“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#77884 Dec 29, 2012

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77885 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Best part of doing good deeds is not bragging about them.
It was a mimibrag.

Location hidden

#77886 Dec 29, 2012
And I was hardly bragging aouT $1.75. I mostly got a kick out of me (who's never smoked a cigarette and wouldn't date a smoker) giving a guy money for smokes.

If you'd like a list of the $$$ I spent on Toys for TOts and the "adopt a family" program in the last two months, I'd be happy to summarize what I bought and gave.

Location hidden

#77887 Dec 29, 2012
I mean, I literally was thinking of mimi while in the store. "Mimi wouldn't think twice about tossing a buck for smokes this guy's way."

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77888 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Is it wrong to drink a beer at five am?
That depends. Are you having it for dessert or breakfast?

West Palm Beach, FL

#77889 Dec 29, 2012
I must look like the biggest nerd right now... I'm sitting in my office at home in front of my personal laptop and my work laptop, which are side by side. Next to me are my phone and ipad. I feel like I'm mainlining technology.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77890 Dec 29, 2012
Not if your are continuing from the beer you had @ 4:30 am.
edogxxx wrote:

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#77891 Dec 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I mean, I literally was thinking of mimi while in the store. "Mimi wouldn't think twice about tossing a buck for smokes this guy's way."
Please! Do not listen to edog. I don't think anyone thought you were bragging about it. You were recounting an experience -- same as me with the damn phone. I would usually let anyone use my phone (unlimited minutes) but everyone is sick lately and I have been trying to stay healthy b/c I'm super busy at work and at home.

You had a special feeling and was sharing. Different from bragging.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77892 Dec 29, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
I must look like the biggest nerd right now... I'm sitting in my office at home in front of my personal laptop and my work laptop, which are side by side. Next to me are my phone and ipad. I feel like I'm mainlining technology.
You big nerd!:) You wish.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77893 Dec 29, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't let anyone use my phone because of the germ thing, no matter how
clean" they look, but you all know I'm a *bit* of a germaphobe. I would however offer to call someone for her, explaining my OCD (BRIEFLY) issues.
There's a guy who works the courthouse. I may have mentioned this before. Everything to do with the city/county goes on there, not just court so whenever I need to go there, I make sure to take extra smokes for him. He's been there forever, must be a good spot. Sometimes I bring him a sandwich or a coffee. <shrug> Yeah, I'm a soft touch.
We all have our "thing". I can understand it.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77894 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Best part of doing good deeds is not bragging about them.
True. And there's a difference between bragging and recounting what you felt.

I have a relative that gets very excited when she meets a famous person. She is totally not bragging. She gets excited and wants to share. Then I have a relative that likes to brag who he meets. There is a complete difference in their story-telling. One is bubbling over -- the other wants you to be impressed.

There is a difference.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77895 Dec 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
No she wouldn't think twice. And not to *brag* or anything, I occasionally buy coffee for whoever is in line behind me at Starbucks...just 'cause. Especially if he/she is in uniform.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77896 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the last time you caught influenza after letting someone borrow your cell phone. I have let strangers borrow my phone a number of times and I'm not dead yet. You refuse to help someone in need? How liberal of you.
Your ability for selective reading knows no limit. I *said* I would offer to call someone FOR them. If they are truly in need then they would accept that I would think.

If *I* was in a desperate situation and needed to call someone and the only means of doing so was for someone to call FOR me, I would accept. Something like "Hi Edog, my name is Jane Doe and I'm calling for Mimi, she is stranded at Union Station and needs you to come get her." See? Not hard.

If they wouldn't accept this, then they don't really *need* the phone, they just *want* it...and since they're all phone-less and everything, they probably just want to make a drug deal right?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77897 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How liberal of you.
And FWIW< I never identified as a "liberal." That's your hang-up man. You have no idea of my politics/social/ideals/etc., so you know, take your foot out of your big fat mouth now and refrain from making blanket statements about which you know nothing.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77898 Dec 29, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Please! Do not listen to edog.
That's it. That's all. Perfect every day advice for all situations.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#77899 Dec 29, 2012
Fine. Yesterday I did a good deed for a stranger and today I punched a homeless man and stole his coin jar. Does that make me even?
dem

Chicago, IL

#77900 Dec 29, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Fine. Yesterday I did a good deed for a stranger and today I punched a homeless man and stole his coin jar. Does that make me even?
typical tea bagger

West Palm Beach, FL

#77901 Dec 29, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
No she wouldn't think twice. And not to *brag* or anything, I occasionally buy coffee for whoever is in line behind me at Starbucks...just 'cause. Especially if he/she is in uniform.
That's sweet. I've thought about doing it but I end up over-analyzing (is the person behind me rich? will they appreciate this? do they need it?) and psyche myself out. Maybe tomorrow. ;)

West Palm Beach, FL

#77902 Dec 29, 2012
The little speaker icon that used to be on the far right in the taskbar has disappeared. Why? How can I get it back? The settings say to always display it but it is MIA.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77903 Dec 29, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
The little speaker icon that used to be on the far right in the taskbar has disappeared. Why? How can I get it back? The settings say to always display it but it is MIA.
Try rebooting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 54 min shinningelectr0n 1,109,489
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 1 hr Bob Guchione 1
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Blow-up STAR News 81
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 3 hr Mortimer Fish 1
Amy 9-16 3 hr Kuuipo 35
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr punte 46,608
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 177,989
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••