Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

When are we gonna stop blaming the violence on guns instead of the individual?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Race, looks like it's just you and me today.
Where is everyone? I get 2 minutes to take a breather at work, I want to be entertained! By an argument about 4-way stop signs, not gun control!
;)
Did you see my post on FB about Joel Osteen?:) Yesterday's sermon meant I did my best to stay off the 'net at work until lunch time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

I wonder why his mom bought the guns, knowing how unstable her son was. (Neighbors reported that they weren't shocked at all that he'd done this.)

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I wonder why his mom bought the guns, knowing how unstable her son was.(Neighbors reported that they weren't shocked at all that he'd done this.)
after the fact, they rarely are, are they...:-( but not much that can be done in advance about someone who seems a little "off" or "odd" in most cases...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

I disagree. Usually neighbors will say the opposite: "He was a nice guy, I had no idea he was capable of this," etc.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see my post on FB about Joel Osteen?:) Yesterday's sermon meant I did my best to stay off the 'net at work until lunch time.
I did see your FB post but not his sermon... now I get it.
:)

I love when I post something about God on FB and people who I know are atheists/not religious (like you and Pixx) "like" it. It makes me feel like you guys understand me.

</sappiness>

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Race, looks like it's just you and me today.
Where is everyone? I get 2 minutes to take a breather at work, I want to be entertained! By an argument about 4-way stop signs, not gun control!
;)
I'm moving. Taking a break right now. This is SO much different than moving all your stuff and furniture. Sorting is taking as long as actually moving stuff over and putting it away.
Hell, just figuring out WHERE to put stuff is its own challenge!
8^J

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm moving. Taking a break right now. This is SO much different than moving all your stuff and furniture. Sorting is taking as long as actually moving stuff over and putting it away.
8^J
I hear ya!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm moving. Taking a break right now. This is SO much different than moving all your stuff and furniture. Sorting is taking as long as actually moving stuff over and putting it away.
8^J
Good luck with all of that!

I took my Grandmother grocery shopping today. Not sure why, since she is leaving on Thursday for VT. She likes her routine, though.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

You are such a complete ass. I really detest you sometimes.
There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a guy in China who killed 30 kids in a school with a knife. How about you preach to me as to why this kid was not in an institution where he belonged?
You trying to whip me with the deaths of those kids is despicable and I hope it comes back to you in spades bitch! Those deaths would have happened with a shotgun,.22, or a god dammed bat.
Your equating crazy to gun control is just a knee jerk reaction.
Know what I would love to see? I would love to see you step in front of a train. I would pay good money to see that.

PUKE!
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we do now, you didn't when you made the statement. And please illuminate us as to why assault weapons should be legal? What practical purpose do they serve? I would LOVE to watch you get up in front of the families who lost their children in Newtown and explain your position.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a guy in China who killed 30 kids in a school with a knife.
<quoted text>
22 kids. All survived.
No name QB

Purchase, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Da Bears still suck! Bahahahaha!!!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Connecticut has some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation...

Cities that have tough gun control laws have the highest incidences of shootings.

Gun control has been proven over and over to be ineffective.

Gun control advocates are focusing on the wrong issue.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Hey sam, instead of you asking me to go preach to those families, you about you show up and tell them how its their own damn fault their children died because they did not insist that all guns be outlawed?

You are such a sick, sick, sick person. I hope you are sterile so that humanity will see the last of your defective gene pool.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

and they were all attacked.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
22 kids. All survived.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Has WBC poked its mealy little head up at any of the funerals?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RACE wrote:
Hey sam, instead of you asking me to go preach to those families, you about you show up and tell them how its their own damn fault their children died because they did not insist that all guns be outlawed?
You are such a sick, sick, sick person. I hope you are sterile so that humanity will see the last of your defective gene pool.
Ysterday the news programs could not get a single Republican or gun control advocate to appear.

This morning on teh radio, the Senator from West Va who is 2nd amendment proponent and outspoken NRA advocate made a statement that not all constitutional rights are unfettered and he would work to renew the ban on assault rifles.

Then I turned the radio off
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
You are such a complete ass. I really detest you sometimes.
There was an article a couple of weeks ago about a guy in China who killed 30 kids in a school with a knife. How about you preach to me as to why this kid was not in an institution where he belonged?
You trying to whip me with the deaths of those kids is despicable and I hope it comes back to you in spades bitch! Those deaths would have happened with a shotgun,.22, or a god dammed bat.
Your equating crazy to gun control is just a knee jerk reaction.
Know what I would love to see? I would love to see you step in front of a train. I would pay good money to see that.
PUKE!
<quoted text>
Way to dodge the question. 26 people would have died if he had a baseball bat instead of an assault weapon? Really? That is an interesting theory. And one of the silliest things I have ever heard.

Again, what reasonable justification is there for allowing citizens to have assault weapons? They are a little big for conceal/carry. They are not suitable for hunting. Why does John Smith need to have an AK-47? Why aren't handguns and rifles (which I accept as having a legitimate use for hunting) enough?

Make sure to use some more perjorative terms in your response. It really gets me hot.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
and they were all attacked.
<quoted text>
And again, how many died?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

No name QB wrote:
Da Bears still suck! Bahahahaha!!!
Yes. Yes they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,221 - 76,240 of97,502
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,077,553
Abby 7-22 7 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-22 9 min edogxxx 1
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 50 min bensleys thoughts 1
Thousands march in downtown Chicago in support ... 56 min bensleys thoughts 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr bensleys thoughts 5
City to install more jet noise monitors in Chicago 1 hr bensleys thoughts 1
•••
•••