Comments
76,161 - 76,180 of 97,929 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#77173 Dec 14, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to get my hands on that twatwaffle for a few hours, see how THEY like that.
Because I would SO give them a reason to cry, and then some.
I copied this into an email for her. "Twatwaffle' made me snort on my pop!

Location hidden

#77174 Dec 14, 2012
I installed google cchrome at work as my browser. I then tried to install the google toolbar. Can’t. They are not compatible! Ha!

Location hidden

#77175 Dec 14, 2012
SO I get home last night and open my mail, b/c one looked like a check through the window. It wasn't. It was a collections notice saying that i owed them $18K and change for four different student loan accounts.(I've never had a student loan.)

I just moved, and my mail is still being forwarded, but this had my new, correct mailing address.

I called and just told them what I'd gotten and that it wasn't mine. She said "is your birthdate 3/31/something?" NO, it's 2/5/68. "are the last four digits of your SSN ####?" No, it's ()#). Oh, then it's our mistake, we'll take it off, you shouldn't hear from us again.

ME: That's all it takes? You'll take my word for it that this isn't me? I mean, it's not me, so I don't have any worries, but it's just that simple?

She laughed and said yup.

I think I'll be checking my credt reports soon.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#77176 Dec 14, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's right, you've voiced support for tax-funded programs that support the jobless and disadvantaged. My apologies, I guess I had you confused with someone else.
I make a distinction between those who abuse the system and those who legitimately need help to get back on their feet. Contrary to popular belief, conservatives are not opposed to helping those in need.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77177 Dec 14, 2012
In light of the Connecticut shootings, I will NOT renew the gun control discussion.
I do think we should re-open the insane asylums and lock these sob's up before they get near a gun.

My bias is that I live in Hubbard Woods and I was home the day of that school shooting.

Damn!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77178 Dec 14, 2012
No amount of gun control would have stopped that insanity. I head the shooter is dead (yay), but my heart really breaks for those parents. I just cant imagine how their lives are shattered. Think about it, going home, seeing the presents you have for you child under the tree.... I would lose it.
PEllen wrote:
In light of the Connecticut shootings, I will NOT renew the gun control discussion.
I do think we should re-open the insane asylums and lock these sob's up before they get near a gun.
My bias is that I live in Hubbard Woods and I was home the day of that school shooting.
Damn!

Location hidden

#77179 Dec 14, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Damn!
27 dead so far, most are children.

This may be the first time a mass shooting has made me cry.

Location hidden

#77180 Dec 14, 2012
RACE wrote:
No amount of gun control would have stopped that insanity. I head the shooter is dead (yay), but my heart really breaks for those parents. I just cant imagine how their lives are shattered. Think about it, going home, seeing the presents you have for you child under the tree.... I would lose it.
<quoted text>
OMG, another level of hell.

Those poor parents, and the surviving siblings and classmates.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#77181 Dec 14, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
27 dead so far, most are children.
This may be the first time a mass shooting has made me cry.
I can't read anymore about it now that I know that so many kids were killed. Last I heard, it was just a teacher wounded.

I don't want to cry at work.

Location hidden

#77182 Dec 14, 2012
I read that the 20 shooter is a father of one of the students.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#77183 Dec 14, 2012
RACE wrote:
No amount of gun control would have stopped that insanity. <quoted text>
Ignorant statement. Without knowing how the shooter got his gun(s), you have no way at all of knowing whether or not gun control would have made a difference.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#77184 Dec 14, 2012
It is taking all I have not to pull Ry out of school right now and just hold him.

My heart goes out to that whole community. They are going to need so much support.

Location hidden

#77185 Dec 14, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
It is taking all I have not to pull Ry out of school right now and just hold him.
My heart goes out to that whole community. They are going to need so much support.
The poor cops/emergency responders!!!

Location hidden

#77186 Dec 14, 2012
One 9yo girl was quoted as saying cops with big guns came to get them out, and told the kids to cover their eyes.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77187 Dec 14, 2012
RACE wrote:
I would lose it.
<quoted text>
I didn't hear about it until I was in the grocery store a little while ago. My niece texted me. I just stood there thinking "there's no coming back from that..."

Not that I'm trying...AT ALL...to justify Columbine, but at least I can understand those kids' motivation. This I just don't get at all.

Location hidden

#77188 Dec 14, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hear about it until I was in the grocery store a little while ago. My niece texted me. I just stood there thinking "there's no coming back from that..."
Not that I'm trying...AT ALL...to justify Columbine, but at least I can understand those kids' motivation. This I just don't get at all.
Well,you have a 20yo shooter who has a kid in that school at least 5 years old.

My theory: Custody/visitation issues, possibly related to a protective order because of his instability/mental illness. We’ll see how this plays out.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77189 Dec 14, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
I know I would get Chris if I was in your shoes right now. On 9/11 I pulled him out of school. We lived RIGHT NEXT DOOR (more or less) to Ft. Richie (the target of flight 93 originally). I needed him home with me.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#77190 Dec 14, 2012
I was already planning on taking the boys to a community event tonight to raise money for people affected by Hurricane Sandy. I think that is the best thing we can do at this point - go out in the community and support others.

I'm heading out to the school now. I'm sure I won't be the only mom there early, looking for comfort.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#77191 Dec 14, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,you have a 20yo shooter who has a kid in that school at least 5 years old.
My theory: Custody/visitation issues, possibly related to a protective order because of his instability/mental illness. We’ll see how this plays out.
A 20 year old with a 5 year old kid? WTF? OMG. I mean I guess...but damn.

Location hidden

#77192 Dec 14, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
A 20 year old with a 5 year old kid? WTF? OMG. I mean I guess...but damn.
Well, at LEAST five years old. Now the news is saying his kid is 6.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Emeem 1,100,068
Amy 8-29 11 min Kuuipo 13
VIDEO: Nuclear Putin Says Don’t Mess With Russia 27 min Infowars 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min SpaceBlues 46,307
The LIE behind the LYNCH MOB 47 min Balance or article 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min LRS 177,366
Abby 8-29 1 hr Kuuipo 9
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••