|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How seriously do you think people will take you if your name is Moonshadow or Suncrater? Good luck trying to close that million dollar business deal with a name like that. People with those types of names are only gonna be able to hold down four types of jobs: working in an herbal tea shop, working in a head shop, waitressing, or stripping. Now is that fair to them?
I'm not saying that I disagree with you. I changed my name (legally) because it was a stupid name. My point is that it's the parents' decision and we do not need yet more BS laws regulating every second of our lives. Mostly though I was just observing that you were acting like a little bitch the other day. <shrug>

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

So, what's your point? He's a bitch, how is he supposed to act?
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that I disagree with you. I changed my name (legally) because it was a stupid name. My point is that it's the parents' decision and we do not need yet more BS laws regulating every second of our lives. Mostly though I was just observing that you were acting like a little bitch the other day. <shrug>
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

I love my husband dearly, but he thinks he has more computer expertise than he does.

He gave me one of his office computers. I spent Saturday syncing Firefox between teh two. I saw my favorites, recent documents, documents on teh new computer.

I was working down my favorites list logging in, saving login info when all information disappeared. No favorites at all. It is not teh websites so much as the folders with things like recipes and professional contact information.

Unfortunately I had dleted stuff from teh old computer. Now I have to go back on there aand try to recover stuff.

I have my music in iTunes. I set up home sharing. I "saw" my play lists on the new computer. The music is gone. Fotunately I had not deactivated the old computer.

Then I was re-creating favorites/bookmarks from memory in Firefox and looking at websites. Firefox is crashing frequently at such risky sites as WaPo. I have teh problem with IE on Topix at work and iTopix was crashing Firefox at home. Sigh.

Husband is not able to diagnse much less fix the problems. So my inexpensive hand me down just got pricy because I need a real IT person who I will have to pay.

Sigh.

If something looks too good to be true....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Thanks Dog. Are you back from layoff yet?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dog. Are you back from layoff yet?
Temporarily.

Still wanting to find a new job, though. Know of any leads?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Noooo.
Vegetable soup.Pick out the carrots.
Plain tuna from the salad bar with some celery, onions, jardinaire and squeezed lemon.
Some grapes from home left over from Christmas dinner.
A lot of herb tea.
I am on day 4 of 14. I WILL do this.
Yeah, I gotta do something too. I ordered My Little Pony t-shirt for all of this Christmas and they arrived a little late (this Saturday) and when I tried mine on, it was a scooch too tight. And it's really cute and I have no intention of just leaving it in my dresser this summer, wishing I could wear it.

My first step is going to be no more sweets at lunch. I couldn't do your diet with my loathing of veg and most fruit. I think it's the sweets that are doing it to me because otherwise I don't eat *that* badly.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And I support laws on stupid baby names.
We should start with names like "Guy" or "Bruce" or "Sally."
So the government should not be allowed to track your guns or tell you what kind you can have or tell you where you can smoke (with both issues having significant health and safety implications) but it should be allowed to tell you what you can name your own child?

Never let it be said you were ever held back by inconsistency.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

RACE wrote:
He's a bitch, how is he supposed to act?
<quoted text>
When you're right, you're right. My bad.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
So the government should not be allowed to track your guns or tell you what kind you can have or tell you where you can smoke (with both issues having significant health and safety implications) but it should be allowed to tell you what you can name your own child?
No, just allowed to tell you what you CAN'T name your child. Didn't the government step in a few years back and took a baby from a white surpremacy couple for naming it Hitler? And talk about consistency, you're all about freedoms and letting people do what they want... unless it's about the rights of gun ownership, rights of religion, smoking and wearing seatbelts... Typical liberal hypocricy.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just allowed to tell you what you CAN'T name your child. Didn't the government step in a few years back and took a baby from a white surpremacy couple for naming it Hitler? And talk about consistency, you're all about freedoms and letting people do what they want... unless it's about the rights of gun ownership, rights of religion, smoking and wearing seatbelts... Typical liberal hypocricy.
You have no idea what I am about because you go no further than deducing a person's entire platform from their opinion on one issue.

There is no difference between telling someone what they can name their child and what they cannot, it's just a matter of which list is longer. You just made a distinction with no difference.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Has anyone here seen Ralphie May? He is hilarious. We flew to Vegas last week and caught his show while we were there and he was a riot. If you can get him on Comedy Central you should.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
Has anyone here seen Ralphie May? He is hilarious. We flew to Vegas last week and caught his show while we were there and he was a riot. If you can get him on Comedy Central you should.
Yeah, he was on Last Comic Standing and I've seen some of his other stuff. Very funny guy.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Never let it be said you were ever held back by inconsistency.
Are you denying you're a liberal? We've been over this before, you won't name ONE conservative ideal you support.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying you're a liberal? We've been over this before, you won't name ONE conservative ideal you support.
Reconcile the point I made first - your inconsistency between the government not having a say re: guns and smoking but having a say re: names - then it'll be your turn and we'll move on to my political agenda.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Reconcile the point I made first - your inconsistency between the government not having a say re: guns and smoking but having a say re: names - then it'll be your turn and we'll move on to my political agenda.
I tried that already, remember? I asked how it's inconsistent for me but not for you? I'm not waiting for an answer because I know you can't explain your hypocrisy. Now, back to your political agenda...
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Hey, so an amazing show returns tomorrow night. Justified on FX. Timothy Oliphant stars, and it is an excellent show. My bf got me into it, I thought it would just be another tough guy show but it really is very well done. We are having a bunch of people over for the season premiere.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that already, remember? I asked how it's inconsistent for me but not for you? I'm not waiting for an answer because I know you can't explain your hypocrisy. Now, back to your political agenda...
That's just about the answer I was expecting. Duck, dodge and deflect. If you're not going to play fair then back to your cancer research or whatever meaningful use you are making of your time off.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just about the answer I was expecting. Duck, dodge and deflect. If you're not going to play fair then back to your cancer research or whatever meaningful use you are making of your time off.
You forgot "deny." :D

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're continuing to dodge the question. I see right through your misdirection and trying to turn it back around on me.

And I spend my time off watching TV and drinking. Meaningful enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Grey Ghost 1,079,675
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min voice of peace 67,931
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,374
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 174,601
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,781
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 5 hr joey 3
Abby 7-24 8 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••