Topix Chitown Regulars
Aisle Sitter on Vacation

Munich, Germany

#76936 Dec 8, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
AS- If you get near a grocery or liquor store would you see if they carry Schweppes Russchian or LemonMint? If you can get a can/bottle to taste and describe to me, I would appreciate it. They don't distribute these in the US but depending on your input I think I will try to figure out a way to get some.
This is the stuff we talked about last time when you made your trip but everyone was sick. I am not sure which sites you are monitoring so I will send this in a pm as well.
If you can't or forget, no sweat.
Thanks,
PEllen
THAT's what it was... i was in a grocery earlier today, and i looked for the Schweppes, but couldn't remember what it was you were looking for! They had a bitter lemon, but that didn't sound right. i'll keep an eye for it...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76937 Dec 8, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
AS- If you get near a grocery or liquor store would you see if they carry Schweppes Russchian or LemonMint? If you can get a can/bottle to taste and describe to me, I would appreciate it. They don't distribute these in the US but depending on your input I think I will try to figure out a way to get some.
This is the stuff we talked about last time when you made your trip but everyone was sick. I am not sure which sites you are monitoring so I will send this in a pm as well.
If you can't or forget, no sweat.
Thanks,
PEllen
http://www.amazon.com/Schweppes-Tonic-Water-R...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76938 Dec 8, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
That never occurred to me- to look on Amazon.I had gone through the Schweppes websites the last time and it was very specific that this one was not distributed in the US.

I have never tasted teh stuff but teh description looked interesting. I think I will wait to see what A S finds.

Thanks for looking it up for me though.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76939 Dec 8, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
This iPad is so cool!
I am jealous.

Did you already have an apple account or have you worked on Apple before?

My husband and sister have MAC books and I have played on them. It took me some getting used to

West Palm Beach, FL

#76940 Dec 8, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I am jealous.

Did you already have an apple account or have you worked on Apple before?

My husband and sister have MAC books and I have played on them. It took me some getting used to
I have an iPhone so I had an apple account already. This iPad is soooo much faster!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76941 Dec 8, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
It is UK seller. I have sent an email to find out if they ship to the US. It will probably cost a mint. I am really interested if AS can find the stuff and taste it
Aisle Sitter on Vacation

Munich, Germany

#76942 Dec 9, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
that's helpful, thanks! i was lookign for someithng different altogether... i found it on a german website for schweppes, so there is hope! ;-)

PE, I'll let you know what i find... can you e-mail me directly? i don't have my computer with us, so i don't have access to email addresses and passwords.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76943 Dec 9, 2012

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76944 Dec 9, 2012
Aisle Sitter on Vacation wrote:
<quoted text>
that's helpful, thanks! i was lookign for someithng different altogether... i found it on a german website for schweppes, so there is hope! ;-)
PE, I'll let you know what i find... can you e-mail me directly? i don't have my computer with us, so i don't have access to email addresses and passwords.
I sent a message to comcast

West Palm Beach, FL

#76945 Dec 9, 2012
Pictures are hung! The only thing I have left to do is buy a pantry at Target and it's a two-person job so probably won't be today. Otherwise, I'm completely unpacked. I'm sure I'll be tweaking things here and there for awhile but still... Whew!

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#76946 Dec 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Pictures are hung! The only thing I have left to do is buy a pantry at Target and it's a two-person job so probably won't be today. Otherwise, I'm completely unpacked. I'm sure I'll be tweaking things here and there for awhile but still... Whew!
Good for you! Buy a pantry?
hung like a picture

Schaumburg, IL

#76947 Dec 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously she meant "panties", bonehead! Sheesh- try and keep up!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#76948 Dec 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It is UK seller. I have sent an email to find out if they ship to the US. It will probably cost a mint. I am really interested if AS can find the stuff and taste it
Oh yeah I was kinda thinking that it was in the UK, but thought I'd share anyway...just in case. Would hate to spend $50.00 on a $2.00 item...<nod nod>

West Palm Beach, FL

#76949 Dec 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, my new place doesn't have a pantry. I'm going to buy this:

http://www.target.com/p/closetmaid-pantry-cab...

But I need help because the box is mad heavy. Maybe next weekend!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76950 Dec 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, my new place doesn't have a pantry. I'm going to buy this:
http://www.target.com/p/closetmaid-pantry-cab...
But I need help because the box is mad heavy. Maybe next weekend!
A mad heavy box is kind of a turn on. I was hoping you needed help buying panties. Give me another week!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76951 Dec 10, 2012

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76952 Dec 10, 2012
I shoveled five times yesterday. THree times I cleaned off my car.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76953 Dec 10, 2012
Today would have been my parents' 46th anniversary. I guess I should call mom today.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76954 Dec 10, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah I was kinda thinking that it was in the UK, but thought I'd share anyway...just in case. Would hate to spend $50.00 on a $2.00 item...<nod nod>
They replied:
Good Morning,
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we can send to the US and it would be $4.99
postage and packaging for this item.

Now when my (ahem) personal taste tester reports back I am good to go.

Cool.

Thanks Mimi and AS
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76955 Dec 10, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Vodka - Absolut or Grey Goose
Rum - Captain Morgan or Bacardi
Tequila - Patron
Gin - don't know my brands
Whiskey - don't know my brands
Bailey's if it's winter
Coconut rum if it's summer
Good enough, though I would go with Death's Door for the vodka, Don Julio for the tequila, Hendrick's for the gin, and Maker's for the Whiskey. For a liqueur consider Patron Cafe. Very good shot is to float half a shot of Bailey's on top of a shot of the Patron Cafe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min OzRitz 54,548
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr THE DEVIL 1,277,191
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 3 hr thenose 160
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Joe Balls 196,955
News Arrests made after Two-Month burglary Spree in ... 3 hr fedupcracker 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Cheftell 70,160
Clare rios 6 hr Lol dumbaz 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages