Comments
75,981 - 76,000 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76991 Dec 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Heart is going into the rock and roll hall of fame next year!!!!!!!!
Anyone wanna join me in Cleveland? Nick laughed at me when I suggested we take a road trip!:)
You sure he wasn't laughing just at Cleveland?:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76992 Dec 11, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure he wasn't laughing just at Cleveland?:)
That's exactly what he was doing.

I'm glad I never told him about my huge crush on Drew Carey.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76993 Dec 11, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
A toast to Michigan Republicans edog! It is gonna be funny to watch the left throw a hissy fit.
Always is. I'm always amused by the hypocrisy of the left.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76994 Dec 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Anyone wanna join me in Cleveland? Nick laughed at me when I suggested we take a road trip!:)
I googled to check the date, and it said the ceremony is in LA this time.

"Scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 2013, the 28th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. This marks the first time since 1993 that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on the West Coast. The ceremony will again be open to the public, as it was in 2009 and 2012 in Cleveland."

Location hidden

#76995 Dec 11, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Always is. I'm always amused by the hypocrisy of the left.
I'm never surprised by it from the right.

Location hidden

#76996 Dec 11, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I googled to check the date, and it said the ceremony is in LA this time.
"Scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 2013, the 28th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. This marks the first time since 1993 that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on the West Coast. The ceremony will again be open to the public, as it was in 2009 and 2012 in Cleveland."
Aw, I would have liked to have gone to Cleveland to see the hall of fame!

Location hidden

#76997 Dec 11, 2012
Well, NIck's youngest (age 5) got picked for some special hockey thing where they pair the kids up wtih varsity hockey players Thursday night, the kids get to skate onto the ice, do warm ups, stand out there for the national anthem, go into the locker room,e tc. All kinds of cool stuff.

I guess Nick's getting his camcorder tonight.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76998 Dec 11, 2012

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76999 Dec 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As much as I like Heart, I am on an unofficial boycott of the R&R Hall of Fame and everything associated with it until they see the (major) error of their ways and induct RUSH, as they should have done a LONG TIME AGO!

/rant

Location hidden

#77000 Dec 11, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Congrats!

Minnesota's conceal/carry law has worked out well.

Location hidden

#77001 Dec 11, 2012
Last night, a grandfather woke up when he heard a noise. It wasn't even 11 p.m. He went downstairs with his gun, looked out the window and saw a figure outside by his back door. He shot twice, critically wounding the person.

It was the 16yo granddaughter who lives with them. She was home when they went to bed.

Dude, you have a teenager living in your house who snuck out after you and grandma went to bed at 8 p.m. WTF were you thinking?

As to the case I told you guys about where the guy laid inwait for the thieves: One guy at work today pointed out that since the guy had guns and ammo stolen the previous month, it's reasonable that he would expect the thieves to return... armed. Granted, he went overboard and he'll die in prison, but even my anti-gun-culture coworker figured, when you force your way illegally into someone else's home, you've signed your own death warrant, especially in a state with such a high rate of gun ownership and guns in the home.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#77002 Dec 11, 2012
I hear ya! I think they are jealous.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I like Heart, I am on an unofficial boycott of the R&R Hall of Fame and everything associated with it until they see the (major) error of their ways and induct RUSH, as they should have done a LONG TIME AGO!
/rant

Location hidden

#77003 Dec 11, 2012
Lovely. The mall I worked at for over a decade had a nut job shoot the place up a couple hours ago.
They've closed the mall and are looking for people who might still be hiding out. Shooter is dead, one injured and two dead aside from the shooter.
Happened just a few doors away from where I worked, all three stores are/were grouped around that one.
SO glad I wasn't working there tonight!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#77004 Dec 11, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>As much as I like Heart, I am on an unofficial boycott of the R&R Hall of Fame and everything associated with it until they see the (major) error of their ways and induct RUSH, as they should have done a LONG TIME AGO!

/rant
They are being inducted this year too, Mimi:

http://m.rollingstone.com/...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77005 Dec 11, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
Lovely. The mall I worked at for over a decade had a nut job shoot the place up a couple hours ago.
They've closed the mall and are looking for people who might still be hiding out. Shooter is dead, one injured and two dead aside from the shooter.
Happened just a few doors away from where I worked, all three stores are/were grouped around that one.
Thank you. I was wondering

Location hidden

#77006 Dec 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last night, a grandfather woke up when he heard a noise. It wasn't even 11 p.m. He went downstairs with his gun, looked out the window and saw a figure outside by his back door. He shot twice, critically wounding the person.

It was the 16yo granddaughter who lives with them. She was home when they went to bed.

Dude, you have a teenager living in your house who snuck out after you and grandma went to bed at 8 p.m. WTF were you thinking?
Yeah, that was dumb.

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As to the case I told you guys about where the guy laid inwait for the thieves: One guy at work today pointed out that since the guy had guns and ammo stolen the previous month, it's reasonable that he would expect the thieves to return... armed. Granted, he went overboard and he'll die in prison, but even my anti-gun-culture coworker figured, when you force your way illegally into someone else's home, you've signed your own death warrant, especially in a state with such a high rate of gun ownership and guns in the home.
That's exactly how I feel.

And contrary to how Sam feels, it doesn't make you a pussay to not make it a fair fight, when someone breaks into your home. You don't get extra points for making it a duel ... standing back to back, walking ten paces ... turning and shooting ... to see who wins ... with a burglar who breaks into your home. Making it a fair fight or taking unnecessary risks just makes one dumb, IMO.

Location hidden

#77007 Dec 11, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
Yikes! Glad you weren't working too, moon.

Location hidden

#77008 Dec 11, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
With that and what took place in Michigan, it's been a good day for common sense.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

#77009 Dec 11, 2012
Some citizen just exercised his Second Amendment rights in Portland. This gets worse every day.

Location hidden

#77010 Dec 11, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
Some citizen just exercised his Second Amendment rights in Portland. This gets worse every day.
Yeah, usually when you hear of senseless shootings in Portland it's because the cops have killed an unarmed person.
Maybe this was different because they were outside the city limits in the next county/town over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,941
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 24 min Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 31 min minluo 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min danetoo 68,346
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,347
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000