Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78105 Jan 3, 2013
Typo on my part: "Blaer" is Icelandic, not Finnish.

Location hidden

#78106 Jan 3, 2013
OH! i FORGOT to tell you about one of the boys' favorite christmas gifts! It was a ton of fun for them, but they died quickly... their dad's brother got them whoopie cushions!

The boys turn 6 and 11 next week. I'm getting the oldest one a remote control fart machine.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78107 Jan 3, 2013
Do we really need kids named "Light Breeze" or "Moon Blood" or "Apple" or "Blanket?"
I think I can actually get behind Iceland's law.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#78108 Jan 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OH! i FORGOT to tell you about one of the boys' favorite christmas gifts! It was a ton of fun for them, but they died quickly... their dad's brother got them whoopie cushions!
The boys turn 6 and 11 next week. I'm getting the oldest one a remote control fart machine.
does he have an ipod touch? You can get a fart app for free.

Location hidden

#78109 Jan 3, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>does he have an ipod touch? You can get a fart app for free.
Heh. Yeah, the kids both have ipods. But they often are at their mom's house (since that's who bought them).

Location hidden

#78110 Jan 3, 2013
Okay you folks have sucked this afternoon. I've actually made myself pretty busy at work today and I had time to post here. I expect much better from all of you tomorrow.
dahgts

Hometown, IL

#78114 Jan 3, 2013
An Orlando, Florida Subway sandwich shop was the site of a confrontation over ketchup that escalated to a 911 call and an employee firing. Luis Martinez stopped for a Philly cheesesteak at Subway located within a Walmart and asked Lawrence Ordone for his sandwich with American cheese, onions and ketchup. It was the last ingredient that led to a dispute. Ordone, the Subway sandwich artist, told Martinez they do not carry ketchup. Angry words and obscenities were exchanged and Ordone, after feeling there could be a possible gun threat, moved from behind the counter to block Martinez from leaving. Martinez asserts that Ordone then threatened to kill him, which Ordone denies. Martinez called 911 and by the time police arrived the employee had already left. Ordone was later fired from Subway. There were no physical injuries and no arrests were made but police may refer the case to the State Attorney’s Office to determine if Ordone will be prosecuted.

I thought this would happen only in Chicago with hot dogs. NO ketchup is allowed.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78115 Jan 3, 2013
dahgts wrote:
An Orlando, Florida Subway sandwich shop was the site of a confrontation over ketchup that escalated to a 911 call and an employee firing. Luis Martinez stopped for a Philly cheesesteak at Subway located within a Walmart and asked Lawrence Ordone for his sandwich with American cheese, onions and ketchup. It was the last ingredient that led to a dispute. Ordone, the Subway sandwich artist, told Martinez they do not carry ketchup. Angry words and obscenities were exchanged and Ordone, after feeling there could be a possible gun threat, moved from behind the counter to block Martinez from leaving. Martinez asserts that Ordone then threatened to kill him, which Ordone denies. Martinez called 911 and by the time police arrived the employee had already left. Ordone was later fired from Subway. There were no physical injuries and no arrests were made but police may refer the case to the State Attorney’s Office to determine if Ordone will be prosecuted.
I thought this would happen only in Chicago with hot dogs. NO ketchup is allowed.
Wow.

Out here when I order a "Chicago Dog" (my favorite by the way) they put ketchup on them unless I ask them not to, which I do. <shrug>

Location hidden

#78116 Jan 3, 2013
You know how I am about ketchup, right?

Even *I* know that there are areas and restaurants (I'm thinking mostly the steak sub places in Philly) where I wouldn't DARE ask for ketchup. It'd be taken as a personal and ethnic and regional insult.

But a SUBWAY in a WALMART? WhoTF cares?

Location hidden

#78117 Jan 3, 2013
And hot dogs in Chicago. ; )

Actually, the only way I could eat hot dogs is smothered in ketchup. But this year was my first year without hot dogs. I'm done forever.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78118 Jan 3, 2013
dahgts wrote:
An Orlando, Florida Subway sandwich shop was the site of a confrontation over ketchup that escalated to a 911 call and an employee firing. Luis Martinez stopped for a Philly cheesesteak at Subway located within a Walmart and asked Lawrence Ordone for his sandwich with American cheese, onions and ketchup. It was the last ingredient that led to a dispute. Ordone, the Subway sandwich artist, told Martinez they do not carry ketchup. Angry words and obscenities were exchanged and Ordone, after feeling there could be a possible gun threat, moved from behind the counter to block Martinez from leaving. Martinez asserts that Ordone then threatened to kill him, which Ordone denies. Martinez called 911 and by the time police arrived the employee had already left. Ordone was later fired from Subway. There were no physical injuries and no arrests were made but police may refer the case to the State AttorneyÂ’s Office to determine if Ordone will be prosecuted.

"Subway sandwich artist" = bwahaha ha! I don't care who you are!

Location hidden

#78119 Jan 3, 2013
Did y'all get an official notice via email that you could get a $10 Facebook settlement from a class action lawsuit. I honestly responded simply with this ... nothing more:

$10!!! Blow me!

How inappropriate given what I do for a living, lol.

Location hidden

#78120 Jan 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>"Subway sandwich artist" = bwahaha ha! I don't care who you are!
I can see it now ...some guy out on the prowl:

Hot chick: So what do you do for a living?

Guy: I'm am artist! A subway sandwich artist!

Lol

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78121 Jan 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But a SUBWAY in a WALMART? WhoTF cares?
Its not a matter of caring. Its a matter of not having ketchup. I don't know ANY sub shops that carry ketchup unless they also serve fries(like Miami Subs).

Dude would have had just as much luck expecting Subway to make his sammich with filet mignon.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78122 Jan 4, 2013
One of my greatest pet peeves is standing behind some dude ordering something that isn't even on the menu and then arguing about it. My support goes to the sandwich "artist" and the customer should be drug out into the street and shot.

And I order my dogs with mustard, relish, AND ketchup.
dahgts

Hometown, IL

#78123 Jan 4, 2013
Amy, I think,

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TKT6HDJC2O...

Abby, I hope,

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TF8J9U50OC...

I don't think I got the links right, but the columns are there.

I'm half asleep at this moment. If the dog will stop dropping tennis balls outside my bedroom door and waking me up I would be late to this game.

Location hidden

#78124 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a matter of caring. Its a matter of not having ketchup. I don't know ANY sub shops that carry ketchup unless they also serve fries(like Miami Subs).
Dude would have had just as much luck expecting Subway to make his sammich with filet mignon.
Oh, I know subway doesn't have ketchup. But it sounds like the store employee was offended that someone would put ketchup on his work of art.

Location hidden

#78125 Jan 4, 2013
dahgts wrote:
Amy, I think,
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TKT6HDJC2O...
Abby, I hope,
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TF8J9U50OC...
I don't think I got the links right, but the columns are there.
I'm half asleep at this moment. If the dog will stop dropping tennis balls outside my bedroom door and waking me up I would be late to this game.
Thanks for posting! You're fitting right in!:)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#78126 Jan 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know subway doesn't have ketchup. But it sounds like the store employee was offended that someone would put ketchup on his work of art.
I didin't read anything in that that leads me to believe he was offended by the request for ketchup. He simply did not have it and the patron got pissed and things got more heated from there.

Location hidden

#78127 Jan 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I didin't read anything in that that leads me to believe he was offended by the request for ketchup. He simply did not have it and the patron got pissed and things got more heated from there.
You're right, I re-read it.

I hate when you're right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,153,646
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min loose cannon 181,785
Amy 12-19 32 min Mister Tonka 8
abby 12-19 37 min Sublime1 6
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 51 min not a ghost 357
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 52 min Mandela 71,007
Word (Dec '08) 53 min not a ghost 4,793
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:39 am PST

NBC Sports 3:39AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears