Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#78064 Jan 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
What Toj said. I know he means well, it just comes out really inappropriately sometimes.
He knows he's not getting grandchildren from ME and he has them from my stepbrothers anyway. And after ending an 8.5 year relationship, 3 months is NOT long enough. For me, anyway.
And separate from that: Who wants to date someone who's IN THE MIDDLE of divorcing? Not me, no way, no how.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78065 Jan 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I did -- even forwarded a copule of email threads to her, because friend T was STILL saying that basically becuase I was opposed to showers, doesn't mean we shouldn't do one for M. Ugh.
I told her several times "M doesn't want this, she TOLD me, specifically." Still, T then sent an email to me and M saying 'Obviously ang and I are of different opinions on this, so what do YOU want?" LIke I"d lie about what M told me she wanted?
I have several emails from the women, and they remain unread at this point.
Oh for crissakes, way way way too much drama.*I* would end up opting out, even as MOH, unless it was a VERY GOOD friend. I wouldn't put up with that kind of Jr. HS crap for a second. Glad you told her and glad she told T that SHE didn't want it. I would be a little pissed at T for emailing M as if I lied though. WTH?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78066 Jan 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please read them and provide excerpts.
Ditto!

Actually just post ALL of them...
/nosey

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78067 Jan 2, 2013
RACE wrote:
tell him your dating some guy with a boat in Ft Lauderdale.
(then do it.)
<quoted text>
Should I be jealous?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78068 Jan 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
OMG. My dad just emailed me, telling me about this guy who's just getting divorced and asking if he can give him my number. Not only am I nowhere near ready, but way to sell it, dad ("I'm so glad he's getting rid of that bitch" or something like that).
I replied "Let me be blunt - absolutely not."
At least this time he asked first....
Wow.

You did the right thing with saying no. I'm with Angela. In the middle of a divorce? Uh, no, no way no how. Not even within a couple of years after, not seriously anyway. Too much drama/baggage.

Location hidden

#78069 Jan 2, 2013
No, you should be anticipating a threesome.89

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#78070 Jan 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
He knows he's not getting grandchildren from ME and he has them from my stepbrothers anyway. And after ending an 8.5 year relationship, 3 months is NOT long enough. For me, anyway.
Alright, no need to bite my head off, I wasn't aware there were already grandchildren in the picture and I had thought you mentioned you and J were together for 7 years. Sorry for not knowing all the intimate details of your life. If you'd like, I could set up surveillance on you?

Eh, never mind. I'm too lazy and cheap for that.

And give the divorcing guy a break (I'm not saying you should date him, I'm just defending his desire to date during a divorce.) Maybe his marriage "ended" ten years ago and he's just now coming to terms with the fact he can't fix it, and dating again is all part of the moving on process? I seem to recall you ladies have a different opinion on this when the divorcing dater is a woman.

West Palm Beach, FL

#78071 Jan 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, no need to bite my head off, I wasn't aware there were already grandchildren in the picture and I had thought you mentioned you and J were together for 7 years. Sorry for not knowing all the intimate details of your life. If you'd like, I could set up surveillance on you?

Eh, never mind. I'm too lazy and cheap for that.

And give the divorcing guy a break (I'm not saying you should date him, I'm just defending his desire to date during a divorce.) Maybe his marriage "ended" ten years ago and he's just now coming to terms with the fact he can't fix it, and dating again is all part of the moving on process? I seem to recall you ladies have a different opinion on this when the divorcing dater is a woman.
I just thought it was counterproductive to my dad's sales pitch to mention the divorce and the temperament of the ex-wife.

And when I bite your head off, you'll know it!
;)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78072 Jan 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
If I read this as suggestive, you *know* he will. Stop giving him ammunition lol.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#78073 Jan 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
No, you should be anticipating a threesome.89
Ha!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78074 Jan 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought it was counterproductive to my dad's sales pitch to mention the divorce and the temperament of the ex-wife.
;)
Just pullin on your pigtails, darlin
:)

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#78075 Jan 2, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
If I read this as suggestive, you *know* he will. Stop giving him ammunition lol.
Hey, I don't want EITHER head bitten off!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#78076 Jan 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> They are boys so this might not work as well, but we watched Disney's Cinderella a lot and there is a scene where she is singing while scrubbing the floor. My two girls thought it was really neat to wash the floor on your hands and knees. Who was I to object?
I have a photo of A doing that soon after they moved to their place in munich.

Toj, M is 20 months old, and there's ALREADY plenty of his messes to clean up... the 2 boys are good at picking one bucket to dump out nad play iwht for 10 minutes before moving on to the next bucket, yet hell hath no fury like these 2 if someone suggest that they clean up hte bucket of cars before moving on to the next batch of mess.

<sigh>

but really, aside from A's whining when he's tired, the 3 week visit is going well.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#78077 Jan 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That part of the story is irritating. But they are doing the cancer thing with the other sister really well. Awesomely written. AND the annoying sister's son -- his girlfriend is pregnant. At least that's what it showed on the preview last night.
I love the show. I have this ability to ignore the story lines that irritate me.
Yeah, me too, and I have seen less probable things happening in real life, so I just figure, w'th'ell.
I agree about the cancer storyline.
The adoption one, sometimes I really wanna give that mom or the little girl a smack.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78078 Jan 2, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a photo of A doing that soon after they moved to their place in munich.
Toj, M is 20 months old, and there's ALREADY plenty of his messes to clean up... the 2 boys are good at picking one bucket to dump out nad play iwht for 10 minutes before moving on to the next bucket, yet hell hath no fury like these 2 if someone suggest that they clean up hte bucket of cars before moving on to the next batch of mess.
<sigh>
but really, aside from A's whining when he's tired, the 3 week visit is going well.
Awww, then he's just a little cutie, then!

West Palm Beach, FL

#78079 Jan 2, 2013
This game is not going well. Where's cycle when I need him???

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#78080 Jan 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, then he's just a little cutie, then!
yes, M can be quite the charmer...:-D he sometimes comes into a room about 3 paces, will stand there, smile and then stomp one foot, almost like dancing, and, when you ask "what doin' M" (which is how he asks what you're doing), he'll start giggling and run out. A can also be charming. he's into telling stories. he was telling one today, that may have been based on something he saw on TV, about gooey dinosaurs and grandparents that saved someone. he gets a sweet expression on his face when he tells his tales, which we need to remember when he starts grabbing toys and/or whining.

i'll try to post an avatar with both of them, at least for a bit.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#78081 Jan 3, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, M can be quite the charmer...:-D he sometimes comes into a room about 3 paces, will stand there, smile and then stomp one foot, almost like dancing, and, when you ask "what doin' M" (which is how he asks what you're doing), he'll start giggling and run out. A can also be charming. he's into telling stories. he was telling one today, that may have been based on something he saw on TV, about gooey dinosaurs and grandparents that saved someone. he gets a sweet expression on his face when he tells his tales, which we need to remember when he starts grabbing toys and/or whining.
i'll try to post an avatar with both of them, at least for a bit.
You should record their stories somehow. Can you imagine them hearing that back after 20 years?

Location hidden

#78082 Jan 3, 2013
I'm going to post the columns. BRB.

Location hidden

#78083 Jan 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,839
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min litesong 49,181
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Jacques Ottawa 181,797
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 31 min barefoot2626 16
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 56 min Bulls 359
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 58 min Cracker Jack 40
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,866
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance