Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

The Big Lebowski explains the Fiscal Cliff:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Check out this story from Kansas City:

Man answers ad for two women (a couple) who want a sperm donor. Now the women have split and the mom who kept the kid got some welfare, which means the state is going after the sperm donor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I got bored enough to check out yahoo, something I haven't done in years.
Found a story about a mom petitioning the Icelandic government to let her daughter keep her given name "Blaer" (a finnish word meaning something like "light breeze"). FInland has a list of government-approved names and "Blaer" isn't on it. The comments were funny: "I can see a government not letting you name your kid Dog Poo, but other than that, you should get to name your kid whatever you want."
Maybe Blaer MEANS "Dog Poo" in Icelandic?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Typo on my part: "Blaer" is Icelandic, not Finnish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

OH! i FORGOT to tell you about one of the boys' favorite christmas gifts! It was a ton of fun for them, but they died quickly... their dad's brother got them whoopie cushions!

The boys turn 6 and 11 next week. I'm getting the oldest one a remote control fart machine.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Do we really need kids named "Light Breeze" or "Moon Blood" or "Apple" or "Blanket?"
I think I can actually get behind Iceland's law.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OH! i FORGOT to tell you about one of the boys' favorite christmas gifts! It was a ton of fun for them, but they died quickly... their dad's brother got them whoopie cushions!
The boys turn 6 and 11 next week. I'm getting the oldest one a remote control fart machine.
does he have an ipod touch? You can get a fart app for free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>does he have an ipod touch? You can get a fart app for free.
Heh. Yeah, the kids both have ipods. But they often are at their mom's house (since that's who bought them).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Okay you folks have sucked this afternoon. I've actually made myself pretty busy at work today and I had time to post here. I expect much better from all of you tomorrow.
dahgts

Lowell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

An Orlando, Florida Subway sandwich shop was the site of a confrontation over ketchup that escalated to a 911 call and an employee firing. Luis Martinez stopped for a Philly cheesesteak at Subway located within a Walmart and asked Lawrence Ordone for his sandwich with American cheese, onions and ketchup. It was the last ingredient that led to a dispute. Ordone, the Subway sandwich artist, told Martinez they do not carry ketchup. Angry words and obscenities were exchanged and Ordone, after feeling there could be a possible gun threat, moved from behind the counter to block Martinez from leaving. Martinez asserts that Ordone then threatened to kill him, which Ordone denies. Martinez called 911 and by the time police arrived the employee had already left. Ordone was later fired from Subway. There were no physical injuries and no arrests were made but police may refer the case to the State Attorney’s Office to determine if Ordone will be prosecuted.

I thought this would happen only in Chicago with hot dogs. NO ketchup is allowed.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

dahgts wrote:
An Orlando, Florida Subway sandwich shop was the site of a confrontation over ketchup that escalated to a 911 call and an employee firing. Luis Martinez stopped for a Philly cheesesteak at Subway located within a Walmart and asked Lawrence Ordone for his sandwich with American cheese, onions and ketchup. It was the last ingredient that led to a dispute. Ordone, the Subway sandwich artist, told Martinez they do not carry ketchup. Angry words and obscenities were exchanged and Ordone, after feeling there could be a possible gun threat, moved from behind the counter to block Martinez from leaving. Martinez asserts that Ordone then threatened to kill him, which Ordone denies. Martinez called 911 and by the time police arrived the employee had already left. Ordone was later fired from Subway. There were no physical injuries and no arrests were made but police may refer the case to the State Attorney’s Office to determine if Ordone will be prosecuted.
I thought this would happen only in Chicago with hot dogs. NO ketchup is allowed.
Wow.

Out here when I order a "Chicago Dog" (my favorite by the way) they put ketchup on them unless I ask them not to, which I do. <shrug>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

You know how I am about ketchup, right?

Even *I* know that there are areas and restaurants (I'm thinking mostly the steak sub places in Philly) where I wouldn't DARE ask for ketchup. It'd be taken as a personal and ethnic and regional insult.

But a SUBWAY in a WALMART? WhoTF cares?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

And hot dogs in Chicago. ; )

Actually, the only way I could eat hot dogs is smothered in ketchup. But this year was my first year without hot dogs. I'm done forever.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

dahgts wrote:
An Orlando, Florida Subway sandwich shop was the site of a confrontation over ketchup that escalated to a 911 call and an employee firing. Luis Martinez stopped for a Philly cheesesteak at Subway located within a Walmart and asked Lawrence Ordone for his sandwich with American cheese, onions and ketchup. It was the last ingredient that led to a dispute. Ordone, the Subway sandwich artist, told Martinez they do not carry ketchup. Angry words and obscenities were exchanged and Ordone, after feeling there could be a possible gun threat, moved from behind the counter to block Martinez from leaving. Martinez asserts that Ordone then threatened to kill him, which Ordone denies. Martinez called 911 and by the time police arrived the employee had already left. Ordone was later fired from Subway. There were no physical injuries and no arrests were made but police may refer the case to the State AttorneyÂ’s Office to determine if Ordone will be prosecuted.

"Subway sandwich artist" = bwahaha ha! I don't care who you are!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Did y'all get an official notice via email that you could get a $10 Facebook settlement from a class action lawsuit. I honestly responded simply with this ... nothing more:

$10!!! Blow me!

How inappropriate given what I do for a living, lol.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>"Subway sandwich artist" = bwahaha ha! I don't care who you are!
I can see it now ...some guy out on the prowl:

Hot chick: So what do you do for a living?

Guy: I'm am artist! A subway sandwich artist!

Lol

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But a SUBWAY in a WALMART? WhoTF cares?
Its not a matter of caring. Its a matter of not having ketchup. I don't know ANY sub shops that carry ketchup unless they also serve fries(like Miami Subs).

Dude would have had just as much luck expecting Subway to make his sammich with filet mignon.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

One of my greatest pet peeves is standing behind some dude ordering something that isn't even on the menu and then arguing about it. My support goes to the sandwich "artist" and the customer should be drug out into the street and shot.

And I order my dogs with mustard, relish, AND ketchup.
dahgts

Lowell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Amy, I think,

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TKT6HDJC2O...

Abby, I hope,

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TF8J9U50OC...

I don't think I got the links right, but the columns are there.

I'm half asleep at this moment. If the dog will stop dropping tennis balls outside my bedroom door and waking me up I would be late to this game.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a matter of caring. Its a matter of not having ketchup. I don't know ANY sub shops that carry ketchup unless they also serve fries(like Miami Subs).
Dude would have had just as much luck expecting Subway to make his sammich with filet mignon.
Oh, I know subway doesn't have ketchup. But it sounds like the store employee was offended that someone would put ketchup on his work of art.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 7 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search