Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Race, looks like it's just you and me today.
Where is everyone? I get 2 minutes to take a breather at work, I want to be entertained! By an argument about 4-way stop signs, not gun control!
;)
I'm moving. Taking a break right now. This is SO much different than moving all your stuff and furniture. Sorting is taking as long as actually moving stuff over and putting it away.
Hell, just figuring out WHERE to put stuff is its own challenge!
8^J

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm moving. Taking a break right now. This is SO much different than moving all your stuff and furniture. Sorting is taking as long as actually moving stuff over and putting it away.
8^J
I hear ya!
:)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm moving. Taking a break right now. This is SO much different than moving all your stuff and furniture. Sorting is taking as long as actually moving stuff over and putting it away.
8^J
Good luck with all of that!

I took my Grandmother grocery shopping today. Not sure why, since she is leaving on Thursday for VT. She likes her routine, though.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

You are such a complete ass. I really detest you sometimes.
There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a guy in China who killed 30 kids in a school with a knife. How about you preach to me as to why this kid was not in an institution where he belonged?
You trying to whip me with the deaths of those kids is despicable and I hope it comes back to you in spades bitch! Those deaths would have happened with a shotgun,.22, or a god dammed bat.
Your equating crazy to gun control is just a knee jerk reaction.
Know what I would love to see? I would love to see you step in front of a train. I would pay good money to see that.

PUKE!
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we do now, you didn't when you made the statement. And please illuminate us as to why assault weapons should be legal? What practical purpose do they serve? I would LOVE to watch you get up in front of the families who lost their children in Newtown and explain your position.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a guy in China who killed 30 kids in a school with a knife.
<quoted text>
22 kids. All survived.
No name QB

Purchase, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Da Bears still suck! Bahahahaha!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Connecticut has some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation...

Cities that have tough gun control laws have the highest incidences of shootings.

Gun control has been proven over and over to be ineffective.

Gun control advocates are focusing on the wrong issue.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Hey sam, instead of you asking me to go preach to those families, you about you show up and tell them how its their own damn fault their children died because they did not insist that all guns be outlawed?

You are such a sick, sick, sick person. I hope you are sterile so that humanity will see the last of your defective gene pool.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

and they were all attacked.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
22 kids. All survived.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Has WBC poked its mealy little head up at any of the funerals?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RACE wrote:
Hey sam, instead of you asking me to go preach to those families, you about you show up and tell them how its their own damn fault their children died because they did not insist that all guns be outlawed?
You are such a sick, sick, sick person. I hope you are sterile so that humanity will see the last of your defective gene pool.
Ysterday the news programs could not get a single Republican or gun control advocate to appear.

This morning on teh radio, the Senator from West Va who is 2nd amendment proponent and outspoken NRA advocate made a statement that not all constitutional rights are unfettered and he would work to renew the ban on assault rifles.

Then I turned the radio off
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
You are such a complete ass. I really detest you sometimes.
There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a guy in China who killed 30 kids in a school with a knife. How about you preach to me as to why this kid was not in an institution where he belonged?
You trying to whip me with the deaths of those kids is despicable and I hope it comes back to you in spades bitch! Those deaths would have happened with a shotgun,.22, or a god dammed bat.
Your equating crazy to gun control is just a knee jerk reaction.
Know what I would love to see? I would love to see you step in front of a train. I would pay good money to see that.
PUKE!
<quoted text>
Way to dodge the question. 26 people would have died if he had a baseball bat instead of an assault weapon? Really? That is an interesting theory. And one of the silliest things I have ever heard.

Again, what reasonable justification is there for allowing citizens to have assault weapons? They are a little big for conceal/carry. They are not suitable for hunting. Why does John Smith need to have an AK-47? Why aren't handguns and rifles (which I accept as having a legitimate use for hunting) enough?

Make sure to use some more perjorative terms in your response. It really gets me hot.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
and they were all attacked.
<quoted text>
And again, how many died?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

No name QB wrote:
Da Bears still suck! Bahahahaha!!!
Yes. Yes they do.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

You are a detestable animal, and I want nothing more to do with you. You jump on these kids graves to spout your own twisted views and I hope you rot in hell.
go and be a monday morning quarterback somewhere else, in the mean time I hope you get cancer.

If you thinks that means you win, go and gloat, I wont be reading any more crap that comes out of your mouth.

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to dodge the question. 26 people would have died if he had a baseball bat instead of an assault weapon? Really? That is an interesting theory. And one of the silliest things I have ever heard.
Again, what reasonable justification is there for allowing citizens to have assault weapons? They are a little big for conceal/carry. They are not suitable for hunting. Why does John Smith need to have an AK-47? Why aren't handguns and rifles (which I accept as having a legitimate use for hunting) enough?
Make sure to use some more perjorative terms in your response. It really gets me hot.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
Connecticut has some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation...
Cities that have tough gun control laws have the highest incidences of shootings.
Gun control has been proven over and over to be ineffective.
Gun control advocates are focusing on the wrong issue.
But I can go to any state with more lax laws and buy a gun there. Most states don't seem to have a waiting period at all. There is no federal waiting period. And private gun sales are exempt from things like waiting periods.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
But I can go to any state with more lax laws and buy a gun there. Most states don't seem to have a waiting period at all. There is no federal waiting period. And private gun sales are exempt from things like waiting periods.
I believe a federal waiting period should be in place at the very least. Really, why can't people wait 3 days or a week even before purchasing their guns? It would give the time needed if a background check comes up with something (felony, etc.) among other things.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
You are a detestable animal, and I want nothing more to do with you. You jump on these kids graves to spout your own twisted views and I hope you rot in hell.
go and be a monday morning quarterback somewhere else, in the mean time I hope you get cancer.
If you thinks that means you win, go and gloat, I wont be reading any more crap that comes out of your mouth.
<quoted text>
Fine, ignore Newtown. Address the simple question: What reasonable basis is there for citizens to possess assault weapons?

Speaking of detestable, my friends thought it was pretty detestable that you would so contort logic (by saying that 26 innocent lives would still have been taken had the killer used a baseball bat instead) to justify the availablility of machine guns.

As for cancer, my mother and aunt both have had breast cancer, so you just might get your wish. Now you have something to look forward to. Merry Christmas!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Ignoring newton, there is no reason a citizen should be denied the right to own the weapon. It does not need justification. By your logic nobody should be allowed to own a car that can exceed the speed limit. After all, what possible purpose could there be to owning such a thing?

Sorry about your mom and your aunt. But I think you are a POS and I dont care what happens to you. You are a self ritcheous arrogant self serving twatwaffle and like I said, I hope your gene pool ends with you.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, ignore Newtown. Address the simple question: What reasonable basis is there for citizens to possess assault weapons?
Speaking of detestable, my friends thought it was pretty detestable that you would so contort logic (by saying that 26 innocent lives would still have been taken had the killer used a baseball bat instead) to justify the availablility of machine guns.
As for cancer, my mother and aunt both have had breast cancer, so you just might get your wish. Now you have something to look forward to. Merry Christmas!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about the laws in other states but even buying a gun at a gun show requires at least a three day waiting period. I don't think it's as easy to jump across the border and buy a gun as it is to jump across and buy a pack of cigarettes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,096,121
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 47 min joey 25
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 557
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Ace 49,265

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••