|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

That's wonderful!

Here's a Q I posted on FB tonight:

As far as being a party/gathering host: What five liquors would you have in your home?(Excluding wines and beers, etc. liquor only.)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
That's wonderful!
Here's a Q I posted on FB tonight:
As far as being a party/gathering host: What five liquors would you have in your home?(Excluding wines and beers, etc. liquor only.)
Vodka - Absolut or Grey Goose
Rum - Captain Morgan or Bacardi
Tequila - Patron
Gin - don't know my brands
Whiskey - don't know my brands

Bailey's if it's winter
Coconut rum if it's summer

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

2 christmas parties tonight. I am at my desk waiting to sober up enough to drive home. I left the 2nd one before the band started and they guys got too wasted. Too old for that. Good parties though

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

This iPad is so cool!
Aisle Sitter on Vacation

Munich, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Guten Morgen, Kinder!

Here's Abby:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUBJR691TK...

Here's Amy:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T3OHDBP8JH...

I'm off to another Kristkindlemarkt today, I think, and will defiantly spend a bunch more time with the nephews. They're an awful lot of fun; A observed several times yesterday "we're all together!" and said to his Uncle "I like you Uncle M!" M is a little parrot; he has NO IDEA what he's saying sometimes; he was fiddling with something he shouldn't have been playing with, and started repeating what we told him - "no clanking" "clanking not allowed" - and shoot his head while trying to clank it again...:-D
Aisle Sitter on Vacation

Munich, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It is and it isn't on par. There's always the AmEx cards and then we usually have a raffle. There's one huge prize (big screen TV), a lot of good to awesome prizes (Kindles, iPods, tickets to sporting events or amusement parks), and anyone who doesn't win with a raffle ticket gets an additional gift card for gas, the grocery store, Starbucks, etc.
Giving everyone an iPad Mini was genius. I'm sure it was cheaper and everyone was happy - no complaining.
that's a neat raffle! our department started canibalizing gift boxes and having the leadership committee get stuff to round out, almost white elephant style, so that everyone gets something. we have to guess what's on a tag on our back to be "eligible", but if you find a good friend to coach you, it's easy to figure out what christmas carol or icon is on your tag. last year, they added the element of stealing someone else's gift if you want. i really don't care, and much of the stuff is verging on useless crap to me, so i usually keep whatever I get.

we're kinda "cost conscious" lately; they've also gotten a bunch of our vendors to "co-sponsor' the event, too...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Aisle Sitter on Vacation wrote:
Guten Morgen, Kinder!
Here's Abby:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUBJR691TK...
Here's Amy:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T3OHDBP8JH...
I'm off to another Kristkindlemarkt today, I think, and will defiantly spend a bunch more time with the nephews. They're an awful lot of fun; A observed several times yesterday "we're all together!" and said to his Uncle "I like you Uncle M!" M is a little parrot; he has NO IDEA what he's saying sometimes; he was fiddling with something he shouldn't have been playing with, and started repeating what we told him - "no clanking" "clanking not allowed" - and shoot his head while trying to clank it again...:-D
My bad. Wasn't expecting anyone else up so early on a Saturday!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Hi everyone. The holiday party was a lot of fun and a perfect break from unpacking. The company president dressed up as Santa and we all got iPad Minis and AmEx gift cards. I was planning on stopping at Target on my way home from the party anyway, so I added a case for the mini to my list.:)

Unpacking is going slowly but surely. I'm going to order pizza soon and decide if I want to keep unpacking into the night or open a bottle of wine and find a movie on HBO or OnDemand.
That sounds like such a fun party! Hope you enjoyed the rest if your night. Did you end up watching a movie?

I watched "We Bought A Zoo". It wasn't a horrible movie, but then I looked up the real story. I know there is some literary license when adapting things for a movie, but I'm always disappointed when the movie bears almost no resemblance to the original story.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

I think that's an older Amy. Mine's different

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

<quoted text>
that's a neat raffle! our department started canibalizing gift boxes and having the leadership committee get stuff to round out, almost white elephant style, so that everyone gets something. we have to guess what's on a tag on our back to be "eligible", but if you find a good friend to coach you, it's easy to figure out what christmas carol or icon is on your tag. last year, they added the element of stealing someone else's gift if you want. i really don't care, and much of the stuff is verging on useless crap to me, so i usually keep whatever I get.
we're kinda "cost conscious" lately; they've also gotten a bunch of our vendors to "co-sponsor' the event, too...
AS- If you get near a grocery or liquor store would you see if they carry Schweppes Russchian or LemonMint? If you can get a can/bottle to taste and describe to me, I would appreciate it. They don't distribute these in the US but depending on your input I think I will try to figure out a way to get some.

This is the stuff we talked about last time when you made your trip but everyone was sick. I am not sure which sites you are monitoring so I will send this in a pm as well.

If you can't or forget, no sweat.

Thanks,

PEllen

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like such a fun party! Hope you enjoyed the rest if your night. Did you end up watching a movie?
Not really. I unpacked my books and CDs and then caught the end of The Banger Sisters on TV while I set up the iPad. It was a productive night though!

I cleaned my old apartment this morning and turned in the keys. Sniff. And I've spent the afternoon whipping the closet in the computer room (2nd bedroom) into shape - I'm impressed with myself. This closet is consolidating stuff that used to be in a walk-in closet, a laundry room, a storage pantry, and a linen closet.
Aisle Sitter on Vacation

Munich, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
AS- If you get near a grocery or liquor store would you see if they carry Schweppes Russchian or LemonMint? If you can get a can/bottle to taste and describe to me, I would appreciate it. They don't distribute these in the US but depending on your input I think I will try to figure out a way to get some.
This is the stuff we talked about last time when you made your trip but everyone was sick. I am not sure which sites you are monitoring so I will send this in a pm as well.
Thanks,
PEllen
THAT's what it was... i was in a grocery earlier today, and i looked for the Schweppes, but couldn't remember what it was you were looking for! They had a bitter lemon, but that didn't sound right. i'll keep an eye for it...

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,
PEllen
http://www.amazon.com/Schweppes-Tonic-Water-R...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
That never occurred to me- to look on Amazon.I had gone through the Schweppes websites the last time and it was very specific that this one was not distributed in the US.

I have never tasted teh stuff but teh description looked interesting. I think I will wait to see what A S finds.

Thanks for looking it up for me though.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
This iPad is so cool!
I am jealous.

Did you already have an apple account or have you worked on Apple before?

My husband and sister have MAC books and I have played on them. It took me some getting used to

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I am jealous.

Did you already have an apple account or have you worked on Apple before?

My husband and sister have MAC books and I have played on them. It took me some getting used to
I have an iPhone so I had an apple account already. This iPad is soooo much faster!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
It is UK seller. I have sent an email to find out if they ship to the US. It will probably cost a mint. I am really interested if AS can find the stuff and taste it
Aisle Sitter on Vacation

Munich, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
that's helpful, thanks! i was lookign for someithng different altogether... i found it on a german website for schweppes, so there is hope! ;-)

PE, I'll let you know what i find... can you e-mail me directly? i don't have my computer with us, so i don't have access to email addresses and passwords.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min PDUPONT 1,084,471
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 43 min Abdurratln 68,078
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,455
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 45,909
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 4 hr sheepleloveroyalty 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 175,239
Why We will Go to War with Russia 6 hr SnuffAGlobalist 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••