Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So we FINALLY got the evite for Christmas Eve at Nick's aunt's house.(We had been wondering who would host -- her or her daughter.) In it, she dictates that for the "nice" gift exchange (as opposed to white elephant), NO GIFT CARDS. Um, too late. The gift is supposed to be $15-$20, I spent $25 and did the same thing last year (gift card to Caribou, a Starbucks-like Minnesota coffee chain), and people fought over it (nicely). What else am I supposed to get for a group gift grab where I don't know who wants what?
She also added to bring housewarming gifts/essentials for Nick's brother's new home (she listed stuff like kleenex, aluminum foil, etc.).
I told NIck that I'll choose my own gift, tyvm, and he'll get it when he finally moves out of his parents' basement (he's been there for over 3 years now, and has bought a house, but we've seen no signs of him actually MOVING).
I've gotten movie tickets with dinner gift card for that type of grab bag, a really nice electric blanket, and a host of other things but our limit is $80. So much easier to work with, especially since you don't want to get a "female" or a "male" gift. It's in place of giving a gift to all the adults. We play a game and can steal from each other, etc.

I think you did good.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Heart is going into the rock and roll hall of fame next year!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna join me in Cleveland? Nick laughed at me when I suggested we take a road trip!:)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Anyone wanna join me in Cleveland? Nick laughed at me when I suggested we take a road trip!:)
You sure he wasn't laughing just at Cleveland?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure he wasn't laughing just at Cleveland?:)
That's exactly what he was doing.

I'm glad I never told him about my huge crush on Drew Carey.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
A toast to Michigan Republicans edog! It is gonna be funny to watch the left throw a hissy fit.
Always is. I'm always amused by the hypocrisy of the left.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I googled to check the date, and it said the ceremony is in LA this time.

"Scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 2013, the 28th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. This marks the first time since 1993 that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on the West Coast. The ceremony will again be open to the public, as it was in 2009 and 2012 in Cleveland."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Always is. I'm always amused by the hypocrisy of the left.
I'm never surprised by it from the right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I googled to check the date, and it said the ceremony is in LA this time.
"Scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 2013, the 28th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. This marks the first time since 1993 that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on the West Coast. The ceremony will again be open to the public, as it was in 2009 and 2012 in Cleveland."
Aw, I would have liked to have gone to Cleveland to see the hall of fame!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Well, NIck's youngest (age 5) got picked for some special hockey thing where they pair the kids up wtih varsity hockey players Thursday night, the kids get to skate onto the ice, do warm ups, stand out there for the national anthem, go into the locker room,e tc. All kinds of cool stuff.

I guess Nick's getting his camcorder tonight.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As much as I like Heart, I am on an unofficial boycott of the R&R Hall of Fame and everything associated with it until they see the (major) error of their ways and induct RUSH, as they should have done a LONG TIME AGO!

/rant

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
Congrats!

Minnesota's conceal/carry law has worked out well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Last night, a grandfather woke up when he heard a noise. It wasn't even 11 p.m. He went downstairs with his gun, looked out the window and saw a figure outside by his back door. He shot twice, critically wounding the person.

It was the 16yo granddaughter who lives with them. She was home when they went to bed.

Dude, you have a teenager living in your house who snuck out after you and grandma went to bed at 8 p.m. WTF were you thinking?

As to the case I told you guys about where the guy laid inwait for the thieves: One guy at work today pointed out that since the guy had guns and ammo stolen the previous month, it's reasonable that he would expect the thieves to return... armed. Granted, he went overboard and he'll die in prison, but even my anti-gun-culture coworker figured, when you force your way illegally into someone else's home, you've signed your own death warrant, especially in a state with such a high rate of gun ownership and guns in the home.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I hear ya! I think they are jealous.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I like Heart, I am on an unofficial boycott of the R&R Hall of Fame and everything associated with it until they see the (major) error of their ways and induct RUSH, as they should have done a LONG TIME AGO!
/rant

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Lovely. The mall I worked at for over a decade had a nut job shoot the place up a couple hours ago.
They've closed the mall and are looking for people who might still be hiding out. Shooter is dead, one injured and two dead aside from the shooter.
Happened just a few doors away from where I worked, all three stores are/were grouped around that one.
SO glad I wasn't working there tonight!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>As much as I like Heart, I am on an unofficial boycott of the R&R Hall of Fame and everything associated with it until they see the (major) error of their ways and induct RUSH, as they should have done a LONG TIME AGO!

/rant
They are being inducted this year too, Mimi:

http://m.rollingstone.com/...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
Lovely. The mall I worked at for over a decade had a nut job shoot the place up a couple hours ago.
They've closed the mall and are looking for people who might still be hiding out. Shooter is dead, one injured and two dead aside from the shooter.
Happened just a few doors away from where I worked, all three stores are/were grouped around that one.
Thank you. I was wondering

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last night, a grandfather woke up when he heard a noise. It wasn't even 11 p.m. He went downstairs with his gun, looked out the window and saw a figure outside by his back door. He shot twice, critically wounding the person.

It was the 16yo granddaughter who lives with them. She was home when they went to bed.

Dude, you have a teenager living in your house who snuck out after you and grandma went to bed at 8 p.m. WTF were you thinking?
Yeah, that was dumb.

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As to the case I told you guys about where the guy laid inwait for the thieves: One guy at work today pointed out that since the guy had guns and ammo stolen the previous month, it's reasonable that he would expect the thieves to return... armed. Granted, he went overboard and he'll die in prison, but even my anti-gun-culture coworker figured, when you force your way illegally into someone else's home, you've signed your own death warrant, especially in a state with such a high rate of gun ownership and guns in the home.
That's exactly how I feel.

And contrary to how Sam feels, it doesn't make you a pussay to not make it a fair fight, when someone breaks into your home. You don't get extra points for making it a duel ... standing back to back, walking ten paces ... turning and shooting ... to see who wins ... with a burglar who breaks into your home. Making it a fair fight or taking unnecessary risks just makes one dumb, IMO.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
Yikes! Glad you weren't working too, moon.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
With that and what took place in Michigan, it's been a good day for common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,001 - 76,020 of96,208
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Violence: 45 People Shot over Easter We... 5 min reality is a crutch 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,141
ask amy 4-22 10 min pde 62
Ku Klux Klan wants to form Pennsylvania neighbo... 13 min Great Idea 1
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 30 min Damn good man 1
Amy 4-23 41 min loose cannon 7
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min TRD 67,237
•••
•••