“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#77438 Dec 19, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when did PEllen turn into Edog?
Never let a bad pun go to waste. I had to jump on it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#77439 Dec 19, 2012
Okay -- kudos for Cutler for taking the amount of blame they should:

"Frustration sets in," he said during "The Jay Cutler Show" on ESPN 1000. "You're at a point in the season when you're on a little skid. I know Brian's frustrated he can't be out there and help us, and do that. So I think everyone in that locker room is supporting Lovie and we'll see what happens.

"That's the last of our worries. We have to worry about Arizona."

As far as the fans and media, Cutler said: "I'm jaded by it. I don't understand why we're going to get frustrated with it at this point.

"The fans they have a reason to boo, we're not playing well. You can't blame them. The media, we're giving them a lot of ammo right now, guys are doing a lot of talking and we're not playing very well. At the end of the day, it falls back on us."
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#77440 Dec 19, 2012
Hah!
I take some time off to do work and look what happens. Edog is agreeing with Red and making my puns for me.

(Okay Dog, good Santa will come to your house after all)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77441 Dec 19, 2012
If wishes were dishes...
It was to illustrate a point, but that is obviously beyond you mental abilities to grasp.
So will you kindly stop doing what it is I find so annoying about you?

Of course not, because your a moron.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I really wish you would just answer a simple question about something YOU said. Do you really believe that or was it an excited utterance in the heat of the moment that you would rescind?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77443 Dec 20, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T7MN1UVADO...

Amy from the 19th- no one posted her yesterday?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#77444 Dec 20, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a heavy load to uplift. What a whale of a good story!
What did P' do with edog?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#77445 Dec 20, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Do you hear what I hear? It's the sound of "hallelujah" - she broke up with him!!!! He finally agreed instead of trying to argue/convince her otherwise. I'm so relieved.
Okay, you can go back to fighting about guns now.
;)
Woot woot! Hope it stays that way.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#77446 Dec 20, 2012
Been out sick since last week and I'm catching up on Sandy Hook coverage. I actually lost my appetite mid-way through breakfast reading this stuff. Seriously not interested in revving up the gun control debate again, but...WTF...I can't even wrap my brain around this one. F'ing first graders...with their missing teeth...learning to read...how they still love their teacher and going to school every day. :*(
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#77447 Dec 20, 2012
A Christmas gift for the group:

King Ozymandias of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with the Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of the Euphrates , the most valuable diamond in the ancient world.

Desperate, he went to Croesus, the pawnbroker, to ask for a loan.

Croesus said, "I'll give you 100,000 dinars for it."

"But I paid a million dinars for it," the King protested.

"Don't you know who I am? I am the king!"

Croesus replied, "When you wish to pawn a Star,

makes no difference who you are."

If you are good, I will give you more. If you are not good, I will give you LOTS more.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#77448 Dec 20, 2012
PEllen wrote:
A Christmas gift for the group:

King Ozymandias of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with the Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of the Euphrates , the most valuable diamond in the ancient world.

Desperate, he went to Croesus, the pawnbroker, to ask for a loan.

Croesus said, "I'll give you 100,000 dinars for it."

"But I paid a million dinars for it," the King protested.

"Don't you know who I am? I am the king!"

Croesus replied, "When you wish to pawn a Star,

makes no difference who you are."

If you are good, I will give you more. If you are not good, I will give you LOTS more.
Here yahoo P. I got this from my pops the other day:

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys
as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas
pressure.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed
Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about
to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the
toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor.. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door,
yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. The angel said very cheerfully,'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77449 Dec 20, 2012
Funny!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here yahoo P. I got this from my pops the other day:
When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys
as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas
pressure.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed
Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about
to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.
Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the
toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.
Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor.. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.
Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door,
yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. The angel said very cheerfully,'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'
And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77450 Dec 20, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Been out sick since last week and I'm catching up on Sandy Hook coverage. I actually lost my appetite mid-way through breakfast reading this stuff. Seriously not interested in revving up the gun control debate again, but...WTF...I can't even wrap my brain around this one. F'ing first graders...with their missing teeth...learning to read...how they still love their teacher and going to school every day.:*(
Hi Mattie, I've missed you!
Banning assault weapons is NOT the answer. It will not prevent more gun violence. All gun bans have ever done is prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.
California senator Barbara Boxer wants the National Guard in our schools. It is scary that our elected officials think this way. Put the National Guard in our schools but not on the border, where there is far more gun violence on a daily basis.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#77451 Dec 20, 2012
RACE wrote:
If wishes were dishes...
It was to illustrate a point, but that is obviously beyond you mental abilities to grasp.
So will you kindly stop doing what it is I find so annoying about you?
Of course not, because your a moron.
<quoted text>
Ahh, the ol' Mutt backtrack. Sadly, you don't do it as well as he does. But then again, he's got a little more practice.

So let's go to the next step. What reasonable purpose is there for ordinary citizens to have assault weapons? Why aren't handguns and rifles enough? Are you going hunting with an AK? Do you keep an AK in the nightstand by your bed for home safety? Do AKs fit in the conceal carry parameters?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77452 Dec 20, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the ol' Mutt backtrack. Sadly, you don't do it as well as he does. But then again, he's got a little more practice.
So let's go to the next step. What reasonable purpose is there for ordinary citizens to have assault weapons? Why aren't handguns and rifles enough? Are you going hunting with an AK? Do you keep an AK in the nightstand by your bed for home safety? Do AKs fit in the conceal carry parameters?
You just never know when you have to fight off a band of thieves, don't you know! Besides, it's everyone's right to own weapons. An AK-47 and the like makes men feel stronger and their appendages bigger.

Oops, did I just say that? ;)

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77453 Dec 20, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
Why someone might need an assault weapon is none of your concern.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#77454 Dec 20, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's a valid question. If you said you needed/wanted a machete I'd ask why. It's a natural question. The answer may give an understanding between those who believe assault weapons should be banned and those who believe you should be able to possess them.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#77455 Dec 20, 2012
Sigh.

Evidence has been found that William Tell and his family were avid bowlers. Unfortunately, all the Swiss League records were destroyed in a fire,...and so we'll never know for whom the Tells bowled.

Pelly

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

#77456 Dec 20, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Sigh.
Evidence has been found that William Tell and his family were avid bowlers. Unfortunately, all the Swiss League records were destroyed in a fire,...and so we'll never know for whom the Tells bowled.
Pelly
Heavily armed punmen- and punwomen- are a danger to society.

However,if puns were outlawed, would only outlaws have puns?

Something to punder...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#77457 Dec 20, 2012
Toj wrote:
The answer may give an understanding between those who believe assault weapons should be banned and those who believe you should be able to possess them.
No amount of reasons or excuses will change the opinions of those who believe assault weapons should be banned.

Look, shooting is a sport. Some people enjoy spending a couple hours at the shooting range as others do spending an afternoon on the golf course, or shopping, or getting a mani/pedi.

If what someone enjoys doing in his leisure time makes you so queasy and uncomfortable that you wish to take his rights away, who are you to dictate what free time activities others are allowed to do? Why do your wishes trump theirs?

Why aren't we more focused on mental health issues instead of this knee-jerk reaction of wanting to prevent people from purchasing a weapon of their choice?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#77458 Dec 20, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's our concern now, after what happened last Friday.

The only reason someone would want an assault weapon is to assult people. It's not used for hunting, it's used for killing people, and unless you are in the armed forces, NO ONE has any business owning one.

Call me as many names as you like, but I believe with all my being that a civilian should not be able to have access to a gun (or ammo clips) that have the capability of firing hundreds of bullets in a matter of minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,108,974
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min mdbuilder 46,574
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 21 min joey 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr NevadaBob 1,918
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Blwlgo 4,016
Abby 9-13-14 3 hr cheluzal 19
Ask Amy 9-13-14 3 hr cheluzal 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,956
Amy 9-15 8 hr liner 10
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••