|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
About the only thing we can do is prevent folks with criminal records and who have shown mental instability from buying them. I think that's already the case. What more would you want to do?
It's not already the case. At least 60% of gun sales are made at gun shows which don't do background checks. That's reform that needs to happen.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not already the case. At least 60% of gun sales are made at gun shows which don't do background checks. That's reform that needs to happen.
So why don't we reuire gun insurance like we require car insurance. Make the coverage run with the product The initial requirement would be on the manufacturer and first distributor or seller( store or gun show).After that it would be on teh registered owner. The only way you could get out of buying insurance would be to have a valid bill of sale and teh buyer show he has coverage. Same kind of card as we all have for car insurance.
This would not interfere with teh right to own and carry but would put teh cost of injury on the people responsible for safe usage of the guns.

Just a thought

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Example: THe shooter in Arizona who killed several people and wounded Giffords.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Also, private gun sales do not require a background check.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't we reuire gun insurance like we require car insurance. Make the coverage run with the product The initial requirement would be on the manufacturer and first distributor or seller( store or gun show).After that it would be on teh registered owner. The only way you could get out of buying insurance would be to have a valid bill of sale and teh buyer show he has coverage. Same kind of card as we all have for car insurance.
This would not interfere with teh right to own and carry but would put teh cost of injury on the people responsible for safe usage of the guns.
Just a thought
I think it's a very good idea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Didy ou see ont he news that a gas station in NJ got a delivery of JET FUEL instead of gasoline?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

And glad you were not at the mall, moon! Scary stuff!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Whoot!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are being inducted this year too, Mimi:
http://m.rollingstone.com/...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Wrong!
If a backround check is required, then one is conducted, even at gun shows. You may not take possession of the weapon until it comes back.
Most of the time you do not need a backround check for a rifle, but for hand guns you do.
People with CWP are exempt since they have already had this check done.

The only thing I am not sure on is the 3 day wait. I know in Broward county, there is a 3 day wait, but I believe that is only for the local gun shops. I dont think out of towners (who work the gun shows) are held to this.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a very good idea.
It's a terrible idea. Requiring insurance is a violation of the second amendment.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Didy ou see ont he news that a gas station in NJ got a delivery of JET FUEL instead of gasoline?
Whoops!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

So A told me on Monday night that her boyfriend will be up here this weekend and we talked about all of us going out either Friday or Saturday night. There's a lot going on this weekend so I wanted to firm up the plans so I asked her this morning which day she prefers (hindsight: I shouldn't have - I should have just said whichever day works for me, even though at this point either one does... I should have just picked one). Now she's saying he's "surprised" that she's assuming he'll be up here. Shocker - not. They're supposed to discuss their weekend plans tonight but I'm definitely not putting my other plans on hold. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. And all that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a terrible idea. Requiring insurance is a violation of the second amendment.
I promise you that the Second Amendment does not forbid insurance mandates.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
So A told me on Monday night that her boyfriend will be up here this weekend and we talked about all of us going out either Friday or Saturday night. There's a lot going on this weekend so I wanted to firm up the plans so I asked her this morning which day she prefers (hindsight: I shouldn't have - I should have just said whichever day works for me, even though at this point either one does... I should have just picked one). Now she's saying he's "surprised" that she's assuming he'll be up here. Shocker - not. They're supposed to discuss their weekend plans tonight but I'm definitely not putting my other plans on hold. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. And all that.
I'm confused. Why is he surprised that she expected him to visit? He's glommed onto her plenty. I think he's purposely playing mind games with her. Now that he hasn't driven her away with his stupid crap (as he's likely driven away women before), now he's twisting screws to get her to agree to visit HIM this weekend, thus avoiding meeting you again.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused. Why is he surprised that she expected him to visit? He's glommed onto her plenty. I think he's purposely playing mind games with her. Now that he hasn't driven her away with his stupid crap (as he's likely driven away women before), now he's twisting screws to get her to agree to visit HIM this weekend, thus avoiding meeting you again.
Honestly, the only explanation I have for any of his behavior and comments anymore is that he's a douchy nutjob.

I'm waiting to talk to my friend L about this weekend - and I don't mind waiting for her because she doesn't d1ck me around - but then I have to RSVP to two Christmas parties, one on Friday night and one on Saturday afternoon.

Dolphins game on Sunday! This weekend AND next, the first is a company outing and the second is extra tickets that my boss's boss gave me.:)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And glad you were not at the mall, moon! Scary stuff!
I haven't worked there for years, but that is where Bear and I met, I was running a children's gift shop and he was a supervisor at a pet store, opposite ends of the mall.
I was wrong about the store it happened outside of, the map in my head was turned around. It was right where we'd meet during breaks, not at my end of the mall.(Macy has two stores in the mall, and I thought it happened outside the one closer to my shops but it was the main store, not the furniture branch)
But yeah, I've been in one armed robbery, and that's enough of that sort of action for me for a lifetime, thank you very much.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of these folks who do these killings would have been blocked from getting a gun had they done background checks?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Sorry, I'm not putting my constitutional rights in the hands of insurance companies. <sarcasm>

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

strike the sarcasm comment. I was gonna say something sarcastic, but changed it, lol.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I promise you that the Second Amendment does not forbid insurance mandates.
Sorry, but I believe it does. That's the difference between a "privilege" (like driving a car) and a "right." The government can make you jump through all kinds of hoops in order to drive a car, but not when it comes to exercising your rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,021 - 76,040 of97,514
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min voice of peace 67,873
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min THE DEVIL 1,078,427
Abby 7-23 16 min PEllen 6
Amy 7-23 23 min Toj 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min loose cannon 174,462
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min gottondas 68,361
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Terry rigsby 48,837
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••