Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#77307 Dec 18, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad we all know that you don't actually believe that, based on your stance on the gun issue.
Whatever.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77308 Dec 18, 2012
If only the school had hung a sign saying "GUns are banned on these premises," this never would have happened.

(I HATE those signs.)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#77309 Dec 18, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the second amendment.
We've been over this before. You read the 2nd Amendment. At the time it was written, they were talking about muskets.

As passed by the Congress:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A well regulated Militia -- the term "regulated" means "disciplined" or "trained".

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#77310 Dec 18, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
jmw, what gets me is, she and this guy JUST STARTED DATING, really. It’s not like it’s been a year. How can she be so frickin’ attached to this dillhole?
I know. One of the things I said to her during my Come to Jesus talk was "cut your losses." I told her it'll be easier now than down the road. This is after she told me how miserable he makes her! I'm seriously putting my face into a wall if we ever have this conversation again.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#77311 Dec 18, 2012
RACE wrote:
When she challenges me to go and defend an inflammatory position to the people who are suffering so much pain, she is indeed implying that I and my views are somehow responsible. And I dont care how bad it makes my character look, I will respond with all the anger in can pass thru this keyboard to call that person out.
sam was not debating, she was baiting. Well, I bit.
In my view she has shown that she is nothing more than a troll feasting upon the suffering of those families to post her little rants. I think that is a horrible thing to do, but if you see that as "discussion", I think you need a head check.
<quoted text>
You are "raging thru this keyboard" and I need MY head checked?

What is your position on gun ownership? Do you believe that the gun laws, as they stand now and differing in most states, are fine? Do you think it's okay to own clips that hold 30 bullets? Do you think there should be no tracings on private selling of guns?
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#77312 Dec 18, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby, I'll make your thighs quiver in anticipation of other things.
Just pointing out your hypocrisy of wanting to regulate things you don't agree with, but not willing to regulate something you do agree with.
If you had as much of a hard-on for becoming informed and making a cogent point as you do for fabricating false hypocrisy, you might actually make a worthwhile contribution around here from time to time.

If you'd like to delve into my position on marriage sometime, feel free, but it has nothing to do with my position on gun control or abortion or welfare reform.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#77313 Dec 18, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
If only the school had hung a sign saying "GUns are banned on these premises," this never would have happened.
(I HATE those signs.)
I agree with you (I believe it was you that posted something on it) that we need to do more in the area of mental health.

That won't stop everybody -- but we have to start somewhere. I think that's one portion of it.

Also, we need to stop private gun selling. Every sale should have to be registered, in my view.

That would be a start of conversations about these things in my view.

Miami, FL

#77314 Dec 18, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to tell her the next time she cancels is the last time you're asking her anywhere until she gets her relationship under control. Boy! That would be difficult to say, I know.
It's getting easier to visualize by the minute, believe me.

I texted her "how are you?" yesterday morning, haven't heard back. I know she wants to go to the game, but after my speech she knows I don't really want to spend time with the dbag (I didn't come out and say I don't want to be around him, but I did say I was uncomfortable with him coming to my apartment) so I don't know. I'm assuming that since I haven't heard from her, they're not broken up, even though she gave him a really good break up speech on Saturday afternoon, but then wouldn't hang up the phone each time she said she was done so it gave him the opportunity to worm his way back in.

If it wasn't horribly embarrassing, I'd just give the tickets back and bag the whole thing.
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#77315 Dec 18, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "raging thru this keyboard" and I need MY head checked?
What is your position on gun ownership? Do you believe that the gun laws, as they stand now and differing in most states, are fine? Do you think it's okay to own clips that hold 30 bullets? Do you think there should be no tracings on private selling of guns?
Don't waste your time asking him simple, straighforward questions. They are beyond his abilities. Anyone who says the outcome would have been the same had the killer had a baseball bat instead of an assault weapon has clearly mentally jumped the shark on the issue. He and his metaphorical small penis are so tied to his fundamental, insecurity-born "You can't tell me what to do" attitude that he can't rationally address the issue.
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#77316 Dec 18, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you (I believe it was you that posted something on it) that we need to do more in the area of mental health.
That won't stop everybody -- but we have to start somewhere. I think that's one portion of it.
Also, we need to stop private gun selling. Every sale should have to be registered, in my view.
That would be a start of conversations about these things in my view.
I know that you're supposed to be licensed to have a gun. What I would be in favor of (as a starting point) is for a gun to have a title like a car. That title has to follow the gun.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#77317 Dec 18, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It's getting easier to visualize by the minute, believe me.
I texted her "how are you?" yesterday morning, haven't heard back. I know she wants to go to the game, but after my speech she knows I don't really want to spend time with the dbag (I didn't come out and say I don't want to be around him, but I did say I was uncomfortable with him coming to my apartment) so I don't know. I'm assuming that since I haven't heard from her, they're not broken up, even though she gave him a really good break up speech on Saturday afternoon, but then wouldn't hang up the phone each time she said she was done so it gave him the opportunity to worm his way back in.
If it wasn't horribly embarrassing, I'd just give the tickets back and bag the whole thing.
He obviously knows how to play on her insecurities somehow. That's sad. She'll look back on this someday and wonder how you didn't slap the crap out of her.:)
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#77318 Dec 18, 2012
From the Washington Post:

"Since then, the association [NRA] has stopped tweeting on all three of its accounts and suspended its Facebook page...."

Over the weekend, Meet the Press contacted 31 pro-gun rights Senators, all of whom declined to appear.

What a bunch of cowards. If you believe something is o.k., have the guts to stand up for your position.
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#77319 Dec 18, 2012
If you get a chance, go to YouTube and search "The Voice Hallelujah." They did something very cool.$5 says one or two of you get a little misty.

Miami, FL

#77320 Dec 18, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously knows how to play on her insecurities somehow. That's sad. She'll look back on this someday and wonder how you didn't slap the crap out of her.:)
I just talked to Jasper. He said that after dbag punches her in the face, she'll wish she'd listened to me.
:(

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#77321 Dec 18, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you're supposed to be licensed to have a gun. What I would be in favor of (as a starting point) is for a gun to have a title like a car. That title has to follow the gun.
Yes! That's what I was talking about. Not just a gun license to cover any gun. Each gun have a registration -- like a car.

If you could trace them like that, think of the benefit of each state getting the fees for those registrations.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#77322 Dec 18, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I just talked to Jasper. He said that after dbag punches her in the face, she'll wish she'd listened to me.
:(
Unfortunately, he's right.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77323 Dec 18, 2012
The argument against registering them (and I'm in favor of registering them) is that if the government knows about every single gun people own, they know where to go to confiscate them should the tide turn. (Which it never will.)

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#77324 Dec 18, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! That's what I was talking about. Not just a gun license to cover any gun. Each gun have a registration -- like a car.
In Illinois, you must keep a copy of purchase/registration of any handgun for at least five years.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#77325 Dec 18, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had as much of a hard-on for becoming informed and making a cogent point as you do for fabricating false hypocrisy, you might actually make a worthwhile contribution around here from time to time.
Still hurling more insults and vitriol than trying to have a meaningful discussion, I see.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#77326 Dec 18, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The argument against registering them (and I'm in favor of registering them) is that if the government knows about every single gun people own, they know where to go to confiscate them should the tide turn.(Which it never will.)
Well, they already can take our cars if people want to think that way. Also, but our social security they can track us.

I think you're probably correct and how paranoid people can be is amazing to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min President Trump 1,395,212
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Coffee Party 216,757
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min NYStateOfMind 60,096
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 38 min PEllen 2,698
Word (Dec '08) 39 min PEllen 6,417
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min PEllen 8,888
last post wins! (Dec '10) 43 min They cannot kill ... 2,144
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages