Comments
77,021 - 77,040 of 97,827 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78046
Jan 2, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I watch Parenthood, but it's been hit or miss.
We do, too. Agree that it's been irregular, but I seriously am hoping Ray Romano gets struck by lighting or has a piano fall on him from a great height.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78047
Jan 2, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
While this is normal "girl stuff, dont care", having peeps plan things that you have expressly stated you do not want annoys the living crap outta me.
You should tell everyone that just because one person thinks they know best, they dont know sheit, and you will not go against your friends wishes.
Rinse, repeat.
<quoted text>
Dude, aside from only three changes in spelling this was word for word my first thoughts about it.(If I'd written it down I'd have included the apostrophes in the don'ts and spelled sheit as shyte)
And yeah, I know I'm a girl, but most of that stuff bores me even more than sports.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78048
Jan 2, 2013
 
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>We do, too. Agree that it's been irregular, but I seriously am hoping Ray Romano gets struck by lighting or has a piano fall on him from a great height.
I've only seen one episode with him (just a couple of weeks ago). I feel like he's going to come between the sister (the one who was on Gilmore Girls) and the younger teacher boyfriend. But that sister annoys the crap out of me, so I think Ray should hook up with the teacher boyfriend and leave the sister crying.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78049
Jan 2, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only seen one episode with him (just a couple of weeks ago). I feel like he's going to come between the sister (the one who was on Gilmore Girls) and the younger teacher boyfriend. But that sister annoys the crap out of me, so I think Ray should hook up with the teacher boyfriend and leave the sister crying.
That part of the story is irritating. But they are doing the cancer thing with the other sister really well. Awesomely written. AND the annoying sister's son -- his girlfriend is pregnant. At least that's what it showed on the preview last night.

I love the show. I have this ability to ignore the story lines that irritate me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78050
Jan 2, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That part of the story is irritating. But they are doing the cancer thing with the other sister really well. Awesomely written. AND the annoying sister's son -- his girlfriend is pregnant. At least that's what it showed on the preview last night.
I love the show. I have this ability to ignore the story lines that irritate me.
I think it's a good enough show that the irritating/less interesting story lines don't detract from the good scenes. I think it's one of the best dramas on TV.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78051
Jan 2, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Warning, chick venting ahead:
Friend M is getting married. Three of us are in the wedding. It’s her second wedding, she has a house and a baby. She has been adamant to all of us: No bachelorette party, no shower of any kind. A bridemaid pushed, and finally M agreed to dinner and drinks with friends somewhere, but NO parties.
Of course, now this bridesmaid is planning a secret lingerie shower (which M HATES, and absolutely would not want) AND a bachelorette party. I reminded her that M doesn’t want any of that and we should respect her wishes, but BM’s attitude is “She’s just saying that, once it happens, she’ll have fun.”(Um, no, M hates being the center of attention.)
I also told them that I do not do bridal showers, never have and never will, and M knew that when she asked me to be her MOH and she was fine with that, and that should be further indication that M really does not want these parties. And still they’re emailing around, trying to plan parties the bride has specifically stated – today – that she does not want.
58
I think I would tell M about what's being planned.*I* would hate, hate, hate all of that stuff and I would want someone to warn me.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78052
Jan 2, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you sure?" etc.
/facepalm

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78053
Jan 2, 2013
 
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I would tell M about what's being planned.*I* would hate, hate, hate all of that stuff and I would want someone to warn me.
I did -- even forwarded a copule of email threads to her, because friend T was STILL saying that basically becuase I was opposed to showers, doesn't mean we shouldn't do one for M. Ugh.

I told her several times "M doesn't want this, she TOLD me, specifically." Still, T then sent an email to me and M saying 'Obviously ang and I are of different opinions on this, so what do YOU want?" LIke I"d lie about what M told me she wanted?

I have several emails from the women, and they remain unread at this point.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78054
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I did -- even forwarded a copule of email threads to her, because friend T was STILL saying that basically becuase I was opposed to showers, doesn't mean we shouldn't do one for M. Ugh.
I told her several times "M doesn't want this, she TOLD me, specifically." Still, T then sent an email to me and M saying 'Obviously ang and I are of different opinions on this, so what do YOU want?" LIke I"d lie about what M told me she wanted?
I have several emails from the women, and they remain unread at this point.
So, are you throwing a shower for M? ;)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78055
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I did -- even forwarded a copule of email threads to her, because friend T was STILL saying that basically becuase I was opposed to showers, doesn't mean we shouldn't do one for M. Ugh.
I told her several times "M doesn't want this, she TOLD me, specifically." Still, T then sent an email to me and M saying 'Obviously ang and I are of different opinions on this, so what do YOU want?" LIke I"d lie about what M told me she wanted?
I have several emails from the women, and they remain unread at this point.
Oh, please read them and provide excerpts.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78057
Jan 2, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please read them and provide excerpts.
Brilliant! Yes!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78058
Jan 2, 2013
 
OMG. My dad just emailed me, telling me about this guy who's just getting divorced and asking if he can give him my number. Not only am I nowhere near ready, but way to sell it, dad ("I'm so glad he's getting rid of that bitch" or something like that).

I replied "Let me be blunt - absolutely not."

At least this time he asked first....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78059
Jan 2, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
OMG. My dad just emailed me, telling me about this guy who's just getting divorced and asking if he can give him my number. Not only am I nowhere near ready, but way to sell it, dad ("I'm so glad he's getting rid of that bitch" or something like that).
I replied "Let me be blunt - absolutely not."
At least this time he asked first....
Wow. Just, wow.

Dad is looking out for you, I guess. In his way.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78060
Jan 2, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Just, wow.
Dad is looking out for you, I guess. In his way.
Or he just really wants her to get married. Maybe he's upset about a seven year relationship that went no where. Maybe he's hoping for some grandchildren.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78061
Jan 2, 2013
 
tell him your dating some guy with a boat in Ft Lauderdale.

(then do it.)
j_m_w wrote:
OMG. My dad just emailed me, telling me about this guy who's just getting divorced and asking if he can give him my number. Not only am I nowhere near ready, but way to sell it, dad ("I'm so glad he's getting rid of that bitch" or something like that).
I replied "Let me be blunt - absolutely not."
At least this time he asked first....

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78062
Jan 2, 2013
 
What Toj said. I know he means well, it just comes out really inappropriately sometimes.

He knows he's not getting grandchildren from ME and he has them from my stepbrothers anyway. And after ending an 8.5 year relationship, 3 months is NOT long enough. For me, anyway.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78063
Jan 2, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
tell him your dating some guy with a boat in Ft Lauderdale.
(then do it.)
<quoted text>
HA!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78064
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

j_m_w wrote:
What Toj said. I know he means well, it just comes out really inappropriately sometimes.
He knows he's not getting grandchildren from ME and he has them from my stepbrothers anyway. And after ending an 8.5 year relationship, 3 months is NOT long enough. For me, anyway.
And separate from that: Who wants to date someone who's IN THE MIDDLE of divorcing? Not me, no way, no how.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78065
Jan 2, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I did -- even forwarded a copule of email threads to her, because friend T was STILL saying that basically becuase I was opposed to showers, doesn't mean we shouldn't do one for M. Ugh.
I told her several times "M doesn't want this, she TOLD me, specifically." Still, T then sent an email to me and M saying 'Obviously ang and I are of different opinions on this, so what do YOU want?" LIke I"d lie about what M told me she wanted?
I have several emails from the women, and they remain unread at this point.
Oh for crissakes, way way way too much drama.*I* would end up opting out, even as MOH, unless it was a VERY GOOD friend. I wouldn't put up with that kind of Jr. HS crap for a second. Glad you told her and glad she told T that SHE didn't want it. I would be a little pissed at T for emailing M as if I lied though. WTH?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78066
Jan 2, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please read them and provide excerpts.
Ditto!

Actually just post ALL of them...
/nosey

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TSM 1,096,196
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 68,850
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Beavis 176,805
Abby 8-22 19 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Chickenpoo 49,272
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) 23 min Redlex busted 179
Amy 8-22 26 min edogxxx 4

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••