Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
Amy and Abby are posted, you lazy scumbags.
Thanks, Sam. Edog has been falling down on the job.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
Next time don't make me wait so long, beyatch!

:P

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because it's been outsourced for cheaper labor!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.

My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So many things to say....
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.
My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
Make Topix your campaign! Grassssssroots! Grasssssroots!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of exciting things involved in that. You have the kids as well. A lot to think about.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

great idea, but that would expose her true identity.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Make Topix your campaign! Grassssssroots! Grasssssroots!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Race, I had to get into an argument with an anti-gun friend here at work. She was using the Chiefs player shooting as a "we need more gun control in this country" rant. Sigh. we have LOTS of gun control. I firmly believe the "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" saying.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RACE wrote:
great idea, but that would expose her true identity.
<quoted text>
At least she's never said anything embarrassing or evil to my knowledge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a wonderful idea, even though you're a Republican. ;)

Honestly, I think you'd be great in public office. But I do think it'd be tough with young kids, so you could wait until the youngest is in school full time, which won't be long now!

I'd contribute to your campaign fund!:D

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think there is only one women he impregnated?
Women...plural

Just sayin'

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Women...plural
Just sayin'
You're correct, but eh (as in "mimi shrug"). If Topix was my life's focus I'd proofread more frequently.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it. The rest will sort itself out.

(I sent you a p m)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Yeah, more gun control would have prevented this suicide.

How is it even possible to create legislation that will allow citizens to own weapons, but guarantee that they wont shoot themselves with it?

I think we need forced mood controlling drugs administrated into our water so that nobody will kill themselves, or want to shoot anyone, or want to steal. Then we wont need gun control at all!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Race, I had to get into an argument with an anti-gun friend here at work. She was using the Chiefs player shooting as a "we need more gun control in this country" rant. Sigh. we have LOTS of gun control. I firmly believe the "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" saying.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RACE wrote:
Yeah, more gun control would have prevented this suicide.
How is it even possible to create legislation that will allow citizens to own weapons, but guarantee that they wont shoot themselves with it?
I think we need forced mood controlling drugs administrated into our water so that nobody will kill themselves, or want to shoot anyone, or want to steal. Then we wont need gun control at all!
<quoted text>
Fluoride!
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

This from the Trib:

Starbucks is now offering a gift card for $450 --$400 to fill the card with store credit and $50 toward the sleek, stainless steel card itself.

Anyone who does that is officially a moron.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
This from the Trib:
Starbucks is now offering a gift card for $450 --$400 to fill the card with store credit and $50 toward the sleek, stainless steel card itself.
Anyone who does that is officially a moron.
I thought that had to be a joke, AND IT ISN'T!!

It went on to say at another site:

"Get this. The gift card is made of steel, and there will be only 5,000 of them sold. And, hereís the really appealing part - they each cost $450 but theyíll be loaded with only $400. What a bargain of a stocking stuffer!

You canít walk into your corner Starbucks and pick up one of these babies, though. You need to buy them at the luxury gift website Gilt. They arenít even for sale yet. The sale will start in two days.

The steel card will give holders a few extra perks like a free drink on their birthday and a free food or drink item after 12 Stars..."

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that had to be a joke, AND IT ISN'T!!
It went on to say at another site:
"Get this. The gift card is made of steel, and there will be only 5,000 of them sold. And, hereís the really appealing part - they each cost $450 but theyíll be loaded with only $400. What a bargain of a stocking stuffer!
You canít walk into your corner Starbucks and pick up one of these babies, though. You need to buy them at the luxury gift website Gilt. They arenít even for sale yet. The sale will start in two days.
The steel card will give holders a few extra perks like a free drink on their birthday and a free food or drink item after 12 Stars..."
I get those "extra perks" with my plain old plastic card. Anyone who buys this is either super rich and looking for a novelty gift for a coffee lover, or a sucker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Usually, status symbols are nothing but stupidity markers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,095,354
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min SpaceBlues 46,220
Tes tic my phono 10 min ochoa 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dale 176,678
Amy 8-19 2 hr Kuuipo 13
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 49,244
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Nono 3,900
Amy 8-20 3 hr Kuuipo 12
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••