Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78087 Jan 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Jess, I've had it with your fat, worthless, POS governor! First, he had every opportunity to blast Obama for his inaction with hurricane Sandy, and instead he turns on his own people and praises the president for a job well done while MILLIONS of New Jerseyans were without power and homes. Now, he's turned against his own party in Washington. You people need to vote that scumbag out of office.
Millions? No wonder you sputter such nonsense here -- you are clueless. AT this point, fewer than 400,000 people are without power, and that's on the entire Eastern Seaboard, not just NJ.

Location hidden

#78088 Jan 3, 2013
Not to mention, good for him for turning on his party! YOUR PARTY is doing CRAP for the people on the East Coast. So just because he doesn't toe the party line, he needs to be voted out?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#78089 Jan 3, 2013
Uuuuurgggh, I am bracing for pain this morning. Played pickup hockey last night and tripped over the blue line (aka, nothing) and landed on my ass and knocked my head a little. Neck started hurting immediately, which is never a good sign.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78090 Jan 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions? No wonder you sputter such nonsense here -- you are clueless. AT this point, fewer than 400,000 people are without power, and that's on the entire Eastern Seaboard, not just NJ.
Sandy occurred teh beginning of November and there are still 400G people without power, 6 weeks later?

Check your data.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78091 Jan 3, 2013
There are STILL 400,000 people without power!? Yeah, YOUR party is doing GREAT for these people!

Location hidden

#78092 Jan 3, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sandy occurred teh beginning of November and there are still 400G people without power, 6 weeks later?
Check your data.
Heh you're right, I totally missed the date of the article. November. ; )

NO matter, edog still was wrong. Shocker.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#78093 Jan 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
There are STILL 400,000 people without power!? Yeah, YOUR party is doing GREAT for these people!
Piling on is tacky. You can do better than that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#78094 Jan 3, 2013
Interesting article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/igorgreenwald/201...

or is forbes the same as fox?

“Happy Halloween”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78095 Jan 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
Interesting article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/igorgreenwald/201...
or is forbes the same as fox?
I know they look at one tax ... never mind that the guy is paying way more income tax than she is.

Folks talk about raising the FICA tax for big earners and removing the SS cap, but they fail to realize that this would lead to employers paying more (which would hamper job creation) and would lead to a corresponding increase in SS benefits for these folks and thus largely defeat the purpose of raising it.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78096 Jan 3, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Piling on is tacky. You can do better than that.
Your post wasn't showing yet when I posted that. Guess great minds think alike!

“Happy Halloween”

Location hidden

#78097 Jan 3, 2013
The baby boomers who are retired and will be retiring also elected folks who raided the SS trust fund.

The baby boomers also had a cap on income subject to the SS tax, but now they say younger folks should have one.

The baby boomers also didn't pay to provide retirees with prescription drug plan for many of their working years, and were recently given this benefit.

So not only do they have benefits that they themselves didn't pay to provide retirees for, for most of their working years, but they also now want younger folks to not have a SS cap.

Everyone knew for years once they started retiring, there was going to be shortfalls in SS. They did absolutely nothing about it. If they were so concerned about their benefits, they should have paid higher taxes, themselves when they worked ... not do jack shyte about it and then once they are about to retire say younger folks should have to give us more benefits and have no cap.

We have families to raise, just like they had. Paying more in taxes doesn't do jack shyte to help someone raise a family.

“Happy Halloween”

Location hidden

#78098 Jan 3, 2013
I'm so gonna be screwed with all the money the f'ing dems are spending. It's just a matter of time until they start taxing the shyte out of folks in my income bracket. I may as well just sign over any raises I get the next 10 years to the government so that other people can get free shyte.

Location hidden

#78099 Jan 3, 2013
Okay folks I have to cover the front desk for 45 minutes. Entertain me!!! Boobies!!

Location hidden

#78100 Jan 3, 2013
I got bored enough to check out yahoo, something I haven't done in years.

Found a story about a mom petitioning the Icelandic government to let her daughter keep her given name "Blaer" (a finnish word meaning something like "light breeze"). FInland has a list of government-approved names and "Blaer" isn't on it. The comments were funny: "I can see a government not letting you name your kid Dog Poo, but other than that, you should get to name your kid whatever you want."

Location hidden

#78102 Jan 3, 2013
The Big Lebowski explains the Fiscal Cliff:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/...

Location hidden

#78103 Jan 3, 2013
Check out this story from Kansas City:

Man answers ad for two women (a couple) who want a sperm donor. Now the women have split and the mom who kept the kid got some welfare, which means the state is going after the sperm donor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78104 Jan 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I got bored enough to check out yahoo, something I haven't done in years.
Found a story about a mom petitioning the Icelandic government to let her daughter keep her given name "Blaer" (a finnish word meaning something like "light breeze"). FInland has a list of government-approved names and "Blaer" isn't on it. The comments were funny: "I can see a government not letting you name your kid Dog Poo, but other than that, you should get to name your kid whatever you want."
Maybe Blaer MEANS "Dog Poo" in Icelandic?

Location hidden

#78105 Jan 3, 2013
Typo on my part: "Blaer" is Icelandic, not Finnish.

Location hidden

#78106 Jan 3, 2013
OH! i FORGOT to tell you about one of the boys' favorite christmas gifts! It was a ton of fun for them, but they died quickly... their dad's brother got them whoopie cushions!

The boys turn 6 and 11 next week. I'm getting the oldest one a remote control fart machine.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78107 Jan 3, 2013
Do we really need kids named "Light Breeze" or "Moon Blood" or "Apple" or "Blanket?"
I think I can actually get behind Iceland's law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Emeem 1,130,002
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Duke Snider 50,801
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Jacques from Ottawa 179,706
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,693
Rodent Size Linked To Human Population, Climate (Aug '09) 32 min duknrose 11
Weekend violence in Chicago: 4 dead, 35 wounded 1 hr MIKETOUHY 7
Tavern burns in Hillside (Jul '08) 1 hr vance 265
Abby 10-30 2 hr RACE 32

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 7:13PM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance