Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78333 Jan 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna be Ginger from Gilligan's Island. Only not so dumb.
How about you look like Ginger but you're Mary Ann on the inside?

So what is the significance of KG saying that the other guy's wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios?

Location hidden

#78334 Jan 9, 2013
Also, the word "Theory" has a different meaning when it comes to the scientific method. It doesn't mean what laypeople think it means ("Oh, I have this THEORY about something"). In science, theories are part of the proof. The "theory of gravity," for example.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78335 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is the significance of KG saying that the other guy's wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios?
I don't think there's any significance. Just some smack talk to get under his skin. Apparently it worked.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78336 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Also, the word "Theory" has a different meaning when it comes to the scientific method. It doesn't mean what laypeople think it means ("Oh, I have this THEORY about something"). In science, theories are part of the proof. The "theory of gravity," for example.
Straight from yesterday's post from Wikipedia's list of common misconceptions:

The word theory in the theory of evolution does not imply mainstream scientific doubt regarding its validity; the concepts of theory and hypothesis have specific meanings in a scientific context. While theory in colloquial usage may denote a hunch or conjecture, a scientific theory is a set of principles that explains observable phenomena in natural terms."Scientific fact and theory are not categorically separable,"and evolution is a theory in the same sense as germ theory or the theory of gravitation.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78337 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Besides. You guys aren't real. Just my imaginary friends. A bunch of Snuffleupaguses.
You never know. One of us could be your wife's BFF and we're reporting back to her. Hahahaha!

Wasn't there recently a letter or something along those lines?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#78338 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Meanwhile, tonka is thinking, "This is the last time I vent about my wife to you guys."
Heh. He just needs to space out the vents more instead of back to back (the birthday thing and the phone thing).
;)

Now I have to think of who I want to be in Tonka's fantasies....

Location hidden

#78340 Jan 9, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know. One of us could be your wife's BFF and we're reporting back to her. Hahahaha!
Wasn't there recently a letter or something along those lines?
Someone was venting in an online forum and it turns out, her husband had joined the forum and was using her complaints as motivation to work on himself.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78341 Jan 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop out. That's not what the separation of church and state was intended for. That's just an over zealous interpretation.
Yet another illustration of how you selectively endorse the Constitution.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78342 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it matters what cereal he picked, it's that he discussed what her hoo-hah tastes like.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78343 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Besides. You guys aren't real. Just my imaginary friends. A bunch of Snuffleupaguses.
Um, it's Snuffleupagi.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#78344 Jan 9, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another illustration of how you selectively endorse the Constitution.
Endorse or interpret?
And liberals aren't guilty of the same thing?
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#78345 Jan 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Endorse or interpret?
And liberals aren't guilty of the same thing?
Endorse, i.e. advocate.

Your insistence on deflecting to a perceived (and uninformed) perception of an entire catagory of people instead of substantively discussing your own viewpoint is not only a barrier to meaningful debate but further demonstration of the lack of thought and consideration behind your own position.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78346 Jan 9, 2013
Anyone see NCIS last night? I cried like a baby.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#78347 Jan 9, 2013
Quick endorsement for Chicago peeps. Yesterday I had to get a root canal. I went to Dr. Priscilla Yeung in Bucktown, I HATE HATE HATE the dentist, and the experience could not have been better. She was AMAZING. If you have the bad fortune to need a root canal, I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78348 Jan 9, 2013
Neither Barry Bonds nor Roger Clemens got voted in the baseball HOF. I don't think they should ever be let in. Nor should Sammy Sosa. Nor should Mark McGwire.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78349 Jan 9, 2013
Great. Nunu just threw up on my MIL.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78350 Jan 9, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Great. Nunu just threw up on my MIL.
Uh oh.

Location hidden

#78351 Jan 9, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Neither Barry Bonds nor Roger Clemens got voted in the baseball HOF. I don't think they should ever be let in. Nor should Sammy Sosa. Nor should Mark McGwire.
And because of them, the writers couldn't think straight and didn't vote anyone in for induction. Idiots.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78352 Jan 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That works.:D

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78353 Jan 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
;)
Now I have to think of who I want to be in Tonka's fantasies....
Still waiting on a decision....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,111,600
mera name bablu hai aur main aap sab se dosti k... 10 min bablu 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 19 min andet1987 1,490
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 1 hr Larry Flint 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,786
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,266
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 326
Amy 9-23-14 6 hr edogxxx 21
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••