Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

I had good intentions of going to hear a friend's band, but I fell asleep at 9:30 and when I got up it was next year.

However, Husband, hearing my computer lamenst has offered me one of his towers. He upgraded his office systems and this was now extra.
It is a Vostro which I have never heard of but as long as it works , teh price is right. Spent today transferring things. All that is left is my itunes account which I think I will just download from my iPod. Husband wants me to move itunes to teh cloud and do it that way but I get confused easily.

(Northwestern won and NIU is playing. Life is good)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I don't see a new Amy. Since no one posted yer yesterday, i posted it today.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUQC5FMO06...

abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T026LDTBVK...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Ok,
So you posted yesterdays amy and called it 12=31-12
and Today's abby and called it 1-1-13

Even though yesterdays amy should be 1-1-13
and todays abby should be 1-2-13

Just gotta mess with us doncha!
Mister Tonka wrote:
abby
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
abby
Here you go

Amy 1-2-13
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI21KV48TP...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RACE wrote:
Ok,
So you posted yesterdays amy and called it 12=31-12
and Today's abby and called it 1-1-13
Even though yesterdays amy should be 1-1-13
and todays abby should be 1-2-13
Just gotta mess with us doncha!
<quoted text>
yesteday, day before. Whatever. I just grabbed the newest one I saw.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go
Amy 1-2-13
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI21KV48TP...
That's the same one I posted and WaPo dates it as 12/31
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's the same one I posted and WaPo dates it as 12/31
THat has been happening a lot lately: the different papers are posting different columns on a given day

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Happy New Year all! Had a quiet night in with J since he's sick. Drank wine, ate pizza, and watched Death Proof and this old HBO doc about a dad that gives his teenage kids extacy. Weird stuff.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

the Denver Post usually has the current column. I get up early and would post, but even though I am pretty comp literate I haven't figured out how you guys do it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

dahgts wrote:
the Denver Post usually has the current column. I get up early and would post, but even though I am pretty comp literate I haven't figured out how you guys do it.
Copy. Paste.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Happy New Year everybody!

We had an intersting NYE celebration. I made the flourless choc. tort and then fell asleep before removing it from the pan. Big mistake; almost didn't get it out of the pan and it was all crumbly and lumpy. Good thing the glaze is supposed to be pourable! It tasted great, however, so who cares what it looks like, right?

The dinner was composed of a bunch of stuff I only sorta liked including a very bony red snapper, so I ended up just eating a lot of homemade mac&cheese and drinking too much wine. So I had just settled in to enjoy my buzz and wait for midnight with my eldest curled up next to me. Suddenly she sits up with *that* look and starts retching, so I run with her off to the bathroom where she proceedes to puke her guts up. And she continued to do that for the next 24 hours. Poor thing.

So my plans for New Year's Day were totally blown (which is OK, I was just planning on cleaning the apt) and I snugged with a sick girl all day. She was even too sick to watch TV!

PEllen, sorry you missed your friend at The Knot. We passed by there on our way home (around 12:45ish) and there were still peeps there. That's the in-law's favorite spot, btw. We've celebrated many occasions there.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

So, i think i just did something i shouldn't have.... M is odd in that he looooves cleaning; give him a swiffer and he's in 7th heaven (oh, to be a toddler again). he just knocked over his bowl of dry cheerios, and stood back and looked at the mess for a bit. i had the brilliant (?) idea of getting hte vacuum/carpet sweeper to let/make him clean up his mess...

good thing the battery died, or i'd have a new set of nicks on the furniture from where he runs into the dining room table and chairs.

how much money should i put down that he starts dumping his snacks on purpose just so that he can clean?!?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

So who watches the TV show "Parenthood"?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Warning, chick venting ahead:

Friend M is getting married. Three of us are in the wedding. It’s her second wedding, she has a house and a baby. She has been adamant to all of us: No bachelorette party, no shower of any kind. A bridemaid pushed, and finally M agreed to dinner and drinks with friends somewhere, but NO parties.

Of course, now this bridesmaid is planning a secret lingerie shower (which M HATES, and absolutely would not want) AND a bachelorette party. I reminded her that M doesn’t want any of that and we should respect her wishes, but BM’s attitude is “She’s just saying that, once it happens, she’ll have fun.”(Um, no, M hates being the center of attention.)

I also told them that I do not do bridal showers, never have and never will, and M knew that when she asked me to be her MOH and she was fine with that, and that should be further indication that M really does not want these parties. And still they’re emailing around, trying to plan parties the bride has specifically stated – today – that she does not want.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
So, i think i just did something i shouldn't have.... M is odd in that he looooves cleaning; give him a swiffer and he's in 7th heaven (oh, to be a toddler again). he just knocked over his bowl of dry cheerios, and stood back and looked at the mess for a bit. i had the brilliant (?) idea of getting hte vacuum/carpet sweeper to let/make him clean up his mess...
good thing the battery died, or i'd have a new set of nicks on the furniture from where he runs into the dining room table and chairs.
how much money should i put down that he starts dumping his snacks on purpose just so that he can clean?!?
Give him a list of your cleaning chores and keep him busy with that.

Want to start a pool guessing at what age he'll grow out of this and you'll be stuck cleaning after him?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Friend M is getting married. Three of us are in the wedding. It’s her second wedding, she has a house and a baby. She has been adamant to all of us: No bachelorette party, no shower of any kind. A bridemaid pushed, and finally M agreed to dinner and drinks with friends somewhere, but NO parties.
Of course, now this bridesmaid is planning a secret lingerie shower (which M HATES, and absolutely would not want) AND a bachelorette party. I reminded her that M doesn’t want any of that and we should respect her wishes, but BM’s attitude is “She’s just saying that, once it happens, she’ll have fun.”(Um, no, M hates being the center of attention.)
I also told them that I do not do bridal showers, never have and never will, and M knew that when she asked me to be her MOH and she was fine with that, and that should be further indication that M really does not want these parties. And still they’re emailing around, trying to plan parties the bride has specifically stated – today – that she does not want.
Take M out somewhere on the date of the shower/party shopping or doing whatever you feel like doing and don't show up.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Would you consider telling the bride? She seems like the only person that could stop this, since the bridesmaid is not listening to you.

Silly girl! Doesn't she know you're always right?
:D

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
Lulu loves cleaning too. At school, she will use her free time to clean up the supplies and such.

But at the in-law's, they've started paying her (and Nunu) for chores which I'm completely in favor of. So the other day, when it finally snowed, Lulu went out to play in it and shoveled all the sidewalks. When she finally came in, she cleared her throat several times, pointed out the window and said "Um, don't you owe me something?" Little stinker!

We ended up giving her a $2 bill and made a big deal about how rare it is. That satified her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you consider telling the bride? She seems like the only person that could stop this, since the bridesmaid is not listening to you.
Silly girl! Doesn't she know you're always right?
:D
Oh yeah, I told the bride. Forwarded a couple of emails to her so she'd get that they're going to do this regardless. She finally sent a group email herself and put her foot down. And still the friend came back with "Are you sure?" etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I watch Parenthood, but it's been hit or miss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 6 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search