Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last night, a grandfather woke up when he heard a noise. It wasn't even 11 p.m. He went downstairs with his gun, looked out the window and saw a figure outside by his back door. He shot twice, critically wounding the person.

It was the 16yo granddaughter who lives with them. She was home when they went to bed.

Dude, you have a teenager living in your house who snuck out after you and grandma went to bed at 8 p.m. WTF were you thinking?
Yeah, that was dumb.

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As to the case I told you guys about where the guy laid inwait for the thieves: One guy at work today pointed out that since the guy had guns and ammo stolen the previous month, it's reasonable that he would expect the thieves to return... armed. Granted, he went overboard and he'll die in prison, but even my anti-gun-culture coworker figured, when you force your way illegally into someone else's home, you've signed your own death warrant, especially in a state with such a high rate of gun ownership and guns in the home.
That's exactly how I feel.

And contrary to how Sam feels, it doesn't make you a pussay to not make it a fair fight, when someone breaks into your home. You don't get extra points for making it a duel ... standing back to back, walking ten paces ... turning and shooting ... to see who wins ... with a burglar who breaks into your home. Making it a fair fight or taking unnecessary risks just makes one dumb, IMO.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
Lovely. The mall I worked at for over a decade had a nut job shoot the place up a couple hours ago.
They've closed the mall and are looking for people who might still be hiding out. Shooter is dead, one injured and two dead aside from the shooter.
Happened just a few doors away from where I worked, all three stores are/were grouped around that one.
SO glad I wasn't working there tonight!
Yikes! Glad you weren't working too, moon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
With that and what took place in Michigan, it's been a good day for common sense.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Some citizen just exercised his Second Amendment rights in Portland. This gets worse every day.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
Some citizen just exercised his Second Amendment rights in Portland. This gets worse every day.
Yeah, usually when you hear of senseless shootings in Portland it's because the cops have killed an unarmed person.
Maybe this was different because they were outside the city limits in the next county/town over.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
Yeah, because the second amendment gives people the right to kill others!(were you born this stupid?) We should do away with the Second Amendment so this type of tragedy never happens again! Then we should do away with the First Amendment while we're at it! Then the Third... and the Fourth... Rights have no place in a free society!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
Way more folks abuse the welfare system, yet you advocate for an ever increasing amount of handouts.

Union's engage in all sorts of abusive practices, yet you think they are great. Classes had to be cancelled in two school districts today cause hundreds of teachers didn't show up and decided they wanted to attack right to work supporters who set up a tent. That would get you fired in almost any other setting. They are special, tho, just ask them ... they will tell you. And of course it's all about the kids and what's in their best interest. It was really in these kids best interest to miss school, right? Not to mention all the working parents who had to miss work or scramble to find childcare. They care so little for everyone else, but themselves, and then expect everyone to support them having greater rights when it comes to employment than everyone else. Hubris...

The union thugs even resorted to violence. Tore down right to work supporter tents and attacked them. How many violent tea party protests have you heard of?

I guess by your thinking since a few of them are bad apples, we should do away with unions ... or does that only work when you are against something and not in favor of it?

I think edog mentioned something about the left's hypocrisy. Thanks for proving his point, good buddy.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because the second amendment gives people the right to kill others!(were you born this stupid?) We should do away with the Second Amendment so this type of tragedy never happens again! Then we should do away with the First Amendment while we're at it! Then the Third... and the Fourth... Rights have no place in a free society!!
Well, the 3rd maybe because it's about being forced to house soldiers in your home in peace time or war time.

I didn't say to do away with the 2A. Clearly, it needs to be re-worked. Times have changed and not necessarily for the better.

You kinda went off half-cocked there, didn't ya?

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Way more folks abuse the welfare system, yet you advocate for an ever increasing amount of handouts.
Union's engage in all sorts of abusive practices, yet you think they are great. Classes had to be cancelled in two school districts today cause hundreds of teachers didn't show up and decided they wanted to attack right to work supporters who set up a tent. That would get you fired in almost any other setting. They are special, tho, just ask them ... they will tell you. And of course it's all about the kids and what's in their best interest. It was really in these kids best interest to miss school, right? Not to mention all the working parents who had to miss work or scramble to find childcare. They care so little for everyone else, but themselves, and then expect everyone to support them having greater rights when it comes to employment than everyone else. Hubris...
The union thugs even resorted to violence. Tore down right to work supporter tents and attacked them. How many violent tea party protests have you heard of?
I guess by your thinking since a few of them are bad apples, we should do away with unions ... or does that only work when you are against something and not in favor of it?
I think edog mentioned something about the left's hypocrisy. Thanks for proving his point, good buddy.
I can't give you a big 10-4 here because my post wasn't about unions- at all. Which post were you responding to?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I can't give you a big 10-4 here because my post wasn't about unions- at all. Which post were you responding to?
A few a'holes abuse the second amendment and you say it needs to be reworked. Tons of people abuse welfare and you want more of it. Unions and their members abuse their positions all the time and you love them.

If it something you support, you couldn't care less if its abused ... if anything you want more of it ... If its something you don't support and their are isolated instances of abuse, you ARE QUICK TO JUMP ON IT and say we need to reform it to prevent this abuse.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few a'holes abuse the second amendment and you say it needs to be reworked. Tons of people abuse welfare and you want more of it. Unions and their members abuse their positions all the time and you love them.
If it something you support, you couldn't care less if its abused ... if anything you want more of it ... If its something you don't support and their are isolated instances of abuse, you ARE QUICK TO JUMP ON IT and say we need to reform it to prevent this abuse.
Welfare isn't out shooting up malls, theaters, schools, etc.

Is this one of those Fox news things where it's "too soon to talk about it"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Welfare isn't out shooting up malls, theaters, schools, etc.

Is this one of those Fox news things where it's "too soon to talk about it"?
It doesn't matter what the issue is. You are always going to have folks who abuse things. That doesn't mean you always need reform.

Absent a complete ban on guns and removing all the guns, which would be next to impossible, you will never be able to stop the rare person who snaps and does that. About the only thing we can do is prevent folks with criminal records and who have shown mental instability from buying them. I think that's already the case. What more would you want to do?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are being inducted this year too, Mimi:
http://m.rollingstone.com/...
Wooooo! About freaking time. And, yeah I *have* been living under a (figurative) rock recently...<shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
Lovely. The mall I worked at for over a decade had a nut job shoot the place up a couple hours ago.
They've closed the mall and are looking for people who might still be hiding out. Shooter is dead, one injured and two dead aside from the shooter.
Happened just a few doors away from where I worked, all three stores are/were grouped around that one.
SO glad I wasn't working there tonight!
Thinking about you while watching the news. Then I saw you being active on FB, so I quit worrying. ;-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking about you while watching the news. Then I saw you being active on FB, so I quit worrying. ;-)
Yeah, and I've started moving in. Little bits and pieces of kitchen and bathroom stuff, some drinks in the fridge, snacks. I want to take some books over, but not sure where I'll put them yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Okay, the copypasta didn't work, there was more, but I'm too tired.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I gave nick the camcorder (wrapped AND in a gift bag!). As he tore the paper off (plain cardboard box underneath), I asked him if he knew what it was. He said he had no idea. He loved it! He will figure it out tonight/tomorrow night, get it charged, then use it at Alex's hockey thing on Thursday (and I can't go b/c I have other plans I can't change, so I can watch the good parts and skip the rest).

I asked if I get a point for including the boys' mom in choosing the gift (ease of use means he can have her film the boys when he's busy coaching them in baseball). He said I get mega points.

Then we went out for expensive burgers at a place I loved but now I'm tired of, and came home and he fixed my computer (I didn't know it was bad, but he found 5or 6 bad things on it).

Bedtime.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I gave nick the camcorder (wrapped AND in a gift bag!). As he tore the paper off (plain cardboard box underneath), I asked him if he knew what it was. He said he had no idea. He loved it! He will figure it out tonight/tomorrow night, get it charged, then use it at Alex's hockey thing on Thursday (and I can't go b/c I have other plans I can't change, so I can watch the good parts and skip the rest).
I asked if I get a point for including the boys' mom in choosing the gift (ease of use means he can have her film the boys when he's busy coaching them in baseball). He said I get mega points.
Then we went out for expensive burgers at a place I loved but now I'm tired of, and came home and he fixed my computer (I didn't know it was bad, but he found 5or 6 bad things on it).
Bedtime.
Sounds like a good BF. I am glad for you.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Have we gone 50 Shades mad?
Bloomberg has this about sex toys
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-12/50-s...

My classical station from London has a classical music album( are they still called albums?) called 50 Shades of Grey which is one of its Top 10

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min THE DEVIL 1,085,043
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,468
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 34 min bosshog 3,854
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min truthrconsequences 49,034
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 58 min nono 6,594
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 1,882
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ask Amy 8-1-14 8 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE