Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

In other news, I'm dithering over which laptop to buy. I really like the Mac Book Pro with the retina display, but I'm such an HP person, and for the money I could get a very nice one, OTOH, the Samsung laptop is kinda sexy...

The Mac and Samsung are about the 2K range and the HP (after customization) is about 1600.00, but it's not really the price as I have 2K-ish dedicated for a new laptop, etc.

Soooo just ranting.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>We know you were, but have you seen that bad ex-boyfriends site? They give out the guys' names. I think that's going too far.
I haven't seen it but I agree that it's trashy to do that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
More feel good news. I love hearing stories like this :)
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/11/plano-poli...
I love this stuff. I wish there were a cable TV show full of nothing but stories ike this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

I've been fascinated by Mt. Everest for a couple of decades now. Check out the megapixel panoramic photos from the Washington post!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Gigapans/EBC_Pumori_...

Did you know that from the peak, you can see the curvature of the earth?

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
In other news, I'm dithering over which laptop to buy. I really like the Mac Book Pro with the retina display, but I'm such an HP person, and for the money I could get a very nice one, OTOH, the Samsung laptop is kinda sexy...
The Mac and Samsung are about the 2K range and the HP (after customization) is about 1600.00, but it's not really the price as I have 2K-ish dedicated for a new laptop, etc.
Soooo just ranting.
come join us on the dark side... it's been said many times, apple "just works". it takes a bit to get used to where things are located, but now i find myself, at work on a PC, looking for the button that spreads out all the windows so you can find the one in particular that you want to switch to instead of clicking all teh tabs at the bottom of the monitor...

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
come join us on the dark side... it's been said many times, apple "just works". it takes a bit to get used to where things are located, but now i find myself, at work on a PC, looking for the button that spreads out all the windows so you can find the one in particular that you want to switch to instead of clicking all teh tabs at the bottom of the monitor...
I'm definitely leaning towards Apple. I'll have to buy all new programs (like Office) so that they work on a Mac, but they are so sexy, and I like the "just works" thing a lot. My biggest things are speed and not bogging down when I try to have 1000 windows all open at the same time, vulnerability to servers being hacked (though truthfully I don't worry much about that anyway), and not having Windows 8. I hate Windows 8.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

The new spokesoman for 1-800 ask gary has a big ol' camel toe.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey , you are back! How was the trip?

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TCP05SRGGL...

Amy just wasn't worth it. Another PTA about giving to various charities this holiday season.

Love when time has no real meaning! Asleep at eight and up at one. Now to scrub the shower and wait for the liquor store to open!

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

OMG edog has the best holiday avatar! That is nasty! Is it Amy Winehouse?
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
I really wish you would stop doing that sam...
<quoted text>
I really wish you would just answer a simple question about something YOU said. Do you really believe that or was it an excited utterance in the heat of the moment that you would rescind?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>The GOP spent millions of dollars to try to eliminate the shocking .00047% occurrence of voter fraud, affecting millions of voters so, why not? If a literal handful of voters is going to muck it up for everyone, a literal handful of homicidal maniacs can too.
On the flip side, democrats will fight tooth and nail to prevent voter IDs because .00000046 of people are such f'ing losers that having some form of ID is some onerous insurmountable task to them.

IMO, if getting an id is some onerous task and you can't figure out how to do it, you are probably too dumb to be voting and are only doing our nation a disservice by voting in the first place.

"Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you handle people who have impulsivity issues?The ones who function usually but have no empathy or conscience or rational idea that their actions impact other people?
I honestly wanted to avoid this topic, and wish I had.

The whole thing is just so incredibly sad and pointless, I don't even want to hear about it anymore, read about it anymore (I haven't been reading news much and I haven't been watching the news at all since it happened), or talk about it anymore.

Having a son with autism, having young children around the age of the children who were murdered, it's all just too close to home for me. I just don't even want to think about it anymore.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly wanted to avoid this topic, and wish I had.
The whole thing is just so incredibly sad and pointless, I don't even want to hear about it anymore, read about it anymore (I haven't been reading news much and I haven't been watching the news at all since it happened), or talk about it anymore.
Having a son with autism, having young children around the age of the children who were murdered, it's all just too close to home for me. I just don't even want to think about it anymore.
Noted.

You think the Bears should dump Lovie Smith?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Noted.
You think the Bears should dump Lovie Smith?
Yes, I think they have to. I don't blame it all on him, tho. I think we are still dealing with the after effects of Jerry Angelo and years of very poor draft picks.

Having said that, Lovie is really good player's coach. I think he's really good outside of game days. It's obvious his players like playing for him and he commands loyalty.

On game days, tho, he and his staff are like a complete morons sometimes ... just with clock management alone, bone headed calls, and challenges/no challenges. Anyone who watches them knows exactly what I am talking about. It's almost Cub-esque how they shoot themselves in the foot sometimes.

His coaching staff has also had a very high turnover rate. He fired Ron Rivera as defensive coordinator, in the off season, right after his defense led the team to the superbowl. Replaced him with his BFF, who did a very bad job and had the defense take a noticeable step back for a few years. I think J Cutler has had 3 different offensive coordinators in 3 of 4 years. It's hard to be consistently good, when you don't have consistency.

His win loss record, is actually fairly impressive too. However, his teams have rarely been able to win in big games. Ultimately, that's the goal ... to win it all ... not to be pretty good, but not great, for a long stretch of time. I don't think he is the coach who can take them to the next level.

I also think the bears are going to get worse, before they get better, simply because the defense, which has been the cornerstone of the team, for so long, is getting old.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
Having said that, Lovie is really good player's coach. I think he's really good outside of game days. It's obvious his players like playing for him and he commands loyalty.
When the Vikings had a coach like that, they sucked worse than ever.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Vikings had a coach like that, they sucked worse than ever.
I think as a coach, you can be as nice as you want, but ultimately you have to demand accountability and the guys who play for you have to know that you demand. I think Lovie is too nice and too loyal at times. You don't have to scream and yell and berate players either when going about it.

Certain personality types will just take advantage of a guy like Lovie, slack off, and be content with going through the motions and cashing their million dollar pay check. Those types need more structure and discipline. Those who don't need to be babysat as much, will also function well under someone who is a bit more disciplinarian ... so long as you are not a complete psycho like Mike Singletary was as a coach in SF (his players were literally scared of him).

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think the bears are going to get worse, before they get better, simply because the defense, which has been the cornerstone of the team, for so long, is getting old.
The defense is done. The Bears need to have a firesale this off season and trade some of those aging defense members to help re-stock the roster. I doubt that Virginia McCaskey will allow Emery and company to do that though. Sadly, she's the major barrier between the Bears and the 21st century.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMG edog has the best holiday avatar! That is nasty! Is it Amy Winehouse?
Thanks. I think it's just some random woman. I had originally posted a pic of a scantily clad hottie in a naughty Santa uniform, but I guess topix didn't like it. Then I had two scantily clad women in naughty Santa uniforms whipping each other in a dungeon, but the tiny avatar pic didn't turn out too well, so I settled on this one to help get people in the holiday mood.
:)

I think if the Bears don't win the superbowl this season, Lovie is gone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Is Jay Cutler really as bad as that anonymous post here makes him out to be?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,401 - 76,420 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Riigsby5555 48,700
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Mothra 45,588
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min Hey Stupid 1,073,080
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 39 min Tgloaded 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min LRS 173,768
Abby July 12 1 hr Julie 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search