Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Yeah, more gun control would have prevented this suicide.

How is it even possible to create legislation that will allow citizens to own weapons, but guarantee that they wont shoot themselves with it?

I think we need forced mood controlling drugs administrated into our water so that nobody will kill themselves, or want to shoot anyone, or want to steal. Then we wont need gun control at all!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Race, I had to get into an argument with an anti-gun friend here at work. She was using the Chiefs player shooting as a "we need more gun control in this country" rant. Sigh. we have LOTS of gun control. I firmly believe the "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" saying.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RACE wrote:
Yeah, more gun control would have prevented this suicide.
How is it even possible to create legislation that will allow citizens to own weapons, but guarantee that they wont shoot themselves with it?
I think we need forced mood controlling drugs administrated into our water so that nobody will kill themselves, or want to shoot anyone, or want to steal. Then we wont need gun control at all!
<quoted text>
Fluoride!
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

This from the Trib:

Starbucks is now offering a gift card for $450 --$400 to fill the card with store credit and $50 toward the sleek, stainless steel card itself.

Anyone who does that is officially a moron.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
This from the Trib:
Starbucks is now offering a gift card for $450 --$400 to fill the card with store credit and $50 toward the sleek, stainless steel card itself.
Anyone who does that is officially a moron.
I thought that had to be a joke, AND IT ISN'T!!

It went on to say at another site:

"Get this. The gift card is made of steel, and there will be only 5,000 of them sold. And, hereís the really appealing part - they each cost $450 but theyíll be loaded with only $400. What a bargain of a stocking stuffer!

You canít walk into your corner Starbucks and pick up one of these babies, though. You need to buy them at the luxury gift website Gilt. They arenít even for sale yet. The sale will start in two days.

The steel card will give holders a few extra perks like a free drink on their birthday and a free food or drink item after 12 Stars..."

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
"Get this. The gift card is made of steel, and there will be only 5,000 of them sold. And, hereís the really appealing part - they each cost $450 but theyíll be loaded with only $400. What a bargain of a stocking stuffer!
You canít walk into your corner Starbucks and pick up one of these babies, though. You need to buy them at the luxury gift website Gilt. They arenít even for sale yet. The sale will start in two days.
The steel card will give holders a few extra perks like a free drink on their birthday and a free food or drink item after 12 Stars..."
I get those "extra perks" with my plain old plastic card. Anyone who buys this is either super rich and looking for a novelty gift for a coffee lover, or a sucker.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Usually, status symbols are nothing but stupidity markers.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I get those "extra perks" with my plain old plastic card. Anyone who buys this is either super rich and looking for a novelty gift for a coffee lover, or a sucker.
I vote "sucker".
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Did ye thinketh me to be pullething thine leg?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Have you seen the baby "dancing" to Beyonce? It's funny and adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Did ye thinketh me to be pullething thine leg?
I thought you got suckered into believing something that wasn't true. Should have known better.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Have you seen the baby "dancing" to Beyonce? It's funny and adorable.
I love how he starts trying to move his whole leg to the song as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how he starts trying to move his whole leg to the song as well.
He does mimic their movements to a small degree sometimes, and that cracks me upt he most.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi, have you seen the car commercial featuring "Fly by Night"?
I have. I sing to it. <shrug> LOL

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
A regular Starbucks card does that. I get free drinks all the time. In fact I have one waiting on me now. I also get a freebie on my birthday. The difference? I got my card for $5.00, which bought me $5 worth of stuff. <shrug> Oh and it's gold and has my name on it.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
He does mimic their movements to a small degree sometimes, and that cracks me upt he most.
I taught Chris' friend Jenni's one year old to head bang. He tries to do the thing with his fingers (it's soooooo adorable) but usually just puts his hands on top of mine and lets me do it. I was bored waiting for her to finish trying on clothes at the store one night so Sabby and I walked around (I walked, he rode) listening to the muzak and did the head banger thing.

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Last night in my old place. Wish me luck with moving day tomorrow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Good luck moving! Tell us about the new space!

So far I miss a garage and a dishwasher. I don't think I'll ever get over missing those.

But I love my space, I haven't seen either neighbor since I moved in, I'm a 15 minute drive to and from work (I woke up at 7;17 this morning (overslept), and I was at work by 7:50), the cats LOVE this place (mia loves the radiators, Rose loves galloping down the 23' long hallway. TGhey're thriving. This was a good move.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. I sing to it. <shrug> LOL
I've been known to do the drum action on that song. Great song.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Oh -- I only play air drums.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I would like for a TV commercial to include a rickroll. It's time to see this in regular, everyday visual media.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,821 - 75,840 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,073,030
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,173
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min TRD 67,549
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Frank 173,760
ďIf America Doesnít Abolish the FED, the FED wi... 25 min hands on AR 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 45,578
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr HUmy 7,563
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••