Comments
76,941 - 76,960 of 97,967 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77966 Dec 31, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
So, one of our friends is a shop manager. He's been having problems with people dumping their trash in his dumpster. They only have one of the mini sized ones, so when some lazy cheap slag dumped four large bags in it, it was nearly filled.
He put on the gloves and pawed through a bit, and found a pile of mail, recent stuff. Called the cops here, and in the city the dumper had on the mail and filed reports for illegal dumping with both cities.
He's called the cops in the other town and asked, and they've told him that if he verifies that the person still lives at that address, he's within his rights to "return" her garbage, he just has to leave it in the bags. Cop said "good job, I'm proud of you" when he called. LOL!
Hoping I can talk Bear into us going along to watch the slag get her trash back.
LOVE IT! I Think you should find a new mom and take a big garbage bag of dirty diapers off her hands, too.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#77967 Dec 31, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Q1. That husband is a genius. Makes her happy and avoids the drama. RIGHT? I AGREE.
Q2. "How can I politely steer myself away from these questions?"
Stop worrying about polite. WHY NOT SAY: "I DON'T KISS AND TELL AND I MAKE A HABIT OF KEEPING PERSONAL ISSUES SUCH AS MY FERTILITY, PERSONAL."
"A: Wow, you know a lot of dreadful people. I, too, had a baby at 40 (the regular way, not that anybody asked me) and I can't recall one person saying anything but how happy they were for me."
This. If I had something negative to say about the situation, I'd do the right thing and say it behind their back.:) HA!!
Q3. I think these peeps are being unreasonable. I mean why is it such a big problm to let mom invite some of her friends, especially if she's willing to pay. I paid for our wedding. No money from the parents. I certainly did not have an unlimited budget. But I was more than happy to invite a few of my mom's friends. Friends that I did not know at all. It made her happy to have her friends there. THEN THE OTHER INLAWS WANT TO INVITE THEIR FRIENDS AND THEN THERE ARE THE COUSINS OF COUSINS -- YADDA, YADDA.
Q.4 "A: If I understand, the question you're asking me is if you should pursue a romantic relationship with your male ex who is becoming a female ex."
WTF?!? You need to ask? EVIDENTLY. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST WEIRD.
Q5."he wraps his left arm protectively around his food and hovers his upper body over it"
He eaither has a bunch of older brothers or spent time in prison.
His behavior is not going to magically change by itself. If you want him to change, you need to use your words. PRISON? I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT.
Q6. "A: It's very sad to have to estrange yourself from your family, but that may be your only recourse." IT'S PROBABLY UNREALISTIC. BETTER TO EQUIP HER ON HOW TO BE IN CONTROL OF ANY CONTACT SHE WANTS WITH HER FAMILY. THERAPY.
Q7."Do I owe her the truth as I understand it?" Yes. AGREED
Q8."Should I forget the age difference and enjoy the relationship?" You want Prudy's permission? You're to stupid to date. IF THIS WOMAN CAN GET OVER THE YUCK FACTOR (THAT I WOULD HAVE), DO WHATEVER.
I commented on your responses within the quote.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77968 Dec 31, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
At a big wedding with 150, 200 guests, I can see adding a few of mom's friends (if she's known the women for 30 years, they know her son vicariously through her). But 70 people? That's pretty small. Will these 10 friends want to bring their husbands (it's a fair/reasonable expectation on their part). Then we're talking 20 people.
Sounds like the couple knew MIL would want to insert herself and that's why they decided to not let her be involved in the first place.
She sounds like one of those MILs who will insist that she has every right to be in the delivery room, too.
I was thinking the same thing.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77969 Dec 31, 2012
They say a breakthrough on teh fiscal cliff. I haven't read the article -- it's the first entry on Google news and it's CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57561384/...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77970 Dec 31, 2012
I wish I had $5 million dollars to exempt. Damn!

(:) Starting to read.)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#77971 Dec 31, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I commented on your responses within the quote.
Hmmm. Yuck factor on 72 year old dude?

Just to clarify, do you think your typical 50 something year old woman would have to get over a yuck factor to date someone that looked like...

Harrison Ford?
Al Pacino?
James Brolin?
Jimmy Cann?
Sam Elliot?
Chuck Norris?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77972 Dec 31, 2012
Why are women so difficult?

I was planning on having a nice evening to myself, large fire to welcome in the new year...

Texted a female friend, "So, whats your plans for tonight?"

Texts back "was supposed to go to dinner, but feeling sick"

Text back "Thats terrible, hope you feel better. If you want you can come over and share your germs"

30 minutes later get a text from another female.
"coming up tonight, wanna play cards and have drinks?"

Wait for text back from first female....
Nothing, so I send her a text saying that I have to begg off, got another invite.

She texts back "gee thanks"

Im like WTF? So text back "Would you rather I be with you? You gave me no indication, and you had other plans."

What the heck?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77973 Dec 31, 2012
Im going for a boat ride...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#77974 Dec 31, 2012
RACE wrote:
I was planning on having a nice evening to myself, large fire to welcome in the new year...
Text back "Thats terrible, hope you feel better. If you want you can come over and share your germs"
Nothing, so I send her a text saying that I have to begg off, got another invite.
Im like WTF? So text back "Would you rather I be with you? You gave me no indication, and you had other plans."
What the heck?
Your message to her did not indicate any urgency of finalizing plans. It was pretty open ended. Instead of just waiting to see if she responded, then pulling the rug out from under her, you probably should have at least let her know that you got another invite and given her the chance to either commit or decline.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77975 Dec 31, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I interpreted non-single to mean she had a boyfriend, not a husband. And I'll disagree.
Perhaps the longer you've been married, the greater chance you have of working through your spouse making out with someone, but that is a major affront. To me, that's just a few steps away from having sex. We read all sorts of nonsense in these letters about people having "emotional affairs". F that. Making out with someone is way worse in my book.
Correct, they were dating for about a year - NOT married.

And I agree. It's a deal-breaker. She knows she effed up and feels terrible.

West Palm Beach, FL

#77976 Dec 31, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy would you go home with a guy from the bar except to have sex with him? I never went home just to make out.
First of all, I believe her - why would she lie to me?

Second, they did not make out AT the bar or in front of me anywhere. The guy lives in the same building as me and I was SHOCKED when she did not get off the elevator with me and stayed with him.

Location hidden

#77977 Dec 31, 2012
RACE wrote:
What the heck?
bitches be crazy.

But you knew that.

Location hidden

#77978 Dec 31, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I believe her - why would she lie to me?
Second, they did not make out AT the bar or in front of me anywhere. The guy lives in the same building as me and I was SHOCKED when she did not get off the elevator with me and stayed with him.
oh, i believe her, too, just via you. That was good enough for me. I just wouldn't bother going home with a guy if all I had in mind was making out. ;)

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77979 Dec 31, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm. Yuck factor on 72 year old dude?
Just to clarify, do you think your typical 50 something year old woman would have to get over a yuck factor to date someone that looked like...
Harrison Ford?
Al Pacino?
James Brolin?
Jimmy Cann?
Sam Elliot?
Chuck Norris?
Have you SEEN James Brolin lately?:)

Location hidden

#77980 Dec 31, 2012
Why do you think she did it? Do you think her relationship was having trouble/wasn't a good fit after getting to know each other for a year?

Did her boyfriend find out and he broke up with her, or she took her behavior as a sign that her boyfriend isn't who she should be with, and she ended things?

Location hidden

#77981 Dec 31, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm. Yuck factor on 72 year old dude?
Harrison Ford?
Al Pacino?
James Brolin?
Jimmy Cann?
Sam Elliot?
Chuck Norris?
I would be willing to date a few of them. But believe me, the average 70yo guy going after women 20 years younger via match.com are NOT in the Harrison Ford/James Brolin category. THey DO tend to be men who haven't aged well and aren't accepting that they'll be more likely to get a woman near their own age.

ONline dating: The older the guy, the greater the age gap he wants in a date.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77982 Dec 31, 2012
RACE wrote:
What the heck?
Tonka's right. She probably did think you got a better offer so you were dumping those maybe plans with her. Not sayin' that was your intention at all, but that's probably how she saw it.

West Palm Beach, FL

#77983 Dec 31, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Why do you think she did it? Do you think her relationship was having trouble/wasn't a good fit after getting to know each other for a year?
Did her boyfriend find out and he broke up with her, or she took her behavior as a sign that her boyfriend isn't who she should be with, and she ended things?
She knew the relationship would end sooner or later because they just weren't going in the same direction. So I think what happened is a symptom of underlying issues - nothing terrible, but just knowing that they weren't right for each other.

Her boyfriend broke up with her. She denied doing anything with another guy and told him she slept on my couch, but either he or one of his friends saw us downtown because he described the other guy's shirt. Like I said, nothing overtly WRONG happened in front of me, but I guess he put two and two together.

Her boyfriend also told her she should consider making new friends because it's not cool that I let her "flirt" with another guy knowing she's in a relationship. That stung. But she told him to leave me out of it and that I'm not responsible for anything between them.

I truly had no idea anything bad was going to happen until the elevator doors closed in my face. That's where the naivety comes in and I need to get better about that.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#77984 Dec 31, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Tonka's right. She probably did think you got a better offer so you were dumping those maybe plans with her. Not sayin' that was your intention at all, but that's probably how she saw it.
All about perception sometimes.

I recall one time I had no inention of going out one night. Girl called to see if I wanted to do something. Told her no thanks. Stayin home. Then a couple friends showed up at my door. Invite over the phone is a lot easier to decline than when someone's there in your face saying "get your ass dressed". Ended up shooting pool. Chick ended up at the same place and that's exactly how she took it: Better offer came along.

Location hidden

#77985 Dec 31, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Her boyfriend also told her she should consider making new friends because it's not cool that I let her "flirt" with another guy knowing she's in a relationship. That stung. But she told him to leave me out of it and that I'm not responsible for anything between them.
Good for your friend. Maybe he spoke out of hurt, but he was completely wrong. Now, if your friend routinely was flirting with guys at the bar and going home with them (while also being in a LTR), then it's up to you as to whether you want to be friends with her, but this one instance? I wouldn't want any responsibility for that either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,101,547
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,530
Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs (Jun '09) 12 min tax war profits 109,597
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min litesong 46,382
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 53 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••