Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I just googled. You don't need a license to buy a car. You need one to drive it off the lot, though.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Not for nothing, but you don't need any kind of permit/license/card/whatever to purchase and bear arms in Washington state unless it's concealed carry which of course needs its own thing. No safety or training stuff either. Not for adults anyway...idk what the rules are pertaining to minors other than no hand guns.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Well, you got me there. But I have to believe that if the founders were aware of mustard gas and nukes, they may have tried to be a little more explicit, but what do I know.
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>What part of "shall not be infringed" are you not getting? As any originalist will tell you, the 2A does not distinguish between automatic weapons and nuclear weapons. It's not a living document to be interpreted by activist liberal judges. Just everyone else but.
I sure hope your abstaining from shellfish, by the way! The Lord frowns upon this. Check your money, it'll tell you that we are a Christian nation as our founders intended.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Please post a link to needing a license to buy a car. Not Drive a car, but simply to purchase one. Uber wealthy have limo drivers, its their job to have a license not the guy riding in the back.
edogxxx wrote:
It's kinda funny that the right to bear arms argument is evolving into the right bear howitzers, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
Race, you need a drivers license to buy a car, so yes, you DO need to pass a test in order to buy one. Only in Illinois do you need a firearm card to purchase guns and ammo. And in every other state (accept Alaska) you need a permit to carry a firearm. You need to take a course and prove you can handle it on the shooting range.
PE, your insurance idea is unconstitutional and will NEVER fly, so get off it already.
Toj and Ange, maybe someone doesn't "need" an assault rifle, but people also don't "need" an ipad, ipod, or ugg boots, so what's your point?
Oh, and Angela, why don't YOU evolve already and get a smartphone?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Jasper paid $200 for his. He's very non-techie and loves it though, if that helps.
I got the S 3 in July. It is fun but I know it has way more capabilties than I use or am likley to use in the future. It was my 1st smarphone. If I were to replace it today I would get the S2 and pay less money.

I paid $199 for the S3 with a 2 year contract on Verizon

“Topixtown”

Since: Jun 09

Why yes, I DO have a blog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

RACE wrote:
Please post a link to needing a license to buy a car. Not Drive a car, but simply to purchase one. Uber wealthy have limo drivers, its their job to have a license not the guy riding in the back.
<quoted text>
That might very from state to state. Not really sure. But, like private gun sales, you selling a car to Joe Schmo, you aren't required to see if he has a license, just cash.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
But DO you need a driver's license to buy a car? Shouldn't unlicensed mom be able to buy a car for her licensed adult child if she wants?
They can here. The car must be insured to go on the road, the driver of the car must be insured, but the owner need not have a license or even know how to drive as long as they don't.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Oh for Godssake you people are picky. Okay fine, you don't need a license to "buy" a car, but you need one to "operate" one. Now what the hell were we talking about again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

TFGIFF.

Plans? Tonight: date night. Grilled cheese and tomato soup!!! He wants to see the new James Bond or Hobbit movie.

Saturday: Boys will get dropped off at 10, then we'll bake sugar cookies and decorate them.

I need to send an email to my LL today reminding him of the very small tasks he has to complete then get the F out of my apartment.(My walk-in closet in the DR is full of his tools and equipment, I can't even get in there.)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Yesterday was the first day in almost nine years that Jasper and I didn't talk to each other (we exchanged a quick "hope you have a good day" text first thing in the morning but that doesn't count).
:(

TGIF indeed! A's boyfriend is not coming up here, but he's not making her go down south either so she and I are going to hang out. I've got the Dolphins game on Sunday and I need to start and hopefully finish Christmas shopping tomorrow.

I noticed that there's water accumulating on the shelves of my fridge - not sure what that's all about and I'm dreading having to request service, but it's really annoying to have to keep wiping it up. I've tried messing with the temperature setting but that didn't help. Sigh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
I noticed that there's water accumulating on the shelves of my fridge - not sure what that's all about and I'm dreading having to request service, but it's really annoying to have to keep wiping it up. I've tried messing with the temperature setting but that didn't help. Sigh.
We had this problem at work, and it had something to do with the freezer. Someone put a bowl on the top shelf, back, in the middle, which is where the water was dripping from, and now the bowl catches the water (and freezes, even though it's in the fridge!), and we dump it out once in a while.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Tonight: Guys night out...

Tomorrow: Bambi has a family friendly work party.

Sunday: Chill and make spritz cookies, either then or Saturday.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
We had this problem at work, and it had something to do with the freezer. Someone put a bowl on the top shelf, back, in the middle, which is where the water was dripping from, and now the bowl catches the water (and freezes, even though it's in the fridge!), and we dump it out once in a while.
Ah... thanks! I'll check that out.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I just re-read this. You put the bowl in the fridge, I first read it that you put a bowl in the freezer. I tried putting a cup in the fridge under where there's a hole leading from the freezer and all the water missed the cup. Maybe I just need a bigger receptacle. Although I really should just have a fridge that works right and this shouldn't be happening.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Maybe I need to make the freezer colder. I'll try that, then call for maintenance.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
It's kinda funny that the right to bear arms argument is evolving into the right bear howitzers, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
It's the same kind of funny that you use when you bring up marrying a horse or a car when we discuss gay marriage. Thought you'd be used to it by now.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Last day for three weeks! My work girlfriend has been let go :(

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
TFGIFF.
No sh!t.

Tonight: Maybe try and go christmas shopping. Maybe order pizza and watch a movie. <mimishrug> Not really sure. Dickie's been gone for 2 nights now at a business function, so it will be nice to just have him home.

Sat: Decorating christmas cookies with my mom and the girls.

Sun: More christmas shopping.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same kind of funny that you use when you bring up marrying a horse or a car when we discuss gay marriage. Thought you'd be used to it by now.
That's my point, liberals can make ridiculous leaps but no one else can.(though it's not a ridiculous leap to imagine all kinds of crazy marriages once you allow it to become an anything goes institution)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,141 - 76,160 of96,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,033,438
Teens expelled from Long Island Catholic school... 12 min The North knows 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min former res 65,090
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min CDC 47,037
Jews in eastern Ukraine city given orders to 'r... 17 min Nobody wants Jews 1
Abby 4-18 27 min PEllen 4
Amy 4-18 29 min PEllen 5
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••