Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77506 Dec 20, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You've indicated the problems with your solution in your solution.
People want cuts to the military then complain the military doesn't do enough for its veterans.
I believe the government should stop sending money to a lot of people, including our enemies.
Keep the gun under the "main" desk. That desk should never be unmanned. Any liquor store owner will tell you this.
Oh, and unless world peace has been declared and no one bothered to tell me, I don't think massive cuts to our military is a good idea.
Military!? What part of "WELL REGULATED MILITIA" are you wiping your butt with? The founders were against standing armies. There's nothing you and the other Wolverines can't handle with your Bushmasters.

I'm not gonna say that you're stupid. I just believe you have bad luck at thinking.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#77507 Dec 20, 2012
oh christ, you are all a bunch of idiots.
What the hell does being republican have to do with Connecticut?

Crazy people will do crazy things, and we just cant stop that unless we can man up and say "Yo peeps, this cat is crazy" and remove all venues for that person to go postal.4147
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

#77508 Dec 20, 2012
RACE wrote:
oh christ, you are all a bunch of idiots.
What the hell does being republican have to do with Connecticut?
Crazy people will do crazy things, and we just cant stop that unless we can man up and say "Yo peeps, this cat is crazy" and remove all venues for that person to go postal.4147
You sure know how to skirt the issue. Remove venues? What does that mean. How about specifics as to how everyone in the country can "man" up. So far I haven't read any man substantive ideas. Just 2nd amend.whining.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77509 Dec 20, 2012
Gun shit still?

::goes back into her cave::

West Palm Beach, FL

#77510 Dec 20, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Gun shit still?

Word.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#77511 Dec 20, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
I just believe you have bad luck at thinking.
And I just believe you have bad luck at life, relationships, jobs... Really sorry, man.

Location hidden

#77512 Dec 20, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And I just believe you have bad luck at life, relationships, jobs... Really sorry, man.
Ouch. Meow.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77513 Dec 20, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Ouch. Meow.
Meow. You're kind of sexy when you're sexy. Make me say ouch, daddy.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#77514 Dec 20, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Gun shit still?

Right behind you.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#77515 Dec 21, 2012
Watching the news as they are talking about the weather in the Chicago area and how O'Hare is shit down right now. They said Twitter is the best way to communicate with the airlines.

Who here does not have a smartphone or tablet?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#77516 Dec 21, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Watching the news as they are talking about the weather in the Chicago area and how O'Hare is shit down right now. They said Twitter is the best way to communicate with the airlines.
It's 630 am here. O'Hare isn't shut down according to the Tribune and CBS local websites. They cancel flights all teh time there but the airport is open. I have heard jets overhead.

(I got my smartphone in July, finally)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77517 Dec 21, 2012
Upstairs neighbor's college son came home drunk last night and STOMPED AROUND (walking heavier due to drunkeness IMO and also some stumbling/falling) for over three hours. Until 4;30 a.m.

Miami, FL

#77518 Dec 21, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
They said Twitter is the best way to communicate with the airlines.
For some reason, I find this to be a depressing statement. I don't have a twitter account. I would hate to be in a situation where I felt compelled to create one to simply catch a flight.

Miami, FL

#77519 Dec 21, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Upstairs neighbor's college son came home drunk last night and STOMPED AROUND (walking heavier due to drunkeness IMO and also some stumbling/falling) for over three hours. Until 4;30 a.m.
Sounds like he could use a wake-up call about now.

Jasper and I did that in a hotel once; the people in the room next door were super loud into the wee hours (the front desk kept offering to have us switch rooms - um, no, I'm unpacked, I'm in my pj's, trying to sleep. Make THEM switch). They finally knocked it off around 4, we called their room at 7:30ish, said "good morning" and hung up.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#77520 Dec 21, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
www.twitter.com

No smart phone necessary.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#77521 Dec 21, 2012
VoiceOfReezon wrote:
<quoted text> www.twitter.com

No smart phone necessary.
How do you access that from the airport without a smartphone or tablet?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#77522 Dec 21, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It's 630 am here. O'Hare isn't shut down according to the Tribune and CBS local websites. They cancel flights all teh time there but the airport is open. I have heard jets overhead.

(I got my smartphone in July, finally)
The news reporters around here tend to be rather sensationalistic. That's why I take it with a grain of salt.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77523 Dec 21, 2012
Are we still doing this anymore?

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TODNK3AHC7...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TT2LGK69I4...

Well, today might be the day! A giant meteor might crash into Earth and solve all our problems! Here's to hoping!

Got the former houseguest and her bf crashed on the couch. The joys of being young, jobless and homeless!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77524 Dec 21, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
O'Hare is shit
Yes. Yes it is.
:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#77525 Dec 21, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you access that from the airport without a smartphone or tablet?
Perhaps I am not as seasoned a traveler as you, so you tell me, if you are already at the airport, why would you need twitter or any other form of communicating with them? There are flight boards telling you the flight status. There are airline personnel at the airport to answer your questions. I assumed you were concerned for people who wanted to phone the airline from home so as to not waste a trip to the airport to find their flight cancelled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Renaissance Writer 1,275,915
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 197,021
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Pennie Lane 6,418
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IB DaMann 54,513
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 6 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 7 hr MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 7 hr MonicaJ 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages