Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78382 Jan 10, 2013
Prudy

l1: What Prudy said.

LW2: And who was in such a big hurry to get married to begin with? Married after just a year? Let that be a lesson to others.

"Unless you’ve taken some steps to keep it from him, he’s probably already read your letter to me."

Steps? What steps? Like not leaving it lying around o nthe coffee table? WTF? That's a pretty stupid assumption. Amy helping out today?

LW3: Is she married? Is her husand supporting her? Maybe she likes it that way and this is her way of being able to say, "But honey, I've been interviewing all over town and just not getting the job".

LW4: "Oh, the agony, the heartbreak of the guy with the big dick"

HO!
LEE!
SCHITT!

Are you kidding me? Did Prudy just say that?!? I thought it was edogg f'n with us till I remembered I cut and pasted the column directly from the site.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78383 Jan 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to check it out and look at their stats. I know Biggio was on there. He was good for a long time, but I'm not sure how his stats measure up, tho, compared to those already in.
Radio said he got 68% votes, the highest of anyone in the class but not enough.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78384 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
LW4: "Oh, the agony, the heartbreak of the guy with the big dick"
HO!
LEE!
SCHITT!
I know, that cracked me up! It's sure not something you'd read in Amy!

Location hidden

#78385 Jan 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to check it out and look at their stats. I know Biggio was on there. He was good for a long time, but I'm not sure how his stats measure up, tho, compared to those already in.
Here's some info from a local paper re: Jack Morris, Twins pitcher:

Besides the PED impact, Morris was hurt by a segment of voters influenced by sabermetrics. This is mostly a younger crowd that buys a little too heavily into statistics. This bunch looks at Morris' 254 career wins and 3.92 earned-run average, which would be the highest in the Hall of Fame, and says, "No way."

They should put less emphasis on the ERA and acknowledge that Morris was one of the dominant pitchers of his era, and that should count for something. He had 175 complete games in 18 seasons. He was an innings eater who believed in going the distance whenever possible. What he did in that Game 7 in '91 is all the proof you need of that.

Maddux and Glavine both pitched more than 20 years; Maddux had 109 complete games, Glavine 56. They had better ERAs than Morris, but you can bet if Morris had bailed earlier in games he would have allowed fewer garbage runs.

Statistics are important. There's no arguing that. The problem with stats is, they don't measure grit. Morris had plenty of that. Three teams made him their ace, and all three teams won the World Series because of him.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78386 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
HO!
LEE!
SCHITT!
Are you kidding me? Did Prudy just say that?!? I thought it was edogg f'n with us till I remembered I cut and pasted the column directly from the site.
She did go to the nudest resort. She can't be too prude and has to be be a little bit freaky to be open to that.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#78387 Jan 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>You are right.
BTW was does dahgts stand for?
da Heights. Our southside pronunciation of the notorious, infamous, second only to Cicero, my hometown, Chicago Heights. Gone to hell now but growing up in the 50's and 60's with the "boys" here was very safe and interesting. Never mind that the feds called them the most inept outfit in the state. Most politicians went to jail.
Good memories and taught me street smarts.

Location hidden

#78388 Jan 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some info from a local paper re: Jack Morris, Twins pitcher:
Besides the PED impact, Morris was hurt by a segment of voters influenced by sabermetrics. This is mostly a younger crowd that buys a little too heavily into statistics. This bunch looks at Morris' 254 career wins and 3.92 earned-run average, which would be the highest in the Hall of Fame, and says, "No way."
They should put less emphasis on the ERA and acknowledge that Morris was one of the dominant pitchers of his era, and that should count for something. He had 175 complete games in 18 seasons. He was an innings eater who believed in going the distance whenever possible. What he did in that Game 7 in '91 is all the proof you need of that.
Maddux and Glavine both pitched more than 20 years; Maddux had 109 complete games, Glavine 56. They had better ERAs than Morris, but you can bet if Morris had bailed earlier in games he would have allowed fewer garbage runs.
Statistics are important. There's no arguing that. The problem with stats is, they don't measure grit. Morris had plenty of that. Three teams made him their ace, and all three teams won the World Series because of him.
I don't disagree.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78389 Jan 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She did go to the nudest resort. She can't be too prude and has to be be a little bit freaky to be open to that.
I'm not so much shocked that she would say such a thing, just that she would say it in her column. I know she often walks the line, but this is the first time I've seen her hump over completely. Maxim magazine. Your local free alternative paper. Glamour. I would not bat an eye in those types of publications. But I thought her primary audience was more of the straight laced "respectable" types. Does she get published in the NYT or WaPo or anything like that? I can't imagine that wouldn't get edited out.

Location hidden

#78390 Jan 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Radio said he got 68% votes, the highest of anyone in the class but not enough.
I saw that. He stands a reasonable chance of getting in, in a few years, with that high of a percentage of votes.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78391 Jan 10, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
da Heights. Our southside pronunciation of the notorious, infamous, second only to Cicero, my hometown, Chicago Heights. Gone to hell now but growing up in the 50's and 60's with the "boys" here was very safe and interesting. Never mind that the feds called them the most inept outfit in the state. Most politicians went to jail.
Ah. I'm a Rogers Park person but I know whereof you speak.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#78392 Jan 10, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, a fellow south sider. But I grew up in Flossmoor; not quite so tough.

Location hidden

#78393 Jan 10, 2013
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economywatch/...

All the countries ahead of us on this list are booming, economically. WE are falling backwards, in contrast.

For those who advocate that we become more like European nations with bloated governments and massive entitlements, outside of Switzerland and Denmark, all other European countries are even behind us on the list.

Ask yourself which direction Obama will be taking us in the next 4 years. Then ask yourself if policies that ensure economic stagnation/very small growth is good for our country.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#78394 Jan 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Ask yourself which direction Obama will be taking us in the next 4 years. Then ask yourself if policies that ensure economic stagnation/very small growth is good for our country.
We will find out. But I bet people STILL won't wise up.
Timmy

United States

#78395 Jan 10, 2013
She has also written a column about her short stint as a nude model.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#78396 Jan 10, 2013
Timmy wrote:
She has also written a column about her short stint as a nude model.
<quoted text>
She seems pretty open minded. I bet I would have her doing all sorts of things in the sack.

Location hidden

#78397 Jan 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
We will find out. But I bet people STILL won't wise up.
The republicans are also partially to blame because they have had weak candidates.

They also do themselves a disservice with much of their social agenda and a whole lotta stupid talk by some of the party members.

They pi$s off a lot of women with stupid comments about rape and abortion. That plays right into the democrats hands.

Instead of forcing them to focus on the most paramount issues that threaten all of us,(not issues that just affect women) i.e. debt, jobs, and economic opportunity for all, they play right into the democrats hands with all this controversy over birth control pills, who is or isn't a s l u t, legitimate rape stupid talk, whether rape is an act of god stupid talk ... I could go on and on. Stupid talk on these issues allows the democrats to direct attention to these other issues (which while not important ... are not paramount) in a manner that does not bode well for republicans or any of us.

We need a strong fiscal conservative republican who is more moderate on social issues, if not slightly liberal. That is who we need to lead us.

Location hidden

#78398 Jan 10, 2013
I meant to say (which while not UNimportant ... are not paramount)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#78399 Jan 10, 2013

Location hidden

#78400 Jan 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
That would be heaven to me.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#78401 Jan 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, a fellow south sider. But I grew up in Flossmoor; not quite so tough.
maybe, but the Flossmoor girls had better clothes. HF didn't open until my senior year, so they had to go to Bloom.

South siders are the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RoxLo 1,274,953
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 196,923
Candi wright. Homewrecker 30 min Enough1908 1
Hillary fires up crowd in Iowa. 3 hr lakeche 4
abby 8-28=15 4 hr Julie 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Doug77 6,402
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr litesong 54,496
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages