 10, 2013
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78370 Jan 10, 2013
dahgts wrote:
You are right.

BTW was does dahgts stand for?

Location hidden

#78371 Jan 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who else new was on the ballet this year, but I don't think anyone else was first ballet HOF material.
There was a HOF-qualified starting pitcher -- world series winner -- for the Twins who was up for his 14th time. Several guys who should be in didn't make it in yesterday.

Location hidden

#78372 Jan 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Look at pictures of Barry bonds and Sosa when they were say 24. They were not big guys.
I don't think men go from having a normal to slender build at the age of 24 to being absolutely huge in their late 20s into their 30s. Especially athletes who are likely working out and lifting regularly in their early 20s. It's not like they were couch potatoes who suddenly started taking care of themselves, such that this could explain the incredible increase in muscle mass.
I didn't get this, so a guy at work showed me pictures of "before" and "after" of the guys you mentioned (this was a while ago) and you are completely right.
Yeah Right

Orange City, FL

#78374 Jan 10, 2013
Should Pete Rose be in the hall?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min forks_make_us_fat 1,115,381
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Kristy 47,033
Amy 10-1 24 min Mister Tonka 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 27 min HughBe 69,535
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min LRS 178,608
Feel-good news is made near Ferguson 48 min reality is a crutch 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Always Smile 4,050
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]