Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77920 Dec 30, 2012
Plaid-erday night turned into "get really drunk, hang out with a group of strangers, and watch my non-single friend go home with a guy we just met." Oy vey.

Sunday is going to consist of napping, taking a bubble bath (which I can do with my phone in its Lifeproof case if I want), hanging out with my dogs, and watching football. I'm trying to get motivated to either order lunch, go pick up lunch, or just make a PB&J.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77921 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Plaid-erday night turned into "get really drunk, hang out with a group of strangers, and watch my non-single friend go home with a guy we just met." Oy vey.
Your non-single friend hooked up with a guy she just met? How charming.

My one friend is having a "white trash" theme NYE party. I'm debating about going.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77922 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your non-single friend hooked up with a guy she just met? How charming.
My one friend is having a "white trash" theme NYE party. I'm debating about going.
Yeah, I know. They didn't hook up, just kissed, but still.

That party sounds like it could be fun. I'm still undecided about tomorrow night's plans.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77923 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. They didn't hook up, just kissed, but still.
That party sounds like it could be fun. I'm still undecided about tomorrow night's plans.
My MD daughter just got in the car to drive home. She is going to a party in Annapolis tomorrow night. Great. Drunken sailors on New Years Eve. Just what every mom wants to hear.
As Monty Python used to say, And now for something completely different....

We usually don't go out NYE- amateur night on the roads. But a friend in a band is playing at a bar in Evanston that I like and I may go even if husband does not.

(Celtic Knot- Squishy, but they do rock covers)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77924 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay! Another day and a half before my president makes sure my taxes go up about four grand a year! So glad we re elected this guy! I'm sure the next four years will bring nothing but prosperity and economic tranquility! Much like the last four years!
Considering the fact that you aren't working, I think you won't really have to worry about taxes.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77926 Dec 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the fact that you aren't working, I think you won't really have to worry about taxes.
Hey, my unemployment check is taxable income!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77928 Dec 30, 2012
Well, my non-single friend is single now.

In other news, I did take a bath while on the phone with my waterproof case. That was pretty cool.
dahgts

Alsip, IL

#77929 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, my unemployment check is taxable income!
And you can thank Republican icon Reagan for that!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77930 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
In other news, I did take a bath while on the phone with my waterproof case. That was pretty cool.
I don't believe you. Send me pics next time!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77931 Dec 30, 2012
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can thank Republican icon Reagan for that!!
Now we're blaming Reagan? Thought we were going "forward?"

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77932 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you. Send me pics next time!
Haha! Okay... I have the reverse camera now.:)

I suck as a friend/wingman. I should have seen what was going on & stopped it last night.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#77933 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! Okay... I have the reverse camera now.:)
I suck as a friend/wingman. I should have seen what was going on & stopped it last night.
Pictures can be photoshopped. I need Facetime chat.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77934 Dec 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Pictures can be photoshopped. I need Facetime chat.
I can do that now too! Loving my new toys. But still feeling like a shitty friend.
:(

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77935 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I can do that now too! Loving my new toys. But still feeling like a shitty friend.
:(
Don't feel too bad. I'm a shitty friend, lover, brother, AND son!(Thank God not a father!) Embrace your short-comings! It's liberating!
:)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#77936 Dec 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I can do that now too! Loving my new toys. But still feeling like a shitty friend.
:(
Wait, what? There's toys involved?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77937 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, my unemployment check is taxable income!
Well, to have a tax liability of 4K you would have to make something like 35K adjusted after deductions.

Also, admittedly I haven't really been keeping up with this, but I was under the impression that the tax increase was due to congress not wanting to raise taxes on the rich and wanting to raise them on the middle class. If that's accurate (and I'm not asking you...but people who actually look into facts, please feel free to enlighten me) then it's congress, not the president that is responsible.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77938 Dec 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to have a tax liability of 4K you would have to make something like 35K adjusted after deductions.
Also, admittedly I haven't really been keeping up with this, but I was under the impression that the tax increase was due to congress not wanting to raise taxes on the rich and wanting to raise them on the middle class. If that's accurate (and I'm not asking you...but people who actually look into facts, please feel free to enlighten me) then it's congress, not the president that is responsible.
How dare I make more than 35K a year!...

An offer to raise taxes on those who make $1 million or more a year was refused by our president.

Should we "raise" taxes on the 50% who pay no income tax at all??... Nah

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77939 Dec 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare I make more than 35K a year!...
An offer to raise taxes on those who make $1 million or more a year was refused by our president.
Should we "raise" taxes on the 50% who pay no income tax at all??... Nah
Yeah ok whatever you say. Too annoyed with real life stuff do play with you right now. However, FWIW, I was *just* listening to the news, and as per usual, you are misconstruing things. But, I'm done now. I'll spar with you another time.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#77940 Dec 31, 2012
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/30...

The republicans all need to be voted out of office if the dems don't give meaningful spending cuts and the republicans agree to any deal that averts the fiscal cliff:

"The biggest obstacle we face is that President Obama and Majority Leader Reid continue to insist on new taxes that will be used to find new spending, not for meaningful deficit reduction."

The dems keep saying they want compromise, but the only f'ing thing they offer is more spending in return for higher taxes. That's a compromise??

Wait until they have to raise the debt ceiling. Feet are gonna be held to the fire. I've been saying it for years ... obamacare will simply lead to bigger cuts in Medicare and SS or entitlements. Republicans are not going to allow democrats to just keep spending our nation into oblivion ... Thank FSM they have control of the house ... I can only imagine the reckless spending the fukctard dems would engage in if they controlled both houses. It would be a free for all.

There is only one party who cares about those who arent wards of the state and who fund this nation. The dems only give a f' about the low life bottom feeders who will take and take until there is nothing left.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#77941 Dec 31, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, what? There's toys involved?
iPad and iPhone = toys.
Nice try. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grumpy 1,522,052
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Buster Steinbeizer 240,358
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 4 hr Truth 8
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 4 hr SENIORS READ-THIS 6
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 4 hr OUTLAW-HALAL-FOODS 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr RACE 10,582
Scary Obituary 4 hr DITTTTTTTTOS 11

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages