Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Jess, I've had it with your fat, worthless, POS governor! First, he had every opportunity to blast Obama for his inaction with hurricane Sandy, and instead he turns on his own people and praises the president for a job well done while MILLIONS of New Jerseyans were without power and homes. Now, he's turned against his own party in Washington. You people need to vote that scumbag out of office.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Jess, I've had it with your fat, worthless, POS governor! First, he had every opportunity to blast Obama for his inaction with hurricane Sandy, and instead he turns on his own people and praises the president for a job well done while MILLIONS of New Jerseyans were without power and homes. Now, he's turned against his own party in Washington. You people need to vote that scumbag out of office.
Millions? No wonder you sputter such nonsense here -- you are clueless. AT this point, fewer than 400,000 people are without power, and that's on the entire Eastern Seaboard, not just NJ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Not to mention, good for him for turning on his party! YOUR PARTY is doing CRAP for the people on the East Coast. So just because he doesn't toe the party line, he needs to be voted out?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Uuuuurgggh, I am bracing for pain this morning. Played pickup hockey last night and tripped over the blue line (aka, nothing) and landed on my ass and knocked my head a little. Neck started hurting immediately, which is never a good sign.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions? No wonder you sputter such nonsense here -- you are clueless. AT this point, fewer than 400,000 people are without power, and that's on the entire Eastern Seaboard, not just NJ.
Sandy occurred teh beginning of November and there are still 400G people without power, 6 weeks later?

Check your data.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

There are STILL 400,000 people without power!? Yeah, YOUR party is doing GREAT for these people!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sandy occurred teh beginning of November and there are still 400G people without power, 6 weeks later?
Check your data.
Heh you're right, I totally missed the date of the article. November. ; )

NO matter, edog still was wrong. Shocker.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
There are STILL 400,000 people without power!? Yeah, YOUR party is doing GREAT for these people!
Piling on is tacky. You can do better than that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Interesting article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/igorgreenwald/201...

or is forbes the same as fox?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RACE wrote:
Interesting article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/igorgreenwald/201...
or is forbes the same as fox?
I know they look at one tax ... never mind that the guy is paying way more income tax than she is.

Folks talk about raising the FICA tax for big earners and removing the SS cap, but they fail to realize that this would lead to employers paying more (which would hamper job creation) and would lead to a corresponding increase in SS benefits for these folks and thus largely defeat the purpose of raising it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Piling on is tacky. You can do better than that.
Your post wasn't showing yet when I posted that. Guess great minds think alike!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

The baby boomers who are retired and will be retiring also elected folks who raided the SS trust fund.

The baby boomers also had a cap on income subject to the SS tax, but now they say younger folks should have one.

The baby boomers also didn't pay to provide retirees with prescription drug plan for many of their working years, and were recently given this benefit.

So not only do they have benefits that they themselves didn't pay to provide retirees for, for most of their working years, but they also now want younger folks to not have a SS cap.

Everyone knew for years once they started retiring, there was going to be shortfalls in SS. They did absolutely nothing about it. If they were so concerned about their benefits, they should have paid higher taxes, themselves when they worked ... not do jack shyte about it and then once they are about to retire say younger folks should have to give us more benefits and have no cap.

We have families to raise, just like they had. Paying more in taxes doesn't do jack shyte to help someone raise a family.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

I'm so gonna be screwed with all the money the f'ing dems are spending. It's just a matter of time until they start taxing the shyte out of folks in my income bracket. I may as well just sign over any raises I get the next 10 years to the government so that other people can get free shyte.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Okay folks I have to cover the front desk for 45 minutes. Entertain me!!! Boobies!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

I got bored enough to check out yahoo, something I haven't done in years.

Found a story about a mom petitioning the Icelandic government to let her daughter keep her given name "Blaer" (a finnish word meaning something like "light breeze"). FInland has a list of government-approved names and "Blaer" isn't on it. The comments were funny: "I can see a government not letting you name your kid Dog Poo, but other than that, you should get to name your kid whatever you want."

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay folks I have to cover the front desk for 45 minutes. Entertain me!!! Boobies!!
Sorry Ang, I gotta go to lunch.

Have you looked at redbubble.com yet? I found it trying to find a My Little Pony's t-shirt for the girls. It's fan-created art for all kinds of stuff (I was looking for Pony's, but I looked at the Lord of the Rings stuff too). You can then get it printed on a tshirt or sticker. Some is really good.

I ended up getting everybody a Pony's shirt, including daddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min honeymylove 4,549
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min THE DEVIL 1,079,362
Abby 7-24 9 min Sublime1 19
Body To Body Massage 00971509265299 26 min DuabiMassageGirls 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 32 min Concerned_American 294
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,521
Execution takes 2 hours. GOOD,HAPPY 4 THAT 46 min Joe Wood killed 2 in 1989 1
Amy 7-24 59 min squishymama 17
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE