Topix Chitown Regulars
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76853 Dec 6, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good luck moving! Tell us about the new space!
So far I miss a garage and a dishwasher. I don't think I'll ever get over missing those.
But I love my space, I haven't seen either neighbor since I moved in, I'm a 15 minute drive to and from work (I woke up at 7;17 this morning (overslept), and I was at work by 7:50), the cats LOVE this place (mia loves the radiators, Rose loves galloping down the 23' long hallway. TGhey're thriving. This was a good move.
Towel on radiator for after shower = happiness.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76854 Dec 6, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Towel on radiator for after shower = happiness.
Before I do that, I think I'll scrub the radiators with soapy water and a stiff brush. THey are clean ENOUGH but not enough to put my clean towel on. But I did put an old towel over the one in the bathroom and put Mia on it last night. SHe was resistant to being put on it, but give her a few seconds... "hey... this is warm... and Rose can't bug me..."

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76855 Dec 6, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I do that, I think I'll scrub the radiators with soapy water and a stiff brush. THey are clean ENOUGH but not enough to put my clean towel on. But I did put an old towel over the one in the bathroom and put Mia on it last night. SHe was resistant to being put on it, but give her a few seconds... "hey... this is warm... and Rose can't bug me..."
We have covers on most of our radiators, but sadly the one in the bathroom does not get warm enough to do anything to a towel. But the one in the sunporch gets so hot we have to make sure things aren't touching it. Go figure.

I've also seen small slabs of marble or other stones on top of a radiator, so things can be put on them like books or a vase or even a butt.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76856 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We have covers on most of our radiators, but sadly the one in the bathroom does not get warm enough to do anything to a towel. But the one in the sunporch gets so hot we have to make sure things aren't touching it. Go figure.
I've also seen small slabs of marble or other stones on top of a radiator, so things can be put on them like books or a vase or even a butt.
I have a radiator -- a big one -- in my kitchen and the stove touches it. I suppose that lay-out has worked for a few decades, so I"m sure it's okay, but it's weird to me.

This is the first time in my adult life that I've had a heat source in the bathroom. IT's SO much nicer!
dahgts

Tinley Park, IL

#76857 Dec 6, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You can bet she will not dump him.
Of course, she won't. She admires and respects animal lovers.
You can't fix stupid breeders.

On another hot note, I wish I had radiators. I grew up with them and had them in an old apartment in Rogers Park. Got so hot in the bedrooms had to open a window when it was 10 below zero. In the 1920's house I live in now, before the gas furnace, they had a coal furnace and the heat would just rise up through the vents. That just had to be a cold house. Old windows and no insulation, going in the cold basement to shovel coal. What a life...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76858 Dec 6, 2012
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, she won't. She admires and respects animal lovers.
You can't fix stupid breeders.
On another hot note, I wish I had radiators. I grew up with them and had them in an old apartment in Rogers Park. Got so hot in the bedrooms had to open a window when it was 10 below zero. In the 1920's house I live in now, before the gas furnace, they had a coal furnace and the heat would just rise up through the vents. That just had to be a cold house. Old windows and no insulation, going in the cold basement to shovel coal. What a life...
I live in a four-plex, and *I* control heat for the whole building! I keep it set at 67 or 68 (warmer than I'd have it for just my own unit0. WHen I get home or wake up in the morning, I bump it up to 70, 71... once the radiators get warm, I bump it back down. I love that radiators just give off heat for a long time without the boiler actually having to be running.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76859 Dec 6, 2012
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76860 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/si deshow/burglar-calls-911-himse lf-163618126.html
How it should go?
That I can dig. That's a man. Not some pu&&y laying in wait.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76861 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/si deshow/burglar-calls-911-himse lf-163618126.html
How it should go?
I agree! A great example of how it could and hsould play out.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76862 Dec 6, 2012
Jay-Z rides the subway and talks to a 67yo woman.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-post...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76863 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Wow. I hope mom broke up with him.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/06/15...
Charged with "child neglect"? Why wasn't it "child endangerment" I wonder.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76864 Dec 6, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
That I can dig. That's a man. Not some pu&&y laying in wait.
Yes, now that guy I can support.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76865 Dec 6, 2012
WOw, I just this afternoon found out about the guy who got shoved in front of the subway train and was killed. And then the NY Post puts his moments-before-squishing pictures on the front page of the paper.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76866 Dec 6, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Charged with "child neglect"? Why wasn't it "child endangerment" I wonder.
Maybe because the dog was outside the bedroom where the kid was? IDK, that seems like something that could vary state-to-state.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76867 Dec 6, 2012
OK gang, I need some help with my willpower.

We're having a birthday celebration for a couple of my co-workers and I CANNOT STOP EATING THE BROWNIES!!!!

See, part of me knows that I probably won't get dinner until late tonight, since it's the dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker on Ice, so it's OK if I eat a few extra calories.

But the other part of me, yanno the one that wants me to stop being so squishy, is yelling at me to stop eating the mother f*cking brownies!

So far, that part of me is NOT winning. Help!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76868 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
OK gang, I need some help with my willpower.
We're having a birthday celebration for a couple of my co-workers and I CANNOT STOP EATING THE BROWNIES!!!!
See, part of me knows that I probably won't get dinner until late tonight, since it's the dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker on Ice, so it's OK if I eat a few extra calories.
But the other part of me, yanno the one that wants me to stop being so squishy, is yelling at me to stop eating the mother f*cking brownies!
So far, that part of me is NOT winning. Help!
Save the calories for all the parties and things coming up. Tell yourself that you will not eat any more brownies today but that in January (or December 15 or whatever) you will allow yourself to have brownies again.

That's how I get myself out of ruts. If I say I'll never eat another one again, I'd just be lying. So far I'm sticking to my no Ben & Jerry's until after Christmas and no chips until the holiday parties.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76869 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
OK gang, I need some help with my willpower.
We're having a birthday celebration for a couple of my co-workers and I CANNOT STOP EATING THE BROWNIES!!!!
See, part of me knows that I probably won't get dinner until late tonight, since it's the dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker on Ice, so it's OK if I eat a few extra calories.
But the other part of me, yanno the one that wants me to stop being so squishy, is yelling at me to stop eating the mother f*cking brownies!
So far, that part of me is NOT winning. Help!
Drink a lot of water. Now. To fill up. Then drink some more till you feel a bit over full. Repeat.
You will be in the ladies room until the brownies are gone

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76870 Dec 6, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Drink a lot of water. Now. To fill up. Then drink some more till you feel a bit over full. Repeat.
You will be in the ladies room until the brownies are gone
Unfortunately, I will be on the CTA in about half an hour and would like to have a non-ready-to-burst bladder. Otherwise, that sounds like a great plan. I've resisted so far on my own...

And luckily I will not be here tomorrow to eat the leftovers. Will be at home, frantically cleaning because my mother is coming on Sunday and we're getting the girls' bunkbed delivered as well.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76871 Dec 6, 2012
squishymama wrote:
OK gang, I need some help with my willpower.
We're having a birthday celebration for a couple of my co-workers and I CANNOT STOP EATING THE BROWNIES!!!!
See, part of me knows that I probably won't get dinner until late tonight, since it's the dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker on Ice, so it's OK if I eat a few extra calories.
But the other part of me, yanno the one that wants me to stop being so squishy, is yelling at me to stop eating the mother f*cking brownies!
So far, that part of me is NOT winning. Help!
Have a banana.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76872 Dec 6, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a banana.
Dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts? Mmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,275,217
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 44 min Red_Forman 6,406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 45 min Red_Forman 1,347
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 54,501
How to get into the USA. 1 hr Great Song 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Uzi 70,158
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr boundary painter 1,719
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages