“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77904 Dec 29, 2012
sometimes all the little icons over there go to a palate and there is just the one icon for the palate, which I click to see them all.
j_m_w wrote:
The little speaker icon that used to be on the far right in the taskbar has disappeared. Why? How can I get it back? The settings say to always display it but it is MIA.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77905 Dec 29, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sweet. I've thought about doing it but I end up over-analyzing (is the person behind me rich? will they appreciate this? do they need it?) and psyche myself out. Maybe tomorrow. ;)
Almost everyone likes a surprise present. <nod nod>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#77906 Dec 29, 2012
And how do you know what he's even ordering? Maybe he's just wanting a bagel and and orange juice. And don't the coffee types and prices range from $40 to $350 anyway? Do you just pick one and hope that's what he wanted?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#77907 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
And how do you know what he's even ordering? Maybe he's just wanting a bagel and and orange juice. And don't the coffee types and prices range from $40 to $350 anyway? Do you just pick one and hope that's what he wanted?
How stupid are you?(That's rhetorical by the way -- OMG we know.) You tell the cashier you want to buy a medium (or large) coffee (or whatever) for the person behind you and they charge you that amount. Whatever the person decides to buy, the cashier will deduct that amount. They pick what they want.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77908 Dec 29, 2012
Hipster: nerd with a sUperiority complex.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77909 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
It's not that hard.

"I would like a grande sugar-free hazelnut latter with 3 Splenda, no foam...and whatever he/she <pointing at person waiting behind me> is drinking." Seriously? This was that hard for you to figure out?

Boca Raton, FL

#77910 Dec 29, 2012
It's Plaid-erday!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77911 Dec 29, 2012
*latte

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77912 Dec 29, 2012
Look, I just want my coffee percolated for 30 minutes until it is as black as coal. I want it to pour out like syrup into my cup.
but if you think I am paying more that a buck for that, your flipping crazy.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#77913 Dec 29, 2012

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77914 Dec 29, 2012
RACE wrote:
Look, I just want my coffee percolated for 30 minutes until it is as black as coal. I want it to pour out like syrup into my cup.
but if you think I am paying more that a buck for that, your flipping crazy.
I had Vietnamese coffee today. I love it so much. It doesn't percolate, it drips, but it's like syrup it's so strong and thick. Of course I *did* pay more than a buck for it. <shrug>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77915 Dec 29, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Heh. Thanks. I forwarde it to him!

West Palm Beach, FL

#77916 Dec 29, 2012
Ugh. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown if I don't make some changes. And believe it or not, this comment has nothing to do with A or Jasper.

Need... Sleep....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77917 Dec 30, 2012

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#77918 Dec 30, 2012
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TR7K5CKAIKSVE4HC5#lastPos t
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8QGDKAMPE...

Abby

Good morning slug a beds. There is only a day and a half left of the year. Up and at em'

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77919 Dec 30, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Good morning slug a beds. There is only a day and a half left of the year. Up and at em'
Yay! Another day and a half before my president makes sure my taxes go up about four grand a year! So glad we re elected this guy! I'm sure the next four years will bring nothing but prosperity and economic tranquility! Much like the last four years!

West Palm Beach, FL

#77920 Dec 30, 2012
Plaid-erday night turned into "get really drunk, hang out with a group of strangers, and watch my non-single friend go home with a guy we just met." Oy vey.

Sunday is going to consist of napping, taking a bubble bath (which I can do with my phone in its Lifeproof case if I want), hanging out with my dogs, and watching football. I'm trying to get motivated to either order lunch, go pick up lunch, or just make a PB&J.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77921 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Plaid-erday night turned into "get really drunk, hang out with a group of strangers, and watch my non-single friend go home with a guy we just met." Oy vey.
Your non-single friend hooked up with a guy she just met? How charming.

My one friend is having a "white trash" theme NYE party. I'm debating about going.

West Palm Beach, FL

#77922 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your non-single friend hooked up with a guy she just met? How charming.
My one friend is having a "white trash" theme NYE party. I'm debating about going.
Yeah, I know. They didn't hook up, just kissed, but still.

That party sounds like it could be fun. I'm still undecided about tomorrow night's plans.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#77923 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. They didn't hook up, just kissed, but still.
That party sounds like it could be fun. I'm still undecided about tomorrow night's plans.
My MD daughter just got in the car to drive home. She is going to a party in Annapolis tomorrow night. Great. Drunken sailors on New Years Eve. Just what every mom wants to hear.
As Monty Python used to say, And now for something completely different....

We usually don't go out NYE- amateur night on the roads. But a friend in a band is playing at a bar in Evanston that I like and I may go even if husband does not.

(Celtic Knot- Squishy, but they do rock covers)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Hole open wides 49,878
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,110,214
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Grau 68,513
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min loose cannon 178,089
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr texas pete 4,723
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info