“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#78151 Jan 4, 2013
I always order chili cheese dogs with onions and tomato. I dont do plain dogs.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Hot dogs can also be eaten with chili (no beans), cheese, onions, and diced tomatos. Just sayin.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78152 Jan 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
I think I love you...
<quoted text>
Awww...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78153 Jan 4, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
All those other things you listed: grilled peppers & onions
No doubt. That's even more important than the mustard.

But for a plain old hot dog on a bun. Ketchup.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78154 Jan 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a hot dog person in general, but every once in a while I get a craving for a chili dog. Occasionally, I will get a "Chicago dog" but that's whenever I'm near a Sonic, which I will be today actually, though I think I'm more in the mood for Pho.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78155 Jan 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no no...Burger--->mayo.
burger --->ketchup AND Mayo.

fries too--->ketchup AND Mayo

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78156 Jan 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds disgustingly messy. I don't like messy food.

The best thing for chili is a spoon.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78157 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
fries too--->ketchup AND Mayo
That's just wrong. Everyone knows that fries need ranch.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78158 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds disgustingly messy. I don't like messy food.
The best thing for chili is a spoon.
Oh you can't eat it like a normal hot dog. Knife and fork. <nod nod>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78159 Jan 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you can't eat it like a normal hot dog. Knife and fork. <nod nod>
So its like an open faced sammich...hate those too. Defeats the purpose of having a sandwich.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78160 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So its like an open faced sammich...hate those too. Defeats the purpose of having a sandwich.
Meh..I guess it is. Sorta like a hot beef or hot turkey sandwich is. I mean *some* people eat it like a hot dog, but *I* eat it with a knife and fork.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78161 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not to insult your Chicago restaurant, but Race lives in South Florida. Who in their right mind leave SoFla and head to Chicago for Cuban food?
Because for one thing , they can do plantains that don't taste like oily cardboard

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78162 Jan 4, 2013
Eight nurses in Indiana have been fired for refusing to get a mandatory flu shot.

While I think it's odd that these health professionals still believe they can get sick from the flu shot, I am not keen on mandating immunizations for health professionals.

I can udnerstand what's behind it, but I"m not comfortable with mandatory vaccinations for adults.

Location hidden

#78163 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So its like an open faced sammich...hate those too. Defeats the purpose of having a sandwich.
Oh, I don't know, an open face roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy on top... yum!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78164 Jan 4, 2013
I decided to lose weight and starte my diet on New Years Day. I am in the induction phase. Two weeks of no carbs, no sugars, no dairy, lots of watered down cranberry juice, 1 cup of coffee per day.

Reading these posts is like watching p orn when you have carpal tunnel syndrome.

Drool. slobber, drool

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78165 Jan 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I decided to lose weight and starte my diet on New Years Day. I am in the induction phase. Two weeks of no carbs, no sugars, no dairy, lots of watered down cranberry juice, 1 cup of coffee per day.
Reading these posts is like watching p orn when you have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Drool. slobber, drool
I'm in the same boat--back to low carb for me. But December was a total free-for-all as far as food, so I deserve it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78166 Jan 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
While I think it's odd that these health professionals still believe they can get sick from the flu shot
Like the Guillain-Barre Syndrome?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#78167 Jan 4, 2013
You know Red, it may not be that they believe that they will get sick from the flu shot. It may however be that they just don't like needles.
Years ago my department was told that we worked in a "high risk" area and that we were required to have TB skin tests twice a year from then on.
That's when you really have to step back and ask yourself is it worth all the aggravation.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78168 Jan 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Drool. slobber, drool
I've lost five pounds since I've been off work! Try my dieting method, lots of pizza and beer!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78169 Jan 4, 2013
Kids these days rant:

My SIL and her BF stayed at our house from when their break started until Christmas morning, then drove to his house in NW Indiana. Once you get on 55, it is literally three turns to his parent's driveway. They got lost. A couple times. She has a smart phone and they wrote down directions.

Now, they're on their way back for the weekend (yay...) before classes start on Monday. He got a GPS for Christmas and they're *still* having navigational issues.

Ohmygod, how does this happen? Three turns! Don't turn until you're supposed to! In my day, we had to print out Mapquest directions or *gasp* look at an atlas...

/end rant

Location hidden

#78170 Jan 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Guillain-Barre Syndrome?
You don't get GB from the flu shot, but you CAN get it from having the flu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,127,214
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Beavis 179,467
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min Cali Girl 2014 50,650
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min Grau 68,670
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 1 hr reality is a crutch 2
John Wick Brings Stylish Bloody Mayhem to Chica... 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance